Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

I was just having hernia surgery but if it was to big and he felt this was the best when he got in there that's what he was doing. So that's How I ended up with that.

Did you know that the pouch was a possibility going in?   Maybe i should have that done.  Would help with my weight problem.

Are you feeling any better today?

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay puffy arrrived! I'm so glad you liked them :) the smelly sachet is dried lavender, I grow it in my garden but must confess that the sachet was not my own lavender this time, as its the wrong time of year for me to harvest it. And I'm glad you liked the yarn too, I made a wave pattern scarf out of it too because it is so lovely and soft :)

It smells sooooo good.  

Katy I hope your rash heals up soon, I'm allergic to most insect bites and I know how annoying the incessant itching is! Worst one i ever got was in Australia, I was sat eating dinner one night and suddenly felt so sleepy, I thought maybe from too much sun, so I went to bed and fell straight to sleep. When I next woke up my husband at the time said I'd been asleep for 2 days, he'd kind of woken me up every now and then to make me have a drink but I don't remember that. Anyway, when I woke up my foot was really itchy and had this huge raspberry like lump on it, so we went down to the local chemist to see what cream i could get - and they told me I'd been bitten by a redback spider!! I could have died!! Scary! We had to have our house fumigated and everything! 

Was it what we call a Black Widow Spider?

Nice day, a bit warm, but not unbearable, have to run to the store, outta cat clumping litter, and the box is getting full of clumps, lol time to clean and renew. The two cats let me know when it's time to change it if I forget, I do it every other day, and if I miss a day, or something, I hear from them about it!!!    MEOW< how would you like to use  a dirty box mama miow!!!! 

My cats let me know by pooping on the floor or peeing on my clothes

Hi All!  I'm just taking my time and sewing my squares together on the mysteryghan CAL I was in.  I'm about 90% there, then starts the boarder.  The weather is gorgeous here today!  I sure wish I was up to sitting outside, but I'll settle for looking out the windows occasionally. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! 

What method of stitching them together are you using?

Hope to see pics when you get finished ann!! As for  this rash, No, i don't think it's a bite, as it is arch shaped on my thigh, more like a contact alergy, Im thinking, i was wearing some old cutoffs.    either that or I dunno, calamine loction, lanocaine, sure is helping, I actually slept better last night, with no itching..Im washing with antibacterial soap, so that should help too...It started off bright red, raised, like hives, itches, now is fading a bit, and not so spread out, and lightly pink. No raised blisters, though, funniest thing...

Ok, enough of "skin infection class"  onto something else!!

well got a load of clothes to fold, towels, so Im off, have a nice evening everyone!

Honex99 yes I knew . He told when he got in there and if it was more beneficial for to do the the small stomach then that's what he would do. So yes I knew a head of time. I rather have the small stomach then have heart burn so bad I end up in the hospital again because they though I was having a heart attack. If it helps me lose that is wonderful. I need to shed some pounds anyways. Killing two birds with one stone. I have not had heart burn at all now. But just feeling sick through out the day. So I hope that passes along with the pain.

Good morning! Just wanted to pop in for a moment and say hello! I have barely been home the past week--musical started on Thursday and we have our 4th show this afternoon, with two more later on this week! It's been amazing, but between work and musical, I'm exhausted! Hoping to pick up a hook for a few minutes today, but who knows whether that'll happen or not.

Oh how lovely, I hope the performances are going well and you're enjoying it! How long is the run?

Hi All!  I'm just taking my time and sewing my squares together on the mysteryghan CAL I was in.  I'm about 90% there, then starts the boarder.  The weather is gorgeous here today!  I sure wish I was up to sitting outside, but I'll settle for looking out the windows occasionally. Have a wonderful Sunday everyone! 

Look forward to seeing the finished project! 

yes that was a quick fly by and the day is getting better :yes

Glad your day got better, and hope today is a good one :) 

Was it what we call a Black Widow Spider?

No, I think the redback is an Aussie spider - Paula may know! I think it might also only be in the Queensland area of Aus if I remember rightly. At least it meant my fear of spiders was finally justified!! 

OK I got my pattern written up and it is waiting for testers. I wanted to give you guys first shot. here is the post

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147623-open-belly-bag-sm-bagbasket/

That is lovely!! 

Not having a great day here, mood is low and very teary. Keeping busy with my hook though. Have made 3 angel gowns, 3 hats and a blanket for the cuddles charity. In the process of a second blanket at the moment. And made another charity pet bed last night too. 

Have just arranged to send flowers to our neighbour's funeral tomorrow, she was 95 and had lived in that house for over 60 years, a wonderful lady who will be greatly missed in our community. Rest in Peace dear Dorothy. 

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week xxx

Becca sorry about the loss. I hope you feel better.

I got a puffy in the mail today. I really needed. I was feeling down and in tons of pain.

So that lifted my spirits.

Thank you AngelRoseLite. They will work perfect in my afghan .

I am up to 8 so far.

post-48736-0-23430500-1376322416_thumb.jpg

Thanks everyone. I feel especially bad that I'm not well enough to go to the funeral and pay my respects, but I hope that the flowers will show the family we care and they are in our hearts and minds at such a difficult time. 

Hey all, just stopping in.  Becca, sorry about your loss. 

I've been doing a lot of crocheting, but it has all been Christmas stuff!  We are going to Indiana to where my family lives in November for Convocation with a lot of churches that are under my Pastor, so I am taking the Christmas presents with me for my family.  Everyone is getting scarves, my two nephews will get hats since I didn't make them one last year, and if I can I will throw in a pair of mittens.  My mom is also getting a blanket/throw made for her.  I want to make it a little bigger than a throw, but not quite so big as a large blanket.  I am using up so chenille yarn I have and making one HUGE granny square!  It is nice and heavy right now, but I got more to do.  I think I still have about 5 more skeins of the yarn to put on there!  So I probably won't be getting any squares out until I am done with these, November is getting here quicker than last year!  Seems like as you get older, time sure does fly!

Hope everyone is safe and staying cool.  It stays in the 90's here, the heat index is supposed to be over 100 today for us, so staying in where it is air conditioned.  Thankfully they fixed the air over in our new building so those that are working in it won't be so hot!

Take care all and many blessings to you!

Oh how lovely, I hope the performances are going well and you're enjoying it! How long is the run?

Look forward to seeing the finished project! 

Glad your day got better, and hope today is a good one :)

No, I think the redback is an Aussie spider - Paula may know! I think it might also only be in the Queensland area of Aus if I remember rightly. At least it meant my fear of spiders was finally justified!! 

That is lovely!! 

Not having a great day here, mood is low and very teary. Keeping busy with my hook though. Have made 3 angel gowns, 3 hats and a blanket for the cuddles charity. In the process of a second blanket at the moment. And made another charity pet bed last night too. 

Have just arranged to send flowers to our neighbour's funeral tomorrow, she was 95 and had lived in that house for over 60 years, a wonderful lady who will be greatly missed in our community. Rest in Peace dear Dorothy. 

Hope everyone is having a great start to the week xxx

Sorry about your friend :hug

OK I got my pattern written up and it is waiting for testers. I wanted to give you guys first shot. here is the post

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/147623-open-belly-bag-sm-bagbasket/

Cute!

Becca sorry about the loss. I hope you feel better.

I got a puffy in the mail today. I really needed. I was feeling down and in tons of pain.

So that lifted my spirits.

Thank you AngelRoseLite. They will work perfect in my afghan .

I am up to 8 so far.

Wow, they got there fast.  You're welcome :hug

I also got a puffy from Angel rose today

7F5879A4-orig.jpg

Verry pretty.  Thanks bunches. I love the butterflies

I finally sent the butterfly square!  At last it is at its home.  Hopefully the purple one is usable too :)

Great squares posted!

Been off today with Kiddles. She starts school next Wed so taking some time off. Tomorrow too! Finished a purse this morning for a friend and hope to work on a tote for me tomorrow.

Crocheting? Started something, stopped. Looked at patterns, picked one, stopped. Can't get in the groove so might have to take a short break!

Hope everyone's day is going well!

kuddles

They are upside down again. What am I doing wrong? In my photos they are right but as soon as I put them here they are not.

Are you uploading the pictures straight from your camera?  If you are, then you should first save them on the computer and open them to make sure they are facing the right direction.  If they are not, edit the picture and rotate it.  Save it.  Then upload it onto a post in Crochetville.  It should be facing the right direction now.

I'm uploading from my I pad but I have the up right but as soon as I put them here there upside down,

First picture is of wash-clothes I'm making for the women's shelter. I need a ton of them. I only have a couple more skeins of cotton yarn and will need to make a sometime when I can.

Second picture is of a hooded blankie. Still need to put hoodie part on . But I'm getting there.

post-48736-0-28751000-1376338476_thumb.jpg

post-48736-0-71632300-1376338627_thumb.jpg

Archived