Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Rainy Morning here and windy. I have to work this morning. was gonna walk but i guess not. Was changing last night and found a Tick on my back. had to have my mom get it off. Wondering if that wasnt why I was feeling bad yesterday. light headed and my throat would feel really tight off and on. when she pulled it off it swelled up like a misquito bite would.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Be blessed

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trying to make a doctor's appt (nothing major) and forgot it's Sunday. Third shift really messes up dates/days for me! Other than that all is well, excited receive all my new squares (THANK YOU!!!), went to the movies with the husband. We had a show on Friday that went really well. Turned in the rough draft of my college research paper. Joined university of phoenix's honor society (only 300 students in the country are asked!). Spent much needed time with my mama. Soon to bed, the work week begins again for me.

post-71930-0-40181500-1402243799_thumb.jpg

Second granny square (ever!) made. Jillipop will you please message me your address and I will send them right off! 

Hello!

Jessicali, that is so scary about your van, I hope today is a better day for you.

I'm feeling a little better today but still not good. I didn't think people would appreciate me sharing my cooties so I stayed home from church today. I'm resting, drinking lots of fluids and getting quite a bit of crocheting done. It just started raining and thundering here but probably won't last long.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Good news about the van is my hubby was able to get a new windshield from Pick n Pull today & he's working on it so he can take it to work tomorrow. It's still completely legal, but will smell like smoke for a bit. Unfortunately, insurance isn't helping because we just have liability so that stinks! On the hunt for me a new van now =/ The car with 3 kids in the back - 1 in a carseat & 2 in boosters still is TIGHT! I just hope they're comfy when we go on vacation in a month. 

He bought me a book at Walmart the other day - The Fault in our Stars - and I can NOT put it down!! I have to though!! I have to clean the kitchen from lunch & fold a load of clothes. 

I do have some puffies to go out soon so I'll be PM'ing for addresses!!

Hi all, gosh, so much bad happening to a couple of you, poor Jessica and her van, and the tick bite on dragn, and not to mention the ongoing mess with Owlvamps uncooperative daughter in law, and carol being sick, this is all not good news!!

Hope lmproves for you all soon, it's just temporary, remember that...Hugs for all that need them,and Kuddles, where are you going on your vacation?? Did i mess something??

Not much new happening here,but for this, I should be grateful, I guess...I like to coast, with no major ups or downs, stay on an even plane so to speak, ha ha...I strive for that!!

and when something goes wrong,well, its just a temp.setback,and I try to look ahead to better days......

when something good happens, I hold my breath, lol, as Im almost sure it won't last!!! Just kidding,it's how it goes though, most of the time,so even and balanced,and coasting at the moment!

Good morning! Katie, thought I had said, but must not have.....I was gifted a fabulous gift card for a hotel a few hours north that has a water park and horse back riding! We are going tomorrow for two nites! Now of course it is going to rain but who cares! We haven't gotten away except to visit my family in over two years! So I'll be out of pocket for a bit....

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good Morning,

Kuddles, enjoy your vacation.

Jessicali, glad the van will be drivable until you can get something else. Yes 3 kids' seats in a car is a bit crowded, I've done that.

I'm feeling a little better today but not good yet so I am going to continue being lazy on the sofa with my crocheting today. Thats about it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

ah, dragnlady, you are a true angel, one more angel needed, for an any color 12 inch square so Jessicali can finsih up her ghan, she only needs three, dragnlady and me so far, anyone else want to step in??

Hi Kuddles, yes, maybe you did, i somehow had that confused with t he chocolate trip,thanks for setting me straight!!

I have a puffy waiting to mail Jessicali I can make a 12 incher to put in there

Good Morning,

Kuddles, enjoy your vacation.

Jessicali, glad the van will be drivable until you can get something else. Yes 3 kids' seats in a car is a bit crowded, I've done that.

I'm feeling a little better today but not good yet so I am going to continue being lazy on the sofa with my crocheting today. Thats about it for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

Carrol, feel better, good thing though is you are crocheting!!

HI ALL.

enjoying your weekend?? It was rainy this am here, and cloudy, looking like raining again, so good day to stay in,and go through some stuff here and in the craft room too, lol

If anyone was interested, the very day the idea of Biggest Square was born, is here, post 92, page 5, May 18, 2012.. wow, was reading some of the post from early on, and was surprised happily to find that tidbit.....

Also, some of the many names that used to join us here on the thread, And I checked quite a few of them, I had thought about emailing them a re-invitation, asking if they are ready for more squares you know, but a lot of them,haven't even been on the ville, for over a year, some two years...I do hope they just got busy, and I hope too, they know there are missed here on the thread, we have such a lovely group, and they too, were a major part of it at one time, and we miss them....

But, time marches on, progress good or bad, makes it presence known in many ways, and we cope  the best we can with what we have, right ladies!! Least i don't think there are any men members anymore...

Ok well, so for that being said, that trip down memory lane, Im off to slice the weiners for beans and weinies tonight,and Bavarian Dream Coffee cake for desert..(you can see where my PRIORITES lie,desert!! ).. Can't help feeing a bit meloncholy though, reading those first posts, it struck that part of my memory banks with a huge smack! and brought it all to mind once again!!       ha ha.take care,and Il l see you all later.

I often wonder where everyone went as it seems so many have gone missing from not only here but from the 'ville in general.  

they are nice flowers,there were just waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too many of them,I'm not one to have the same thing all over the place in yard,looking out from the step,starting on the left scan to the right till you reach the right side of the house,yikes black eyed susies everywhere you looked,then the multitude of lady slippers,these attract a lot of bees and wasps and I don't put them in any path I'm using everyday,she was well meaning and loved her ladyslippers,I don't know what the heck she gave them,but instead of dainty stems these suckers had trunks!!!then there is ground cover she put all over,invasive as all get out,another thing to be whittled back,so that's why there is soooooo much time spent in the garden.When she used to travel,it would take Bill 2 and 1/2 hrs to water to keep her stuff alive,I've managed to get it down to about 45 mins.and it will get less than that once there isn't a multitude of sameness.I'm happy to have my dustymillers back,she didn't like those, there are somethings I'll wait to replace,she was heavy with overwatering,how does anyone kills Mother in law tongue,she managed,and cacti,didn't stand a chance,no matter how many times I'd tell they only get water when it rains

Bgs aren't you glad you mentioned the pretty flowers,lol

Sounds so pretty----all those flowers.

Hey ladies! It's been a LONG day!! My van caught fire & burned - then I took the oldest to a birthday party - he had a blast!! It rained cats & dogs on us on the way home (I hate driving in the rain). It finally quit around 5:30 and around 7 I went fishing. I hooked a huge bass & I had it maybe 3 feet away from the shore when it busted my fishing pole! I'm ready for bed!! 

I'm still about 3-4 TWELVE inch squares short on my afghan. I am making more progress on it though! I have all but 1 row of 6" squares & the last row of 12" squares already outlined in black & stitched together. Hoping to have it done soonish!! 

Night Night.

Oh no, sorry about the van but glad you are okay.

The welfare system was involved because she was turned it. They just closed the case on Wednesday saying everything looks just fine. This girl can manipluate anyone. She even has two guys that come out twice and week and talks to the oldest. The thing is she lies so much about him that they try to help him. How can you help him when the problem is her house. They make him so angry. I'm going to try to make a few phones again Monday. I've been to the courts and talked to many lawyers and unless I have lots of money to pull it threw the courts. Even then they still rather the children with there real mothers..... No one is willing to help me. I don't know what to do!

That's just so sad that they can't seem to really help now.

Rainy Morning here and windy. I have to work this morning. was gonna walk but i guess not. Was changing last night and found a Tick on my back. had to have my mom get it off. Wondering if that wasnt why I was feeling bad yesterday. light headed and my throat would feel really tight off and on. when she pulled it off it swelled up like a misquito bite would.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Be blessed

I hate tick season.  I found one my pillow yesterday.  We try to be careful.  I always get a big red bump from a tick bite.  

Still waiting on news about my dad.  They told him he has cancer cells in his bones  a month ago and are looking for the primary site.  They have been doing bunches of tests and still haven't found it.  More tests are scheduled this week.  

We finally bought a washing machine and its to be delivered in 2 weeks.  I have been going to the laudromat for exactly a year now.  I am so looking forward to once again washing at home.  I thought i was just going to look at them to see if I could even find what I wanted and surprisingly I did and it was on sale.  

Good Morning Everyone!

Kuddles, have fun on your trip.

I can make a 12" square for jessicali, I'll go grab a skein from the stash as soon as I'm done typing, should be in the mail by the end of the week.

I was hoping I would feel better today but I don't. The yuckiness just changes, first it was my head, then my chest, now it's back in my head, uuugghh. I need to get over this since DD and family will be coming down on Sunday and the grandkids are going to stay with me for a few days. Thats about it for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Good morning. I have a second interveiw today from the Job i was telling you about before. Love how God works. Yesterday I told him I couldnt do this. that there was no reason that i should have to Pray for him to hold my tongue and help me just get through the time with my client. And how i have to talk myself every morning into going into work. Then that evening i got a phone call asking me to come in today for another interview wiith the other Manager.

Hi all sorry I haven't posted lately. Just been real down with a heavy heart.

So done mention about getting the boys for the summer. She fights me every step of the way so I don't see it happening ...she thinks she is a grand mother just because the welfare system hasn't taken her children away. I'm really not in the grandest mood. So will try to check in later. I'm sorry just need to tie my hands up with something......

Hope you all are well and I will be thinking of you all.

Hello, All.

Just a quick pop to to let you know I'm here.  I feel like I'm being an awful queen!!  Work has been frustrating.  Every single time I get ahead, I'm told, "Wait...don't forget you have to do (fill in the blank)".  And it's not like a small amount of work!  I'm talking HOURS of stuff that needs to get done within a day or two!!  BUT my last day of school is Friday (oh wait...just found out I'll have to come back at the end of July to do more paperwork on a senior who didn't graduate, but is going through summer school, so  I'll have to hold a meeting and do the senior exit paperwork).  On Saturday, my husband and I are working a side job giving the SAT.  We get out around one, so we'll pick up the daughter, and then we're heading to the beach for a week!!  YAY!!!  I am *so* ready to spend some time by the ocean!!  Back to work.  I want to leave by 5 today...UGH!!

Good Morning Everyone!

Kuddles, have fun on your trip.

I can make a 12" square for jessicali, I'll go grab a skein from the stash as soon as I'm done typing, should be in the mail by the end of the week.

I was hoping I would feel better today but I don't. The yuckiness just changes, first it was my head, then my chest, now it's back in my head, uuugghh. I need to get over this since DD and family will be coming down on Sunday and the grandkids are going to stay with me for a few days. Thats about it for me.

Have a great day everyone.

Oh wonderful carol that you will make jessica a 12 inch, that makes three, I did mine and will post it out tomorrow, and dragnlady is doing the other, so jessica, you shall soon have the three missing 12 inches pieces to your ghan puzzle!!!!! Thanks Carol, and dragnlady!!

Good morning. I have a second interveiw today from the Job i was telling you about before. Love how God works. Yesterday I told him I couldnt do this. that there was no reason that i should have to Pray for him to hold my tongue and help me just get through the time with my client. And how i have to talk myself every morning into going into work. Then that evening i got a phone call asking me to come in today for another interview wiith the other Manager.

Great for you, good luck...

and kuddles, see you soon!! HAVE FUN!

SO sorry owlvamp, hang in there lady, this too, shall pass.....

Well, as mentioned, Jessica, my 12 inch square will post out tomorrow, you shall have you three very soon, depending on mail delivery, ha ha..

Pulled what they say is a ham string, don't know how, i don't jog, or anything, lol, but there you have it, pains me now and then, and hampers me from lifting or moving stuff all the time, hey, maybe that is how it happened, (hits self in head!!) oh good, now that is solved..

The only other thing i did, was, uh..carry yarn in the house.....lol not a valid excuse for a pulled ham string!! he he he, or is it??

Picked up a new purse today, it's wonderfully roomy, black and white, leather handles, and the body is made from sort of feels like rain repellant material, but very pliable and softee!! I love it!! Time to go through my bin of purses, and purge one then, in with the new, out with the old, lol that way, you always have the same amount of stuff in your house,  ha ha ha.....seriously, that again, would involve lifting and twisting, not good with this pain in my BUTT muscle pull!!

Ok, so there you have the news as it stands, i just heard of another shooting at a high school in Oregon, but they don't know much about it yet, hope everyone is ok, and no one got hurt.......

If I stay on that subject, Im liable to rant on and on about things like this happening, so enough said, Ill keep listening for more news of it....

Hot here, but sunny for a change, so that is refreshing....Cloudy dreary days do have some good things bout them, but I d prefer sunshine and a silght breeze, lol oh, and a virgin long island ice tea!!!!!!!! Oh be a dear, and put a yellow umbrella in that will you please!!!!!!!!!!

Thank u cshort for my squares!! I got them this morning. Nothing terribly new to report, just work work work. Saw my mama yesterday it was short but sweet. She has an mri Thursday to hopefully find out what's wrong w her neck. Her hands have improved greatly but now she has numbness elsewhere. Is it weird to get a little homesick even at 25 with a house of ur own? 

I am tired of the rain!! The kids have cabin fever I'm afraid!! It's been raining since about 12 noon yesterday (Monday) morning and it's STILL raining now! They are WILD!! 

Off to the post office!! Mailing a swap package & some puffies including squares!! 

Hi all sorry I haven't posted lately. Just been real down with a heavy heart.

So done mention about getting the boys for the summer. She fights me every step of the way so I don't see it happening ...she thinks she is a grand mother just because the welfare system hasn't taken her children away. I'm really not in the grandest mood. So will try to check in later. I'm sorry just need to tie my hands up with something......

Hope you all are well and I will be thinking of you all.

You my Dearest Owlvamp are in my prayers. So are the grand babies and the mommy that she can see what she is doing to her children.

Hello, All.

Just a quick pop to to let you know I'm here.  I feel like I'm being an awful queen!!  Work has been frustrating.  Every single time I get ahead, I'm told, "Wait...don't forget you have to do (fill in the blank)".  And it's not like a small amount of work!  I'm talking HOURS of stuff that needs to get done within a day or two!!  BUT my last day of school is Friday (oh wait...just found out I'll have to come back at the end of July to do more paperwork on a senior who didn't graduate, but is going through summer school, so  I'll have to hold a meeting and do the senior exit paperwork).  On Saturday, my husband and I are working a side job giving the SAT.  We get out around one, so we'll pick up the daughter, and then we're heading to the beach for a week!!  YAY!!!  I am *so* ready to spend some time by the ocean!!  Back to work.  I want to leave by 5 today...UGH!!

Jillie it sounds like you need a vacation. Have a blast hun and we all understand work and life interrupting your crochet life.

Wellllllll,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  I got the job. I will work 5a-1p have sundays off for church. and no more go to work come home go to work come home go to work.  I can rest. I start tomorrow. already decided today I would not go back to that clients house. 

cshort, hope you get to feeling better soon

dragn, congrats on the job, 

owlvamp  :hug  :hug

reiann, I don't think it's weird to get homesick at 25.  It just means you miss loved ones and the place that you were around so many years of your life.

jessicali, its going to get hot and sticky when the sun finally comes back out.  

poor katy, so sorry about your injury.  A few years ago I had just mopped the floor and started to walk across it.  My legs went in opposite directions and I did the splits and well I can't do the splits.  That hurt like the dickens.  It was hard to sit, hard to get on the mower and hard to use the gas pedal on the mower or the car.  It took a looong time before it quit hurting.  I hope you get better soon.  

thanks all, it will given time, I guess... Its more bothersome, as I can't seem to get comfortable in bed, or sitting, or walking, standing, lying down, or even standing on my head, not that I do that often lol, thank goodness huh...

Archived