Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hello everyone!

Cindy, I hope you're feeling better.

Vikingrunnergirl, hope the power stays on and you stay warm.

Kuddles, homemade pizza sounds yummy.

We are having pigs in a blanket, tater tots and chocolate cupcakes tonight. Easy dinner because it has been a looooong week and I'm tired but want my family here tonight. This will be the last Friday night dinner that everyone is here before DD and her family move. I'm still not sure what my weekend plans are but I'm happy to have 3 days off.

Have a great evening!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all!  I'm a little late, but Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  I had a nice puffy in the mail for valentine's day!  Thank you for the beautiful square Viking!!!  And thanks for the heads up that it was you, lol.  It's too dark to get a good pic tonight, so I'll try to get one tomorrow.  Catcha ya all later!

well happy v day to all!! Nothing much going on here, we did lunch, as dinners on v day are almost impossible,  too crowded, and too much waiting, lol so we just went to dinner at lunch!! Daughter was here, for a while, but nothing big going on. Sorry to hear some are sick again, that darn virus is all over Im afraid....

Kuddles, me either, can't think of anything to crochet, O h I do a few squares now and then, but sheesh, for a long time now, have not been too inspired. but this too shall pass, lol

Glad everyone is safe, and the weather here for us anyway, seems to be a lot better, in the fifties maybe tomorrow, and in fact, all next week looks really good too...

Well, Ill head off, come back if i can, otherwise, hope you and yours all have or had a very nice day!!          :manyheart

does that make it a 4 day weekend Kuddles?

hope you feel better soon,Cindy

the sun is shining here,that always makes me feel good

For kiddles, yes, for me no. We only got yesterday at my work. Kiddles gets Monday so will be in daycare.

I'm not a teacher, but I would rather add the days on than do Saturdays. As a working mom, I don't get much time with the girls as it is.

We have 2 days built into the school year as either make up days or vacation. Both of them, without snow days would give the kids a 4 day weekend. They'll be using those as makeup and then adding 2 or 3 days (I've lost count!) in June. I'm pretty sure they're going until June 10th now. Today actually is one of those makeup days and then they're off Monday for President's Day.

I wish they had used yesterday as a make up day!

Snow Snow Snow.  Had to go to work in the middle of this and My windshield wipes decided to go all wacky. hitting each other, getting stuck on one another and going so far over that they are going off the windsheild. GRR How come it dont tear up till bad weather.

Ugh......

Good afternoon ladies!

Happy Valentines!

I'm getting here late. Didn't sleep well last night and was up at 6 when hubby called to tell me the road were awesome to go get the boys this morning. Yep that's right their school was cancelled so I got this morning. It was so nice to be home in the after noon instead of so late in the evening. She didn't even tell them I was coming and the oldest still was sleeping. He jumped in my arms and wrapped his legs around me and told me how much he missed me. I started to cry but just as happy to see them. If the roads would of been good I would of went last night. But I'm a just so excited to have them right now.

Hope everyone feeling not well feels better soon and sending out lots of hugs.

Sleep.......so elusive.....I'm with ya......

Hello everyone!

Cindy, I hope you're feeling better.

Vikingrunnergirl, hope the power stays on and you stay warm.

Kuddles, homemade pizza sounds yummy.

We are having pigs in a blanket, tater tots and chocolate cupcakes tonight. Easy dinner because it has been a looooong week and I'm tired but want my family here tonight. This will be the last Friday night dinner that everyone is here before DD and her family move. I'm still not sure what my weekend plans are but I'm happy to have 3 days off.

Have a great evening!

It was yummy!

Hi all!  I'm a little late, but Happy Valentine's Day to you all!  I had a nice puffy in the mail for valentine's day!  Thank you for the beautiful square Viking!!!  And thanks for the heads up that it was you, lol.  It's too dark to get a good pic tonight, so I'll try to get one tomorrow.  Catcha ya all later!

Thanks and hope yours went well!

Happy Valentines Day everyone. Hope you all are safe and warm

Happy back at ya!

well happy v day to all!! Nothing much going on here, we did lunch, as dinners on v day are almost impossible,  too crowded, and too much waiting, lol so we just went to dinner at lunch!! Daughter was here, for a while, but nothing big going on. Sorry to hear some are sick again, that darn virus is all over Im afraid....

Kuddles, me either, can't think of anything to crochet, O h I do a few squares now and then, but sheesh, for a long time now, have not been too inspired. but this too shall pass, lol

Glad everyone is safe, and the weather here for us anyway, seems to be a lot better, in the fifties maybe tomorrow, and in fact, all next week looks really good too...

Well, Ill head off, come back if i can, otherwise, hope you and yours all have or had a very nice day!!          :manyheart

Well hopefully we'll both get our groove back and crochet soon!

Today is errand morning. We'll end up at the mall to walk, then to Target, maybe Half Price Books (I have a cpn) then back home. Got house work to do.....other than that, just a regular day.

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning Everyone!

I get to spend my weekend stitching and not moving DD and family. They didn't get the apartment they signed the contract on, someone beat them to it. So they will be going up again on Tuesday to look a some more places, it's a little frustrating since son-in-laws new job starts in a week. I'm starting a new sewing project today, a dinosaur costume for my grandson for his birthday. He keeps taking the pattern out of the drawer, telling me he wants it and carrying the pattern around the house. I should be doing some housework too but I think I need the fiber therapy more right now. :lol

Have a great day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone!

I get to spend my weekend stitching and not moving DD and family. They didn't get the apartment they signed the contract on, someone beat them to it. So they will be going up again on Tuesday to look a some more places, it's a little frustrating since son-in-laws new job starts in a week. I'm starting a new sewing project today, a dinosaur costume for my grandson for his birthday. He keeps taking the pattern out of the drawer, telling me he wants it and carrying the pattern around the house. I should be doing some housework too but I think I need the fiber therapy more right now. :lol

hope their search finds them a nice place

that's cute about him carrying the pattern around,yes,fiber therapy is needed

good morning all,was restless last night,at least that's what I was told,I felt like I slept like a log

woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep

Good morning everyone!

Took daughter to school and then went and picked up my oldest lovely grandson from daughters this morning.

She will have the baby tomorrow one way or another.

Good Morning Everyone!

Good luck to them! And enjoy the hooking!

hope their search finds them a nice place

that's cute about him carrying the pattern around,yes,fiber therapy is needed

good morning all,was restless last night,at least that's what I was told,I felt like I slept like a log

woke up at 5:30 and couldn't fall back to sleep

I was awake at 2 am.....fitfully back to sleep now and then, up at 5. Sigh......

Good morning everyone!

Took daughter to school and then went and picked up my oldest lovely grandson from daughters this morning.

She will have the baby tomorrow one way or another.

How exciting!

We did our errands, in for the rest of the day. Kiddles is watching Space Buddies again....rented it at the library yesterday and she watched it then....but of course she wants to watch it again!

Enjoy the rest of your day all!

kuddles

My back is really killing me today. Talk about aching and can not bend over with out sharp pains. I've done no lifting other than walk around Walmart . I'm dying seriously.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I today.

Hi gang!  Been sleeping all day.  Sure will be glad if I ever get some energy back again.  I feel so bad for my poor hubby, alone all day in this house.  At least he has the dog and 2 cats to keep him company, lol.  I hope that those of you that are having a lull in your crochet mojo get it back soon.  I have been making simple squares when I can, nothing fancy, but they keep me motivated.  They are also nice and easy to take in the car for the rides to and from my appts.  Speaking of squares, here is the gorgeous one I rec'd from vikingrunnergirl yesterday.  Isn't it pretty!  Thank you again Viking.  I just love it!!!

post-16860-0-70252900-1392511632_thumb.jpg

Have a wonderful evening everyone.  Take care and try to stay warm.  It's still snowing like crazy here, brrrr!

Hello from very cold, very snowy New Jersey!

I've been crocheting up a storm, especially since I recently received a set of the Clover Amour ergonomic crochet hooks. I love the hooks! They make crocheting a breeze! I'll include a picture of one of the berets I recently crocheted. Thank you to Vickie Howell's "Top 10 Crocheted Hats" for the pattern, and to my mom for modeling it!

Best wishes for a warm end of winter. We're in the "home stretch", ladies!

post-65409-0-58953500-1392518740_thumb.jpg

ohhh eye candy, the hat is darling, and the square from viking, gorgeous!!!!

I think i have mentioned this before to some of you having trouble sleeping. I do to now and then, and take a supplement, natural, no side effects, or addictions, its melatonin, about 5mgs I think mine are. take one before bed,  as sometimes our brains don't produce enough naturally to get to sleep easily, this is just a simple natural supplement, and it works! I think I have Nature Made brand, 5 mgs, a friend of mine told me about it, and I tried a couple she gave me, and it did help on those nights I just can't sleep, even though I am tired..... Why suffer, when you don't have to ladies, ask your doctors if you like first, but really, it's quite safe, and non habit forming, it's not a drug either. Ok, nuff for that, thought it might help some of you is all. 

Good warmer days, and sunshine, coming tomorrow, and all next week, could that old ground hog be losing his charm?? lol

take care all, enjoy your weekend, and those of you having monday off too, enjoy!!!!

My husband takes the melatonin to on his sleepless night . I have a bottle and the first few times it didn't help any. Might have to try it again. It works wonderful for him. It is all natural ! Katy is right about it.

Good night everyone!

Good morning ladies!

Back is some what a little better.

Today is the day for a baby well that's if she pops it out and not in labor to long. I will be there with her in the room as long as everything goes well. I'm so excited too!

Had a wonderful time with the boys so far. Yesterday we played games and I made their favorite I guess for supper. Mac & Cheese with hotdogs. That's what the oldest wanted. It was easy and then we cleaned up. Did the dishes and ran the vacuum .. Then off to the den to watch a movie. I sewed a couple love seat pillows that had a little hole. Started on a hand towel.

good morning all

it was not a good evening yesterday with mil,she kept saying to her son,this is the first time I'm seeing you in a long time

then it was people were taking her towels out of the bathroom,and she wants them to stop it.by the 10 o' clock hr,I had a screaming headache,I don't usually have headaches, and my heart was pounding,so blood pressure must have been high,sigh, this too shall pass

My back is really killing me today. Talk about aching and can not bend over with out sharp pains. I've done no lifting other than walk around Walmart . I'm dying seriously.

Hope everyone else is doing better than I today.

Poor dear!

Hi gang!  Been sleeping all day.  Sure will be glad if I ever get some energy back again.  I feel so bad for my poor hubby, alone all day in this house.  At least he has the dog and 2 cats to keep him company, lol.  I hope that those of you that are having a lull in your crochet mojo get it back soon.  I have been making simple squares when I can, nothing fancy, but they keep me motivated.  They are also nice and easy to take in the car for the rides to and from my appts.  Speaking of squares, here is the gorgeous one I rec'd from vikingrunnergirl yesterday.  Isn't it pretty!  Thank you again Viking.  I just love it!!!

attachicon.gif014.JPG

Have a wonderful evening everyone.  Take care and try to stay warm.  It's still snowing like crazy here, brrrr!

Gorgeous!

Hello from very cold, very snowy New Jersey!

I've been crocheting up a storm, especially since I recently received a set of the Clover Amour ergonomic crochet hooks. I love the hooks! They make crocheting a breeze! I'll include a picture of one of the berets I recently crocheted. Thank you to Vickie Howell's "Top 10 Crocheted Hats" for the pattern, and to my mom for modeling it!

Best wishes for a warm end of winter. We're in the "home stretch", ladies!

Great hat!

ohhh eye candy, the hat is darling, and the square from viking, gorgeous!!!!

I think i have mentioned this before to some of you having trouble sleeping. I do to now and then, and take a supplement, natural, no side effects, or addictions, its melatonin, about 5mgs I think mine are. take one before bed,  as sometimes our brains don't produce enough naturally to get to sleep easily, this is just a simple natural supplement, and it works! I think I have Nature Made brand, 5 mgs, a friend of mine told me about it, and I tried a couple she gave me, and it did help on those nights I just can't sleep, even though I am tired..... Why suffer, when you don't have to ladies, ask your doctors if you like first, but really, it's quite safe, and non habit forming, it's not a drug either. Ok, nuff for that, thought it might help some of you is all. 

Good warmer days, and sunshine, coming tomorrow, and all next week, could that old ground hog be losing his charm?? lol

take care all, enjoy your weekend, and those of you having monday off too, enjoy!!!!

Yeah kiddles has been taking melatonin for a few years now.....just one mgs does it for her. I tried it a few times, nothing. Even taking 5 did nothing for me. So....thanks but been there, tried that! Sigh.....

Good morning ladies!

Back is some what a little better.

Today is the day for a baby well that's if she pops it out and not in labor to long. I will be there with her in the room as long as everything goes well. I'm so excited too!

Had a wonderful time with the boys so far. Yesterday we played games and I made their favorite I guess for supper. Mac & Cheese with hotdogs. That's what the oldest wanted. It was easy and then we cleaned up. Did the dishes and ran the vacuum .. Then off to the den to watch a movie. I sewed a couple love seat pillows that had a little hole. Started on a hand towel.

Glad the back is a bit better at least! Woot with the time with the boys!

good morning all

it was not a good evening yesterday with mil,she kept saying to her son,this is the first time I'm seeing you in a long time

then it was people were taking her towels out of the bathroom,and she wants them to stop it.by the 10 o' clock hr,I had a screaming headache,I don't usually have headaches, and my heart was pounding,so blood pressure must have been high,sigh, this too shall pass

So sorry! Hugs!

Started the day with kiddles spilling her entire glass of milk onto the couch/rug. And you know how nice milk is since you can't dig down and get it really out of the cushions! The cushions are covered, may have to take them off and try to wash them, but am afraid since they are some sort of ultra suede stuff!

Only a dusting last nite.....we should be okay till tomorrow when we have sleet then snow.

I AM DONE WITH WINTER!! Who's with me!

kuddles

I was finally feeling better... and then I woke up this morning with a sore throat. I think I overdid it yesterday. :( I did workout in the morning (I'd missed Friday; I did shovel snow that day though), and then I went shopping for an hour and then I shoveled more snow - had to try to scrape off the stuff I'd packed down with the car! I really, really, REALLY needed a nap, but by then it was too late. I knew if I napped then I'd take forever to get to sleep at night (yep, ADHD really does mess with your ability to sleep - knowing where it comes from now is somewhat comforting, but only somewhat ;P). Turned out I should have just napped. I still took forever to fall asleep, in spite of the fact that my head was nearly spinning by bedtime, and I kept waking up in the night. And now I've got a sore throat. Again. Thanks for coming back, sore throat, I really hated not feeling sick!  :rant  :rant  :rant

Good Morning Everyone!

That is so cute! He'll be so excited when it's finally done. Maybe I should take the little guy with me to the fabric store someday and see if we can find a pattern he likes. Though last time I looked for patterns for him I ended up foaming at the mouth because the only people the pattern designers are designing for lately is girls who love frilly dresses. There's nothing for boys and there's nothing for girls like I was when I was a kid!

I'm so glad you liked it! You've sent me so many nice ones that I wanted to get a nice one done late rather than a plain one done during Queen Month. :) The pattern is, of course, from our own AngelRoseLite! Haha, the woman at the post office told me it was estimated to arrive Friday, but it didn't occur to me that would be Valentine's day!

good morning all

Oh hon.  :hug That's got to be so hard for all three of you.

Ok, gotta go - just got a request for a story!

Hi all!

I hope you are all ok and that you've had an alright weekend.

Its not been so fantastic here (as is the norm at the moment). I haven't had any time to do anything because I've been trying to keep the girls away from their incredibly shouty and mean father. Its about time that I admitted that but its so sad for me to do so. I am in a verbally abusive relationship. Me and my girls are subjected to screams and shouts about anything and everything. The tiniest thing just sets it off. I'm scared witless, if I'm honest. I have nowhere to turn here. I can't go to my Mums because my sister and her 2 sons live there and there seriously is not room. I don't have any friends here and no money or savings to do anything. I am in such a sticky situation and its scary. I need to figure out where I am going to go.

Sorry for putting a dampener on this thread but I just felt the need to have an outburst.

Hope you are all hooking away. I'm trying to unwind with some right now. :hug

Oh, hon. I'd wondered if something was wrong a few times, just the way you worded some things. Can you start putting some money aside now? I don't even know where to start; I only know resources in my area! *hugs*

Vent all you need. That's part of what we're here for! There is a way out, somehow, it's just got to be found.

Poor dear!

Gorgeous!

Great hat!

Yeah kiddles has been taking melatonin for a few years now.....just one mgs does it for her. I tried it a few times, nothing. Even taking 5 did nothing for me. So....thanks but been there, tried that! Sigh.....

Glad the back is a bit better at least! Woot with the time with the boys!

So sorry! Hugs!

Started the day with kiddles spilling her entire glass of milk onto the couch/rug. And you know how nice milk is since you can't dig down and get it really out of the cushions! The cushions are covered, may have to take them off and try to wash them, but am afraid since they are some sort of ultra suede stuff!

Only a dusting last nite.....we should be okay till tomorrow when we have sleet then snow.

I AM DONE WITH WINTER!! Who's with me!

kuddles

well, guess it works for some, and not others.

Hi all!

I hope you are all ok and that you've had an alright weekend.

Its not been so fantastic here (as is the norm at the moment). I haven't had any time to do anything because I've been trying to keep the girls away from their incredibly shouty and mean father. Its about time that I admitted that but its so sad for me to do so. I am in a verbally abusive relationship. Me and my girls are subjected to screams and shouts about anything and everything. The tiniest thing just sets it off. I'm scared witless, if I'm honest. I have nowhere to turn here. I can't go to my Mums because my sister and her 2 sons live there and there seriously is not room. I don't have any friends here and no money or savings to do anything. I am in such a sticky situation and its scary. I need to figure out where I am going to go.

Sorry for putting a dampener on this thread but I just felt the need to have an outburst.

Hope you are all hooking away. I'm trying to unwind with some right now. :hug

so sorry to hear of this, and you and those precious angels going through verbal abuse get a clue mr. skoggs, man up and be a proper daddy and hubby!!

sorry you all had to hear that rant.

Archived