Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

I sat down tonight and finished my Cozy Comfort prayer shawl. I'll try to post a picture tomorrow if I can figure out how. I'm not very computer savvy so it will be a challenge for me. Now to get into my stash and pick out something to use for my next project.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished the Wheelchair Wrap  and hope that I made it big enough for her. I did add some cross stitch rows, but it is hard to see with this color of yarn, I am finding that it doesn't show up well with dark colors. I also did a shell border and am going to add a button or two for her.

post-68557-0-85620800-1422891794_thumb.jpg

post-68557-0-63910800-1422891804_thumb.jpg

I finished the Wheelchair Wrap  and hope that I made it big enough for her. I did add some cross stitch rows, but it is hard to see with this color of yarn, I am finding that it doesn't show up well with dark colors. I also did a shell border and am going to add a button or two for her.

very nice.

I found this pattern ( a moogly link) and love the look.  I have yet to check it out but it is another to add to our OP..

Warm Weather Wrap

just checked and it uses "Baker's Cotton"  I can't use that stuff but I may try it in a SW yarn.  would be so pretty in the right colours.

Very pretty wrap, Darski. I never heard of Bakers Cotton but I'm sure you could use a substitute. I still haven't figured out how to post a picture, and right now my computer is messed up. I think it has a virus. Will be taking it to the "hospital" tomorrow. I have started my friendship shawl in purple.

It took me ages to finish the Wheel Chair wrap. 

It should have gone much more quickly but it is a good pattern and it is open to so many stitch variations.

post-4896-0-74917500-1423317655_thumb.jpg

the yarn was Bernat Premium and it is a finer yarn than you usually get with WW.  However it makes a nice soft fabric.

Pretty wrap, Darski. Love the color. I'm almost finished with my friendship shawl, hopefully I'll finish it this weekend. Not sure yet what my next project will be. My computer is still down, waiting to hear from the computer doctor. Hope it can be repaired and I can figure out how to post pictures.

Pretty wrap, Darski. Love the color. I'm almost finished with my friendship shawl, hopefully I'll finish it this weekend. Not sure yet what my next project will be. My computer is still down, waiting to hear from the computer doctor. Hope it can be repaired and I can figure out how to post pictures.

thank you.  I am starting another WC wrap as I find it very adaptable.  could be fun to try some stuff.

If you have not previously shared photos on the web I would suggest that you begin by setting up a folder and name it for pictures- mine is called "Camera" just because that is what I was thinking about when I created it.  You can then set up sub folders within that folder so you can keep track of stuff.  For every sub folder I have folders for "Norms" and "Origs" so that I have good, full-sized photos to post (800 X 600 pixels" and a place to keep the originals in case I ever need them again.  I found that photos were very likely to become prolific and needed some order.  I am now on my 3rd "stuff" folder. :rofl

I have more than 6,000 pics and 749 folders... I've been busy :wlol

Darski, how many rows did you end up putting on the WC wrap? I added 4 extra to the one I did, but it didn't seem to add too much length or width, your's looks like it is the length I am looking for.

I just started a friendship shawl for my son-in-law's aunt, and all he told me is that she is "tall"....not much help when you are trying to make something for them.

I didn't actually add any extra rows to the length as I was getting tired of working on it.  when it was finished I absolutely loved it.  it has gone to its new home and was very happily received.

I generally find that most tall women tend to be less fluffy :fluffy  however length generally equals arm span so that would be a measure for you.  Find out if she is tall for a woman (5-6 to 5-8) or just plain tall (5-11 to 6-1).

I didn't actually add any extra rows to the length as I was getting tired of working on it.  when it was finished I absolutely loved it.  it has gone to its new home and was very happily received.

I generally find that most tall women tend to be less fluffy :fluffy  however length generally equals arm span so that would be a measure for you.  Find out if she is tall for a woman (5-6 to 5-8) or just plain tall (5-11 to 6-1).

Ok, thanks for your help. I tend to think everyone is tall, as I am 5' and wear a size small, so I have a hard time with making things larger, they all look big to me...lol

I am so happy I perservered. I guess old dogs can learn new tricks.   :cheer   The cream colored shawl is the Cozy Comfort shawl and the purple is the Friendship shawl or Say a Little Prayer shawl.  (I found it under both names.) The purple one is going to our Children's Minister tomorrow.  My next shawl will be the Power of Prayer shawl.

I am so happy I persevered. I guess old dogs can learn new tricks.   :cheer   The cream colored shawl is the Cozy Comfort shawl and the purple is the Friendship shawl or Say a Little Prayer shawl.  (I found it under both names.) The purple one is going to our Children's Minister tomorrow.  My next shawl will be the Power of Prayer shawl.

I love those two.  that is a lovely purple.  is there an online pattern for the cozy comfort shawl?

ETA: found the pattern - thank you.

I finished my next wheel chair wrap.  It is going to be so colourful and cheery :manyheart

I finally figured out why these wraps seem to take so long to make. over 28 rows you add 224 stitches to the original 54 (60)

it seems that bright sunny days cause more photo problems than dull ones.  I am working on a new place to get pics but these will have to do for now. the 2nd pic tries to show the cheeriness of the variegated yarn.

post-4896-0-48725500-1423841546_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-23773600-1423841548_thumb.jpg

I have an orange version on the go... I'll have to see if I want to make more of these after that one.  there really are so many choices to choose from :rofl

I finished my next wheel chair wrap.  It is going to be so colourful and cheery :manyheart

I finally figured out why these wraps seem to take so long to make. over 28 rows you add 224 stitches to the original 54 (60)

it seems that bright sunny days cause more photo problems than dull ones.  I am working on a new place to get pics but these will have to do for now. the 2nd pic tries to show the cheeriness of the variegated yarn.

attachicon.gif2wrap001.jpgattachicon.gif2wrap002.jpg

I have an orange version on the go... I'll have to see if I want to make more of these after that one.  there really are so many choices to choose from :rofl

This is bright and cheerie, love it! I have made a couple more also, but my camera gave up the ghost and I don't have a smart phone. Did you do a special border on this one?

This is bright and cheerie, love it! I have made a couple more also, but my camera gave up the ghost and I don't have a smart phone. Did you do a special border on this one?

I had done some rows of ch1 mesh so when I got near the bottom I worked dc in dc and 2 dc in ch1 space.  On the next row I added a dc between the 2 dc and the last row has a picot on the middle stitch.  I do like the ruffled edge.

I had done some rows of ch1 mesh so when I got near the bottom I worked dc in dc and 2 dc in ch1 space.  On the next row I added a dc between the 2 dc and the last row has a picot on the middle stitch.  I do like the ruffled edge.

Thanks, I'll have to try this, I like the ruffled look too.

Archived