Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning ladies!

Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. My back hurt some and so did my knee. Today going to go get the boys. I'm so excited and need to figure what will do this weekend. I will plan on the back home while talking to the boys.

Got everybody where they needed to be this morning .. Going to go jump in the shower. Will check back in with you all later.

Good morning! Bet that shower felt good!

Was a very hectic day yesterday. Up until noon it was a great day.  About 11 I went to WEDNYS to get lunch for me and my client. But then I started getting very lightheaded and dizzy. I wanted so bad to just go lay down. I left work an hour early cause my belly started turning. I knew if I got Sick at work Laura would be worried about me till Saturday when I went over there again. I got home and took my lap top and crochet to the couch with a blanket. Ended up in the bathroom getting sick. Then back to the couch. A little while later I got to looking for my glasses so I could crochet. Couldn't find them anywhere. About turned the entire couch upside down. Had all the cushions off. Then I realized my crochet hook was gone. So the hunt for it began. In the middle of all this my daughters dad  called. I gave SheaLynn the phone and started looking again. Then I stopped and was thinking where could it be and rested my hand on my chest... I felt something that normally wasn't there. I looked and there was my hook. It suddenly dawned on me. I had it sitting on my keyboard and Someone messaged me on Facebook. So I had to move it. So for safe keeping I put it under my bra strap and it must have slid down cause when I found it In my bra. Then Heidi said something about being sick and I remembered I took my glasses off in the bathroom when I got sick. Later Heidi went to the house of the lady We are trying to help that just left an abusive relationship. I get a phone call from her saying she got stuck in the snow and ice. So me and Shane head over there And Pastor meets us there and the three of us push her out of the snow. I am manage to fall in the snow bank we pushed her out of.  Lord let today be a better day. 

Oh my yes, let it be a better day! Hugs!

kuddles

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you GrannieAnnie for my puffy..I LOVE the squares and LOVE the dishclohs..It made a dreary,rainy day brighter...

attachicon.gif2014-02-06 16.46.20.jpg

Lovely presents!

Love your little girl, Cindy. :) Little Viking's the same age, and everything is beautiful right now - he makes things beautiful with stickers and crayons and paints. He opened a box of my projects and it had "beautiful yawn!" And he likes to play with his own "sho-hay hook". :D

Aww...too cute! I love littles!

Good morning all!

Another frigid day....

Same here! Sunday is going to be even worse.

Was a very hectic day yesterday. Up until noon it was a great day.  About 11 I went to WEDNYS to get lunch for me and my client. But then I started getting very lightheaded and dizzy. I wanted so bad to just go lay down. I left work an hour early cause my belly started turning. I knew if I got Sick at work Laura would be worried about me till Saturday when I went over there again. I got home and took my lap top and crochet to the couch with a blanket. Ended up in the bathroom getting sick. Then back to the couch. A little while later I got to looking for my glasses so I could crochet. Couldn't find them anywhere. About turned the entire couch upside down. Had all the cushions off. Then I realized my crochet hook was gone. So the hunt for it began. In the middle of all this my daughters dad  called. I gave SheaLynn the phone and started looking again. Then I stopped and was thinking where could it be and rested my hand on my chest... I felt something that normally wasn't there. I looked and there was my hook. It suddenly dawned on me. I had it sitting on my keyboard and Someone messaged me on Facebook. So I had to move it. So for safe keeping I put it under my bra strap and it must have slid down cause when I found it In my bra. Then Heidi said something about being sick and I remembered I took my glasses off in the bathroom when I got sick. Later Heidi went to the house of the lady We are trying to help that just left an abusive relationship. I get a phone call from her saying she got stuck in the snow and ice. So me and Shane head over there And Pastor meets us there and the three of us push her out of the snow. I am manage to fall in the snow bank we pushed her out of.  Lord let today be a better day. 

Aww...hope you feel better today.

I got my first purchase for the baby...a car seat! It was an absolute steal of a price. Usually, it retails for $169, and it can be found as cheap as $109, but I got it for $79 including shipping! And its the deluxe model, not the base model! It was an absolute headache ordering from them (my credit card kept being denied by their system but accepted by my credit card company) so they ended up having to bypass the the computer ordering system. Oh, it is a nice seat, totally worth the headache in every way. I felt bad using my credit card, but the deal was too good to pass up. Well, that was the biggest purchase for the baby. Now I just need small things like swaddlers, bottles, pacifiers, and clothes. I also need a couple of big things for the girls before the baby comes: a mattress and bunkie board for the top bunk of the bunkbed and narrower car seats for the girls so we can fit 3 across in my little car.

Lovely presents!

Aww...too cute! I love littles!

Same here! Sunday is going to be even worse.

Aww...hope you feel better today.

I got my first purchase for the baby...a car seat! It was an absolute steal of a price. Usually, it retails for $169, and it can be found as cheap as $109, but I got it for $79 including shipping! And its the deluxe model, not the base model! It was an absolute headache ordering from them (my credit card kept being denied by their system but accepted by my credit card company) so they ended up having to bypass the the computer ordering system. Oh, it is a nice seat, totally worth the headache in every way. I felt bad using my credit card, but the deal was too good to pass up. Well, that was the biggest purchase for the baby. Now I just need small things like swaddlers, bottles, pacifiers, and clothes. I also need a couple of big things for the girls before the baby comes: a mattress and bunkie board for the top bunk of the bunkbed and narrower car seats for the girls so we can fit 3 across in my little car.

Cindy

that really was a great deal,I haven't bought any baby gifts in a long while,just looking at the price of pampers and such going down the health aisle at the commissary is enough to make you cringe,disposables hadn't been around that long when Rene' was born.

Beautiful squares, lil_mama!  You sure are lucky!!  Nice work, GrannieAnnie!!

Dragnlady:  That was quite an adventure!!  :hug

Beautiful afghan, Hershey!!  I really want to attempt a quilt-ghan someday...so pretty!!

Love the "sho-shay" hook, Viking!!  I miss those days!!

Feel better, owlvamp!!  :hug

Rusty's mom:  Can't wait to see the finished ghan!!

Hi to everyone else I've missed!!  Today was an early release from school...Whoot!!  But I'm still at work.  What?!?  Just finished my meeting and thought I'd pop in here before heading off to start the weekend.  :D

First stop, picking up a new (to us) truck.  Hubby needs it for his side business of handyman work.  Then, I'm getting a 7-11 slurpee.  You just can't imagine how excited I am!!  They have 7-11s all over the place in Michigan, which is where I'm from.  In North Carolina, the closest 7-11 is 45 minutes away, but is just happens to be on the way to pick up the truck.  I just LOVE Coca Cola slupees...ICEES have nothing on a Slurpee (no, they are NOT the same thing!!)  Then it's home to relax and crochet.  Tomorrow, my daughter and I have a hair appointment (is it me, or is everyone getting their hair cut around here?) and I'm cleaning the house.  My LEAST favorite thing to do!!  The rest of the weekend, I'm relaxing with my yarn, hook and tea. Oh, and I'm feeling TONS better!!  I'm so thankful that I'm *finally* feeling normal.  It's about time!!!  Take care and stay warm, Squares!!  I know you guys are sick of the weather, but NC hasn't really gotten anything significant, so I'll be thinking/praying for snow!! 

Hubs just found a job posting for the same company for a different job. Doesn't pay as much (but still very good), he'd have off-site training for a few months (read this to mean "too far to commute", with a newborn in the house), and he would still have to get past another exam (completely different one) and interview. But, its still way better than what we've got going on right now. He applied.

Do I dare have a glimmer of hope? I can't take this. This is torture.

Edited to add: He bought me a Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffle bar to make me feel better. It has barley (malt) in it. I can't eat it. Now, instead of feeling better, I feel worse. I HATE GLUTEN!

Good morning all!

Another frigid day here so just going to try to stay warm! Kiddles has school but....wait for it.....I'm off work (president's day off today and not later in the month) so I plan to have a jolly good time on my own! Walk at the mall, errands done today instead of tomorrow, get the house in order.....that way tomorrow can be 'easier'.

Big hugs to all!

kuddles

Warmer weather headed your way.  We made it up to 16 today and 30's tomorrow will feel absolutely balmy.    I am too sore to crochet, 6 hours of shoveling on Wed and 2 more on Thurs. 

oh my goodness, lost jobs, lost glasses, lost sho shay hooks, chewed yarn, snow shoveling, slurpees, and so much more to catch up on!!!!!

Glad everyone that is feeling better, is feeling better, i call this winter, the winter of the virus!! one right after another, makes it seem it goes on forever around here......sheesh, but big picture, doing fine, I guess, if you count the snow, the melting, the re icing, and the snow again, the weather is not cooperating however, lol

has anyone been watching the olympics.. I watched a bit of the slope ski jumping, and of course the ice skating, that is my fav. but more of that on Saturday, so will watch that probably. That's about all i watch, the bob sledding and stuff, too nerve wracking for me, and the other stuff, like hockey, ummm,not interested, lol

Both of my testers came back with good results, thanks again ladies, for all your help!!! Don't know if i should post it, or try to submit it somewhere, Im thinking about it. lol

Did make a run to wallyworld today, picked up a few things, and got some pink yarn, I discovered, I had no pink in my stash!! I can't imagine, why not, I did have a bright pink, and raspberry, but no real pink, like baby pink, and petal pi nk, so got those today too, thank goodness, lol

Hi to everyone and have a great weekend coming up! take care, till tomorrow squares!!

Hubs just found a job posting for the same company for a different job. Doesn't pay as much (but still very good), he'd have off-site training for a few months (read this to mean "too far to commute", with a newborn in the house), and he would still have to get past another exam (completely different one) and interview. But, its still way better than what we've got going on right now. He applied.

Edited to add: He bought me a Lindor Milk Chocolate Truffle bar to make me feel better. It has barley (malt) in it. I can't eat it. Now, instead of feeling better, I feel worse. I HATE GLUTEN!

oh Cindy, never give up hope, will continue prayers

Cindy-I'm praying and believing for a miracle for you and your family...:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug 

bgs-:hug :hug :hug  Hope your soreness eases and you can crochet soon.. 

Katy- I can't imagine not having pink in my stash...lol...I don't have tv so no olympics for me...I'm using alot of my time trying to figure out a way that works for me for this graphghan...It's about to DRIVE ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!...But I will win...

Stay warm everyone...Have a WONDERFUL weekend if I don't see you on....

Hi Everyone!  Long day.... started with my feeding tube falling out at 4am! At least that relieved the incredible pain I had been in all night. I should have known something was up. Anyway, spent the best part of the day in the ER getting a temp tube put in until they can schedule the procedure on Mon to put the correct type in. On top of all this the medical del company didn't bring my hydration supply this week and my dr wanted it increased because my numbers were bad.  Supposed to get more=I get none! Lol, call them up, ooppps, we'll get it to you today! UGH! Sorry for ranting.  I just feel like doggie doo and have no energy and this darn insurance co is making my life h e double hockey sticks, lol.

lilmama, I'm so glad that I could brighten your day!

Hershey, the quiltghan is beautiful!! 

Cindy, never give up hope.  sending hugs, prayers and good intentions your way (((hugs)))

Hugs to all and I promise to be in a better frame of mind when I next return!  (((hugs)))

I am so sorry Cindy. Yes keep on hoping something will turn up for hubby. I feel the same way about hubby's job. But one day it will be our turn to shine.

Glad you found the car seat for a good deal.

dragnlady I sure hope you feel better.

Hope everyone has a a very nice weekend.

Good night all!

grannyannie I hope they get you all straight and you get your energy back. I know about not having enough energy and lately I just push myself to the max. But the last few days just rested like I'm suppose to. Go back to the the doctors on February 18 th. Hopefully it's much better. If he tells me to rest more he coming home with me to help. This is pure torture.

He isn't going to get the job. He didn't pass the exam.

Why do I bother hoping anymore?

So sorry! Hugs honey!

Prayers being said! I'll take that chocolate bar off your hands......oh wait, not eating that kind of stuff right now....drat!

Warmer weather headed your way.  We made it up to 16 today and 30's tomorrow will feel absolutely balmy.    I am too sore to crochet, 6 hours of shoveling on Wed and 2 more on Thurs. 

Woot!

Both of my testers came back with good results, thanks again ladies, for all your help!!! Don't know if i should post it, or try to submit it somewhere, Im thinking about it. lol

Did make a run to wallyworld today, picked up a few things, and got some pink yarn, I discovered, I had no pink in my stash!! I can't imagine, why not, I did have a bright pink, and raspberry, but no real pink, like baby pink, and petal pi nk, so got those today too, thank goodness, lol

Hi to everyone and have a great weekend coming up! take care, till tomorrow squares!!

Submit it! Woot!  baby pink is pink? I only like HOT pink! LOL

Grannie Annie - feel better honey!!!!

Kiddles is very happy! We asked one of her little friends to come over to play this afternoon. So from 1 - 4, I won't have to entertain her! I'll send them off to her room and make them play! Alone! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Besides that, we'll probably run out to the mall to walk this morning, then back home to tidy up before her friend comes over. More snow this afternoon so.........ugh!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. My back hurt some and so did my knee. Today going to go get the boys. I'm so excited and need to figure what will do this weekend. I will plan on the back home while talking to the boys.

Got everybody where they needed to be this morning .. Going to go jump in the shower. Will check back in with you all later.

I hope you are feeling better and slept well

Hi to everyone else I've missed!!  Today was an early release from school...Whoot!!  But I'm still at work.  What?!?  Just finished my meeting and thought I'd pop in here before heading off to start the weekend.  :D

First stop, picking up a new (to us) truck.  Hubby needs it for his side business of handyman work.  Then, I'm getting a 7-11 slurpee.  You just can't imagine how excited I am!!  They have 7-11s all over the place in Michigan, which is where I'm from.  In North Carolina, the closest 7-11 is 45 minutes away, but is just happens to be on the way to pick up the truck.  I just LOVE Coca Cola slupees...ICEES have nothing on a Slurpee (no, they are NOT the same thing!!)  Then it's home to relax and crochet.  Tomorrow, my daughter and I have a hair appointment (is it me, or is everyone getting their hair cut around here?) and I'm cleaning the house.  My LEAST favorite thing to do!!  The rest of the weekend, I'm relaxing with my yarn, hook and tea. Oh, and I'm feeling TONS better!!  I'm so thankful that I'm *finally* feeling normal.  It's about time!!!  Take care and stay warm, Squares!!  I know you guys are sick of the weather, but NC hasn't really gotten anything significant, so I'll be thinking/praying for snow!! 

Sounds like you are having your own adventure. Be safe

It is a spectacular square. submit it hun. if not then at least sell it on Ravelry

Hi Everyone!  Long day.... started with my feeding tube falling out at 4am! At least that relieved the incredible pain I had been in all night. I should have known something was up. Anyway, spent the best part of the day in the ER getting a temp tube put in until they can schedule the procedure on Mon to put the correct type in. On top of all this the medical del company didn't bring my hydration supply this week and my dr wanted it increased because my numbers were bad.  Supposed to get more=I get none! Lol, call them up, ooppps, we'll get it to you today! UGH! Sorry for ranting.  I just feel like doggie doo and have no energy and this darn insurance co is making my life h e double hockey sticks, lol.

I hope that whole issue is soon fixed. I used to care for sick children in a nursing home and alot of them had tubes. we had one boy that would always pull his out.

Well i have the food ministry at church today then work for 4 hours. then more grocery shopping. Kids are all gone for the weekend. Yesterday was a busy day too. had to run to Mitchell to drop the Daughter off, then went to see about getting a tire on my van but the guy wasnt there and wasnt answering his phone. So I went elsewhere. then had to go to Paoli and pay bills Then back to the house where I got in Heidis car and we did more errands. Went to french Lick for lunch. Then Walmart and Gallions grocery shopping and we stopped at a friends house. left the house at 11 and didnt get home till 730..... this was my day off lol

Hope everyone is having a great day. God Bless

Good morning, ladies! I know I haven't been around much--I had three crochet projects that needed to be mailed/shipped and I stayed off the computer! I didn't read all the posts I missed, but I hope everyone is doing well. We got more snow this week, but the roads were cleared up very, very quickly, so it wasn't bad at all!

Hello everyone. I'll apologize now for not keeping up with things this week, I've just been feeling a little overwhelmed. I was out of town for 3 days last week which seems to have thrown my routine off more than I thought it would. I started a new curriculum at work this week which is taking a lot of modification for my students. My son-in-law found out that he got the job he had applied for about one and a half hours north of here and he starts on Feb 24th, so he and my daughter and grandkids will be moving very soon. I'm happy for them but sad for me, my daughter and I are very close and we're all together at least 3 times a week. Them my laptop decided to die and I had to buy a new one last night, that took a good chunk of my savings and I'm having an awful time getting used to this new one. So I got up this morning, earlier than I wanted too, started the laundry, balanced the check book and paid bills. Now I am going to relax and crochet for the rest of day, I really need some fiber therapy. Thanks for letting me whine, you all are the best. I will really try to keep up better this week. Oh, I'm working on squares for our Queen.

Good Morning!  Yes, I'm in a better mood today.  I promised you didn't I, lol.  I can't say it's because something really good has happened (wish I could), but I just gave myself a kick in the behind, a little pep talk, and I'll do better.  I believe we have to look at the brighter side of things, and I forgot that, so chin up, things will get better, yes, they will. LOL  Ok, now you all think I'm  insane, lol... how's your weekend going?  I have 4 squares made for our queen!  Now I just need to get the $$$ together so I can mail them to her! lol, I promise you will get them Skoggy, just might be a little late.

grannyannie I hope they get you all straight and you get your energy back. I know about not having enough energy and lately I just push myself to the max. But the last few days just rested like I'm suppose to. Go back to the the doctors on February 18 th. Hopefully it's much better. If he tells me to rest more he coming home with me to help. This is pure torture.

Isn't it the truth.  Although my dr is really nice and caring but it seems like the days that I've felt my absolute worst is when he's said I look really good, lol. Those are the days I'd like to bring him home and put him to work, lol.

So sorry! Hugs honey!

Prayers being said! I'll take that chocolate bar off your hands......oh wait, not eating that kind of stuff right now....drat!

Woot!

Submit it! Woot!  baby pink is pink? I only like HOT pink! LOL

Grannie Annie - feel better honey!!!!

Kiddles is very happy! We asked one of her little friends to come over to play this afternoon. So from 1 - 4, I won't have to entertain her! I'll send them off to her room and make them play! Alone! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Besides that, we'll probably run out to the mall to walk this morning, then back home to tidy up before her friend comes over. More snow this afternoon so.........ugh!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Thanks Kuddles!  Hope you really enjoy your "alone" time, such as it is, when kiddles friend is over!

I hope you are feeling better and slept well

Sounds like you are having your own adventure. Be safe

It is a spectacular square. submit it hun. if not then at least sell it on Ravelry

I hope that whole issue is soon fixed. I used to care for sick children in a nursing home and alot of them had tubes. we had one boy that would always pull his out.

Well i have the food ministry at church today then work for 4 hours. then more grocery shopping. Kids are all gone for the weekend. Yesterday was a busy day too. had to run to Mitchell to drop the Daughter off, then went to see about getting a tire on my van but the guy wasnt there and wasnt answering his phone. So I went elsewhere. then had to go to Paoli and pay bills Then back to the house where I got in Heidis car and we did more errands. Went to french Lick for lunch. Then Walmart and Gallions grocery shopping and we stopped at a friends house. left the house at 11 and didnt get home till 730..... this was my day off lol

Hope everyone is having a great day. God Bless

OMG, I can't imagine pulling this thing out, yikes.  Boy, if this was your day off, I'd hate to see a busy day, lol!  Get some rest would ya! LOL! 

Good morning, ladies! I know I haven't been around much--I had three crochet projects that needed to be mailed/shipped and I stayed off the computer! I didn't read all the posts I missed, but I hope everyone is doing well. We got more snow this week, but the roads were cleared up very, very quickly, so it wasn't bad at all!

Hi ya, Mandy!

Hello everyone. I'll apologize now for not keeping up with things this week, I've just been feeling a little overwhelmed. I was out of town for 3 days last week which seems to have thrown my routine off more than I thought it would. I started a new curriculum at work this week which is taking a lot of modification for my students. My son-in-law found out that he got the job he had applied for about one and a half hours north of here and he starts on Feb 24th, so he and my daughter and grandkids will be moving very soon. I'm happy for them but sad for me, my daughter and I are very close and we're all together at least 3 times a week. Them my laptop decided to die and I had to buy a new one last night, that took a good chunk of my savings and I'm having an awful time getting used to this new one. So I got up this morning, earlier than I wanted too, started the laundry, balanced the check book and paid bills. Now I am going to relax and crochet for the rest of day, I really need some fiber therapy. Thanks for letting me whine, you all are the best. I will really try to keep up better this week. Oh, I'm working on squares for our Queen.

(((hugs))) 

We are thinking the unthinkable.....moving back to Virginia.

Hubs posted on Facebook about not getting the job and one of his old supervisors from the shipyard said they would gladly take him back. We've been talking about it ever since. I don't know if its the right thing to do.

Pros:
Guaranteed job, pays $60k/year minimum + excellent benefits
We can get out of debt
We can afford stuff again
I can be a stay-at-home mom again
We will be with old, good friends. I don't have any close friends here
Milder winters
Beach!
Lower taxes
VA is better than IL, politically speaking, for us

Cons:
Bridge tunnels (Pineknot knows what I'm talking about!!!)
Hurricanes
Moving (not only the act of doing it, but the cost)
Higher cost of living
No longer driving distance from In-Laws. This would break my MIL's heart.
What about my mom? She follows us everywhere. She doesn't have money to move either and has no job prospects
Leaving the Midwest. We love it here
Wes will be leaving his friends here
Leaving C's daycare (they are way awesome) and Y's school

And then there is timing. We can't afford the move, so he'd have to go ahead of us for a few months to save up enough for a move, leaving me alone with 3 children, one of which will be a newborn. He's even talking about leaving before the baby is born, possibly missing the birth, and leaving me alone with 2 kids and a newborn.

I'm a mess. I don't know what to do. Should we stay here and hope for a miracle? My mom and my in-laws are enough to make me want to stay here. But, we've spent 4.5 years waiting for a dream that hasn't come. We go farther into debt every day we are here. Aren't we crazy at this point to say no to a great job? Wes and I are physically ill over this.

If we stay, and Wes doesn't get employment, next school year he will have to stay home with the kids and homeschool Y. I will have to get work on top of my freelance work to keep up with our bills. Do you know how hard this is on a man's psyche to not be able to provide for his family? He's so depressed already that I'm the higher earner, it would kill him if I became the sole breadwinner. I really don't want to move back to VA, but I really don't want to ask Wes to say no to a good job and the opportunity for him to be a provider again. 

I'm dreading talking to my mom about this.

Hubs posted on Facebook about not getting the job and one of his old supervisors from the shipyard said they would gladly take him back. We've been talking about it ever since. I don't know if its the right thing to do.

Pros:

Guaranteed job, pays $60k/year minimum + excellent benefits

We can get out of debt

We can afford stuff again

I can be a stay-at-home mom again

We will be with old, good friends. I don't have any close friends here

Milder winters

Beach!

Lower taxes

VA is better than IL, politically speaking, for us

Cons:

Bridge tunnels (Pineknot knows what I'm talking about!!!)

Hurricanes

Moving (not only the act of doing it, but the cost)

Higher cost of living

No longer driving distance from In-Laws. This would break my MIL's heart.

What about my mom? She follows us everywhere. She doesn't have money to move either and has no job prospects

Leaving the Midwest. We love it here

Wes will be leaving his friends here

Leaving C's daycare (they are way awesome) and Y's school

And then there is timing. We can't afford the move, so he'd have to go ahead of us for a few months to save up enough for a move, leaving me alone with 3 children, one of which will be a newborn. He's even talking about leaving before the baby is born, possibly missing the birth, and leaving me alone with 2 kids and a newborn.

I'm a mess. I don't know what to do. Should we stay here and hope for a miracle? My mom and my in-laws are enough to make me want to stay here. But, we've spent 4.5 years waiting for a dream that hasn't come. We go farther into debt every day we are here. Aren't we crazy at this point to say no to a great job? Wes and I are physically ill over this.

If we stay, and Wes doesn't get employment, next school year he will have to stay home with the kids and homeschool Y. I will have to get work on top of my freelance work to keep up with our bills. Do you know how hard this is on a man's psyche to not be able to provide for his family? He's so depressed already that I'm the higher earner, it would kill him if I became the sole breadwinner. I really don't want to move back to VA, but I really don't want to ask Wes to say no to a good job and the opportunity for him to be a provider again. 

oh my goodness,tolls started on downtown and midtown tunnels on Feb. 1st.

if I can be nosy Newport News or Portsmouth shipyard?,If you could find a locale without going thru the tolls that would be great.

just let me know if you want newspapers from this area.

oh my goodness,tolls started on downtown and midtown tunnels on Feb. 1st.

if I can be nosy Newport News or Portsmouth shipyard?,If you could find a locale without going thru the tolls that would be great.

just let me know if you want newspapers from this area.

Dang. Tolls? I remember them talking about it...

Portsmouth shipyard is the one. I started looking at apartments. Thanks for the heads up so I can nix ones that would necessitate the use of one of those tunnels. Stupid tunnels.

Great big HUGE hug for you! I hope you figure out what to do and pray you have peace of mind once you do!

Archived