I made a hat! A newsboy cap! *Updated with matching scarf!*

Melissa

47276930_0f0bb38f04_m.jpg47720295_8ee1a2e34c_m.jpg

Someone on the forums at Crochetme was asking for a newsboy cap, and remembering one pattern I'd bookmarked for future use, I decided to go for it! After only a few rounds, however, I decided I didn't like the pattern I was using, so I chucked it and designed my own! I must say, it turned out surprisingly well...:c9

*edit* I decided to make a scarf to go with it - you know, one of those crazy-long super-skinny ones. Don't I look cool? Now I just need a fitted jacket to go with it... :knit

For a larger view of the second pic, go to http://static.flickr.com/25/47720295_8ee1a2e34c.jpg

That came out great! I love pink. The stitches seem small (which I like), did you felt it?

No. :P Just a lot of freaking single crochet. It takes a long time, but you get a more solid result than double or treble crochet (I hate that 'gappy' look).

i'm working on that very hat now! we'll see how it goes. i didn't use paton's brilliant, but am using caron simply soft

your hat is simply brilliant! are you planning on writing it up/sharing the pattern?:cheer

thats a great hat!...i saw one similar on the cover of a recent crochet mag...i had thought about giving it a shot myself.

Archived