Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

We had a two hour delay today, but I ended up coming home. After Thanksgiving, I was admitted to the hospital to have surgery on an abscess...I woke up this morning with another cyst like thing in the same area. UGH!! It's quite painful and gross...going to the doctor at 4. 

Yes, I have had the same thing.  Somehow in my CLOSED scar from a surgery ONE YEAR ago, I developed an infection and ended up in the ER.  Given an IV of the antibiotic Vancomyacin, then home on oral medication.  Gave me morphine at the hospital and percoset at home.  

That is why I haven't been on here much...that and trying to catch up on all the posts you Squares have posted.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morning all!

Below zero here and now they are saying up to 10 inches of snow starting tomorrow afternoon thru Wednesday....hope we are in the lower range but ......sigh.......I don't know where they will put more snow in our complex! The piles are so high already!

Back to school and work for kiddles and me.......nuff said!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Hi honey! We stayed in and had our pizza and watched some Bernstein Bears on demand.......hadn't watched any in a while and those are so appropriate and have good messages.....

Well, today is just to be cold, no snow...till Tuesday. Another 6 coming and more next weekend. Wow, this winter.......

I need to get some more stuff on my etsy destash shop! Sold another thing last nite so....time to see what I have! Hadn't posted my old magazines yet so might do that plus I have some beads (plastic pony plus others) I could list. Well, I know what I'll be doing today!

Do you think the Bears specials are well done? I just noticed last night that the Christmas Tree story we have was originally a TV special (it was on the back of the book), but I'm sort of afraid of the voice acting... I've read the books for so long I don't want the voices in my head to get all messed up! :lol

Jillepop, I have been drinking orange juice like a boss; I'm finding the same thing! Sadly, we're almost out of orange juice. And no freeze pops. Wish I knew someone who could do a grocery store run for us! :-/ I've been making a lot of tea with orange juice these last few days. A few years ago I got a "Christmas tea" at a local shop and I've saved the bag ever since hoping to find it again. Haven't been able to, so this year I just started stuffing things in the tea ball to approximate it and it's been delicious.

I'm pretty sure I'm standing at the top of a slippery slope, here. It starts with drying orange peel and sticking cloves in the tea ball, and next thing you know you've got a greenhouse in the back full of cinnamon bushes and eight different varieties of tea! (I... really was thinking about trying to keep cinnamon indoors. We only have two sticks that are apparently made from reinforced concrete; I canNOT break the things up!)

My husband loves making popcorn on the stove, but I don't know if he's ever tried it with olive oil! I'll have to ask him - I love buttery flavor. :D

I made some brownies which will go with the ice cream, then chocolate chip cookies, pretzel sandwiches( Hershey kiss in the middle) daughter getting bacon pizza and tacos. Plus we have chips .

Bacon pizza and tacos sounds sooooo good...! I really wanted tacos yesterday, too. I really wanted to suggest we order a pizza or something for dinner, something hot and filling and yummy, but I try to suppress those urges usually because if we ordered out every time I felt like it we'd never spend money on anything but food!

We had been planning to go out with my brother to a local diner to celebrate the Superbowl, in remembrance of the time we went to a diner on Superbowl Sunday and commented on how empty the place was and were Sundays always like this? And the waitress was like, well, not all Sundays, but Superbowl Sundays yes. And we went ohhhhhh, ha ha yes, we feel silly now. Because we hadn't realised it was Superbowl day until she said that. But with all of us still being sick, it didn't happen. Well, my brother's not sick, but that was part of the reason we called it off too, we figured he didn't want to become sick.

And today we're both home sick - although my work is actually closed due to snow! This is twice in one season now; this is crazy. Unfortunately, daycare is closing early because of snow too, so we can't take Little Viking in (he's fine, except for a runny nose, and cough at night) while we stay home to get some rest. Really wish my mom lived close enough that we could talk her into coming to get him/coming to stay here with him! I think it's going to be a video game/movie day for us today!

VikingRunnerGirl I sure hope you feel better. It sucks being sick.

. My back is a tad better today and will rest all day and sit and stare at the walls. I did find some cotton cones I had so am able to keep crocheting. I want to get some clear containers to put the yarn in so it won't get dusty or chewed by my lovely puppies. One of them just loves yarn. Daughter has a couple skeins of the cotton yarn and I used it up already. It doesn't take me long at all. No splurging here anytime soon. With hubby being out of work for 9 days we are behind on a few bills. Don't know how I will pull it off but a couple will not get paid. Nothing I can do right now. Was a little behind sense christmas but this put us further behind. Hubby is trying but not much he can do. His other eye started acting up but I think it's just the strain from working it so much sense his other eye is healing.

Good Morning Ladies...Don't faint...I'm still alive and hooking...Just thought I'd pop in for a few...This weather here in Florida has been something else...Today it is supposed to get to 80 F...and to think that I actually had my heat on 2 days ago...

I've been busy making an afghan for my GS, which has turned into a blanket for my youngest daughter....She saw it, fell in love with  the color and said she wanted it as it matched her bedroom colors... I'm having to make it bigger and of course I don't have enough yarn...I had purchased the yarn from Craftsy so I contacted them to see if I could order more...Unfortunately they are sold out and don't expect any more....As luck would have it, I had received an email from WEBS telling of a current sale...My yarn wasn't listed, but I searched their site anyway...Lo and behold there it was !!!! Needless to say I ordered 8 more skeins....Praise the Lord..SO now I had to order yarn for GS afghan...I'm expecting both orders to arrive shortly...

In the meantime beloved youngest daughter has decided that she doesn't like the sweater that I made and gifted her Christmas 2012....She doesn't like the way it fits...too large....Soooo I let her look at the current Crochet Today and she found one she likes, only thing is she want's it sc instead of dc....Oh Boy...here we goooo..I had her return the Christmas sweater so I could FROG it...What a chore...Frogging Simply Soft after it has been laundered a few times is not the easiest thing to do, but I'm attempting it...

So that's bringing you up to date on happenings in my life....God Bless All of you...Prayers for those sick in body and heart....ST

kuddles is it worth selling on etsy? Plus do I get charged up front or just when I sell something. How do I do the thing with them paying me? Do I put my checking info in or go through paypal? Sorry lots and lots of questions. Then to pick a shop name. How about Dawson's Stitches? I need serious help.

What Webb site did you buy your yarn from? I'm looking for the white yarn with glitter through it. Not that I can buy it anytime soon but would like to look through sites.

AngelRoseLite What white yarn did you use on the snowflake afghan? Did you use red heart yarn? Thanks for any help you can offer. What was the name of the blue yarn as well. Thanks

I've been back awhile from Ortho,but there were two computer hogs and now I finally got my chance to get on.

it continues to look good,he put me in a Velcro brace,ah relief at last,from the digging of the fiberglass splints.

he said to make a fist,did that well,with little wincing,I said So  am I done? he chuckled and said see you in three weeks

to start therapy,and no heavy lifting still.

tried out hook and yarn,got two chains on the hook& was finished,will have to slowly build that up

Hi ya Honex, thanks for checking in with us, youv'e been missed!!

Yes, I have had the same thing.  Somehow in my CLOSED scar from a surgery ONE YEAR ago, I developed an infection and ended up in the ER.  Given an IV of the antibiotic Vancomyacin, then home on oral medication.  Gave me morphine at the hospital and percoset at home.  

That is why I haven't been on here much...that and trying to catch up on all the posts you Squares have posted.

Wow, kuddles, you guys are really get dumped on!

Morning all!

Below zero here and now they are saying up to 10 inches of snow starting tomorrow afternoon thru Wednesday....hope we are in the lower range but ......sigh.......I don't know where they will put more snow in our complex! The piles are so high already!

Back to school and work for kiddles and me.......nuff said!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Busy lady! Wheres the pics, lol

Good morning all!

Finished a hand towel and three wash clothes. Will do more today. Hoping to sell some too.

Hi viking, and jilliepop!! Viking, have you tried ordering it or finding it online?? the tea I mean..

Do you think the Bears specials are well done? I just noticed last night that the Christmas Tree story we have was originally a TV special (it was on the back of the book), but I'm sort of afraid of the voice acting... I've read the books for so long I don't want the voices in my head to get all messed up! :lol

Jillepop, I have been drinking orange juice like a boss; I'm finding the same thing! Sadly, we're almost out of orange juice. And no freeze pops. Wish I knew someone who could do a grocery store run for us! :-/ I've been making a lot of tea with orange juice these last few days. A few years ago I got a "Christmas tea" at a local shop and I've saved the bag ever since hoping to find it again. Haven't been able to, so this year I just started stuffing things in the tea ball to approximate it and it's been delicious.

I'm pretty sure I'm standing at the top of a slippery slope, here. It starts with drying orange peel and sticking cloves in the tea ball, and next thing you know you've got a greenhouse in the back full of cinnamon bushes and eight different varieties of tea! (I... really was thinking about trying to keep cinnamon indoors. We only have two sticks that are apparently made from reinforced concrete; I canNOT break the things up!)

My husband loves making popcorn on the stove, but I don't know if he's ever tried it with olive oil! I'll have to ask him - I love buttery flavor. :D

Bacon pizza and tacos sounds sooooo good...! I really wanted tacos yesterday, too. I really wanted to suggest we order a pizza or something for dinner, something hot and filling and yummy, but I try to suppress those urges usually because if we ordered out every time I felt like it we'd never spend money on anything but food!

We had been planning to go out with my brother to a local diner to celebrate the Superbowl, in remembrance of the time we went to a diner on Superbowl Sunday and commented on how empty the place was and were Sundays always like this? And the waitress was like, well, not all Sundays, but Superbowl Sundays yes. And we went ohhhhhh, ha ha yes, we feel silly now. Because we hadn't realised it was Superbowl day until she said that. But with all of us still being sick, it didn't happen. Well, my brother's not sick, but that was part of the reason we called it off too, we figured he didn't want to become sick.

And today we're both home sick - although my work is actually closed due to snow! This is twice in one season now; this is crazy. Unfortunately, daycare is closing early because of snow too, so we can't take Little Viking in (he's fine, except for a runny nose, and cough at night) while we stay home to get some rest. Really wish my mom lived close enough that we could talk her into coming to get him/coming to stay here with him! I think it's going to be a video game/movie day for us today!

HI estee, thanks for the update, y ou are keeping busy, but you too have been missed!

Good Morning Ladies...Don't faint...I'm still alive and hooking...Just thought I'd pop in for a few...This weather here in Florida has been something else...Today it is supposed to get to 80 F...and to think that I actually had my heat on 2 days ago...

I've been busy making an afghan for my GS, which has turned into a blanket for my youngest daughter....She saw it, fell in love with  the color and said she wanted it as it matched her bedroom colors... I'm having to make it bigger and of course I don't have enough yarn...I had purchased the yarn from Craftsy so I contacted them to see if I could order more...Unfortunately they are sold out and don't expect any more....As luck would have it, I had received an email from WEBS telling of a current sale...My yarn wasn't listed, but I searched their site anyway...Lo and behold there it was !!!! Needless to say I ordered 8 more skeins....Praise the Lord..SO now I had to order yarn for GS afghan...I'm expecting both orders to arrive shortly...

In the meantime beloved youngest daughter has decided that she doesn't like the sweater that I made and gifted her Christmas 2012....She doesn't like the way it fits...too large....Soooo I let her look at the current Crochet Today and she found one she likes, only thing is she want's it sc instead of dc....Oh Boy...here we goooo..I had her return the Christmas sweater so I could FROG it...What a chore...Frogging Simply Soft after it has been laundered a few times is not the easiest thing to do, but I'm attempting it...

So that's bringing you up to date on happenings in my life....God Bless All of you...Prayers for those sick in body and heart....ST

oh good Linda, more comfort in a brace! crochet will wait, don't overdo.

I've been back awhile from Ortho,but there were two computer hogs and now I finally got my chance to get on.

it continues to look good,he put me in a Velcro brace,ah relief at last,from the digging of the fiberglass splints.

he said to make a fist,did that well,with little wincing,I said So  am I done? he chuckled and said see you in three weeks

tried out hook and yarn,got two chains on the hook& was finished,will have to slowly build that up

In other news, we have a new member, another Jessica. She would like any size, any color, all varigated though please, how fun! welcome Jessican, check out her prefs. on the first post!!!!!!! Everyone welcome Jessica5966 to our humble home!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME!!

and a huge big feel better hug to those that need it!!!!!!

Hi Gang!  Quick flyby, hope everyone is having a good day.  We're having a bit of snow today.  We're expecting several storms this week, at least that's what hubby tells me, lol.  I'm just glad that today was the only day that I had to go out.  We had a few slips and spins and that was enough for me!  I'm in and I'm staying in!  My hooks are warming and the yarn is ready.  It's square making time!  :hook   

Welcome Jessica5966!!!!  Always happy to have new members join the group! 

Mmmm, all this talk of orange juice and tea sounds yummy!  Think I'll go heat up the pot and make myself some green tea right now!  Have a great day everyone and try to stay warm!  (or those of you in warm climates, stay cool, lol).  See ya later!

Yep, yep, a hook and yarn isn't heavy lifting!  :yes Bummer that you couldn't do much yet. Maybe when therapy starts they'll have some suggestions, or even be able to work it into the therapy?

Hi viking, and jilliepop!! Viking, have you tried ordering it or finding it online?? the tea I mean..

I tried! The bag even had a website on it, but it's like a Christmas theme designer and there's not actually an online shop; I guess you just have to get lucky and find them in stores. My mom did get one this year, from another teamaker, that was a very similar blend, so I was happy to see that!

Still achy. Still bleh. And no idea how I'm going to finish my presentation for tomorrow, especially if there's a two hour delay as looks very possible! On the plus side, I'm almost finished testing Cindy's square pattern, and my mom pointed out that at least I don't have to use a sick day for today since we're officially closed. I actually got on to email work about the presentation tomorrow, and then remembered I had things waiting in multi-quote limbo here.  :lol Ok, off to do email, and then hopefully use up some more yarn, and then have to buy more to finish the one project most likely... >_<

So I'm just destashing so it is worth it to me to rid myself and make a titch of cash. To sell your completed items, I don't see that happening too well! Some lucky people have followers and sell, but you'd have to price your stuff pretty low and then you make no money! Twenty cents to list the item, then they take 3.5% when it sells and then of course paypal takes a cut so........you're better off selling local if you can! Just my opinion!

kuddles is it worth selling on etsy? Plus do I get charged up front or just when I sell something. How do I do the thing with them paying me? Do I put my checking info in or go through paypal? Sorry lots and lots of questions. Then to pick a shop name. How about Dawson's Stitches? I need serious help.

Not posted yet. But they are the same ones I listed on here a while back but didn't go so now on to etsy!

kuddles I don't see any books in your shop unless they are all sold out. I need to put some things up for sale to.

Congrats Skoggy.  Time to refocus. New queen must get busy on squares. 

Oh Kuddles will this winter never end?  We have been chunking the melting ice away from in front of the house in prep for the snow tomorrow.  I never thought I wanted to move somewhere tropical but it's starting to sound better and better all the time.  Sorry you couldn't get the extra help you felt Kiddles needs. 

Welcome Jessica.

Angel those sweaters are adorable.  Glad you liked the towel topper.  I had looked at that pattern and then decided to wing it.  After all its basically a little cap/beanie with a tab at the top and a loop on the inside.  I just figured out how to make it in one continuous piece.   Katy, your notes for your square look a lot like my towel topper notes----they make sense to me but don't know if they would to anyone else.

:waving to all and :hug to all that need them.

bgs I know I asked many pages back for the towel topper pattern and you sent it to me. Can you PM it to so I can not forget where it is at. You do beautiful work and I love it.

AngelRoseLite, they are super cute! I love them. I have a feeling that the pattern will be added to my library soon.

You do such lovely work for ShiFo. :hug

Hi, Skoggy!  It's such a simple pattern and gives great results.  I love anything that is unisex.  Boys don't get as much created for them.  ShiFio comes up with great patterns.  You even have two items dreamed up by them and made by me ;)

What Webb site did you buy your yarn from? I'm looking for the white yarn with glitter through it. Not that I can buy it anytime soon but would like to look through sites.

AngelRoseLite What white yarn did you use on the snowflake afghan? Did you use red heart yarn? Thanks for any help you can offer. What was the name of the blue yarn as well. Thanks

Both yarns are I Love This Yarn! from Hobby Lobby.  The colors are Soft Blue and White Sparkle.

Congrats Skoggy.  Time to refocus. New queen must get busy on squares. 

Oh Kuddles will this winter never end?  We have been chunking the melting ice away from in front of the house in prep for the snow tomorrow.  I never thought I wanted to move somewhere tropical but it's starting to sound better and better all the time.  Sorry you couldn't get the extra help you felt Kiddles needs. 

Welcome Jessica.

Angel those sweaters are adorable.  Glad you liked the towel topper.  I had looked at that pattern and then decided to wing it.  After all its basically a little cap/beanie with a tab at the top and a loop on the inside.  I just figured out how to make it in one continuous piece.   Katy, your notes for your square look a lot like my towel topper notes----they make sense to me but don't know if they would to anyone else.

:waving to all and :hug to all that need them.

Thanks, bgs.  You winged it good!  I am making more to stash for gifts.  I hadn't made any before because I hated the idea of cutting and sewing.  This answered my prayers, lol.

Welcome, Jessica!  You're going to love it here :hug

Everyone have a wonderful day.

I know! Sick of it!!!! I usually enjoy cooler temps and a bit of snow, but this? NO!

Hi all!! Good news is that I sent out the queens package this am, customs slip and all! And i got two squares out to the gals that are going to help me re word, possibly, my patterns. I found at least 10 patterns to write up ........This first one though, bout killed me, lol, I want to go through it one more time, before I send the pattern along by email ladies, so patience, it will still reach you before the actual "example" square does, Im sure!

I will get busy tomorrow, on yet another one, hopefull, after doing this first one, it will get a bit easier for me to think Written Pattern vocabulary, not Katiespeak, lol......

What else, snow headed our way now, thanks alot! That means first places west of me will get it, and then we will, and then, yes, places east.. We have an advisory out for tomorrow, tomorrow night, and wednesday. Gonna get bad, before it gets better I guess!

So, heads up Dragnlady, and cindy, and Queenie Emma! puffys away!!!!!!!!!

off to check into pattern writting rehab, lol my brain is swimming in abbr. sc here, dc there, do ch 4 up, yada yada yada..lol

I know what I mean, the hard part is wording it so someone else does!!!!!!

I loved Bgs towel topper pattern too, very nice. I made them years ago, but differently, don't know if there is a pic still on my photopages or  not, might check that out....

cold out now, in for a cold week too, i laid in some essentials, and figured i would make a pot of ham and bean soup tomorrow, use up the rest of that ham anyways. lol Oh, forgot carrots, darn it!

and tomorrow, maybe work a bit on another set of notes, lol         take care all, stay safe!!!!!!!

Hi all!! Good news is that I sent out the queens package this am, customs slip and all! And i got two squares out to the gals that are going to help me re word, possibly, my patterns. I found at least 10 patterns to write up ........This first one though, bout killed me, lol, I want to go through it one more time, before I send the pattern along by email ladies, so patience, it will still reach you before the actual "example" square does, Im sure!

I will get busy tomorrow, on yet another one, hopefull, after doing this first one, it will get a bit easier for me to think Written Pattern vocabulary, not Katiespeak, lol......

What else, snow headed our way now, thanks alot! That means first places west of me will get it, and then we will, and then, yes, places east.. We have an advisory out for tomorrow, tomorrow night, and wednesday. Gonna get bad, before it gets better I guess!

So, heads up Dragnlady, and cindy, and Queenie Emma! puffys away!!!!!!!!!

off to check into pattern writting rehab, lol my brain is swimming in abbr. sc here, dc there, do ch 4 up, yada yada yada..lol

I know what I mean, the hard part is wording it so someone else does!!!!!!

I loved Bgs towel topper pattern too, very nice. I made them years ago, but differently, don't know if there is a pic still on my photopages or  not, might check that out....

cold out now, in for a cold week too, i laid in some essentials, and figured i would make a pot of ham and bean soup tomorrow, use up the rest of that ham anyways. lol Oh, forgot carrots, darn it!

and tomorrow, maybe work a bit on another set of notes, lol         take care all, stay safe!!!!!!!

Alas, the kitty is gone. I was just admiring it a little while ago.   I guess I am not one much for change.  Jim never has to worry about coming home and finding the furniture rearranged just for the sake of something different.  After it finds what seems to be its optimal place I would screw it to the floor if I could.   On the good side you are forcing me to keep my brain active by learning to associate you with a new picture

Alas, the kitty is gone. I was just admiring it a little while ago.   I guess I am not one much for change.  Jim never has to worry about coming home and finding the furniture rearranged just for the sake of something different.  After it finds what seems to be its optimal place I would screw it to the floor if I could.   On the good side you are forcing me to keep my brain active by learning to associate you with a new picture

I'm the same way! :lol

heh heh, just keeping ya on your toes missy!! it is reflecting my current past time, decyphering my patterns, and getting them in order and written out!! lol what a job, huh!

Oh no you did it again.  My poor brain, now associating chaos with you!

Archived