Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

By any chance is that my Arabella pattern for 18" dolls?  I have seen other patterns with that name so I was just wondering.

Yes, I think it is. It's on this site. I will post a pic once I have finished. I am making it for my niece.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I finished the shawl that I started in December.  It looks quite pretty but it doesn't offer any cover for the front.  I think our seniors need more coverage... oh well :sigh   Live and learn.

when I went back and looked at the pic more carefully I could see that it didn't meet in the front.  Next time - i like the stitch pattern - I will increase at the beginning to get more of an angel wing effect.

Too overcast for pics today - will try for tomorrow.

I'm in.  I usually make some prayer shawls.  The pattern I mainly use is from lion brand but  you need to register with lion brand to view it.  The name of the pattern is prayer shawl/healing shawl 20281. 

If I can come up with a charity that wants shawls, I could make a few. When I finish up my marathon Caron One Pound de-stash, I Love This Yarn is next on the chopping block, and that would make nice ones. But I'll have to see if anyone around here wants them. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the lapghans over on Boxing Day.

I'm right there with you. I would love to make some shawls, but dont know anywhere that wants them. If I can figure out a place I might join in.

If I can come up with a charity that wants shawls, I could make a few. When I finish up my marathon Caron One Pound de-stash, I Love This Yarn is next on the chopping block, and that would make nice ones. But I'll have to see if anyone around here wants them. Otherwise, I'll just stick with the lapghans over on Boxing Day.

I make shawls all the time--for our local Hospice, for the nursing homes here in town, and for several apartments house complexes that have elderly and/or handicapped tenants.  They are all so happy to get them--and I can make all I desire to make!

I make shawls all the time--for our local Hospice, for the nursing homes here in town, and for several apartments house complexes that have elderly and/or handicapped tenants.  They are all so happy to get them--and I can make all I desire to make!

I agree with your choices.  I have a friend who has a grandson who works in a senior's home and they love shawls and lapghans.  They will take all they can get.

I made a shawl for a lady friend who is in a nursing home and they need their names on everything. How can I tag it with her name on it?

Pretty--nice color! Are you using the Bernat Satin?

Yes, I am it's Emerald. I had 4 skeins that I had ordered for something a few months ago, and now I can't remember what it was for, so I decided to make a shawl... :)

I have my first shawl done and started on the next.  There is no pattern for the 2nd one - it's just dc

The first one was finished a week ago but I didn't get pics done :blush

post-4896-0-01153400-1420908673_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-51380000-1420908674_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-81534900-1420908675_thumb.jpg

It's been a difficult time for crochet since the new year but I hope to get back at it.

I have to post a pic of my Wobble ghan in that CAL as well... life is never boring :wlol

I have my first shawl done and started on the next.  There is no pattern for the 2nd one - it's just dc

The first one was finished a week ago but I didn't get pics done :blush

attachicon.gifone001.jpgattachicon.gifone002.jpgattachicon.giftwo001.jpg

It's been a difficult time for crochet since the new year but I hope to get back at it.

I have to post a pic of my Wobble ghan in that CAL as well... life is never boring :wlol

I love the colors, I have two great-granddaughters and one granddaughter that love pink, and are always asking for items made with pink...lol you'd think I would get tired of pink, but thankfully they have so many lovely shades of pinks nowadays.

Archived