Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't get my picture posted yesterday because my computer iw sick again. It's being worked on as we speak so hopefully we'll be fixed today sometime.

Starting on another shawl today. Amazing Grace Prayer Shawl

http://www.beatriceryandesigns.com/2013/10/21/amazing-grace-prayer-shawl-free-crochet-pattern/

Didn't get my picture posted yesterday because my computer iw sick again. It's being worked on as we speak so hopefully we'll be fixed today sometime.

Starting on another shalwl today. Amazing Grace Prayer Shawl

http://www.beatriceryandesigns.com/2013/10/21/amazing-grace-prayer-shawl-free-crochet-pattern/

I love the look of that pattern.  I have been debating whether I could stand to work over 190 sts.  I prefer to work a few stitches several times rather than several sts a few times. :wlol

Will add the pattern to the OP and thanks for sharing.

I love the look of that pattern.  I have been debating whether I could stand to work over 190 sts.  I prefer to work a few stitches several times rather than several sts a few times. :wlol

Will add the pattern to the OP and thanks for sharing.

I wasn't sure about that many stitches in a row either, but since it's only 36 rows plus edging on the narrow edges I thought i would give it a try.  We'll see how it goes.

Finally finished this one.  I love the WC wrap but I do find it a challenge to finish all those rows.

this one only has 27 rows.  I'm not sure why my rows are so high :think

attachicon.gifeight001.jpg

I love this yarn but I don't have enough to try another shawl.

I also think I need to put some time on other CALs for a bit.  I have other shawls on the go but they will get done as they get done.

Very nice!:)

Krys

Here is my completed shawl.  My rendition of Power of a Prayer Shawl.  My computer is well, I think.

attachicon.gif20150223_134407.jpg

Pretty! I never could figure out how the stripes end up slanted when I scanned through the pattern. I'm afraid that many single crochets would send me screaming into the street!

Thank you for the reminder.  I thought I had that one in the OP and I had missed it.  It is very pretty - it would be so neat for a summer's evening event.

Working the next to last long row on my shawl. I will be glad when I get finished with the long rows and start the edging on the short sides.

see, that is what keeps me from trying those long rows. :rofl

GOY to get it done.

Haven't worked on my shawl in a couple of days, but hope to get in some crochet time this evening. Shouldn't take long to finish. I think my next project might be Beth's Shawl from "The Crocheted Prayer Shawl Companion". You can see it on Ravelry.

Here is my latest shawl.  It didn't end up being as large as I thought it would be, but will be good for a smaller woman.  I did use a size 3 yarn so I'm sure that made the difference.  Please with the result, tho.  

post-23508-0-84807300-1425319725_thumb.jpg

Archived