Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I got squares yesterday. Thank you for who ever sent them. I was a little down so it was nice to see someone cares. Thank you!!

Good morning!

Been up for a while made breakfast and took daughter to school.

Now off to the vet.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a hard night at work, I'm anxious all the time and prone to crying at the drop of a hat. Gonna spend some much needed time with my mom. Taking a day off so I don't recount last night. Waiting for my new yarn, watching video tutorials for granny square patterns. Blessings to all.

Reiann sorry you are having such a hard time. Hope things will get better.

thank you! Me too, I'm up early and anxious again (a little nauseous) BUT my new skeins finally came so I'm occupied yay.

post-71930-0-46102900-1401311598_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone!

Thank You Granny Annie for the card and adorable keychain, I love it!!!  :hug 

I'll never get caught up on everything.

This week and next week were suppose to be fairly easy weeks since school is winding down and will be finished next Thur. But what greeted me first thing Tuesday morning....an email that I had a new student starting that morning. By the time he stops crying and throwing up from crying school will be out for the summer. Needless to say I was exhausted yesterday and never made it here. Today I had errands to run and will be heading out in a few minutes for church. I think we are having the graduation celebration for our high school seniors but things are a little up in the air right now although we've been assured that things will continue as usual. Our youth pastor will be leaving in a week to become the senior pastor of a church in Maryland. He is the 4th youth pastor since I became involved in youth ministry about 15 years ago and I think it may be time for me to take a break.

Ok enough whining, I need to get going.

Have a great evening everyone!

wow,lots to catch up on, lol

Hugs to all that hurt, or are sick, or have headaches, or upset tummies, or feeling bad in any way shape or form!!!!!!!

Hows that for a blanket comment, lol If it keeps ya warm inside though, it's permissable!!

GOtta say, ann,  got your lovely card, thank you for thinking of me, and for the kind words, and the little surprise, the cutest little granny square key chain!!! How fitting, I love me my squares, lol, Thank you so much dear friend!!!! I just love it!! I took a pic, but it's still on the camera, Ill do that another day!!

Busy around here too, the past week or so, spring cleaning, and hauling things to thrift stores, and or the big dumpster the neighborhood has for the month, for clean up month!! I looked under my deck,and still have a couple things to take to the dumpster, but haven't done that as of yet...

NIce weather, some scattered showers to cool things off, rain when we need it, sunshine and a good breeze, makes it nice to work outside for a bit..

I  found an afghan I had started, sewing the squares and such togheter, and i had put on two rows of dc trim, but I took that off, and decided to add another row or two to it, lol, so have that done, and have a cou ple rows of trim to put on it, it's made from some of the squares I made a while back, from all my small balls, and medium balls, lol Ill take a pic of it and post the thread here, maybe when it's alldone, I just wanted it a bit bigger, probably will go to the nursing home here locally....

I have been keeping busy, and straightened up the craft room a bit, the yarn on the shelves now, look so neat and tidy, and happy!! lol Now if only the rest of the room was that tidy, lol, OH well, I will straighten that up when i am done with my projects, lol

went to MIchaels today as well, but i was good, only bought a couple colors I was needing, oh and at the checkouts, whilst waiting for my turn, I spotted, a long package like a mounds bar, but red, and it was yes, wait for it...

MY FAV choclate ever, Lindor Truffles!     So y es, bought some of them!!!!! Gosh they are to die for, if Im gonna eat chocolate now and then, I by gosh, am gonna eat the b est, lol      They're gone now,,,,,,but that chocolate was so creamy and good, pure heaven!!!!!!!!!!

well,t here I go again, rattling on and on,,,,,hi to all, glad to see you all talking up a storm, welcome back to those that were away, and take care till tomorrow!!!

post-71930-0-38164700-1401339808_thumb.jpg the progress I've made with my first ever granny square! Gonna finish it after I do my psychology homework...

Good morning, beautiful Squares!!

My home computer (laptop) still won't charge.  We're trying a different plug...hopefully that works!  Tuesday greeted me with a pile of paperwork that had to be completed by this upcoming Monday, so I've been chipping away at it.  Yesterday at 5:30, I was done!!  Yay!!  Or so I thought...this morning, I was greeted with a, "Don't forget you have to create this document for every student by Monday.  Oh, and you have to interview every student in order to get the information needed.  Don't forget...it has to be done by Monday!"  I'm soooo thrilled...NOT!!  Looks like I'll be here late today and tomorrow.  :reyes

BUT the weeked is almost here, and school is almost over!! :cheer  :clap  :cheer Can't wait for summer vacation!!  I've been busy with my hook and yarn making some squares, so check your inboxes for an addy request!!  I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but last weekend we had a flood in our rental unit, and I was on cleaning duty while the renters were away, which meant no trip to the yarn store for me, but *this weekend* I will be treating myself!!  (And some of you too since I'll be buy stuff for some new squares) 

Take care, everyone!!  Have an epic day!!! :ghug  :hug  :manyheart  

Sorry I have been MIA. Lucy requires LOTS of attention! I swear, if she's not sleeping, she's on the boob. There's no way I'm going to catch up from the last time I posted, so I'll start with this page.

attachicon.gif10322447_737606302949647_6863760823677038863_n.jpg the progress I've made with my first ever granny square! Gonna finish it after I do my psychology homework...

First granny square is exciting! I remember my first was for this group too. Good luck!

And here are my promised pictures! The big square is from grannieannie (thank you so much!!!) and the 3 smaller ones are from katyallen (thank you too!). And last but not least, pics of Lucy!

Oh, and the winner of the baby guess pool was Rusty'sMom! I was the farthest off, LOL!

post-48303-0-31754700-1401392624_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-67245400-1401392684_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-69587100-1401393030_thumb.jpg

post-48303-0-69904800-1401393057_thumb.jpg

Good morning all! Hugs to everyone!

hi ya kuddles!! glad to hear the choco factory went well, everthing these days, is so expensive though, I know...

Good morning, beautiful Squares!!

My home computer (laptop) still won't charge.  We're trying a different plug...hopefully that works!  Tuesday greeted me with a pile of paperwork that had to be completed by this upcoming Monday, so I've been chipping away at it.  Yesterday at 5:30, I was done!!  Yay!!  Or so I thought...this morning, I was greeted with a, "Don't forget you have to create this document for every student by Monday.  Oh, and you have to interview every student in order to get the information needed.  Don't forget...it has to be done by Monday!"  I'm soooo thrilled...NOT!!  Looks like I'll be here late today and tomorrow.  :reyes

BUT the weeked is almost here, and school is almost over!!   :clap  :cheer :cheer Can't wait for summer vacation!!  I've been busy with my hook and yarn making some squares, so check your inboxes for an addy request!!  I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but last weekend we had a flood in our rental unit, and I was on cleaning duty while the renters were away, which meant no trip to the yarn store for me, but *this weekend* I will be treating myself!!  (And some of you too since I'll be buy stuff for some new squares) 

Take care, everyone!!  Have an epic day!!!

Well hello julie!! Always a cheer-er-upper  to read your posts!! Didn't know about the flood, so sorry for that,hope you didn't get it too bad! And yay for yarn and squares, ha ha!!

Good afternoon!

Hope everyone is having a good day so far.

Hi yaSandra!! Hope all is well in the owlvamp  household, lol Pretty soon,you will have your daughters home for the summer won't you??That will be very nice, and make things a bit less stressful on you, im sure!!

Hi everyone, Just popping in while waiting for dinner to finish cooking. Ham & Bean soup ( minus the Ham) and some yummy cornbread. :hug s to every one of you :hug :hug :hug

Hello Lacey!! ham and bean, minus the ham sounds good to me, I love bean soup,any way I can get it, do you ever put tiny piece of carrot in yours, my mom used to make it that way, back when you had to soak the beans overnight, do you still do that, I think last time I made it,I didn't have to soak them, but for maybe an hour or two, per directions on the bag o beans!! Just curious is all..

Other news, non,lol, Ihave no other news at the moment, let me think a second though, ha ha..

nope,nothingi s coming to mind, doing the same thing,different day I guess, lol...my pattern box is still full, but now a lot of them have written more clearly notes accompanying them,lol and still a few to write out, then the job of follwing my own directions, doing one only from that,and then I can type out the patterns, sometime soon!!!!!!

has anyone yet tried one of the patterns i put on the ville, the threads are in my siggy below, let me know if you have,and how you found the pattern to be, and not sure on the rating, they both were easy for me, but....... not quite beginner, somewhere in the intermediate maybe....easy for those that have done them before though!!

Ohhhhh we have heard from Cindy!! Yay!!! baby keeping her umpcious busy for a while!! She is of course, precious!!!             

Nice first square Reiann!! You are "hooked". ha ha, many looks and combinations to explore, here's to a healthy and productive granny square future!!

Hello!

Another busy day. My new little student didn't cry as much today but we had career day this morning which kept us moving in and out of different rooms for a couple of hours and then it rained so we couldn't play outside. But all in all it was a pretty good day. I'm babysitting for friends tonight so I'll be busy again in a little while. 

Cindy, Lucy is absolutely adorable. Those are pretty squares you received too.

Reiann, your square looks great.

Jilliepop, I'm counting the days, only 5 more class days for us and then a planning day which part of that is our end of the year lunch at a nice little greek restaurant.

Talk to you all tomorrow.

Awe Lucy is so darling. I just love babies. You get as much rest as you.

Daughters are home for the summer. It's so nice to have them here too!

Good morning!

Woot! Baby pix! Cindy, she is gorgeous! Enjoy her!

Our week here is finally winding down.......always feels long when we have a day off, which makes no sense! My work partner and I are tuckered out! Lots to do!

Kiddles is so ready for school to be over! But really I think next week is more about fun. They go downtown one day to the Imax theater and see something about Meercats...plus the class party another day.........

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning!

School is about here to.

Daughter has next week for finals and only goes for that class. So every day she will be at school for about 2 1/2 hours.

Hi Everyone!  Sorry that I haven't been around much this week.  It's been a trying health week, most of it spent in bed,  That;s where I headed as so as I finish this post.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.  It's good to see that my packages are finally arriving.  I was getting worried, lol. You are all very welcome.  I espescially wanted to send something to our "angels", and once I put my thinking cap on, well I came up with the keychains, lol.  I'm so glad that you all like them. Hopefully the rest of the squares that I sent out will start to show up now that the holiday is over.

Cindy, it is so wonderful of you to share a pic of Lucy!  She is adorable.

Sending hugs to all that need them.  School will be out soon, so some stress will be reduced for a time and hopefully we will have a nice summer to enjoy.

Well folks, I'm out of steam.  I'm sorry that I couldn't get to all of you but know that I'm thinking of you. (((hugs)))

Ann

Hello everyone!

Thank You Granny Annie for the card and adorable keychain, I love it!!!  :hug

I'll never get caught up on everything.

This week and next week were suppose to be fairly easy weeks since school is winding down and will be finished next Thur. But what greeted me first thing Tuesday morning....an email that I had a new student starting that morning. By the time he stops crying and throwing up from crying school will be out for the summer. Needless to say I was exhausted yesterday and never made it here. Today I had errands to run and will be heading out in a few minutes for church. I think we are having the graduation celebration for our high school seniors but things are a little up in the air right now although we've been assured that things will continue as usual. Our youth pastor will be leaving in a week to become the senior pastor of a church in Maryland. He is the 4th youth pastor since I became involved in youth ministry about 15 years ago and I think it may be time for me to take a break.

Ok enough whining, I need to get going.

Have a great evening everyone!

I remember being a new student in school in 7th grade! I think I cried till I threw up every day when I got off the bus for several weeks! It's so hard to be new in any place, especially when you come in the middle of the year when all the other new students have already found their groups of friends. I hope he gets used to his new surroundings and the other students soon. And good luck to you having him in your class!  :hug

wow,lots to catch up on, lol

Hugs to all that hurt, or are sick, or have headaches, or upset tummies, or feeling bad in any way shape or form!!!!!!!

Hows that for a blanket comment, lol If it keeps ya warm inside though, it's permissable!!

GOtta say, ann,  got your lovely card, thank you for thinking of me, and for the kind words, and the little surprise, the cutest little granny square key chain!!! How fitting, I love me my squares, lol, Thank you so much dear friend!!!! I just love it!! I took a pic, but it's still on the camera, Ill do that another day!!

Busy around here too, the past week or so, spring cleaning, and hauling things to thrift stores, and or the big dumpster the neighborhood has for the month, for clean up month!! I looked under my deck,and still have a couple things to take to the dumpster, but haven't done that as of yet...

NIce weather, some scattered showers to cool things off, rain when we need it, sunshine and a good breeze, makes it nice to work outside for a bit..

I  found an afghan I had started, sewing the squares and such togheter, and i had put on two rows of dc trim, but I took that off, and decided to add another row or two to it, lol, so have that done, and have a cou ple rows of trim to put on it, it's made from some of the squares I made a while back, from all my small balls, and medium balls, lol Ill take a pic of it and post the thread here, maybe when it's alldone, I just wanted it a bit bigger, probably will go to the nursing home here locally....

I have been keeping busy, and straightened up the craft room a bit, the yarn on the shelves now, look so neat and tidy, and happy!! lol Now if only the rest of the room was that tidy, lol, OH well, I will straighten that up when i am done with my projects, lol

went to MIchaels today as well, but i was good, only bought a couple colors I was needing, oh and at the checkouts, whilst waiting for my turn, I spotted, a long package like a mounds bar, but red, and it was yes, wait for it...

MY FAV choclate ever, Lindor Truffles!     So y es, bought some of them!!!!! Gosh they are to die for, if Im gonna eat chocolate now and then, I by gosh, am gonna eat the b est, lol      They're gone now,,,,,,but that chocolate was so creamy and good, pure heaven!!!!!!!!!!

well,t here I go again, rattling on and on,,,,,hi to all, glad to see you all talking up a storm, welcome back to those that were away, and take care till tomorrow!!!

Oh Lindor truffles!! I love those!!  :manyheart  I get the milk chocolate with the chocolate filling and sometimes the dark. I also love the Ferrerro Rochers (or however you spell them) and the coconut ones, but I can't remember exactly what they're called. 

Sorry I have been MIA. Lucy requires LOTS of attention! I swear, if she's not sleeping, she's on the boob. There's no way I'm going to catch up from the last time I posted, so I'll start with this page.

First granny square is exciting! I remember my first was for this group too. Good luck!

And here are my promised pictures! The big square is from grannieannie (thank you so much!!!) and the 3 smaller ones are from katyallen (thank you too!). And last but not least, pics of Lucy!

Oh, and the winner of the baby guess pool was Rusty'sMom! I was the farthest off, LOL!

Oh Cindy she is adorable!! I can't even stand it!!  :manyheart Maybe being so busy with her isn't so bad when she's so stinkin cute!!  :yes Thank you for the pictures and for checking in!

Hi Everyone!  Sorry that I haven't been around much this week.  It's been a trying health week, most of it spent in bed,  That;s where I headed as so as I finish this post.  You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily.  It's good to see that my packages are finally arriving.  I was getting worried, lol. You are all very welcome.  I espescially wanted to send something to our "angels", and once I put my thinking cap on, well I came up with the keychains, lol.  I'm so glad that you all like them. Hopefully the rest of the squares that I sent out will start to show up now that the holiday is over.

Cindy, it is so wonderful of you to share a pic of Lucy!  She is adorable.

Sending hugs to all that need them.  School will be out soon, so some stress will be reduced for a time and hopefully we will have a nice summer to enjoy.

Well folks, I'm out of steam.  I'm sorry that I couldn't get to all of you but know that I'm thinking of you. (((hugs)))

Ann

I hope you're starting to feel better!!  :hug

Not much here... I started a square for a new afghan the other evening. It's mitered but it came out all wonky and I have no idea how it happened... I posted the picture and the link to the pattern I used here in case anyone wants to take a look and offer their advice! 

DH and I spent yesterday with my grandmother and my uncle. We went to lunch at a local Mennonite restaurant and then went to the Green Valley Book Fair. If anyone lives anywhere near the Shenandoah Valley (Virginia) it's definitely worth the trip! All their books are deeply discounted and they have all kinds! Usually they have more crochet books, but I was disappointed this time because they only had 1 and it's one they've had for probably 6 months and I'm just not interested. Sometimes they have the Leisure Arts or Annie's Attic booklets for only $1.50 or $2. The book fair happens every couple of months so I'm hoping next time they've got more crochet books! 

Happy Friday, all! Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. We don't have any plans, but you just never know when something might pop up! 

Oh yes, ferrari rochettes,*sp is  my second personal favorite!!!! You have great taste in chocolate Yarn Monkey, lol

Ill check out that pattern, but Im sure someone else here is more likely to know more about that than me, lol

I have been plaiying with some crochet books, looking through them,each time thinking, well should get rid of the ones I don't use, but darn it, can't part with um quite yet, lol they still have good in them!!!!!!

Where has this week gone?  Seems like it was just Mon and today is Fri?

Cindy, Lucy is so cute.

dragnlady, cute rug.

grannyannie, I wish you felt better.

kuddles, sounds like kiddles should have fun next week

cshort, I feel sorry for your new student.  It's bad enough to have to start at a new place but to have to do it at the very end of the year seems cruel. 

yarn-monkey, I don't know about that square.  If the stitch count is correct it must be a tension thing.  It really almost looks like you might inadvertantly be adding an extra stitch at the end but I don't know.

katy, if you aren't hurting for room, I would keep the books a little longer.  Seems like when I get rid of something I wind up needing it the next week. 

:juggle Two days of shows with my husband's band. I can barely hear lol but it's worth it for all the local and far away talent. Tomorrow is my sis-in-law's baby shower (tho the twins are home!) So it's gonna be a big change. Working on the Afghan again when I can work in in red heart's gumdrop grape yarn, it looks delicious! Pics soon. :heart

Archived