Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Congrats jillipop ill send u some sqaures (you'll actually get the first one I've done!) Just pm me ur address please.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My poor husband is gettin a cold just when the weather is nice! Must be drummer germs from all the shows lol. I need a " I'd rather be crocheting' bumper sticker"...

Good morning!

Had one heck of day yesterday! I don't like neighbors and there gossip selves. I'm a person that stays home and minds her buisness and taught that to my children as well. So when you have a foul beehive for a visitor that visits their family keep your mouth shut. So anyways yesterday was grand.NOT!

Took Tank to get his nails trimmed he still wouldn't let us do him. He will then he won't. He weighs 67.2 lbs

Congratulations to the new queen!

Hello everyone!

It has been a very wet day here, rain started last night and has been pretty consistent all day. It stopped about an hour ago. 

I have a sewing guild meeting tonight and we are having a potluck dinner, I thought it might be canceled because of the weather but I haven received any phone calls. So I will be throwing an easy Ziti recipe together and into the oven very soon.

We have 3 days of school left and then a planning day  :yay . Can ya tell I'm ready for summer.

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. We had a farewell dinner for our youth pastor and his family who also happen to be close friends. I also let some of the other youth workers know that after this Wednesday I will no longer be involved with youth ministry. I feel a little guilty but also relieved at the same time.

Ok, enough rambling. Have a great evening!

Hi everyone. Forgot to post last week that I took some random crochet items that I had made down to Kimmswick, and one of the stores down there bought some of my stuff !!! :woo I made $60 and there wasnt anything really Big in there. Yay ! Now I just gotta get a few blankets made up to take in. I have one done all except 1 1/2 rows of edging. Ill post a pic when it gets done. hopefully tonight. :)

Congrats to Jilliepop ! :cheer :cheer :woo:cheer :cheer

Hi all!  Congrats to our newest queen.  Julie, I promise to get some more squares out, not sure of the count yet, but at least two.

We have had 2 days of gorgeous weather.  I'm hoping it stays this way for a bit. It's going to be a busy week for us, lot's of drs appts/travelling.  Tomorrow is also our 14th wedding anniversary.  Hopefully well be able to take a few minutes to stop for a coffee and pastry, maybe as a celebration.  We go all out, don't we, lol. 

Hugs all around, take care and well. :hug

yes, happy anniversary Ann!!!

Hello everyone!

It has been a very wet day here, rain started last night and has been pretty consistent all day. It stopped about an hour ago. 

I have a sewing guild meeting tonight and we are having a potluck dinner, I thought it might be canceled because of the weather but I haven received any phone calls. So I will be throwing an easy Ziti recipe together and into the oven very soon.

We have 3 days of school left and then a planning day  :yay . Can ya tell I'm ready for summer.

Yesterday was a bittersweet day. We had a farewell dinner for our youth pastor and his family who also happen to be close friends. I also let some of the other youth workers know that after this Wednesday I will no longer be involved with youth ministry. I feel a little guilty but also relieved at the same time.

Good for you carol, you need a break!! Yay, schools out soon for all the kiddies, and teachers!!

Hi everyone. Forgot to post last week that I took some random crochet items that I had made down to Kimmswick, and one of the stores down there bought some of my stuff !!! :woo I made $60 and there wasnt anything really Big in there. Yay ! Now I just gotta get a few blankets made up to take in. I have one done all except 1 1/2 rows of edging. Ill post a pic when it gets done. hopefully tonight. :)

Congrats to Jilliepop ! :cheer :cheer :woo:cheer :cheer

Oh that is excellent, I wish I had an outllet, I can't find anywhere that buys stuff, so I end up donating it, oh well, so long as it goes to a good forever home!

Hi all!  Congrats to our newest queen.  Julie, I promise to get some more squares out, not sure of the count yet, but at least two.

We have had 2 days of gorgeous weather.  I'm hoping it stays this way for a bit. It's going to be a busy week for us, lot's of drs appts/travelling.  Tomorrow is also our 14th wedding anniversary.  Hopefully well be able to take a few minutes to stop for a coffee and pastry, maybe as a celebration.  We go all out, don't we, lol. 

Good luck at the docs annie!!

storms coming for here tomorrow, torcon 7.....not good....

(tor=tornado, con=conditions are favorable, scale of 1 to10)

Does anyone else have bad weather coming??

Well, Im outta manillas, so have to get that and tape tomorrow, ha ha, before I can send out the queens puffy, but it;'s coming Julie, one of these days!!!!

this is totally not crochet,but thought I would share what struck me as very funny today

hubby said I've been turning the plants a quarter turn as needed,and I said Oh,I've been doing the same

now are we cancelling each others good turn or what ?? but we both had to laugh that we have been doing the same thing with one particular plant,a butter crème color petunia,hey the thing is blooming like crazy so must like what we are doing,lol

Yay I will have more squares soon! Thank you to everyone for being so generous with your time, energy, and yarn! Back to work for my husband and I. My mom is doing better but still has a lot more testing before they can figure out what's up. My golden retriever Odin Ryellie went to the vet and is a bit overweight. 107lbs! His head (when he's sitting) comes up to my hip and I'm 5'5 1/2". We are always told he's huge lol. Crocheted 1 and 3/4 of a row this morning w the little time I had to relax, can't wait to get back to it.

ohhhh thanks for the reminder carol!! I almost forgot!!! How can that be, lol

Are you all ready to put your hooks to work for our new queen!!!

It is JILLIPOP, of course, congratz julie , and hope your reign over the square kingdom is very happy, and brings you many pretty squares!! She is an easy one too, any size, any color, yyyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaayyyyy I love those!! I think 6 inch squares are my favorite to make, followed by 8 inch, absolutely don't favor 12 inch,but I do them when I have to, lol, and as for the little ones, 3';s and 4's,they go fast, and are fun to do!!! So everyone, lets get to work, and make sure Julie gets some pretties in puffy;s this month!!!!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gifcrown.jpg

Congrats Jillipop!! I'll be sending 2!  :hug

Totally uncrochet related but Reiann made me think of it. I saw a bumper sticker the other day and it said. I am sorry for driving so close to the front of your car. HAHA  I want one

LOL I love that!! Definitely need that bumper sticker!  :lol

Hi everyone. Forgot to post last week that I took some random crochet items that I had made down to Kimmswick, and one of the stores down there bought some of my stuff !!! I made $60 and there wasnt anything really Big in there. Yay ! Now I just gotta get a few blankets made up to take in. I have one done all except 1 1/2 rows of edging. Ill post a pic when it gets done. hopefully tonight. 

Congrats to Jilliepop ! 

That's fantastic! Nice work!  :hug

Hugs all around, take care and well. 

Happy anniversary!!!  :manyheart  DH and I have our very first wedding anniversary in August and since that anniversary is supposed to be paper, we've decided to go to Baltimore for a long weekend and see the Redskins - Ravens preseason football game. Tickets count as paper right?? Lol! DH is a huge Redskins fan and I really just like Baltimore (the city, not the team lol) so I'm excited for the food and the aquarium and the inner harbor. 

Realized when I checked in tonight that it's been a few days since i've been in! Not sure exactly when the last time was, but I can say with confidence that not a whole lot has happened! Lol We went to a cookout at our friends' parents' house on Saturday and then we took the Mom some rugs from my mom's house. They were going to go to Goodwill anyway and she said she could use them so off they went! Plus that's 3 HUGE rugs out of my house that I didn't need! 

I also finished the pendant with my penny from Heaven but I haven't gotten it put on its chain yet or taken any good pictures so hopefully I'll get that up this week. 

DH and I head to Williamsburg on Saturday to spend a week. His mom owns a timeshare there (has for years) and since she moved to Florida, she never uses it so we go every year. This is the first year I haven't been working so we can actually go for the whole time. I have no idea what we'll get into but we'll figure something out. When we've been before, they wanted you to pay an outrageous price for WiFi for the week and we refuse. Cell phone signal is iffy at the resort too so I may or may not be checking in much next week. I read on tripadvisor.com that they have real, free WiFi now, so hopefully that's the case! I need to be able to check in!!  :yes

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good Monday! For a Monday, anyway!  :)

Hello everyone!

Don't feel guilty.  I am sure it was a hard decision to make but sometimes you just have to take a break or make changes.  .

Happy Anniversary!

storms coming for here tomorrow, torcon 7.....not good....

(tor=tornado, con=conditions are favorable, scale of 1 to10)

Does anyone else have bad weather coming??

Well, Im outta manillas, so have to get that and tape tomorrow, ha ha, before I can send out the queens puffy, but it;'s coming Julie, one of these days!!!!

If your bad weather slides just a little bit to the south we will will have storms.  Right now we are just on the edge.  I haven't heard them use the torcon scale here.

this is totally not crochet,but thought I would share what struck me as very funny today

hubby said I've been turning the plants a quarter turn as needed,and I said Oh,I've been doing the same

now are we cancelling each others good turn or what ?? but we both had to laugh that we have been doing the same thing with one particular plant,a butter crème color petunia,hey the thing is blooming like crazy so must like what we are doing,lol

Sounds like you will both need to keep up the good turn for your plant. :lol  :lol

Hi everybody! I am here again.  Today I have been catching up on posts. 

Last week, I received two puffies.  They are from pineknott and grannyannie.  Thanks for the lovely squares ladies.

I notice that we are supposed to post every week now.  I will try to do better because I have not been posting every week. 

It has been cloudy here the last few days and also quite windy.  I think that is the forecast for today. How is everybody?

Good morning! What in the world?????/ I didn't get on here for a couple days? I'm slipping! Sorry bout that!

We had a busy weekend of errands and such but then Kiddles decided on Sunday to have a temp that went up to 103! Just knew I'd be staying home with her yesterday......I slept on the couch next to her to make sure it didn't spike (she had a febrile seizure when she was two so I'm terrified of high temps) but she got up Monday morning with a normal temp! Whew! Glad cause today they have a field trip to Navy Pier to the Imax theater....fun!

Since it's been pretty warm here, I haven't crocheted anything. I did make an owl hipster purse on my embroidery machine on Sunday while Kiddles was sick.......here is a pic!

Take care all!

kuddles

post-17419-0-95429500-1401792888_thumb.jpg

Happy Anniversary!

Congrats Jillipop!! I'll be sending 2!  :hug

LOL I love that!! Definitely need that bumper sticker!  :lol

That's fantastic! Nice work!  :hug

Happy anniversary!!!  :manyheart  DH and I have our very first wedding anniversary in August and since that anniversary is supposed to be paper, we've decided to go to Baltimore for a long weekend and see the Redskins - Ravens preseason football game. Tickets count as paper right?? Lol! DH is a huge Redskins fan and I really just like Baltimore (the city, not the team lol) so I'm excited for the food and the aquarium and the inner harbor. 

Realized when I checked in tonight that it's been a few days since i've been in! Not sure exactly when the last time was, but I can say with confidence that not a whole lot has happened! Lol We went to a cookout at our friends' parents' house on Saturday and then we took the Mom some rugs from my mom's house. They were going to go to Goodwill anyway and she said she could use them so off they went! Plus that's 3 HUGE rugs out of my house that I didn't need! 

I also finished the pendant with my penny from Heaven but I haven't gotten it put on its chain yet or taken any good pictures so hopefully I'll get that up this week. 

DH and I head to Williamsburg on Saturday to spend a week. His mom owns a timeshare there (has for years) and since she moved to Florida, she never uses it so we go every year. This is the first year I haven't been working so we can actually go for the whole time. I have no idea what we'll get into but we'll figure something out. When we've been before, they wanted you to pay an outrageous price for WiFi for the week and we refuse. Cell phone signal is iffy at the resort too so I may or may not be checking in much next week. I read on tripadvisor.com that they have real, free WiFi now, so hopefully that's the case! I need to be able to check in!!  :yes

Hope everyone had a great weekend and a good Monday! For a Monday, anyway!  :)

Enjoy your vacation.

Good morning! What in the world?????/ I didn't get on here for a couple days? I'm slipping! Sorry bout that!

We had a busy weekend of errands and such but then Kiddles decided on Sunday to have a temp that went up to 103! Just knew I'd be staying home with her yesterday......I slept on the couch next to her to make sure it didn't spike (she had a febrile seizure when she was two so I'm terrified of high temps) but she got up Monday morning with a normal temp! Whew! Glad cause today they have a field trip to Navy Pier to the Imax theater....fun!

Since it's been pretty warm here, I haven't crocheted anything. I did make an owl hipster purse on my embroidery machine on Sunday while Kiddles was sick.......here is a pic!

Take care all!

kuddles

Glad Kiddles is ok. Your owl purse is adorable!

Love love the owl purse. My daughter just loves owls. How long did it take you to make one.? Do you have a pattern for it? It's beautiful ..

Good morning all!

Hi all, just checking in.. Y ay, lots of nice pics, good job on the purse kuddles, and granny, she makes some pretty uns, when it comes to squares. lol Love that blue, it is sooo vibrant!!

Welcome back to all that haven't been on for a while, you were missed!!

Those of you going away on a trip or vacation, hurry back!! And most importantly, have fun!!

oh shoot, forgot to bring in my camera, got that pic of the granny key chain that i love, lol well, ill do that a bit later, I promise, it's coming, lol

Still working on my BOX of patterns to write out, first step before printing, and posting, he he he..I hate this partl....wish I could just show ya all in person, he he he..

Bad storms pushing though to our north west , we're hoping they stay there, and not drop down south for a visit, but the tor con is still at 7, and 5 in Iowa, which is just across the river from us...(Missouri river) soooo we're in for a bumpy ride at the very least, hope all of you stay safe, and well,ill post again a bit later,gotta pay a few bills online, he he....OH, getting my tire fixed tomorrow too, it has a slow leak i guess, cause when the light comes on, we put air in it,and then are good for a week, and then the light comes on again,,,,,never looks flat though, but the tire shop will figure it all out, but that is tomorrow,thank goodnes, as I don'twanna get caught in the storms today!!

http://www.jrn.com/kmtv/news/Storms-Pounding-Areas-West-of-Metro-Headed-Our-Way-261714741.html

weather alerts

Take care all!

kuddles

That is so cute!

Archived