Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zumba is hard work! Fun, but hard work. Our local library's annual book fair is held at the middle school, and the school always does their wellness festival at the same time. Last year - no, two years ago, when we went there were free Zumba sessions going on, and we stopped in for a bit to hear the music - little guy pulled us in, actually. I've got an adorable video of him Zumba-ing to Lady Gaga on my phone, still. :) He was only about a year and a half then, but he did start trying to mimic the moves the women were doing!

I really enjoyed it but my thoghs still hurt lol Tomorrow I will do it again lol.  HAHA I bet watching him try to Zumba was so cute.

Hello all. Hope everyone had a decent day today. Been upset all night and not been in the right state of mind.

Just wanted to check in on everyone.

Good night !

Hugs :hug

Katy I got your pattern and square today. I am downloaded openfreely because I didnt have a program that would open a wps file.

Sigh.............and cold. Roads to work were awful! Barely got up one incline getting kiddles to school. Stayed in my trailer all day, ride home much better. Kiddles was upset by some kids that teased her.....sigh..........

I want a do over!

kuddles

Late Breaking news.... A DO over allowed to Kuddles today, commencing tomorrow am......

I really enjoyed it but my thoghs still hurt lol Tomorrow I will do it again lol.  HAHA I bet watching him try to Zumba was so cute.

Hugs :hug

Katy I got your pattern and square today. I am downloaded openfreely because I didnt have a program that would open a wps file.

Cindy and Dragnlady, glad you got the pattern AND the square, I did do that good huh, lol kudos Katie!!

Got the square, Katy. I don't know if I'll start it tonight, but will definitely start by tomorrow.

Sorry for the trouble opening it, it was my first time ever sending a doc. via email, had to call daughter for help!! Glad you received it though Dragnlady, Cindy, did you have any problems with getting the pattern???? And what did you download to open it then, Kristy??? Is this something i should have as well, lol looks like another call to daughter in the near future!

Hello Squares!  Sorry that I've been MIA.  It's day 3 with a migraine so I've been in bed most of the time.  Today we're having a huge snowstorm, hubby is out snowblowing again.  I think we have at least 10" so far and it's still coming down, yuck!  I want summer sun! LOL!  Sorry that I'm not responding to everyone individually, but I just don't have it in me tonight to go thru/comprehend all the posts I've missed.  I hope you are all well and I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers (((hugs)))

prayers continue for you hubby,Cindy

sure wish that new kiddo wouldn't lean on your bladder,so you could get some restful sleep

Grannie Annie

thank you so much for my squares,your puffy did a lot to cheer me up yesterday

I'm so glad that they made it safe and sound and cheered you up! (((hugs)))

Sigh.............and cold. Roads to work were awful! Barely got up one incline getting kiddles to school. Stayed in my trailer all day, ride home much better. Kiddles was upset by some kids that teased her.....sigh..........

I want a do over!

kuddles

A do over is definitely in order for you!  And those meanies need to be taught a lesson!  No teasing, it's not nice!

I need to get my hair trimmed up, I fear the layers have all grown into one solid length, as it is h e double toothpicks to style, I hate it when it gets to this point!!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrr.

Lol, did I tell you that I got my hair cut the other day?  I hadn't realized how long it had gotten.  Dear hubby brought me into the salon and was sitting in the chair across the room from me so it was me, the stylist and then him.  He couldn't see me really.  Well, the stylist took the first cut and all he saw was this long piece of hair fall to the floor and his chin almost hit the floor! LOL!  She cut about 7 inches off!  OMG  it was too funny to see his reaction.  He didn't mind after, he really likes the haircut, but he thought I was just getting an inch or two cut off, lol!  Surprise!  If I'm only going once or twice a year I'm going to make it worth my money, lol.

Oh!  Cindy, I forgot to tell you that I am praying for you and your DH that he gets the job!  I understand, my hubby has been out of work since Nov and living on my disablity check just isn't cutting it.  Sending hugs your way...

yeah ann, i don't go often, sometimes dd will trim it, but it has gone on to long for even her expertise, lol Soooo when the sun comes out and the cold goes away, im on my way to the hair dressers, for sure!!!!! Bet that scared your hubby, lol men hate change!

Hi, Everyone.

Not much going on here, except I think I'm getting sick again (or I'm just not completely over the last virus). I was up most of the night coughing from post nasal drip, and my stomach has been rolling all day. Having some peppermint green tea to try to calm the stomach, and I'm heading to bed. I *so* do not want to be sick any longer (or again). This is the pits.

It's been warmer and rainy in NC. No snow, but with the way I'm feeling, I sure could use a snow day! Stay warm and safe, all...(((HUGS))!

Late Breaking news.... A DO over allowed to Kuddles today, commencing tomorrow am......

Cindy and Dragnlady, glad you got the pattern AND the square, I did do that good huh, lol kudos Katie!!

Sorry for the trouble opening it, it was my first time ever sending a doc. via email, had to call daughter for help!! Glad you received it though Dragnlady, Cindy, did you have any problems with getting the pattern???? And what did you download to open it then, Kristy??? Is this something i should have as well, lol looks like another call to daughter in the near future!

Open Freely is what I downloaded. Open Office is also a free download that works great It take the place of Word Perfect.

I just finished writing up the pattern. I will email it back to you. 

Just finished another hand towel and a couple wash clothes. I actually had one of the cotton yarns with scent and it really stinks. Well that's what I think. I couldn't figure out the smell and kept looking around where I sit and the held up the yarn and daughter must of read it and said it was my yarn . It's Peaches & Creme floral bouquet. Got this one by mistake.

yeah ann, i don't go often, sometimes dd will trim it, but it has gone on to long for even her expertise, lol Soooo when the sun comes out and the cold goes away, im on my way to the hair dressers, for sure!!!!! Bet that scared your hubby, lol men hate change!

I understand the men sorry ladies but I don't like change either . My middle child is the same way . She doesn't like change. It takes us a while to adapt. LOL

Open Freely is what I downloaded. Open Office is also a free download that works great It take the place of Word Perfect.

I just finished writing up the pattern. I will email it back to you. 

So, .wps is Word Perfect? Hmm...

Try sending the pattern to Katy by saving the document in Rich Text Format. I've been told that should be readable on all different computers and "word" programs.

Hello Squares!  Sorry that I've been MIA.  It's day 3 with a migraine so I've been in bed most of the time.  Today we're having a huge snowstorm, hubby is out snowblowing again.  I think we have at least 10" so far and it's still coming down, yuck!  I want summer sun! LOL!  Sorry that I'm not responding to everyone individually, but I just don't have it in me tonight to go thru/comprehend all the posts I've missed.  I hope you are all well and I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers (((hugs)))

A do over is definitely in order for you!  And those meanies need to be taught a lesson!  No teasing, it's not nice!

Lol, did I tell you that I got my hair cut the other day?  I hadn't realized how long it had gotten.  Dear hubby brought me into the salon and was sitting in the chair across the room from me so it was me, the stylist and then him.  He couldn't see me really.  Well, the stylist took the first cut and all he saw was this long piece of hair fall to the floor and his chin almost hit the floor! LOL!  She cut about 7 inches off!  OMG  it was too funny to see his reaction.  He didn't mind after, he really likes the haircut, but he thought I was just getting an inch or two cut off, lol!  Surprise!  If I'm only going once or twice a year I'm going to make it worth my money, lol.

Yikes! All that snow! You poor thing!

Thanks for my do over! And yes, kids can be so mean.......I was 'Fatso' growing up. She started her social worker minutes this week so I emailed the social worker to keep her up on what happened so she can talk to her about it. Being a kid is hard!

Wow on the haircut! I would do the same!

Hi, Everyone.

Not much going on here, except I think I'm getting sick again (or I'm just not completely over the last virus). I was up most of the night coughing from post nasal drip, and my stomach has been rolling all day. Having some peppermint green tea to try to calm the stomach, and I'm heading to bed. I *so* do not want to be sick any longer (or again). This is the pits.

It's been warmer and rainy in NC. No snow, but with the way I'm feeling, I sure could use a snow day! Stay warm and safe, all...(((HUGS))!

Feel better! Big hugs!

Just finished another hand towel and a couple wash clothes. I actually had one of the cotton yarns with scent and it really stinks. Well that's what I think. I couldn't figure out the smell and kept looking around where I sit and the held up the yarn and daughter must of read it and said it was my yarn . It's Peaches & Creme floral bouquet. Got this one by mistake.

I've 'smelled' those in the store and no way! I can't handle any scents so you can imagine what those would do to me!

Well good morning to everyone! Been awake since 2, got up finally at 3:30. My usual 'only sleep every other nite'. I started a load of laundry to make it worth my while! LOL

I hope you all have a good day (or better day for those of us that need a do over!). I'm off to look up some stuff on the web...will it be WW recipes, crochet, sewing, my etsy shop..........who knows! Probably all! It's only 4 am!

kuddles

Right, assignment in for marking! Now a whole month of revision for the end module thesis. :D

So, how is everyone doing at the moment? Good I hope.

Now I've not go anything to write for a while, I am gonna crack on with testing Cindys motif and working on a scarf for our lovely grannyannie's charity work. <3

Archived