Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Angel they are both definately useable.

I'm really glad.  Again, sorry it took so long.  Are you close to finishing your afghan?  I thought I was, but then I saw I needed more squares.  Oops!  I will update the count soon.

So many pretty squares.

Becca :hug sorry about your neighbor.  Definately try the fuzzy yarn again with a larger hook at the  least a K ( I think that is a 6.5mm)  and crochet loose. 

Oh Kuddles sorry for Lucky's puddles, at least Kiddles is housebroke, oh I mean potty trained and you aren't dealing with both simultaneously. 

Linda hope it's better now.

Katie,I can sympathize. I break out from a lot of things too, poison ivy, talc and do you know how many things they put talc in, dry bleach like oxyclean and whatever they put in laundry detergent.  Regular old chlorox no problem.  I could bathe in it but stick my arm in the washing machine with oxyclean and it is beet red when I pull it out. I get huge welts from tick bites and mosquito bites.

Sandra, sorry you are having pain, hope it quits soon.  No help here on the upside down pictures.  Glad you shared them even if they were upside down. 

Rusty's mom glad you explained the two names.

So many pretty squares.

Becca :hug sorry about your neighbor.  Definately try the fuzzy yarn again with a larger hook at the  least a K ( I think that is a 6.5mm)  and crochet loose. 

Oh Kuddles sorry for Lucky's puddles, at least Kiddles is housebroke, oh I mean potty trained and you aren't dealing with both simultaneously. 

Linda hope it's better now.

Katie,I can sympathize. I break out from a lot of things too, poison ivy, talc and do you know how many things they put talc in, dry bleach like oxyclean and whatever they put in laundry detergent.  Regular old chlorox no problem.  I could bathe in it but stick my arm in the washing machine with oxyclean and it is beet red when I pull it out. I get huge welts from tick bites and mosquito bites.

Sandra, sorry you are having pain, hope it quits soon.  No help here on the upside down pictures.  Glad you shared them even if they were upside down. 

Rusty's mom glad you explained the two names.

yes today was a quiet day and feedings only took a hr.each oooooooooorah!!!

Oh how lovely, I hope the performances are going well and you're enjoying it! How long is the run?

Look forward to seeing the finished project! 

Glad your day got better, and hope today is a good one :)

No, I think the redback is an Aussie spider - Paula may know! I think it might also only be in the Queensland area of Aus if I remember rightly. At least it meant my fear of spiders was finally justified!! 

That is lovely!! 

Not having a great day here, mood is low and very teary. Keeping busy with my hook though. Have made 3 angel gowns, 3 hats and a blanket for the cuddles charity. In the process of a second blanket at the moment. And made another charity pet bed last night too. 

Same here....It started when I began to clean the second bedroom in my apartment.  (I am a horder, but not as bad as the tv people).  The second bedroom has been kinda a junk room.  Landlord is coming in a couple of weeks, so thought I'd get started.  Anyways, a lot of my kids's stuff is in there.  My kids are grown and gone, but the memories are still there and hard for me to handle.

Then later in the day, I lost a tooth (crown).  I am beginning to fall apart....

I have never been a tester.  What do I have to do?

Send me your email and I will send you the pattern. you send me any questions you have or any errors you see. Or any advice or confusion you might run across. In the end when I am done I will send you the corrected pattern free of charge

Hi everyone!  I tried getting on earlier but something was wrong with the site I guess.  It wouldn't let me in!   But I'm here now, lol, of course it's the middle of the night and I should be sleeping! Yea right, it's one of those nights. :P   I finished my Garden State (mystery) afghan today! :yay  I don't have pics on this computer, but you can click on the link if you want to see my Ravelry page.

What method of stitching them together are you using?

I slip st them together into the back loops.  I pretty much followed Julie's lead  since I don't have much experience joining squares, lol.

OK I got my pattern written up and it is waiting for testers. I wanted to give you guys first shot. here is the post

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147623-open-belly-bag-sm-bagbasket/

Love it!  I'd be happy to test for you if you still need someone!

Not having a great day here, mood is low and very teary. Keeping busy with my hook though. Have made 3 angel gowns, 3 hats and a blanket for the cuddles charity. In the process of a second blanket at the moment. And made another charity pet bed last night too. 

Have just arranged to send flowers to our neighbour's funeral tomorrow, she was 95 and had lived in that house for over 60 years, a wonderful lady who will be greatly missed in our community. Rest in Peace dear Dorothy. 

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week xxx

:hug  :hug  :hug

Thanks everyone. I feel especially bad that I'm not well enough to go to the funeral and pay my respects, but I hope that the flowers will show the family we care and they are in our hearts and minds at such a difficult time. 

I know how you feel, but I'm sure that her family understands. :hug

Hey all, just stopping in.  Becca, sorry about your loss. 

I've been doing a lot of crocheting, but it has all been Christmas stuff!  We are going to Indiana to where my family lives in November for Convocation with a lot of churches that are under my Pastor, so I am taking the Christmas presents with me for my family.  Everyone is getting scarves, my two nephews will get hats since I didn't make them one last year, and if I can I will throw in a pair of mittens.  My mom is also getting a blanket/throw made for her.  I want to make it a little bigger than a throw, but not quite so big as a large blanket.  I am using up so chenille yarn I have and making one HUGE granny square!  It is nice and heavy right now, but I got more to do.  I think I still have about 5 more skeins of the yarn to put on there!  So I probably won't be getting any squares out until I am done with these, November is getting here quicker than last year!  Seems like as you get older, time sure does fly!

Hope everyone is safe and staying cool.  It stays in the 90's here, the heat index is supposed to be over 100 today for us, so staying in where it is air conditioned.  Thankfully they fixed the air over in our new building so those that are working in it won't be so hot!

Take care all and many blessings to you!

Good for you for getting all that Christmas stuff done!  I keep saying I'm going to start working on presents, but other projects keep butting in! :lol

I also got a puffy from Angel rose today

7F5879A4-orig.jpg

Verry pretty.  Thanks bunches. I love the butterflies

pretty!

Great squares posted!

Been off today with Kiddles. She starts school next Wed so taking some time off. Tomorrow too! Finished a purse this morning for a friend and hope to work on a tote for me tomorrow.

Crocheting? Started something, stopped. Looked at patterns, picked one, stopped. Can't get in the groove so might have to take a short break!

Hope everyone's day is going well!

kuddles

Wow, school already?  I think our kids have 2 weeks left. Some don't go back until after Labor Day!

I'm uploading from my I pad but I have the up right but as soon as I put them here there upside down,

First picture is of wash-clothes I'm making for the women's shelter. I need a ton of them. I only have a couple more skeins of cotton yarn and will need to make a sometime when I can.

Second picture is of a hooded blankie. Still need to put hoodie part on . But I'm getting there.

Nice!

Look what I finished this weekend.  ShiFio already listed it on her site.  Betty Bear is so cute!  Here's the link to the post here on the 'ville.

Adorable!

Sorry for the long post guys.... :)

Luckily he is very cute or.........LOL. For the last few days, no issues. What the what? Guess puppies are like children, ya can't predict what is going to happen!

kuddles

Hiya ladies!  How's it going today?  I just got some not so good mail.  Our health ins changed on 7/1 and they just informed me that they are denying my TPN!  I don't have a disease that's on their list, WHAT!  That's how I get 98% of my nutrition and 50-75% of my liquids.  Looks like an appeal is in my future, ugh.

grannyannie your afghan is pretty.

Thank you. :hug  How are you feeling today?  A bit better I hope.  Slow but sure, everyday you should start to get back on your feet.

Luckily he is very cute or.........LOL. For the last few days, no issues. What the what? Guess puppies are like children, ya can't predict what is going to happen!

kuddles

Yes, good thing those furbabies are so cute because sometimes......ugh! :lol

Agreed, Anne what a GORGEOUS ghan you made! Woot!

kuddles

Thanks hon!

Finished the purse for my friend.......a batik that has 'gold' in it and a slanted front pocket like the others I have made. The turtle batik tote with blue is for ME!!!

kuddles

Awww, they're gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ann sorry for the bad news.  I hope you can get it appealed without too much hassle.  :hug

Kuddles love both the bags.  :hi friend. :wink  :wink .  The turtle one reminds me of Sue.  I miss her. :sigh  :sigh

And what is our Katy up to today.  She has usually checked on us by now.  Hope all is okay and she is just busy.

Hello,

I feel like I've been gone forever. I'm back at work full time but no students til next week. I've also been having some internet problems but after an hour on the phone with AT&T the problem has been solved, yay. Hopefully, I will manage to get on here a little more often. Have a nice evening.

Finished the purse for my friend.......a batik that has 'gold' in it and a slanted front pocket like the others I have made. The turtle batik tote with blue is for ME!!!

kuddles

They are both beautiful!  I love the diagonal pocket.  I really, really must learn how to sew properly.  I really, really want to make a tote.  lol

Made another wash cloth today.

What are you all doing?

Hi!  I hope you feel better today.  I keep thinking I want to make washcloths and dishcloths for Christmas gifts this year, but something else always comes along.  I'm making a stripe tote.  It's a big granny square made into a bag.  I love the mindlessness of it.  I watch Hulu or Netflix and hook away :)

So I mentioned some days ago that my best friend went to D.C.  I had forgotten that I'd blurted yarn when she asked what I would like her to bring me back.  I actually asked her to try to get local yarn if possible -- local to D.C.  Well, they don't seem to have alpaca farms nearby or local places for it, but they recommended two types, and I love them.  Just look at the colors!  The Claudia Hand Painted Yarn skeins are 175 yards of fingering weight yarn.  They're two skeins.  I'm hoping to find a shawlette pattern I can try it with.  She also got me String Theory Bluestocking light fingering weight yarn, two skeins, a total of 840 yards.  Score!  Oh, I am in love with the deep, deep colors.  I can't decide what to use it for.  I'll hang on to it until I find the perfect pattern.  I'm in yarny heaven!

post-44469-0-31766900-1376443378_thumb.jpg

post-44469-0-61860000-1376443382_thumb.jpg

Archived