Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  Just a quick "hello".  thunderstorms are moving in, but I wanted to stop in and see my friends while I had a chance.  Thanks for all the anniversary wishes.  We've had a nice day even though it was busy going to medical appts.  We did manage to stop for a coffee/soda break at a little country store.  We sat in the car and watched the alpacas play, lol.  The place we wanted to go for a snack isn't open on Tuesdays, what the heck. Oh well, we'll plan another "date" later in the month.

Kuddles, love the embroidery work! 

Reiann, so glad that you like your squares.  Katie, the one on the right is one that I made trying to figure out your pattern for the square you sent me ( hope you can understand what I'm trying to say, lol).  I still have to type up the pattern then I'll get it to you.  Right now it's in my scribbled notes that even I have a hard time reading, lol.

yarn_monkey, wow, a place to go to spend your anniv!  awesome!  We're still hoping that someday we'll get a honeymoon, lol.  I'm not holding my breathe on that one.  After all these years, I just count my blessings each day.  I sure would love to get away for a few days though, lol.

ok, I'm oughta here before the thunder boomers start.  Hugs all around....

Grannyannie, glad you had a fairly good day.  Sorry I didn't get this photo up until now.  I am dealing with a very old computer and a new one and so far I haven't loaded photos to the new one.  I do really appreciate the card and key ring that you sent. 

post-11309-0-13597100-1401845860_thumb.jpg

Yay its my anniversary as of now (midnight). Married for a year to the man I've known for almost the years. Still have the same crush on him I did then except I don't blush as much just trying to talk to him. Crocheted two and 1/4 rows last night. Ordering new yarn in the morning (apple, yellow, and blueberry all from the red heart gumdrop line).

Good morning all! Hope those of you in the way of the storms made it through okay! They were supposed to be here overnite but they stayed more south so lucked out ..... for now!

Here? Just another work/school day! Have a great one all!

kuddles

I fell a sleep on the couch and daughter came out and Hercules was sleeping and she must of startled him because he went off and the rest went off. Let's say scared me and I was wake for a while after that. Calmed them down and potty they went and back to bed to sleep for them as well.

Hercules woke me again this morning. He had to potty and was hungry! He hadn't felt to good two days ago and would eat nothing. He's making up for it right now.

Good morning all!

Not sure what I'll be doing. Thinking about crocheting a beach bag. It's for a contest and real cute.

Katy, I hope you and anyone else that was in the path of the storm are okay.  We had wind and rain but nothing like Iowa and Nebraska.  It's been cloudy and really humid all day.  You can almost see the tomato plants growing.  They are really loving this.  

Reiann. happy anniversary.  

Grannyannie, glad you had a fairly good day.  Sorry I didn't get this photo up until now.  I am dealing with a very old computer and a new one and so far I haven't loaded photos to the new one.  I do really appreciate the card and key ring that you sent. 

and here is mine too!!!  Thank you ann!!!!!!

post-40621-0-15218300-1401923590_thumb.jpg

we weathered the longest storm in the history of Nebraska, Im sure, lasted for hours on end, but no damage here, just heavy rains, and some flooding further away, creeks overflowing their banks, and a few being evaced out but closer to the river I think.. Way away from us.

here is what has had me occupied for a bit, the box is full of squares to write out, and make one, lol so I know the instructions are ok, and the ones in the zip locks, are all written, Like you ann, in Katie notes, lol all ready to type out soon though!! It's a long process,and I just keep adding to the pile,lol woe is me!!!!

Got my tire fixed today too, caught a nail, but now, that darn little light that tells me my tire is low,is off, hopefully forever, lol

Had a submarine sandwich from one of our fav. places,Milios, they make the best!! Then some cherry pie later on,will round out the eating today, lol

Oh, might post a give away, on the appropriate thread, look for it, just wanted to give you all the heads up first!! Ok, all for now, weather is quiet, and i am full, and gonna relax a bit soooo catch you all later.

post-40621-0-81227100-1401923985_thumb.jpgpost-40621-0-78106700-1401924016_thumb.jpg

Its almost the first day of my weekend, yay! Since we couldn't celebrate Wednesday, jj and I are going to the restaurant we had our first date at and then spending the rest of the day at home, just the two of us, for our anniversary. :) I'm excited. Lol. Can't wait to crochet when I get home, started the cherry gumdrop color. Can only do it for a short period, however, as college work awaits too.

Good morning all!

Katie, such a pretty giveaway! Mine stills in kiddle's room!

and Katie, great looking squares and excited to see the write ups! Woot!

Can't wait for this work week to be over! Then next week, kiddles and I are off 3 days for our little vaca (gift) and riding a horse!

Everyone have a super day!

kuddles

Good Morning!

It's the last day of school for students and they leave at noon today, I think I'm more exited than the kids. 

I mailed puffies yesterday, they are headed to our Queen Jilliepop and our newest member Reiann, estimated delivery is Saturday.

Thats about it for now.

Have a great day everyone.

post-71930-0-81379900-1401976180_thumb.jpg

New color worked in! I bought 3 new colors to continue, all from the gumdrop line, two added above these colors (over my very first edge, making it the middle essentially) and one worked into the Cherry I've just started. Sorry if that's confusing lol. But now, college work...

Good Morning!

It's the last day of school for students and they leave at noon today, I think I'm more exited than the kids. 

I mailed puffies yesterday, they are headed to our Queen Jilliepop and our newest member Reiann, estimated delivery is Saturday.

Thats about it for now.

Have a great day everyone.

Thank you! I'm excited!

Hi, ALL!!

Thank you so much for my glorious crown!!!  It's soooo beautiful!!! 

The plug finally arrived for my computer!!!!  YAY!!  Now I can catch up at home!!!  Work sped up this week!!  WHY?!?  It's time for summer!!!  Actually, my last day is on the 13th.  Anyway, since I've been slammed with testing, I haven't been able to catch up completely, but now that testing is slow and my computer has a charger/cord, my life in the 'ville can continue!!

Thank you all so much again!!! xoxoxox :manyheart   :ghug  :clap  :ty

hilo everyone!!

Well, did we all suffer through these storms moving through the country! Sheesh, we got like 5 and a half inches in that one storm, that's a lot, and now it's moved on to drown more cities to the east of us!

Nice colors Reiann, I too have puffy's for you, and for our New Queen Jillipop, lol and will mail tomorrow!! Just a heads up!

School is out, been out here for a week or so, but glad you are all gonna catch a break for the summer, lol

Yeah, Kuddles, got a lot of them written up, but more to go, and then the daunting task, of checking notes, and putting them in the correct language, etc etc etc,that is the part i abhor, lol but no one can do it, but me I guess, so Ill Power through!!

More rain coming for us, but Im sure nothing like before.....

Did anyone here interested get a chance to check my give away thread yet, Ill leave it running till next weds...then chose a name from a hat, and that is who gets it.......check it out if you haven't already!! (shameful plug, I just want you all to get in on it, lol)

I will be back later, so stay safe!!      http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/151536-sneezin-season-give-away/

Good morning!

Hubby wants to put up his fish tank again. I dread the darn thing really and really don't want it. But I guess I'll try not to complain to much as for he never complains about my fabric , yarn. If he had a billion dollars he would buy me warehouses of it so I know I shouldn't complain about his fish tank. No regrets remember ... Thanks ladies for putting that in my mind. So this weekend going up to chaperone youngest grandson at school. (End of school party ) and the crappy boyfriend is going to build me a base for the fish tank and put a shelf on it too. He is very helpful just mean to the grandchildren and their mother. I just have to buy the screws and a couple pieces of the wood for he has the rest. So I couldn't pass it up. Plus he wants a pair of sneakers .. One daughter is going to buy the fish. I'll let you all know how it goes . He will be totally surprised for he knows I don't want it up.

I did put in for it. I left a post on the other site. Let me know of you got it. Thanks

Katy, glad to hear you made it through the storms okay.  I checked ot your give away.  That's really cute and my favorite color so I had to request to be entered.  Your box of squares you are creating looks very interesting.  There were some very pretty ones on top.  We will be anxiouxly awaiting your written patterns.  

Kuddles, it sounds like you and Kiddles have a fun vacation planned.

owlvamp, hope all goes well with setting up the fish tank.  They are fun to watch.  

Archived