Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Hi ladies,

I won't be on much for a few days.  My laptop computer was hacked this morning!  I went to what should have been a safe site.  It was a government site, and the next thing you know a pop up says that my computer is being held for ransome.  I have to pay $300 to get it back within 2 days or they will wipe it clean!  I'm in a panic.  Hubby has contacted our anti-virus company, but it doesn't look like there is much that can be done.  Why do people do this?  My computer is my life.  I'm so depressed right now.  Well, that's my story for today, besides dealing with a new health insurance company as of 7/1 which is going to cost us a ton more $$$ and one of  hubby's lighters exploded in the van today and put a big crack in the door near the controls!  Luckily it wasn't in his pocket!  Maybe that will get him to stop smoking! (yea, right, lol)  Sorry for the rant.  I'm done now.  I'll try to pop in when I can.  Hopefully I'll be able to get my 'puter fixed soon or use this one.  Take care all.  I'm off to my hooks and yarn!

I hope everything works out.

I followed some of the links Maria posted and it doesn't really look promising, no. Leave it in the hands of your computer people and see what they can do. It looks as though some of the ransomware software can be treated so maybe you'll be lucky and the variant you have is one they've found a way around.

I've got pictures! Or will, once I edit this post from my phone. :) I hadn't found all the prizes yet, it turned out! There's also a little zipper bag with some crochet hooks and labels in it, and the bag will work much better for hooks than the box I'm using now, and a little glass butterfly. And what the little guy thinks was the best, a Matchbox car! I told him I had another surprise for him after we had dessert, and handed it to him. The car watched a movie with us (ten minutes of "Mystery Kitty Cat"), read bedtime stories with us, and went to bed clutched in two little hands. :manyheart His comment on it was, "I wuv dis car."

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

So many goodies, sounds like everyone is enjoying them.

I'm sewing again today, working on some dresses for a baby gift and a birthday gift. Today's pretties are brought to you by KatherineElaine.

post-4459-0-31034100-1371575208_thumb.jpg

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone....Hope everyone is well.  Just checking in to say I'm still alive.  Boy I'm surely not 26 anymore.  Taking care of a two year old is tiring.....but boy does he bring me joy.  Looks like we might be taking care of him for a while.  

I have not crocheted in weeeeekkkkkkssss.  But I so need to pick up a hook and feel the yarn between my fingers.....for my sanity!!!!

I'm the room parent for my 10 yo sons class and yesterday we took a trip to the capitol.  We were able to see the Governor and the whole class took a pic with him.  It was a great day and much needed quality time with my baby boy.

I'm headed off to look at the list....a great excuse to crochet.

Sending hugs to everyone. Have a wonderful day!!!

Hi everyone!  Quick fly by.  We dropped of my computer at Staples today.  They said that they have had about 30 people with the same problem in the past two weeks!  They should be able to clean up my machine and I bought a year of Sophos since I hear good things about them for virus detection.  AVG just wasn't cutting it.  I had really good passwords (huh, I thought I did, lol) and I just updated everything the day before.  Just goes to show that if they want to get in, they will!  Thank you all for your concern and caring.  My computer is my life.  Most of you know that I don't get out much except for doctor's visits, so my social life is here with you guys.  I really want my computer back, lol!  Oh!  Hubby was so sweet.  He took me to AC Moore today to cheer me up! Umm, yeah, I was a bit disappointed in them,(couldn't find the yarn I was looking for)  but I managed to fill the cart! :lol

Maria, thank you for the links!  I will pass the info onto DH also.  I feel better with the computer being in the hands of the experts at Staples too.  I believe they are doing all the reporting for us.  Take care everyone!

They have my FAV yarn, Bernat Mosaic, on joanns.com for 50% off! I'm drooling! I want the poodle pink and the vivid....but have NO money! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay, I'm done.

Thanks for letting me vent!

kuddles

Hello everyone....Hope everyone is well.  Just checking in to say I'm still alive.  Boy I'm surely not 26 anymore.  Taking care of a two year old is tiring.....but boy does he bring me joy.  Looks like we might be taking care of him for a while.  

I have not crocheted in weeeeekkkkkkssss.  But I so need to pick up a hook and feel the yarn between my fingers.....for my sanity!!!!

I'm the room parent for my 10 yo sons class and yesterday we took a trip to the capitol.  We were able to see the Governor and the whole class took a pic with him.  It was a great day and much needed quality time with my baby boy.

I'm headed off to look at the list....a great excuse to crochet.

Sending hugs to everyone. Have a wonderful day!!!

crochet your stress away!

Yo Katie girl, your package from me will deliver tomorrow!

Here's the usps tracking number so you can tell where it is!

9405 5036 9930 0464 3145 06

hee hee

kuddles

OGHHHHHHH yay, can't wait!!!!!!!!! :c9

I received my FFA package! Thank you Viking! I love that we were partnered up lol.

I got my first three flower squares for my new 'ghan.

wBMdR78.jpg

Some amazing knitpicks brava yarn in five! different shades and two 4mm hooks with handmade polymer clay handles :)

pGxygJC.jpg

I have never used that yarn before so I am going to test it out with some squares from my new granny square book! The recipient of said squares is our queen for the month. Katy can you send me your address please? :)

Thanks again Lauren!!

You're welcome, Paula! I laughed too when I got my package, especially when I opened it up and found out we swapped yarn! First three flower squares, wow! :D

I tried out the Brava yarn a little while ago when they were offering a special, I think you got one skein free with a certain amount of money spent. It actually turned out to be pretty nice for the price so I've gotten more since then. And they have so many colors now! 38 colors! It's really hard not to break my rule about only buying yarn I have specific projects in mind for when it's only a few dollars to toss in another beautiful color....

Your package is still unfolding toddler fun. I found a video of the frilled lizard running, because I knew he'd love it, and he did. This morning at breakfast the frilled lizard friend ("my fidd wizood fwend!") showed up in the kitchen to visit us, and he had his "mouf" open and his frill "open wike a umbwewwa!" Oh, and then he went up a tree for a safe place to hide. I'm tempted to try to crochet a frilled lizard now. :) My husband and I are both so entertained by how thrilled he is with these; it's just enchanting to watch!

Oh wow, what a prize package, YARN, lol AND squares!!!!!!!!!!! and hooks, wow, you lucked out! lovely squares!

I received my FFA package! Thank you Viking! I love that we were partnered up lol.
wBMdR78.jpg
Some amazing knitpicks brava yarn in five! different shades and two 4mm hooks with handmade polymer clay handles :)
pGxygJC.jpg
I have never used that yarn before so I am going to test it out with some squares from my new granny square book! The recipient of said squares is our queen for the month. Katy can you send me your address please? :)
Thanks again Lauren!!

You're welcome, Paula! I laughed too when I got my package, especially when I opened it up and found out we swapped yarn! First three flower squares, wow! :D

I tried out the Brava yarn a little while ago when they were offering a special, I think you got one skein free with a certain amount of money spent. It actually turned out to be pretty nice for the price so I've gotten more since then. And they have so many colors now! 38 colors! It's really hard not to break my rule about only buying yarn I have specific projects in mind for when it's only a few dollars to toss in another beautiful color....

Your package is still unfolding toddler fun. I found a video of the frilled lizard running, because I knew he'd love it, and he did. This morning at breakfast the frilled lizard friend ("my fidd wizood fwend!") showed up in the kitchen to visit us, and he had his "mouf" open and his frill "open wike a umbwewwa!" Oh, and then he went up a tree for a safe place to hide. I'm tempted to try to crochet a frilled lizard now. :) My husband and I are both so entertained by how thrilled he is with these; it's just enchanting to watch!

awwwwww!!

grannyannie.... :hug  I'd be sooo mad! I live and breath off my computers. I too did hear about that scam a while back, so sorry!  I hope it's a quick fix and see you back soon!

very nice package vikingruninggirl...love the fun bright colors!

dragnlady.... :flower  feel better soon! Those can be tough! 

Cockroaches and scorpions are tough enough, I really think I'd end up in the looney bin if the cockroaches can fly!!  :eek  I can't stand to go near them they give me the heebie-jeebies and I freeze up. LOL! I did that with a scorpion too! I had to dig deep down and kill that sucker, it took all my might! The stupid thing was only 3" long but still (((shiver))) I squished it with the top of the bug spray can since the actual bug spray just pissed it off. Thank goodness nothing in this new house and the bug man is coming today!! Oh what a happy day!!

Another crochet day today! Okay, I actually have to work on a few bills but I did manage to get to Hobby Lobby and pick up some nice lavender yarn and a few tote on clearance! Woo-hoo!! 

HAHA. We get slugs in the bathroom and kitchen once in a while and those suckers are NASTY!!!!  I hate them and my hubby and children laugh at me when they find a bowl or a cup upside down on the floor or whatever they know mom has trapped a slug under neath it and is waiting for someone to dispose of it outside somewhere lol.

Ann, so glad to hear that it most likely will be okay! AVG huh? That is what I use!

VERY scarey!

hugs,

kuddles

I use AVG also....... :eek

Lauren your little man sounds adorable! I started him a crochet kangaroo but with the rushing I stuffed up lol. I will get it finished for him.

Skoggy I haven't forgot Felicia's toy either. It's still waiting on my mantle piece to be sent. I want to add a little something for your not so little anymore bub too. My UK obsessed daughter wants me to send it just so she can say we sent something to the UK lol

wBMdR78.jpg

pGxygJC.jpg

Thanks again Lauren!!

What a great package!  I want to try that yarn now.  Not that I have lots already  :no  :lol

My package made it to its new home!  Since the recipient has it, I figure it's safe to say that I was Estee's secret partner.  She's sans computer at the moment, but she did send me a lovely PM while visiting her daughter.  I hope she's back to join in the fun soon.  I didn't take a picture of the package I sent except for what I made for her.  The other goodies weren't photographed.  I will let her post when she's ready and add pictures if she is able to.  The great thing is that she got it, she likes it, and she's doing well.

I'm off to make jewelry now!  I have to prepare for the crafting party I'm hosting on Thursday.  I'm so nervous!!

Wow, Ausie you got a great package!

I'm super busy at work, long days but I'll live.....

Crochetwise I'm working on a bikini tote bag.......

Hope everyone is doing great!

kuddles

Ann, so glad to hear that it most likely will be okay! AVG huh? That is what I use!

VERY scarey!

hugs,

kuddles

Yea, that's what I have here on my desktop too.  I've had nothing but trouble with it.  I'll be changing as soon as I get my laptop back and can afford to send this one into the shop.

They have my FAV yarn, Bernat Mosaic, on joanns.com for 50% off! I'm drooling! I want the poodle pink and the vivid....but have NO money! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay, I'm done.

Thanks for letting me vent!

kuddles

:hug

wBMdR78.jpg

pGxygJC.jpg

Thanks again Lauren!!

Wonderful goodie package!!!

HAHA. We get slugs in the bathroom and kitchen once in a while and those suckers are NASTY!!!!  I hate them and my hubby and children laugh at me when they find a bowl or a cup upside down on the floor or whatever they know mom has trapped a slug under neath it and is waiting for someone to dispose of it outside somewhere lol.

I use AVG also....... :eek

Hope you have better luck than me...

What a great package!  I want to try that yarn now.  Not that I have lots already  :no  :lol

My package made it to its new home!  Since the recipient has it, I figure it's safe to say that I was Estee's secret partner.  She's sans computer at the moment, but she did send me a lovely PM while visiting her daughter.  I hope she's back to join in the fun soon.  I didn't take a picture of the package I sent except for what I made for her.  The other goodies weren't photographed.  I will let her post when she's ready and add pictures if she is able to.  The great thing is that she got it, she likes it, and she's doing well.

I'm off to make jewelry now!  I have to prepare for the crafting party I'm hosting on Thursday.  I'm so nervous!!

Oooohhhh, a crafting party!  Can I come? :lol

Wow, Ausie you got a great package!

I'm super busy at work, long days but I'll live.....

Crochetwise I'm working on a bikini tote bag.......

Hope everyone is doing great!

kuddles

Hope your day goes quickly!  I have a pattern saved for a bikini tote bag that I've been meaning to make.  I wonder if it's the same one.  Looking forward to seeing pics of yours!

Ahhhhhh!!!!! Two days in a row I get to sign in!!!!

Aussie and Viking such beautiful squares!!!

I'm so happy I was able to crochet last night. Made a square for one of you special ladies!!!!! Woooo hoooo!!!! I'm sooooo happy to be a part of this group. But, I already have quite a few squares already made and ready to be sent out to their new owners!!

Can someone tell me what the biggest square thing is? Katie I see you're the biggest square for June? So do we send you squares?

I'll be sending out messages for addresses.... you wonderful ladies are going to help me get back in my crocheting groove. Lol

Katie your sashay scarf is beautiful!!

For those not feeling well I'm sending you well wishes.

As for me.... things have just been crazy. I'm concerned for the little one we are caring for bc it doesn't seem like his mom is doing what she needs to do. My daughter called me last night and told me the little ones mom is heavily using alcohol and drugs. Please say a prayer for her. I badly want to call her and talk to her regarding what my daughter told me but my daughter asked to keep it between us. My daughter felt we should know bc we believed the mom was doing what she needed to do. We didn't even know she was using to the extent my daughter revealed. I'm just not sure what to do or what is going to happen. We agreed to short term so I'm praying she gets it together....there is also another child.... a 3 month old baby girl that our other friend is caring for. DCF is already involved in her life and they know we are helping her. But they are looking to close her case since the children aren't with her.....ugghhh I just dont know what to do right now. So, I guess I'm just going to keep doing what we've been doing and I'm sure it will work out somehow.

On a happier note, I'm thinking the squares I receive will be made into a blanket for this little guy.

Well, have a wonderful day.... I'm off to send find new owners for these squares. And hopefully I could get some crocheting in today.

Til next time....

hi all, and yesPPheonsix, Im Junes biggest square!! You can read all about it on the first post of the thread, it is a honor we acknowledge every month now, and I was honored as it has been a year since we started biggest square, and continued on this thread!! Post one, this thread, read all about it. lol

Lauren your little man sounds adorable! I started him a crochet kangaroo but with the rushing I stuffed up lol. I will get it finished for him.

Skoggy I haven't forgot Felicia's toy either. It's still waiting on my mantle piece to be sent. I want to add a little something for your not so little anymore bub too. My UK obsessed daughter wants me to send it just so she can say we sent something to the UK lol

Aww... so cute! She'd be even more happy if she, herself, got a little package addressed to her from the UK. :D Now I've got myself thinking. Time to get my "Harry Potter" thinking cap on! :hug Which house does she like (Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw)? :)

Emma of course she is griffindor! Do you know what would make her excited? Cheap souvenirs. A British flag, postcards, a keyring to hang off her school bag. Her dream is to visit England, first stop London :-)

Good luck with that situation, Pheonsix. That poor family. I hope things do work out. My little boy is that same age... so sad to think about.

I got a puffy today! I won Katie's last random square draw, and they arrived this afternoon. My dog must have smelled yours, Katie - she stole the puffy and ran off with it before I even got a chance to open it! Fortunately she gave it back quickly, but she did shove her nose in my lap and snuffle all over once I opened it. I've collected a few squares now; I want to try to get a picture of them all together to share. I'm thinking I might edge everything in a dark green right now, but who knows. I may change my mind as I accumulate more. :D

Right now I'm sitting on the couch with a bit of a stuffy head, working on another round of my rainbow-ghan. I'm at an exciting point, planning-wise. Too bad the rounds take longer and longer each time! :lol The dog is asleep next to me and I'm watching DH play video games while I'm working. Pretty nice evening. :)

OMG we are back!!!!!!!!!!!

Two things to tell you all, besides the fact I suffered severe and damaging withdrawl from the ville!!! First things first,

i got two puffy's!! One yesterday, but couldn't post, and the other today, one was from Vikingrunnergirl, and I will show pics soon, and one was from Grannyannie!!!!!!!!

I was sooooooooooooo thrilled, on top of everything this weekend, so far, these puffys were all that made the withdrawl a bit more bearable, lol and the ear infection easier to cope  with. lol

First package was vikings, here is a pic,,,,,,

post-40621-0-56433100-1371957984_thumb.jpg

The ice cream cone is adorable, as are her squares, so intricate of a pattern i really just love them, and can't figure out weather to stick a magnet on the back of my cone, and put it on my fridge, or leave as is, and drool over it!!!!!! Thank you so much Lauren, I absolutely loved it!! You simply must make the little guy one of his very own!!!!!!

Second pic....Granny annie,

and besides squares, that are perfect and wonderful, there was my favorite Werthers in there, as you can see in the pic

already opened, lol had to test them out,,, and a yarn threader, a tablet, the cutest ever tiny jar of vaseline for lips,  and some sweet crocheted by labels!!!!!

Both puffy's held exquiste squares, with the prettiest of stitching, and the patterns beautiful! You all make me feel so inadequate, lol,,,,,dang, I wish my squares came out that well, thank you Ann!

Thanks to both of you for such thoughtful cards, and lovelingly stitched squares, and precious goodies!!!!!!!! Me much appreciates your efforts ladies, thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!! :ty  :day  :c9  :ghug

post-40621-0-20082500-1371957801_thumb.jpg

OMG we are back!!!!!!!!!!!

Two things to tell you all, besides the fact I suffered severe and damaging withdrawl from the ville!!! First things first,

i got two puffy's!! One yesterday, but couldn't post, and the other today, one was from Vikingrunnergirl, and I will show pics soon, and one was from Grannyannie!!!!!!!!

I was sooooooooooooo thrilled, on top of everything this weekend, so far, these puffys were all that made the withdrawl a bit more bearable, lol and the ear infection easier to cope  with. lol

First package was vikings, here is a pic,,,,,,

attachicon.gif100_3445.jpg

The ice cream cone is adorable, as are her squares, so intricate of a pattern i really just love them, and can't figure out weather to stick a magnet on the back of my cone, and put it on my fridge, or leave as is, and drool over it!!!!!! Thank you so much Lauren, I absolutely loved it!! You simply must make the little guy one of his very own!!!!!!

Second pic....Granny annie,

and besides squares, that are perfect and wonderful, there was my favorite Werthers in there, as you can see in the pic

already opened, lol had to test them out,,, and a yarn threader, a tablet, the cutest ever tiny jar of vaseline for lips,  and some sweet crocheted by labels!!!!!

Both puffy's held exquiste squares, with the prettiest of stitching, and the patterns beautiful! You all make me feel so inadequate, lol,,,,,dang, I wish my squares came out that well, thank you Ann!

Thanks to both of you for such thoughtful cards, and lovelingly stitched squares, and precious goodies!!!!!!!! Me much appreciates your efforts ladies, thank you so very much!!!!!!!!!!! :ty  :day  :c9  :ghug

Yay!! We are back!  I was checking all day long.  I'm glad to come back and find more eye candy.  Great packages, ladies :)

Archived