Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GrannyAnnie- Glad today is a better day for you...I promised myself in 2013 I was going to stress less..Worked pretty good..I'm trying to remember in 2014...I'm doing pretty good, but sometimes I just think WHAT??...

cshort- :hug :hug :hug I'm sorry...It's hard with the kids moving away...My eldest is in Idaho and I'm in Oregon..I saw her for 30 mins last summer as I was passing through to go to Utah...And my second eldest is an hour and a half away and I hardly see her..Her work schedule is something to be desired...I'm thinking for Valentine's day to take the girls and go to her work with some flowers, candy and balloon bouquet..Her "boyfriend" didn't do a darn thing for her last year....I will stop my rant....POSITIVE THINKING....

Cindy- You gotta do what you gotta do for your family...My mom lives in Arizona and I would of liked to of stayed but like you we were drowning...Then when we moved back to Oregon we were homeless for 11 months with 6 kids....A friend took us in and we were grateful...I pray you and your husband make the BEST decision for you and your family....:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

MandyMae- Hello to you too...Bet your glad to be done with those gifts and shipped..So do you have anything on your hooks now, or are you taking a break......

This morning I just made the reservation to fly to Arizona to be with my mom....:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo  I'm sooooooooo darn excited....Then they want 20-75.00 for a bag..I told my mom I was going to ship some of my clothes,yarn,hooks,toiletries to her..I'm sure I could do it for not too much more than 30.00....My youngest is like "Your only going for 2 days right?"..I said No honey, more like 2 weeks....She's not too thrilled, but I promised her I'll send her a package and some letters...Then the older ones chimed in and they want a package too..Don't really care about the letter, but they want the package...lol..

I'm on row 6 of this graphghan..And my sister posted to me, you can make me one with love on it...I told her to BITE ME...I'm hoping it gets easier. Then my darn dogs are laying by me and my grandpuppy Connor just has to lay right by my bag of yarn...I told him he had to move, he just grunted at me and didn't have the decency to open his eyes..lol...It has stopped raining for a bit now..NO SNOW STILL..I'm glad, to the north and south of us, they got lots of snow...I love where I live...lol..(watch it'll start to snow now...) Have a WONDERFUL evening all....:hug :hug     

not at all to diminish anyone's posted problems and dilemmas, and illness's, as we all have that more than annoying hinderance in our lives, Im sure. When it happens to me, I just wait it out,do my best, and

know the universe will straighten things out, and lead me in the right direction. Cindy, Cshort, dragnlady, Owlvamp, Ann, and all those others hurting in some way, i have faith that there will be relief for you all soon.. Just let things calm down a bit they tell me, lol, and things will work themselves out. 

And to that means, I have much to catch up on, so won't comment on everyones post now, but know that I am always thinking of you all, and anytime, I mean anytime you have problems,if any of us here can help, we will, even if it is in the form of comiserating with you, or a solution, or prayer, or a warm hug....Consider it done, in my case......best of the best square family!!

Oh, Cindy! It's so hard when you're presented with a solution to a long-term problem but it's a solution you don't really want to take. With the two of you working together, I'm sure you'll be able to figure out what's best for your family. A friend of my mom's had her daughter move to Australia a few years ago! Her husband is from there originally, and when he lost his job here and couldn't find anything... well, they ended up in the same position you're in now, really. So, off they went. My mom's friend wasn't very happy about it, not at all, but... well, you have to do what you have to do for your family.

I totally sympathise with not wanting to take the girls from their daycare! We've been house hunting two years now and every time we've thought we've found something that would mean taking the little guy away from his friends and teachers I would get all upset. (However, we still haven't moved, so it hasn't become a problem. ;P )

I'm doing much better but am still running out of gas very easily. And my internet's about to cut out in ten minutes anyway so off to bed for me. Night, all!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANGELROSELITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm off to beddy bye....I'm on row 8 on the graphghan...Will be working on some squares soon...HUGS HUGS HUGS to everyone..Til tomorrow... 

Thanks for the birthday wishes! My SIL made a dinner to celebrate my and my youngest sister's birthdays. Another sister and her family joined us. We played Yahtzee and watched movies and just laughed and joked. It was a grand birthday. We are finally going to bed. I didn't even get to pick up a hook today. That's a first ever since I was on that weird funk and not crocheting. Tomorrow my youngest sister invited me to Medieval Times with her family as an extended birthday gift. Yay! I haven't been there in years. I will hopefully post pics for all to enjoy.

Happy Sunday!

Maria

Morning all! A few more inches of snow is down and temps will get down to -6 tonite. I sound like a broken record!

Playdate went great yesterday! They played in kiddle's room so I was basically 'alone'! Did some baking and cleaning up of the kitchen then sat down with the hook for a bit!

Today: walk at mall, homework, kiddles has lunch with her godmother (without me!) and then the usual rest of the day.

Hugs to all!

kuddles

MandyMae- Hello to you too...Bet your glad to be done with those gifts and shipped..So do you have anything on your hooks now, or are you taking a break......

I have another project on the hook! My cousin asked me to make an afghan for him, so I got that going! It's camo variegated with bright orange. He's a hunter so he's loving the color combo :)

Cindy: I'm thinking of you and your family...sending positive thoughts that you and the hubby will be able to come to a decision soon and be at peace. (((HUGS)))

Happy Belated Birthday, AngelRoseLite!!! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

I only had a minute to pop in, catch up, and say "HI" to Everyone...I'll try to visit again later!!!

Hello!

Cindy, praying for your family. I hope all works out.

I went to church and had lunch with family. I didn't bring my grandkids home with me like I usually do on Sunday because they had a birthday party to go to so I am having a quiet afternoon with my yarn and hook.

hello to all, dang cold here too, Handydan has been busy with frozen pipes  for some, and more cold and snow coming as well..

Looks like we all have been keeping busy!!..

My back is a bit out of sorts the last couple of days, so have been laying low so as not to aggravate it, it's not bad, just a little irritating sometimes.

But all else is well, and I have been busy the last few days, sorting out my squares patterns to be, lol and have gotten another almost ready to type out. I hate writing them out, it's the worst part of the process for me, Id much rather just create them, lol but with one, comes the other, and I try, I really do, lol.....

Oh my, glad kiddles play date went well, glad jillipop feels a bit better,and viking too, Lacey, anyone else i missed you too, lol

Hugs to all, I was waiting on a reply from our new member, Jessica5966, as to preferences, and since I got that tonight, i may start tomorrow on some all varigated squares, any color and size, as long as they are varigated, so that might be a change of pace for me....

Ok, well, that's it for me, taking a nice hot shower soon, an ibuprofen or two, and bed here I come, lol least to watch some tv, IF there is anything on that is,........take care all, till later!

Good morning! Well......'good'........it IS Monday which means back to work/school and it IS below zero out there so........well, it IS a good morning! We have our health, a warm place to stay, food on the table and each other! Woot!

Hope you all have a great day!

kuddles

Good Morning everyone. How is everybody? Been a busy busy weekend I almost look forward to going to work to relax. LOL  12 degrees out this morning. I will be glad when spring gets here. give me 65 - 70 degree weather year round and I will be satisfied. 

Had 2 great services yesterday. Pastor man was all fired up. Healing tears and laughter all make for a good service.

Have a great day everyone

Good morning ladies!

Hope everyone's weekend was wonderful other than fixing frozen pipes. That does stink. Need to wrap those pipes up so those babies stay warm. Weather has actually been nice out here. No snow thank goodness or rain. I need my grass to grow and can't stand mud.

Wheeee! I got a lovely parcel today! A package of loveliness from our fearless leader :D

Katy, thank you so much for your lovely squares (2 8"ers and 12 4"ers) and gifts for the Skogglets. :hug

post-54070-0-84248300-1392040497_thumb.jpg

post-54070-0-30884300-1392040591_thumb.jpg

We've never had Animal Crackers before. However, they are a roaring success. Another thing to add onto my favourite edibles from the USA.

(FYI Isabel is blowing a raspberry hence the strange face :lol )

-12 this morning. Brr!!! Hubs is doing job searches in MO this morning. That would put us much closer to my MIL. I would like that. He's also going to call his old supervisors from the shipyard in VA. We shall see.....

Wheeee! I got a lovely parcel today! A package of loveliness from our fearless leader :D

Katy, thank you so much for your lovely squares (2 8"ers and 12 4"ers) and gifts for the Skogglets. :hug

We've never had Animal Crackers before. However, they are a roaring success. Another thing to add onto my favourite edibles from the USA.

(FYI Isabel is blowing a raspberry hence the strange face :lol )

Yay for squares and Animal Crackers! Mmm...Animal Crackers...

Pineknott--Could you send me an apartment guide? That would be great. I don't need classifieds just yet.

Hubs talked to the branch head down in VA. He says the refueling division (the one dh used to work for) is going to be doubling in size and will be hiring like crazy! They will also be in much need of experienced RCTs (radiological controls technicians), which dh is one. He is going to talk to someone TODAY about getting dh hired, even before the jobs open up on USAJobs! Wow.....

I talked to my mom last night about us possibly moving to MO (its closer and less scary; I haven't broken the VA idea to her yet) and she flipped a lid when I said we might move without her. I can't help it. I can't make life decisions based on how they affect her. If I have to go, I have to go. She can follow when she can. I'm not responsible for her. My MIL knows what we are considering, and the impact it will have on her, but she wholeheartedly supports us and will do whatever she can to help. I love her. She's so well balanced.

Pineknott--Could you send me an apartment guide? That would be great. I don't need classifieds just yet.

Hubs talked to the branch head down in VA. He says the refueling division (the one dh used to work for) is going to be doubling in size and will be hiring like crazy! They will also be in much need of experienced RCTs (radiological controls technicians), which dh is one. He is going to talk to someone TODAY about getting dh hired, even before the jobs open up on USAJobs! Wow.....

I talked to my mom last night about us possibly moving to MO (its closer and less scary; I haven't broken the VA idea to her yet) and she flipped a lid when I said we might move without her. I can't help it. I can't make life decisions based on how they affect her. If I have to go, I have to go. She can follow when she can. I'm not responsible for her. My MIL knows what we are considering, and the impact it will have on her, but she wholeheartedly supports us and will do whatever she can to help. I love her. She's so well balanced.

LOL, Bill is at Farm Fresh,I called him and said on your way out pick up an apartment guide,so consider it done

Archived