2013 Stashbusting CAL

tnkycrochetnut

lots of stitching this week on fair projects.  Only finished off one skein of yarn, but I organized my stash on monday and took 30 skeins of yarn to my knit/crochet group.  But then found a sale on craftsy, and found some yarn on clearance at walmart.  Also purchased a skein of crochet thread for a doily that will be a gift for my mother in law.  So  the damage report is as follows:

skeins used up 1  +2, skeins gifted 30   +60,  skeins purchases 15  -30  

WTD: +32  YTD:+10

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Used up another on my First Love shawl!  Hope to get that finished..maybe even today!

WTD -6

crud...someone HAD to mention on the 'ville that Joann's had a bunch of yarn on sale.. bought most at 50-55% off.... all 24 skeins of it.  I feel a shoot the moon coming on...

WTD -52

Scores for w/e 7/13/13:

Gold Medal Winner: mva5493  +32

Silver Medal Winner:  Ihasaapsolady  +10

Bronze Medal Winner:  Shining_Star  +9

Using up stash:

Addicted2patterns +7

homesteadingwife +2

Just-in +2

Bailey4 +1

pineknott +1

Ellie 13 +1

tnkycrochetnut +1

Holding steady:

prettywoman030981

greyhoundgrandma

Finding those sales:

BigPinkPolkaDot -2

PBLKNP -2

cshort -3

VikingRunnerGirl -4

Braxxi -12

Shoot the Moon Winner: FrLopLady  -52

Ok, yes, I calculated things completely wrong this week, but it doesn't affect the rankings at all, so it's ok. :D But to make sure I set my sig straight, last week was -5 for me, and -33 overall this year. (I forgot about the green yarn at the beginning of the week when I posted last night, and I added my numbers up backwards when I added that green yarn!)

I finished the afghan :cheer . I made a sc border instead of a shell one so I wouldn't need to get more :yarn. It worked, but I didn't use the last ball :( . I'm not sure what to   :crocheting next. The weather has been nice, so I weeded the garden. I've got tomatos, green peppers, beans and lots of herbs. Maybe I'll just cook instead :lol .

WTD: 0  (so far, I hope to have more before Sat.)

Ellie 13

I think I need to get busy using up yarn lol.  Working on a thread doily that is slow going,  lots of stitching and I am making progress, but there is a lot of yardage on this cone.  I keep finding yarn on sale on line so I don't think I will have a positive score this week but it's lovely wool yarn and a really good sale.....Cascade Casablanca @ $5.00 a skein over at alpaca direct, regular price is $19.00 at my lys.  

Last night finished up a skein of cotton on my apron. Will have to get more tomorrow...thought I had more of the color I needed, turns out I don't. So far +2

Yesterday I bought 3 skeins for projects I am working on. -6. Last night I used up 2. + 4. Today I used up another. +2

So far then my score is +2. Hoping to get at least one more done before my final post for the week.

WTD: +2 20 July 2013

I completely forgot to post my score from last week, but since it was a big fat ZERO I doubt it mattered much... :lol

This past week has been miserably hot and sticky so I haven't done any hooking.  I also haven't done any shopping, so my score for this week is another big fat ZERO.  :rofl

My daughter turns 10 tomorrow, so we're planning a nice double-digit party for her.  :D  Have a great weekend everyone!!!  :hug

WTD 0 / YTD +65 week ending 7/20/2013

:yay:woo:faint:yay:woo:faint

I don't believe it.  I did it again this week.  Last week I rolled a skein into a ball. This week I used up the ball.  My score for the week ending 7/20/13 is:

WTD: +1

Well, I didn't get as much hooking done this week.  But I did manage to use up a partiel skein that was laying here.

WTD: +1  week ending 7/20/13

Hey Melani, wish your daughter a very happy birthday from my family.  Hope she has a great day!

Archived