Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Doing good this morning. Well in a little pain but hoping for it to go away.

Good morning all!

Yeah if I would of smelled it too I wouldn't of never gotten it either. But I didn't realize I even had the scented ones. Only three and I made a hand towel and wash cloth. I wonder if the smell ever goes out of it after a few washes.

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning Lovely Squares!  Hurray, no migraine today!!!!  Now I just have to deal with the aftermath and then I should be good for a while.  Yippee!  I don't know how much snow we ended up with, but it finally stopped and the sun is shinning and it's gorgeous out today!  Well, that's only because I don't have to go out in it, lol.  Hubby will be doing some more clean up after he finishes walking the dog.  I'll have a cuppa coffee waiting for him.  Hey, I'm doing my part, right? LOL!  Actually I really wish that I could go out and help him shovel.  I miss that fresh air exercise, but it isn't to be, so I have to just smile and let it go.  It is what it is...

I didn't get any crocheting done yesterday, but I did finish up a knitted dish cloth.  It's a pretty heart pattern.  I can't remember the name off the top of my head.  If anyone is interested I can let you know later.  So that's all for me.  Take care, be well, and stay warm! (((hugs)))

yeah ann, i don't go often, sometimes dd will trim it, but it has gone on to long for even her expertise, lol Soooo when the sun comes out and the cold goes away, im on my way to the hair dressers, for sure!!!!! Bet that scared your hubby, lol men hate change!

Stunned is more like it, lol.  The funny thing is he is the one that kept pushing me to go get my hair cut! LOL!  For over a month he kept saying how a hair cut would make me feel better, lol, well it did/does! LOL.  

Hi, Everyone.
Not much going on here, except I think I'm getting sick again (or I'm just not completely over the last virus). I was up most of the night coughing from post nasal drip, and my stomach has been rolling all day. Having some peppermint green tea to try to calm the stomach, and I'm heading to bed. I *so* do not want to be sick any longer (or again). This is the pits.
It's been warmer and rainy in NC. No snow, but with the way I'm feeling, I sure could use a snow day! Stay warm and safe, all...(((HUGS))!

Oh no!, feel better (((hugs)))

I understand the men sorry ladies but I don't like change either . My middle child is the same way . She doesn't like change. It takes us a while to adapt. LOL

see above, lol.

Yikes! All that snow! You poor thing!

Thanks for my do over! And yes, kids can be so mean.......I was 'Fatso' growing up. She started her social worker minutes this week so I emailed the social worker to keep her up on what happened so she can talk to her about it. Being a kid is hard!

Wow on the haircut! I would do the same!

best of luck with the social worker...

Feel better! Big hugs!

I've 'smelled' those in the store and no way! I can't handle any scents so you can imagine what those would do to me!

Well good morning to everyone! Been awake since 2, got up finally at 3:30. My usual 'only sleep every other nite'. I started a load of laundry to make it worth my while! LOL

I hope you all have a good day (or better day for those of us that need a do over!). I'm off to look up some stuff on the web...will it be WW recipes, crochet, sewing, my etsy shop..........who knows! Probably all! It's only 4 am!

kuddles

You were getting up just about the time I was going to bed, lol!

Right, assignment in for marking! Now a whole month of revision for the end module thesis. :D

So, how is everyone doing at the moment? Good I hope.

Now I've not go anything to write for a while, I am gonna crack on with testing Cindys motif and working on a scarf for our lovely grannyannie's charity work. <3

You're a sweetie! (((hugs)))

Good Morning Sunshine!! IT's a clear sunny day, still bitterly cold, but you know, we have to be happy with whatever we have I guess, tis the way of the universe I guess....And if and when the universe sees fit to swing a different way for all of us, we do with what we got, and move on, right!!

i get so much inspiration from just reading these posts everyday, a little peek into others lives, a little taste of life from a different view, interesting, inspiring, amusing, and entertaining at times and certainly most wise, and hopeful, and optimistic as well. It's a special and most enjoyed "treat" I get everyday....Thank you all, for that!!!!!

Oh, i can't wait for skoggy to get her puffy!!! I hope she likes it, and I hope it gets there soon!!!!!!!

I learned too from cindy a little bit about rich text format, and had i known that when i sent Dragnlady out a pattern to test for me, she would not probably had to download something that would open it, but she did it, and kudos to her for knowing that, cause I didn't lol.....Learn something everyday, huh!

A big thank you Kristy, and to cindy too, for testing, and helping me with the wording, I sure appreciate it more than I can say! People here at the ville, and most especially on this thread, are the berry best!!!!!!!!!! Hi Ann, jillipop, holly, kuddles,Lilmama, muttcuts, and both jessicas, and  Sandra,cshort, Kristy, cindy, pineknott, and viking, and Imafreak, and and and, I know I forgot some, bgs, hi, and rusty's mom, and crochetfreak, and angel, and all you others I can't think of anymore names right now, Hi and glad to see you posting!! take care all, angel, don't get "overheated" there in sunny cal, ok, lol -1 here, as I type!

Hello Ladies!!

A year ago I came on this site and asked for help.. I was trying to complete a quiltghan for an event and was running out of time. I only had a month. Well, the event got put off until this year. Had I known I would not have had to have help. But nevertheless I asked and I received!! some generous ladies came to the rescue and sent many saltines that I had requested to help me finish. The event was held this last weekend and this quiltghan raised 300$ for the local cattlewomen's association that I belong to. The funds were used for scholarship given to a local teen starting college.

A special THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! goes out to

KATIEALLEN,  PINEKNOTT, AND BUSY-BEE! There were also a couple more but alas! I lost the envelopes and forgot the names. You know who you were and your help was greatly appreciated!! I am trying to post a pic of the finished quiltghan. I got the pattern off ravelry. Thank you so much again. this site has the most giving,, generous, and kindhearted ladies on God's green earth!!!

post-26273-0-12207300-1391708001_thumb.jpg

Beautiful afghan. What's the name of the pattern.

I agree with you we have the most generous people right here . I love you all and love being here.

It is wonderful to escape to the iPad to come to just read all your post. Katy couldn't of said it better. We all learn from each other.

wow, hi ya hearshy!!! Good to hear from you, and that quilt ghan, breath- taking!!!  You are most welcome for whatever part my little white saltines had in your finished product, we are amazed here, by everyone's talent, generosity, and how willing everyone is to help someone in need. I commend you for coming back, when it was finished, and showing us your work of art...This seems to be much too rare sometimes, and besides, we love eye candy!!!

Thank you for letting me, and the others that got  the opportunity to participate in your beautiful quilt ghan!  

Katy--Check your email!

Hello Ladies!!

A year ago I came on this site and asked for help.. I was trying to complete a quiltghan for an event and was running out of time. I only had a month. Well, the event got put off until this year. Had I known I would not have had to have help. But nevertheless I asked and I received!! some generous ladies came to the rescue and sent many saltines that I had requested to help me finish. The event was held this last weekend and this quiltghan raised 300$ for the local cattlewomen's association that I belong to. The funds were used for scholarship given to a local teen starting college.

A special THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! goes out to

KATIEALLEN,  PINEKNOTT, AND BUSY-BEE! There were also a couple more but alas! I lost the envelopes and forgot the names. You know who you were and your help was greatly appreciated!! I am trying to post a pic of the finished quiltghan. I got the pattern off ravelry. Thank you so much again. this site has the most giving,, generous, and kindhearted ladies on God's green earth!!!

That is so amazing! I'm glad that it was so successful and the ladies here were able to help you out.

Katy--I just have to tell you. I frogged the light blue rounds from my first attempt (using the G hook; it came out way too small) and used the long tail from the orange round to make a loop. Now my 3yo daughter is walking around with it hanging on her finger, like an ornament, and she keeps saying "I love my flower ornament! Its mine!" I love that my girls appreciate yarny works of art!

Im glad, lol, she has her own flowie nowie!! My cat max is my biggest fan! He doesn't even care if it's just yarn!!! lol

Katy--I just have to tell you. I frogged the light blue rounds from my first attempt (using the G hook; it came out way too small) and used the long tail from the orange round to make a loop. Now my 3yo daughter is walking around with it hanging on her finger, like an ornament, and she keeps saying "I love my flower ornament! Its mine!" I love that my girls appreciate yarny works of art!

Hello!!

It's been a super busy week and I haven't been here for 3 or 4 days. There is no way I'll get caught up with all the post so I am just going to say "Hi!"

Thank you GrannieAnnie for my puffy..I LOVE the squares and LOVE the dishclohs..It made a dreary,rainy day brighter...

post-17852-0-43850200-1391734944.jpg

Hello to everyone..Hope you all had a great day..The weatherman says we're supposed to get some snow, I'm hoping not..The girls don't have school tomorrow anyway, but I still don't want the white stuff...

Katy- my puppy Java stole a brand new skein of pink yarn...I had it on my bed and he came in sniffing it...I said 'NO JAVA"..He bit it and jumped and ran...He dropped it before he hid under the chair...He's a little devil, that one is...

Hershey- Your afghan turned out WONDERFUL...Soooo glad it raised alot of money for your cause...What a treasure..And I agree we have some pretty AWESOME people in our little part of the net...

Awww Cindy- I can just picture your little one...When my 6th was little she would run up to me and say "NO CROCHET mom"...I'm sooo glad she's out of that stage now....

I'm ready for the crochet games to begin..Just waiting til the morning....That will be 1 present done for my daughter for her birthday in April....  

Crochet games of Ancient Greece! There's a thread on it; too tired to find right now... (On phone rather than laptop). I'm trying it too.

Beautiful afghan, Hershey! I remember that; I have one of her patterns saved in my ravelry list that I found from that request!

Love your little girl, Cindy. :) Little Viking's the same age, and everything is beautiful right now - he makes things beautiful with stickers and crayons and paints. He opened a box of my projects and it had "beautiful yawn!" And he likes to play with his own "sho-hay hook". :D

Should have been asleep an hour ago. At least I've been laying down in bed!

Hi everybody,

I was here today.  I was knitting on my afghan.  The color is red that I am using. This afternoon I stopped before finishing the last red strip. I will finish it tomorrow morning sometime.  Glad to see so many of you are staying busy. 

Good morning all!

Another frigid day here so just going to try to stay warm! Kiddles has school but....wait for it.....I'm off work (president's day off today and not later in the month) so I plan to have a jolly good time on my own! Walk at the mall, errands done today instead of tomorrow, get the house in order.....that way tomorrow can be 'easier'.

Big hugs to all!

kuddles

Good morning ladies!

Didn't sleep as well as I would have liked. My back hurt some and so did my knee. Today going to go get the boys. I'm so excited and need to figure what will do this weekend. I will plan on the back home while talking to the boys.

Got everybody where they needed to be this morning .. Going to go jump in the shower. Will check back in with you all later.

Was a very hectic day yesterday. Up until noon it was a great day.  About 11 I went to WEDNYS to get lunch for me and my client. But then I started getting very lightheaded and dizzy. I wanted so bad to just go lay down. I left work an hour early cause my belly started turning. I knew if I got Sick at work Laura would be worried about me till Saturday when I went over there again. I got home and took my lap top and crochet to the couch with a blanket. Ended up in the bathroom getting sick. Then back to the couch. A little while later I got to looking for my glasses so I could crochet. Couldn't find them anywhere. About turned the entire couch upside down. Had all the cushions off. Then I realized my crochet hook was gone. So the hunt for it began. In the middle of all this my daughters dad  called. I gave SheaLynn the phone and started looking again. Then I stopped and was thinking where could it be and rested my hand on my chest... I felt something that normally wasn't there. I looked and there was my hook. It suddenly dawned on me. I had it sitting on my keyboard and Someone messaged me on Facebook. So I had to move it. So for safe keeping I put it under my bra strap and it must have slid down cause when I found it In my bra. Then Heidi said something about being sick and I remembered I took my glasses off in the bathroom when I got sick. Later Heidi went to the house of the lady We are trying to help that just left an abusive relationship. I get a phone call from her saying she got stuck in the snow and ice. So me and Shane head over there And Pastor meets us there and the three of us push her out of the snow. I am manage to fall in the snow bank we pushed her out of.  Lord let today be a better day. 

Archived