Shawl We Crochet? - CAL

darski

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's pretty, darksy!

I just finished the friendship shawl in caron one pound deep violet. I really like this pattern.

attachicon.giffriendship shawl.JPG

I love that one.  I think I am going to start making the rectangles.  I don't think the triangle shawls work as well after all. I like to use the shawls to try new stitches. 

Would love to join. I just joined the prayer shawl ministry at my church and want to try some different patterns. Hopefully I can learn to post pictures of my finished projects.

You are very welcome to the group. The picture system is really user friendly so a bit of practice will do the trick.

I have started a rectangle shawl in a pretty yellow.  It will be worked out to both ends from the centre and then I will add a white border. it is 21 inches wide at this point.  I always like yellow and white; they are so fresh together.

I'm going to use the Friendship Shawl for my next one... right after I finish these two-on-the-go. :rofl

post-4896-0-54314900-1421182318_thumb.jpg

That's a pretty stitch pattern!

It is row 1 of a stitch that, when I tried it, I didn't like so I just kept going with row 1.  It is a [dc, ch2, dc, ch2, dc] shell.  It is quite open but still sufficient coverage to be useful. :c9

I got my tail in gear and finished that rosy triangle shawl last night.  Just have to get a pic sometime today. :eek

:sigh  Well I haven't even managed to START a shawl yet.  I've been busy finishing what was supposed to be a baby afghan but ended up turning into a full size afghan.  So then I had to hurry up and start another baby blanket and it is very slow going for me.  I'm not the world's speediest crocheter by any means!  Hopefully one of these days I'll be able to actually start on one these shawls.  In the meantime, I just keep checking to see all the pretties everyone else is making!  :)

:sigh  I've been busy finishing what was supposed to be a baby afghan but ended up turning into a full size afghan.  

That happened to me one time!  A man from the Senior Center bought a lap afghan from us at one of our Craft Shows.  A week later, he brought it back to me and asked if I could make it bigger!  He wanted it big enough to cover his bed!  So I made 3 more lapghans, sewed them all together, put a border on it, and charged him twice what the original price was!  He must have been happy--He ended up ordering two more similar to it!  :yes  :lol 

Got the pics finally.

post-4896-0-41927300-1421287674_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-26067000-1421287676_thumb.jpg

Now I'm going to get some of my gorgeous new blue yarn and start the Friendship one. 

I still have the yellow on the go as well but I like variety to keep active.

I figured out what happened. 

They want you to 'dc in next 2 ch" instead of just "next ch".  Then I would have made a 3 dc group at the end as well.  That would account for the 2 extra chains I had.

I think I will find another st pattern that will work and let me use that same border.

The pink is pretty, too! I like the border. I didn't have a problem with the chain on the friendship shawl. I definitely want to make it again. It's nice in the caron one pound, but would really be snuggly in a softer yarn.

Ok, I am so far into stupid today.  I know what I did wrong in the reading.  <<my bad>>  :blush

I did start over but I'm doing ch 2 instead of ch 3 between the sets.  I'm making these for seniors so I don't want too much open space.

Ok, I am so far into stupid today.  I know what I did wrong in the reading.  <<my bad>>  :blush

I did start over but I'm doing ch 2 instead of ch 3 between the sets.  I'm making these for seniors so I don't want too much open space.

Are you referring to the Friendship Shawl on this variation?  I don't like them to have much open space, either!

Are you referring to the Friendship Shawl on this variation?  I don't like them to have much open space, either!

Yes  it is the Friendship shawl.  I like it at ch2 so I am glad I went with that.

I need some fresh eyes and a new mind :rofl

We talked about making the shawls more closed than open for seniors but I tried this stitch pattern -which I :heart :heart :heart - but it is half open and half closed but sooooo pretty.

Do you suppose some style conscious seasoned citizen would rather have pretty than warm :wbrr

post-4896-0-48443400-1421789430_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-72374100-1421789448_thumb.jpg

I broke off after the full repeat of the pattern as I wasn't sure if I should keep going or not and I wanted the yarn available.

it is 21" wide but I would add some form of border to finish it.

Any thoughts :?

it is pattern # 80 in 280 crochet shell stitches

Archived