Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No no baby yet. She's in a lot of pain and I'm sure I'm here for the duration of the night into tomorrow . The nurse gave her some pain meds and she is resting right now.

Yes see if there are shelters there that can help.

I'm so sorry you and the girls have to go through that. If you were I would offer you a place to stay till you got on your feet. Can't see anyone going through this. Life is to short for all that. No one should have to live in fear.

Hi all!

I hope you are all ok and that you've had an alright weekend.

Its not been so fantastic here (as is the norm at the moment). I haven't had any time to do anything because I've been trying to keep the girls away from their incredibly shouty and mean father. Its about time that I admitted that but its so sad for me to do so. I am in a verbally abusive relationship. Me and my girls are subjected to screams and shouts about anything and everything. The tiniest thing just sets it off. I'm scared witless, if I'm honest. I have nowhere to turn here. I can't go to my Mums because my sister and her 2 sons live there and there seriously is not room. I don't have any friends here and no money or savings to do anything. I am in such a sticky situation and its scary. I need to figure out where I am going to go.

Sorry for putting a dampener on this thread but I just felt the need to have an outburst.

Hope you are all hooking away. I'm trying to unwind with some right now. :hug

My heart goes out to you! I hope a solution presents itself honey!

kuddles

and good morning to all. I was without internet from the time kiddles and I got home about noon till it came back on at bedtime! I called for a service appt and now I will call to cancel. It does goes out here and there but never stays off as long as it did yesterday. Oh well, it is back for now!

Kiddles will be going to work with me today - she is thrilled! I loaded 3 movies onto my nook for her to watch.

I was awake and up at 4......at least it gives me some alone time! LOL

Take care and have a good day all!

kuddles

Still no baby yet. She is only dilated to 3 and the doctor will be in at 8 and then will give her medicine to start the dilating faster. My oh my I woke up with a headache and back is not grand. I'm sitting a lot and doing okay.

Still no baby yet. She is only dilated to 3 and the doctor will be in at 8 and then will give her medicine to start the dilating faster. My oh my I woke up with a headache and back is not grand. I'm sitting a lot and doing okay.

I hope you feel better! Can't wait to hear the baby has arrived!

kuddles

Good Morning!

Kuddles, sounds like you and Kiddles are all ready for the day.

greenowlcrochet, the hat is very pretty.

owlvamp, hope the baby gets here soon and the labor is not too hard.

pineknott, I hope today is a better day for you.

Katie, Hi!

crsheridan, it's good to hear from you.

Skoggy, I'm sorry you are going through that, I hope things change soon.

grannyannie, that is a beautiful square.

Dragnlady, Hello!

Vikingrunnergirl, There are more patterns for the girls than the boys but I still have fun making things for both. For my grandson I make button down shirts with cute/fun fabrics, I applique t-shirts for him and make vests and cargo pants too. There are also a lot of patterns from other companies that might offer some different ideas for you. I’ve used patterns from Martha Pullen and Children’s Corner for overalls and jon-jons/rompers for boys. I hope you’re feeling better today, sore throats are miserable.

The church did a pot luck dinner last night as a going away party for my daughter and son-in-law, they have both grown up in and worked for the church, and the pastor encouraged everyone to give them a “green palm blessing” to help them with the new direction God is sending them in, I’m sure they were well blessed last night which will be great help with the move, God is so good.

I’m still working on the dinosaur, should be finished today and then it will be on to a smocked baby dress for a gift. I also want to look through my crochet doll furniture pattern and maybe start on some for my granddaughter’s doll house. I love having an extra day off.

Ok, enough rambling. Have a great day everyone.

Cody is here. 7 lbs 12 oz. 19 inches long. She had to have him c-section. She dilated to 5 almost but he just wasn't far enough down. Plus umbilica cord was wrapped around his neck . They are bringing her up from recovery room now.

Yeah.....hope he is doing great!

Cody is here. 7 lbs 12 oz. 19 inches long. She had to have him c-section. She dilated to 5 almost but he just wasn't far enough down. Plus umbilica cord was wrapped around his neck . They are bringing her up from recovery room now.

Yay! Hope baby and mom are doing well.

Several inches on the ground....and more coming......will be a messy drive home today!

kuddles

Yuck. Hope you are keeping warm.

Hi Everyone!  Just a quick check in tonight.  We actually had sunshine today, but it was freezing!  More snow expected tomorrow, YUCK! I'm with you Kuddles, bring on springtime, lol.

owlvamp, so good to hear that Cody has arrived!!!!  Hope he and mama are doing well.  Congrats.

Skoggy, oh hon, I had a feeling you were going thru this.  As was mentioned to you already, here in the states there are organizations that would take you and the kids in and help you get on your feet.  Look up crisis centers to see if you have any.  There is no reason you should have to go thru this.  Sending hugs and prayers and will keep you in my thoughts (((hugs)))

Viking, hope you feel better soon. 

Hi all,

Sunshiney day, after a brief and minimal snow shower or two overnight, we reached 50 something today, the week ahead is also going to be sping like, hooray!!

Welcome to the world Little Cody Bug!!!!!!!!! Congrats to mom and sandra too!!!!!!

I must believe that more spring like weather, will spur and inspire me out of my evrything else but a few squares slump, lol Just can't think of much to crochet these days, or whom here to donate it to anymore. I don't feel inspired anymore.......Ah well, it will return, it always does.......Maybe I will take this time to learn something new, from you tube huh, we'll see!!!!

So much trouble with warmer weather melting the slopes and jumps and stuff at Sochi, so many are taking falls, and such, I think they should have called them and had them if and when the weather is more cooperative, but that is just my opinion.

I still feel like yarn shopping though, lol Ill just stock pile some more till i find a use for it all......Might look up some things made from homespun, as I have some of that, or jiffy yarns, that might give me a change of yarns anyway...

well, that is all, good luck in the weather everyone that needs it, we are in the clear for at least a week, or more. Take care.....

Mom and baby are doing awesome. She's been getting up and walking. So things are doing good so far. She feels better in mind that everything went well.

Good Morning Squares!!!  Rise and Shine!  Up and At 'Em! Time to get movin'!  :lol  I'm severely sleep deprived, can you tell? LOL!  I made a few more squares yesterday, so whenever I get a few $$$ I'll be able to send some puffy's out to a few of you wonderful squares!  I just hope that is soon.  I've been on a dishcloth making spree lately too.  Most of them are knitted, but they are keeping busy in between breaks from the knitted sweater that I'm learning to make.  That is fun, but I get stressed out at times too, so when that happens out comes the dishcloth, lol.  OH!  I know what I wanted to ask.  Have any of you tried arm knitting?  I keep seeing it being pushed on different sites and I know my oldest granddaughter learned it at Brownies a month or so back.   I just thought it might be something different to try for those of you that are going thru a lull in your crochet mood lately.  OH!  another question, lol!  I've already asked Tampa Doll, but  maybe someone here has a different point/idea.  My SIL is coming to visit later this week and she is looking for me to teach her how to make hair for dolls that she has started making.  I have no idea what kind of doll they are, lol, so that doesn't help.  My dh volunteered my services.  He thinks I'm a crochet wizard or something.  So kind of him, I wish that I was.  So,  I figured that you have to crochet some sort of a cap to attach the hair to (I have a link for one way to do this) and MaryJo has so kindly given me ideas on how to go about making the hair.  If any of you have made dolls/hair for dolls I sure could use your experienced advice.  Thanks.  Ok, I think I'm done now, lol.  We're expecting another snow storm today, possibly up to another foot!  WTH!!!  Enough already!  At least it's school vacation week, 

Hi all,

Sunshiney day, after a brief and minimal snow shower or two overnight, we reached 50 something today, the week ahead is also going to be sping like, hooray!!

Welcome to the world Little Cody Bug!!!!!!!!! Congrats to mom and sandra too!!!!!!

I must believe that more spring like weather, will spur and inspire me out of my evrything else but a few squares slump, lol Just can't think of much to crochet these days, or whom here to donate it to anymore. I don't feel inspired anymore.......Ah well, it will return, it always does.......Maybe I will take this time to learn something new, from you tube huh, we'll see!!!!

So much trouble with warmer weather melting the slopes and jumps and stuff at Sochi, so many are taking falls, and such, I think they should have called them and had them if and when the weather is more cooperative, but that is just my opinion.

I still feel like yarn shopping though, lol Ill just stock pile some more till i find a use for it all......Might look up some things made from homespun, as I have some of that, or jiffy yarns, that might give me a change of yarns anyway...

well, that is all, good luck in the weather everyone that needs it, we are in the clear for at least a week, or more. Take care.....

I'm so glad that you're having nice weather!  Can I come visit?  :lol

Mom and baby are doing awesome. She's been getting up and walking. So things are doing good so far. She feels better in mind that everything went well.

Awesome!  We're expecting pics very soon you know, lol.  I'm so glad that they are doing well.  It is better to get up and walk around, even if it hurts, it does help to heal faster.  I had both boys by c-sect way back in the olden days, lol.  But both of my DIL's have had to have c-sects also.  I hope your back is doing better.  Those hospital chairs don't do too well for a bad back, lol. 

Howdy all! Was a roller coaster ride home for sure.....took one hour instead of my usual 15 minutes! It was a wheel gribber for sure! And they had not plowed the complex yet so I almost didn't get in my driveway and it took several back and forths to get in the garage! Yikes! All cleared now but slick. Can't remember the last winter like this!

Another typical day, and kiddles is back to school today. She needs to be! She is much better with structure!

Take care all!

kuddles

Thanks everyone! I'm really enjoying him and so far he is so good.

Me on the other hand am hurting beyond anything I can tell you. These chairs are not sleeping material. My back is on fire and my neck is killing me. Tonight going home sleeping in my own bed. Another earlier rise for me tomorrow. Both hubby and I have doctors appointments.

Cody in the first picture and then Cody and Nana ... That's what they call me. I feel I'm to young to be called grandma . LOL

I love making wash clothes too. All month that's what I have been making. Plus making hand towels too. I really like them.

post-48736-0-33609000-1392726558_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-92401100-1392726722_thumb.jpg

Archived