Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Katy, to answer your question, I love purple, turquoise and lime!  I used to wear only dark colors, but now I wear bright colors.  I was told I look good in the bright colors cause of my darker skin and hair!  I wear lots of bright reds, royal blue, yellows, oranges, turquoise, lime and fuschias.  Hope this answers you question!

I'm glad you like them.  Actually I had just received the book "100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet" and both patterns came out of there.

Hello Everyone, I do peek in occassionally but I have not been on the ville much.  Between PT for my knees and back to work full time, I just seem to exhausted lately to do much of anything.  I really want to get back into the swing of things but everyone keeps telling me it takes time.  I am hoping by September I will be back to better than normal, since normal wasn't so good before surgery, lol.  I know I promised Katie I would take pics of all my squares since I have enough but haven't put it together yet but have been too lazy to go pull out the boxes I put them in.  I will get around to it Katie, I promise.

ohhhhhhh I have that book too, don't you just love to drool over them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa! So many posts to catch up on!

Katie, glad you got your angels! I couldn't this time after getting the pup.....but wasn't surprised you got a bunch of others!

Still adjusting to Lucky.......but not even a week! I think he is a sweetie, just gotta get past all the 'baby' steps!

I haven't crocheted once since we got him! I hope to get back to that soon!

Gotta get ready for work. Have a great day all!

kuddles

(this ones for you Katie ..... WOOTIE WOOT WOOTINGTON)

chuckle chuckle,thank  you kuddles. lol

Hi all!

Yup been told about the wind up clock thing and those are sure hard to find! Plus I'm hoping he will sort it out without that.....

Just gonna take time!

kuddles

I have one of those sound machines too, that you can listen to different sounds you know, like crickets, summer rain, waterfalls, and yeah,theres a heart beat on there too, I don't listen to that often, lol it sorta scares me, like that poem, the beating heart, yikes!!

Hello everyone,

I was up fairly early too but I did some chores and ran an errand. Now I can relax and crochet for a while. Maybe I should post some more squares from the past since it is almost the end of June.

I've posted this picture in the past but now I can't post the picture directly from my computer because it is too big :shrug  so I am using photobucket and hopefully it will work.

These squares were made by Tiffer.

tiffer93_zps6f5c300f.jpg

Those are certainly lovely, tiffer did a great job on them!

I really need some help trying to decide which pattern to use. My friend is having her first baby, a girl in November and I really want to make her an outfit but I can't decide on the pattern. I really like both of them. I already plan to make several pinafores for her, quick and cute. HELP! I need to get busy on these. 

1. http://www.shifio.co.uk/patterns/snowyrose32.htm

2. http://www.shifio.co.uk/patterns/hooded158.html

one word for you! BOTH! lol

oh, and snowflake has a new addy, so you can pm her if you have squares heading her way..........

In all the excitement of collecting puffys and petting them,and assuring them they are loved, I bet you all forgot I needed to pick a random winner for next month's Biggest Square!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not gotten her accpetance yet but expect too for sure! Sooooooooo on the first day of July, our Red White and BLue Biggest Square, will be passed the crown,and septor...I will miss it, the emeralds really brought out my eyes!! lol So,,,,,,,stay tuned, for the big reveal on July 1........I will make my "abdication of the crown" speech on that day, and pass on my worldly knowledge, to said winner!!!!!!!!!!!!! Along with of course her current needs for size, and colors of squares she woud love to receive!

Oh,and heres those pics of Mandy's squares she sent me!!!

post-40621-0-30668900-1372363402_thumb.jpg  They are lovely, and bright, and very pretty

thank you again Mandy!!! Then have found their forever home!! ANd I absolutely LOVE those tags!!!!!

WOW, nice layout.. I see mine. PUt me down for some 6 inchers, say about four... possibly one more 12 inch coming too! I love that butterfly one!    what say all, pledge a few for a good cause!!!!!!! he he he,

Hey wanted to update on the squares I have recieved and what I still need.

19DFCA73-orig.jpg

The lay out I want. I need 32 6 inchers and 5 12 inchers.  I am gonna trim each square also.

WOW, nice layout.. I see mine. PUt me down for some 6 inchers, say about four... possibly one more 12 inch coming too! I love that butterfly one!    what say all, pledge a few for a good cause!!!!!!! he he he,

That one came from my free for all partner...... Maybe we can talk Smith into sharing the pattern. It is gourgeous

Oh,and heres those pics of Mandy's squares she sent me!!!

attachicon.gif100_3454.jpg  They are lovely, and bright, and very pretty

thank you again Mandy!!! Then have found their forever home!! ANd I absolutely LOVE those tags!!!!!

Yay! I'm glad they made it to you safely! I wanted to make you a 4th square but I ran out of time. As for the tags, I bought the paper part pre-made at Jo-Ann, and I found the stamp on sale at Jo-Ann, as well! I used to be an avid scrapbooker/card maker and I still love doing some stamping, and that one was too cute to pass up. :)

That one came from my free for all partner...... Maybe we can talk Smith into sharing the pattern. It is gourgeous

well its sure pretty, and I think i have seen it, i think it's free pattern !

Yay! I'm glad they made it to you safely! I wanted to make you a 4th square but I ran out of time. As for the tags, I bought the paper part pre-made at Jo-Ann, and I found the stamp on sale at Jo-Ann, as well! I used to be an avid scrapbooker/card maker and I still love doing some stamping, and that one was too cute to pass up. :)

oh they are gorgeous, the squares and the tags, thank you so much again!!!!! I only have a few more days of wearing the crown left, I can say, that I have been quite spoiled by you all, and a blanket THANK YOU to all... When they puffy's are done coming in I can't wait to count,and sort and arrange the squares!!!!!!!!! tee hee hee!!!

I'm so excited! Today was the last day of our face to face lessons in our aged care course. I handed in my completed last two units this afternoon. Apparently it takes three weeks for all our paperwork to go through the official channels and then we receive our certificate. So once I receive that I am a fully qualified AIN!

I'm so excited! Today was the last day of our face to face lessons in our aged care course. I handed in my completed last two units this afternoon. Apparently it takes three weeks for all our paperwork to go through the official channels and then we receive our certificate. So once I receive that I am a fully qualified AIN!

Congratulations, Paula!  You said you were going to do it, and you went through the program with determination and professionalism.  You are not only dedicated -- you love your new career.  Kuddos!!

Thanks Maria :) The best part of it all is that I now have time to catch up on crochet! I'm starting on the clues I've missed the past two weeks for our CAL after dinner.

Thanks Maria :) The best part of it all is that I now have time to catch up on crochet! I'm starting on the clues I've missed the past two weeks for our CAL after dinner.

I'm only missing last weekend's clue.  I'll start on it tomorrow.

Quick check in....Kiddles and I are off today (summer hrs at my work) and we need to do some errands.

Confession: I'm tired of the puppy. There, I said it! If it makes me bad, then I'm bad!

Gotta run!

kuddles

Kuddles it gets better. just got to get thru this rough patch.  Just got to remember he is lonely. there he was all nice and cozy with his mommy and his siblings then all a sudden he was taken away. I would cry too.  But once he gets accustomed to the cage and potty trained it gets so much better and less stressful.

Hey all! Just stopping in to say "good morning!" and "hi there!" Feeling a bit gloomy these last few days and not really sure why. I'll try to get caught up a bit later.

But since my phone put me in the thread in the favorite color sharing, I'll say that I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite but greens, blues, and purples are generally what I gravitate towards when color-picking. I like all colors, really, though I would put pink and orange farther down on the list!

Good Morning...I'm all envolved with the George Zimmerman Trial...Not to the extent that I was envolved with the Casey Anthony case though...If any one wants to watch CNN, HLN, Fox News Network is covering it, howevewr I watch it on WFTV.com...I much prefer Bill Sheaffer's  comments over most of the "Talking Heads"...Not much hookin' going on here...Between arthritis and out-of-town relatives coming for vacation and filling my life with activities (when I'm not watching the trial) I'm just too pooped pop...

My recent appointment with Dr. Handsome was good...He took a look at my incision and said it has healed nicely, asked how I was feeling and told me to keep wearing the bone growth stimulator for 2 hrs a day and to wear the back brace when I am not reclining...Perhaps only 8 more weeks of this regimen...My back if relatively pain free..Hallelujah...

at the risk of sounding ill informed, and out of the loop,what or whom is the Zimmerman thing??   Glad you are feeling better though estee, that is the good n ews!!

Kuddles, dogs are lots of work in the beginning, but well worth the time and trouble as they grow up a bit, and become a faithful, and loving, loyal family member...Buck up, it does get better! andm NOOOOO you are not a bad person!!!!!! Its normal, honest!

Sorry you're not feeling well viking, maybe just a case of the summer blaas....What you doing for the fourth, whats every one doing on the fourth???
and CONGRATZ Paula, we knew you could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kuddles it gets better. just got to get thru this rough patch.  Just got to remember he is lonely. there he was all nice and cozy with his mommy and his siblings then all a sudden he was taken away. I would cry too.  But once he gets accustomed to the cage and potty trained it gets so much better and less stressful.

Thanks for the reminder honey. I know what you are saying is sooooo true! It's hard to not get enough sleep! We are lucky no one is living in the condo below us or we'd be thrown out by now!

Hugs!

kuddles

Thanks Katie! I so know you are right and he won't be hear a week until tomorrow! Yikes!

Trying to set up two, yes two, playdates for Kiddles over the weekend! One to come here and one for her to go there and give ME some free time! Woot!

Love to all my Squares!

kuddles

Congrats!!!

Quick check in....Kiddles and I are off today (summer hrs at my work) and we need to do some errands.

Confession: I'm tired of the puppy. There, I said it! If it makes me bad, then I'm bad!

Gotta run!

kuddles

Awww, you're not bad.  It's just a tough time right now for all of you.  :hug

Hey all! Just stopping in to say "good morning!" and "hi there!" Feeling a bit gloomy these last few days and not really sure why. I'll try to get caught up a bit later.

But since my phone put me in the thread in the favorite color sharing, I'll say that I'm hard pressed to pick a favorite but greens, blues, and purples are generally what I gravitate towards when color-picking. I like all colors, really, though I would put pink and orange farther down on the list!

:hug

Good Morning...I'm all envolved with the George Zimmerman Trial...Not to the extent that I was envolved with the Casey Anthony case though...If any one wants to watch CNN, HLN, Fox News Network is covering it, howevewr I watch it on WFTV.com...I much prefer Bill Sheaffer's  comments over most of the "Talking Heads"...Not much hookin' going on here...Between arthritis and out-of-town relatives coming for vacation and filling my life with activities (when I'm not watching the trial) I'm just too pooped pop...

My recent appointment with Dr. Handsome was good...He took a look at my incision and said it has healed nicely, asked how I was feeling and told me to keep wearing the bone growth stimulator for 2 hrs a day and to wear the back brace when I am not reclining...Perhaps only 8 more weeks of this regimen...My back if relatively pain free..Hallelujah...

Glad you're feeling better!

Hello everyone,

I was up fairly early too but I did some chores and ran an errand. Now I can relax and crochet for a while. Maybe I should post some more squares from the past since it is almost the end of June.

I've posted this picture in the past but now I can't post the picture directly from my computer because it is too big :shrug so I am using photobucket and hopefully it will work.

These squares were made by Tiffer.

I'm pretty sure I tried making that top pattern for someone in the group once, and never could get the darn thing to lay flat! I tried different hook sizes, changing stitch counts, blocking, nothing worked. They're still sitting in our spare room.

Katie, the George Zimmerman thing is a very unpleasant situation. Basically, he chased down and shot and killed an unarmed teenager who was on his way home from shopping, and then claimed self defense. The worst part was the Florida police weren't even going to charge him until there was a public outcry! It brought out a lot of ugliness in a lot of people.

Kiddles has a playdate tomorrow! At one tomorrow, she will be dropped off and I guess the girl is thrilled and Kiddles is so happy! They can play with the puppy for 3 hours and they will all be worn out! Glad I just gave the pup a bath!

I am determined to pick up the hook again at some point over the next couple of days. I miss it so! Was working on a tote and stopped half way so I think I'll get back on it again. Just double crochets so mindless....

Then back to squares....for me? For you? Hard to say!

Hugs!

kuddles

Archived