Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

we weathered the longest storm in the history of Nebraska, Im sure, lasted for hours on end, but no damage here, just heavy rains, and some flooding further away, creeks overflowing their banks, and a few being evaced out but closer to the river I think.. Way away from us.

here is what has had me occupied for a bit, the box is full of squares to write out, and make one, lol so I know the instructions are ok, and the ones in the zip locks, are all written, Like you ann, in Katie notes, lol all ready to type out soon though!! It's a long process,and I just keep adding to the pile,lol woe is me!!!!

Got my tire fixed today too, caught a nail, but now, that darn little light that tells me my tire is low,is off, hopefully forever, lol

Had a submarine sandwich from one of our fav. places,Milios, they make the best!! Then some cherry pie later on,will round out the eating today, lol

Oh, might post a give away, on the appropriate thread, look for it, just wanted to give you all the heads up first!! Ok, all for now, weather is quiet, and i am full, and gonna relax a bit soooo catch you all later.

attachicon.gif100_3870.jpgattachicon.gif100_3866.jpg

Such pretty squares. I cant wait to see the patterns.

tis entered, here's that give away link!! Good luck!

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/151536-sneezin-season-give-away/

I entered

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning! What in the world?????/ I didn't get on here for a couple days? I'm slipping! Sorry bout that!

We had a busy weekend of errands and such but then Kiddles decided on Sunday to have a temp that went up to 103! Just knew I'd be staying home with her yesterday......I slept on the couch next to her to make sure it didn't spike (she had a febrile seizure when she was two so I'm terrified of high temps) but she got up Monday morning with a normal temp! Whew! Glad cause today they have a field trip to Navy Pier to the Imax theater....fun!

Since it's been pretty warm here, I haven't crocheted anything. I did make an owl hipster purse on my embroidery machine on Sunday while Kiddles was sick.......here is a pic!

Take care all!

kuddles

So glad kiddles is feeling better! She has enough going on without getting sick. I love that owl purse! My sister would die, she LOVES owls. Everything owl and anchor I find on pinterest (doesn't matter what) I have to send it to her.

Yay its my anniversary as of now (midnight). Married for a year to the man I've known for almost the years. Still have the same crush on him I did then except I don't blush as much just trying to talk to him. Crocheted two and 1/4 rows last night. Ordering new yarn in the morning (apple, yellow, and blueberry all from the red heart gumdrop line).

Congrats!! You both sound like my DH and I! We'll have been married for a year this August and I've known him since I was 13. I'm 30 now. Had the same crush on him then as you did on your DH. I even showed mine where I signed my name in my diary way back when with his last name!  :lol Who would've ever thought that would be so prophetic??

we weathered the longest storm in the history of Nebraska, Im sure, lasted for hours on end, but no damage here, just heavy rains, and some flooding further away, creeks overflowing their banks, and a few being evaced out but closer to the river I think.. Way away from us.

here is what has had me occupied for a bit, the box is full of squares to write out, and make one, lol so I know the instructions are ok, and the ones in the zip locks, are all written, Like you ann, in Katie notes, lol all ready to type out soon though!! It's a long process,and I just keep adding to the pile,lol woe is me!!!!

Got my tire fixed today too, caught a nail, but now, that darn little light that tells me my tire is low,is off, hopefully forever, lol

Had a submarine sandwich from one of our fav. places,Milios, they make the best!! Then some cherry pie later on,will round out the eating today, lol

Oh, might post a give away, on the appropriate thread, look for it, just wanted to give you all the heads up first!! Ok, all for now, weather is quiet, and i am full, and gonna relax a bit soooo catch you all later.

attachicon.gif100_3870.jpgattachicon.gif100_3866.jpg

Katy, I'm glad you didn't get any damage from all these storms you've been having! We got a big one last night, but it was mainly thunder and lightning with nothing else coming from it. Just the kind of thunder that makes the whole house rattle along with your insides. It scares the daylights out of me- I always think it's a tornado even though I've never been through one and have nothing to base it on! Just plain scared, I guess! Lol

I was supposed to go visit Peanut today (since I'm about to be gone for a week and will suffer serious withdrawals!) but i wound up with a big change of plans! I got a text this morning from one of my very good friends (who happens to be my former supervisor) asking if I was still looking for a full time job. I got fired from my old job last July. Basically, my friend/supervisor was leaving and I put in for her position since I had been there for almost 2 and a half years, knew the people and knew the job. Instead of hiring me, my boss hired his daughter's friend who had no idea about anything in the office and then wanted me to train her. I was obviously upset and had emailed my friend/supervisor about it and the new girl got on my computer and read it and I was fired for sending personal emails on the work computer. ANYWAY! Lol! I told my friend I was absolutely still working, especially since things have started to calm down after my mom passed away. So I find out her sister's office is hiring for an administrative assistant, which is what I did before, so she tells me to send my resume to her sister. Next thing I know, I have an email from the boss asking if I would come in for an interview. I did that at 3 and by 4:45 this afternoon, I had an email asking if I wanted the job!! I am thrilled!!  :yay There are more holidays and sick days and vacation days than I got at my old job and lots of opportunities for advancement and increases! I start next Monday after we get back from our vacation!!  :cheer

So I'll be visiting Peanut tomorrow before I come home to do laundry so I have clean clothes to take with us Saturday. I'm going to take at least one and maybe two crochet projects with me (you can never have too many!) and one is a doily I'm working on for a small table I got from my mom's house. I want to put it in the upstairs hallway, but it's just one of those tables that is begging for a doily! 

Hope everyone is excited for Friday and the weekend!!  :ghug

Yarn Monkey, Congrats on the Job and enjoy your time away.

Kuddles I hope you get a chance for a nap.

Beautiful day today. I got to sleep in about an hour later then normal. I now have my front door open and windows open. After the news goes off I will go out on the porch and drink my coffee and read my bible devotion and then figure out which WIP I want to work on.  I wish everyday could be like this. I hate the hustle of getting up and rushing around to leave for work. I like my mornings calm and slow.  I need a rich man so i can be a stay at home mom. Well he dont have to be rich just working lol. Kids are all gone and not having a hubby at home anymore It is the first time in a long time I have been completely alone for any length of time. Kinda nice lol.

My parents have moved in next door to me. They are getting older and neither has the best health Where they used to live was 20 minutes away from me so they wanted to be closer in case something happend. I am the youngest kid but have been handed the matriarch responsibility. Not sure how I feel about that. Well I am off today so I will be back later. HAGD everyone and be Blessed

Yarn_monkey Congratulations on the new job!!!

Good morning!

For me need to pack up some clothes and couple project I might want to work on . I'm sure I will help clean bedrooms and closets for the grandsons. They love it when I help them. Sometimes there mess is just over whelming to them and I just love to help them. LOL

Honestly it doesn't bother me.

Today was my day off from little man but his dad needs to get a physical so he's dropping him off around 11. So will watch him for a tad , then work around the house and get daughter from school and hit the road.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and weekend. Will try to check in later if not I'm sure I will Sunday.

oh my such busy posts, lol, hello to all,and glad to see all the posting happening! Great on the newjob, the fish tank, vacations, and all else I can't re remember right now, but I did read them all!!

I mailed two puffies today, one to Queenie, and one to new member Reiann....Hi Holly, glad to see you posted, as well as Lacey!! Kuddles, what do you do in the summer time, are you off then , or do you still work??

New challenge coming up on the Crochet Crowd, sounds interesting, called the Stitch-cation challenge, it's a ghan,but won't know much more till July 1!! check it out, I always watch Mikey's videos!!

I was wondering too,l if anyone minds getting varigated squares, i might have some stashed away,no particular colors, just all colors of redheart squares!

I just wondered if anyone was planning on making a varigated squares blankee in the future!

had a lot to comment on, but forgot most of it already, lol, but Ill be back later, till then, every one have a good aft!!!!!!

OH and a question for Owlvamp, ann, and sandra, and Pineknott, and whomeever else might qualify for this question, I know you work on ghans for charity, 1. do you put them together, or do you have help doing that, and 2. I would absolutely love to see some pics of some of these creatiions, so if you are able, Post some pics, might insprie us all, who knows!!!!!

yarn_monkey, congrats on the new job and enjoy your trip..

kuddles, hope you made it through the day okay, that wasn't much sleep.

owlvamp, I hope you have a good time with the boys without added drama

dragn, I am sure it gives your parents great piece of mind to be so close to you.

pineknott, hope all is well in your corner of the world.

Well, katy it has been cloudy all day, so far no rain but can't rule it out. Did you have a pattern for the tissue box or did you just wing it?  I really liked the flower on it.  I made a few tissue boxes a long time ago, one had a teddy bear on it and I can't remember what the others had.  I kind of like doing plastic canvas things  but didn't like cutting them out-------like magnet shapes with intricate cuts.  

:hi to everyone else and  :hug to all

no, no pattern, lol, you know me, wing it as i go!!  cutting out was easy for these, as it was all big squares, and the top simply had a wide slit in it,lol The flower is one of my favs to make,some call it whirly flower, some call it frilly flower, I didn't make up the flower pattern,learned it a long long time ago, and has been modified in m any ways to make it my favorite!! I don;t remember where the pattern originated, but sure it is on the net somewhere by now, as it was an old pattern when i found it!

no, no pattern, lol, you know me, wing it as i go!!  cutting out was easy for these, as it was all big squares, and the top simply had a wide slit in it,lol The flower is one of my favs to make,some call it whirly flower, some call it frilly flower, I didn't make up the flower pattern,learned it a long long time ago, and has been modified in m any ways to make it my favorite!! I don;t remember where the pattern originated, but sure it is on the net somewhere by now, as it was an old pattern when i found it!

I thought it might be a katy original!

What a day!! When I pulled up in the drive way The oldest came crying and could barely breath. He got in trouble today at school because another boy started it but he out of school for the last three days. He didn't pass and mom even stopped work to make sure he did pass. But he didn't because it wasn't about him. Anyways the boyfriend and his mother was hollering at him. Make him help with dishes and then told him to pick up dog poop. Might I say not one dog is his. The mother has one , the boyfriend, and his mother have one and then the youngest has one. So I walked him to the back and helped him pick it all up and then the mother of the boyfriend came out and said is all picked up he said yes and then she said so snotty well I better not walk in crap. Then the boyfriend asked if I helped and I said yes. He said I shouldn't have and I said it was okay I was talking with him and calming him down. Then his mother said it's not okay I said agin very calmly that is was okay and I was talking with him. She got so mad and said I spoil him way to much and she had to go I side before saying anything she shouldn't. Then came back out and hollered at her son to take her to Walmart for her blood pressure medicine..... I don't care because I didn't do anything wrong. She not talking to me like that. And she talks so terrible to grandson. This whole time I'm screaming inside but kept it calm. I'm here for him and he knows it but he wants out bad. He's getting more angry and depressed all the time. He always looks so sad. It's breaking my heart more than I can tell.

Sorry for unloading. Talk to you later.

Your afghan is beautiful!

Hello Everyone!

Well schools out and I think I'm sick, I was hoping the stuffiness and sneezing was from all the dust stirred up while packing up my classroom. But I'm on day 2 of Advil Sinus Congestion meds and I feel worse today than yesterday so I think I have a cold. I'm planning to spend today on the sofa with my crocheting, meds, and lots of fluids, I need to get better so I can go see my grandkids.

Here are some charity afghans that I've made. The first 2 are lapghans for a local nursing home. The other 2 are for a NICU.

post-4459-0-87001300-1402140043_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-50155700-1402140275_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-62271700-1402140484_thumb.jpg

post-4459-0-03626000-1402140691_thumb.jpg

Hope everyone has a great day!

good morning early birds

have already been out and gave the plants their two wk feeding

the black eyed susies took over the side yard,hubby was thinning them out and found an amaryiliss (sp?) in the under growth

Just finished this. nvr ending granny square in red white and blue. I think i will donate it to the American Legion on Flag day

4E1F280C-orig.jpg

wow,now that is what I like to see dragnlady, looks awesome, and quite an undertaking, Im sure!! Nice job!

so kind of you as well to donate it..how did you keep it from going wonky, everytime I try one of these, it wonks out on me, looks like yours is just perfect!!

What a day!! When I pulled up in the drive way The oldest came crying and could barely breath. He got in trouble today at school because another boy started it but he out of school for the last three days. He didn't pass and mom even stopped work to make sure he did pass. But he didn't because it wasn't about him. Anyways the boyfriend and his mother was hollering at him. Make him help with dishes and then told him to pick up dog poop. Might I say not one dog is his. The mother has one , the boyfriend, and his mother have one and then the youngest has one. So I walked him to the back and helped him pick it all up and then the mother of the boyfriend came out and said is all picked up he said yes and then she said so snotty well I better not walk in crap. Then the boyfriend asked if I helped and I said yes. He said I shouldn't have and I said it was okay I was talking with him and calming him down. Then his mother said it's not okay I said agin very calmly that is was okay and I was talking with him. She got so mad and said I spoil him way to much and she had to go I side before saying anything she shouldn't. Then came back out and hollered at her son to take her to Walmart for her blood pressure medicine..... I don't care because I didn't do anything wrong. She not talking to me like that. And she talks so terrible to grandson. This whole time I'm screaming inside but kept it calm. I'm here for him and he knows it but he wants out bad. He's getting more angry and depressed all the time. He always looks so sad. It's breaking my heart more than I can tell.

Sorry for unloading. Talk to you later.

Your afghan is beautiful!

sandra, have you considered contacting authorities regarding child care, abuse, neglect, I think it can be annymous* but, it might be the time, sounds like you are all he has on his side, and he is counting on you to make things better, maybe it's time to get tough..Where is the father in all of this, would it do any good to inform him of the conditions the kids live in?  Good luck, and keep us informed.

Hello Everyone!

Well schools out and I think I'm sick, I was hoping the stuffiness and sneezing was from all the dust stirred up while packing up my classroom. But I'm on day 2 of Advil Sinus Congestion meds and I feel worse today than yesterday so I think I have a cold. I'm planning to spend today on the sofa with my crocheting, meds, and lots of fluids, I need to get better so I can go see my grandkids.

Here are some charity afghans that I've made. The first 2 are lapghans for a local nursing home. The other 2 are for a NICU.

attachicon.gifred and navy lapghan.jpg

attachicon.gifMaycharity CAL.jpg

attachicon.gifblue preemie afghan.JPG

attachicon.gifyellow green blue baby ripple.JPG

Hope everyone has a great day!

wow, another pane of eye candy to drool over, course my fav is the round ripple, they are always, lol and the other ones too, are outstanding, love the zig zag ripple too!!! Nice job and hope  you feel better soon.....These too, will make a wonderful and generous donation.......  

dragn, nice afghan, I like the red, white, and blue.

owlvamp, I sure feel sorry for your grandson.  I am glad you are there to try to balance things out.  They are setting themselves up for a major incident down the road when he is bigger, stronger, and those teen hormones kick in.   I always used to tell people I worked with that they need to stop and think  about how they were treating their kids because in a few years their roles would be reversed and their kids would be deciding which nursing home to put them in. 

cshort, pretty afghans, my favorite there is the round ripple.

pineknott, sounds like you have pretty flowers in your yard

HI ALL.

enjoying your weekend?? It was rainy this am here, and cloudy, looking like raining again, so good day to stay in,and go through some stuff here and in the craft room too, lol

If anyone was interested, the very day the idea of Biggest Square was born, is here, post 92, page 5, May 18, 2012.. wow, was reading some of the post from early on, and was surprised happily to find that tidbit.....

Also, some of the many names that used to join us here on the thread, And I checked quite a few of them, I had thought about emailing them a re-invitation, asking if they are ready for more squares you know, but a lot of them,haven't even been on the ville, for over a year, some two years...I do hope they just got busy, and I hope too, they know there are missed here on the thread, we have such a lovely group, and they too, were a major part of it at one time, and we miss them....

But, time marches on, progress good or bad, makes it presence known in many ways, and we cope  the best we can with what we have, right ladies!! Least i don't think there are any men members anymore...

Ok well, so for that being said, that trip down memory lane, Im off to slice the weiners for beans and weinies tonight,and Bavarian Dream Coffee cake for desert..(you can see where my PRIORITES lie,desert!! ).. Can't help feeing a bit meloncholy though, reading those first posts, it struck that part of my memory banks with a huge smack! and brought it all to mind once again!!       ha ha.take care,and Il l see you all later.

Katy I just followed the instructions from Crochet crowds Mikey. I kept all 3 of the skeins in a basket and would move them around when they started getting tangled and un wrap them.  It was actually pretty easy. I have an Ebook on nvr ending grannies from 2 colors up to 7.

dragn, nice afghan, I like the red, white, and blue.

owlvamp, I sure feel sorry for your grandson.  I am glad you are there to try to balance things out.  They are setting themselves up for a major incident down the road when he is bigger, stronger, and those teen hormones kick in.   I always used to tell people I worked with that they need to stop and think  about how they were treating their kids because in a few years their roles would be reversed and their kids would be deciding which nursing home to put them in. 

cshort, pretty afghans, my favorite there is the round ripple.

pineknott, sounds like you have pretty flowers in your yard

they are nice flowers,there were just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many of them,I'm not one to have the same thing all over the place in yard,looking out from the step,starting on the left scan to the right till you reach the right side of the house,yikes black eyed susies everywhere you looked,then the multitude of lady slippers,these attract a lot of bees and wasps and I don't put them in any path I'm using everyday,she was well meaning and loved her ladyslippers,I don't know what the heck she gave them,but instead of dainty stems these suckers had trunks!!!then there is ground cover she put all over,invasive as all get out,another thing to be whittled back,so that's why there is soooooo much time spent in the garden.When she used to travel,it would take Bill 2 and 1/2 hrs to water to keep her stuff alive,I've managed to get it down to about 45 mins.and it will get less than that once there isn't a multitude of sameness.I'm happy to have my dustymillers back,she didn't like those, there are somethings I'll wait to replace,she was heavy with overwatering,how does anyone kills Mother in law tongue,she managed,and cacti,didn't stand a chance,no matter how many times I'd tell they only get water when it rains

Bgs aren't you glad you mentioned the pretty flowers,lol

Hey ladies! It's been a LONG day!! My van caught fire & burned - then I took the oldest to a birthday party - he had a blast!! It rained cats & dogs on us on the way home (I hate driving in the rain). It finally quit around 5:30 and around 7 I went fishing. I hooked a huge bass & I had it maybe 3 feet away from the shore when it busted my fishing pole! I'm ready for bed!! 

I'm still about 3-4 TWELVE inch squares short on my afghan. I am making more progress on it though! I have all but 1 row of 6" squares & the last row of 12" squares already outlined in black & stitched together. Hoping to have it done soonish!! 

Night Night.

The welfare system was involved because she was turned it. They just closed the case on Wednesday saying everything looks just fine. This girl can manipluate anyone. She even has two guys that come out twice and week and talks to the oldest. The thing is she lies so much about him that they try to help him. How can you help him when the problem is her house. They make him so angry. I'm going to try to make a few phones again Monday. I've been to the courts and talked to many lawyers and unless I have lots of money to pull it threw the courts. Even then they still rather the children with there real mothers..... No one is willing to help me. I don't know what to do!

Good morning !

Headed home this morning with a huge headache. I will live just with a very heavy heart!

Sorry about your van and hope insurance pays for it. Glad you are safe .

Archived