Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well my favorite color is Purples, but been told that red and browns look best on me. They make me Happy. I feel good wearing them. But I wear all different colors depends on what I am doing. i get so tired of wearing srcubs all the time.

Sorry he's keeping you awake.  Our dogs have always slept in our room and ummm, Miss Juno won out and sleeps with us, something DH said he'd never allow, lol.

I stopped and bought earplugs. I intend on sleeping no matter if he barks forever! Got the new meds for him......sigh.....once he is completely and I mean completely potty trained, he will be allowed to sleep with Kiddles but I doubt that happens before Christmas at this rate!

Hello Squares!!! :cheer

I got a puffy yesterday! The mail here doesn't come till like late aft, so by the time I got it, It was not good light for a pic, so here it is now!!! This came from Pat 54, thanks so much Pat, love the pattern, is it one you can share, he he, love the colors too!! Thank you so much, they will find a home in my friendship ghan, for sure!!!!!!!!!!! :ty  :ty  :ty  :welcome

attachicon.gif100_3453.jpg

Woo hoo!

oh  also, need to know everyones favorite color, lol, Mine is and will always be, blues, probably, what color do you tend to wear more than others, why do you like it, and how does "your color" make you feel... Quite a homework assignment, I realize, but imperitive to answer, ha ha.......till later then, you all have a great and glorious day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, dd,did take the stainless steel mixing bowls set, without hesitation, lol and a rolling pin, some cookie cutters, and some cookbooks, like there was ever any doubt, he he he!!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart

My all time favorite color is red. I don't tend to wear it though! I love ladybugs, cause of the red. Would love to own a chugabug (volkswagon) in red and I'd paint black spots on it!

I tend to wear more muted colors, since I've always been overweight, probably to try to look slimmer! LOL

For yarn, I love lots of color combos! I love fall colors like rich brown, orange, red but also sassy colors like teal, hot pink, and a nice yellow. Depends on what I'm making!

Wow, that was a long answer!

kuddles

Blue has always been my favorite colour but lately I've been leaning towards the teals. For crochet I love chocolate brown with any colour. I've just realized that red is not a colour I use in crochet unless it's a Christmas item or someone has requested it. I'm sure I would be hard pressed to find a full skein in my stash.

To wear I usually pick blue and the vain part of me knows that certain blues make my eyes really stand out. Yellow has also been making itself be known in my wardrobe. You can't help but feel happy wearing such a cheerful colour!

Well wouldn't you know when I get back from my trip to the Black Hills that Crochetville would be down.  I have not been able to get logged back in since it came back up until today. 

Katy glad to see you got your package and liked the yarn and scarf.  I hope you are having a wonderful reign and have been blitzed with lots of packages.  It will take me awhile to catch up and I guess some of the posts may have been lost.  This is the pattern I used on the scarf.   http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/frilly-crochet-scarf   (LW2750)  You are working back and forth not lengthwise so I can use up all the yarn.  For the blue one I did three sc back and forth.  I did four the first time and didn't think the scarf was long enough so I pulled it apart and redid it. 

As soon as I got home we started having drain problems.  Started by having the old septic tank pumped even though it really wasn't due.  Turns out the pipe going into the tank has snapped off thanks to the drought last year.  The guy that was supposed to come out Mon never showed up so still looking for a repair person.  Hope we don't have to do it ourselves.  Meanwhile having to "rough" it a bit and not put water down the drains. 

Oh, forgot to say my favorite color is blue.  Its not that I really dislike any color.  They have their place and colors I like least often look quite stunning in some combinations.    

I'm so happy I we just bought floor seats for Jimmy Buffet!!! OOOOOOOOO I"m so excited!!! It's October but I'm excited anyway!! Anyone else consider themselves a parroted? We even  have a margaritavlle restaurant close to us, which is awesome! 

ouch on the yarn...I bet she/he had fun!! 

as for my favorite color....green, all shades! I love the earthy tones and I miss the smell of the fresh mowed green grass to the musky deep dark forest. Here in the Arizona desert neither is quite common. 

I just came home from shopping. One of our stores has a limited stock of American brand snacks and food stuffs at the moment. They had root beer advertised in their catalogue and since almost every teenage American novel mentions root beer we wanted to try it. Unfortunately they were sold out. So I'm sitting in front of my fire on this cold rainy day munching on milk duds. No one told me how awesome they were! Shame on you all! Lol

I brought a can of marshmallow whip. What am I supposed to do with it?

oh  also, need to know everyones favorite color, lol, Mine is and will always be, blues, probably, what color do you tend to wear more than others, why do you like it, and how does "your color" make you feel... Quite a homework assignment, I realize, but imperitive to answer, ha ha.......till later then, you all have a great and glorious day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, dd,did take the stainless steel mixing bowls set, without hesitation, lol and a rolling pin, some cookie cutters, and some cookbooks, like there was ever any doubt, he he he!!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart

[GROAN] Homework?!  :lol  I like all kinds of colors depending on my mood.  I love red but don't wear enough of it.  I really like green in earth tones and emerald.  Like Paula, it's the vain part of me because it brings out the color of my eyes.  I wear lots of neutrals due to work but like to experiment when I'm wearing my casual clothes.  The goodies your DD is choosing from sound great!  One can never have too many bowls ;)

One more item, We have an old member rejoining!

Distinctives123! I have put him back on the board, and he would like 7 inch squares, any blues!! Please welcome back Lee, and let it rain blue on him!!!!!!!!!! :cheer  :clap  :welcome

Welcome back, Distinctives123!

Well wouldn't you know when I get back from my trip to the Black Hills that Crochetville would be down.  I have not been able to get logged back in since it came back up until today. 

Katy glad to see you got your package and liked the yarn and scarf.  I hope you are having a wonderful reign and have been blitzed with lots of packages.  It will take me awhile to catch up and I guess some of the posts may have been lost.  This is the pattern I used on the scarf.   http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/frilly-crochet-scarf   (LW2750)  You are working back and forth not lengthwise so I can use up all the yarn.  For the blue one I did three sc back and forth.  I did four the first time and didn't think the scarf was long enough so I pulled it apart and redid it. 

As soon as I got home we started having drain problems.  Started by having the old septic tank pumped even though it really wasn't due.  Turns out the pipe going into the tank has snapped off thanks to the drought last year.  The guy that was supposed to come out Mon never showed up so still looking for a repair person.  Hope we don't have to do it ourselves.  Meanwhile having to "rough" it a bit and not put water down the drains. 

Eeeewww... I hope you find/found someone to take care of your problem.  

I just came home from shopping. One of our stores has a limited stock of American brand snacks and food stuffs at the moment. They had root beer advertised in their catalogue and since almost every teenage American novel mentions root beer we wanted to try it. Unfortunately they were sold out. So I'm sitting in front of my fire on this cold rainy day munching on milk duds. No one told me how awesome they were! Shame on you all! Lol

I looooooove Milk Duds!  I hope you find the root beer eventually.  I personally am not a fan of it or of Dr. Pepper.  I will have it only if I am having a burrito (weird, I know!) or if I'm having a root beer float.  Those I just can't get enough of.  As recommended by dragnlady5, try the Rice Krispies treats.  I think you will all love them, and try the s'mores too.  Yum!

I'll have to check out the s'mores. In certain stores here we can get dr pepper, so we have tried that. Root beer floats is what I wanted it for! I checked out what rice crispy treats were and they are our rice bubble bars. My kids get packet ones of those for school so it would be cool to make our own. I found an online australian store that sells all American foods. Now I'm in trouble! I can have a constant supply of tootsie rolls. This can't be good lol! I am thinking to put an order in and these school holidays having an American meal with root beer floats for dessert. We have always wanted to try sloppy joes and I found several dry packet varieties in the store. Which one is the best to make them with?

Wow Paula, guess I never thought of the fact that you wouldn't have our usual foods from over here!

tootsie rolls....yummmmm!

Hope you find your root beer one day! I like it (diet of course!).

kuddles

Never used the powdered sloppy joe mix. I use the canned sauce. do you get much Turkey there? my brother lives in Germany (he was in the army and stayed) He went to the army base commisary and bought a turkey one thanksgiving one year and his German wife fell in love. She was like oh my gosh you can only get this once a year. lol she makes Turkey everytime they can get it now and we make it when they r here for a visit. 

I'm back.

Thank you all for the prayers for my mom. She is home and feeling better. After several tests and scans to rule out other problems the doctors said the abdominal pain was a very bad flare up of irrital bowel syndrome (IBS), she hasn't had a problem with it in a long time and never this bad before.

I've tried to catch up on posts but not very successfully.

I saw a post requesting our favorite colors, mine is red.

Another post asked about marshamallow cream, I like it on bread with peanut butter.

I'm sure there is lots more I should be commenting on, hopefully I will keep up with things a little better now.

This pic so made me laugh out loud, litterally!! done that, been there, that is why my carft room door remains closed to the general population, unless of course, Im in there to supervise!!

My cat got bored today 

17C4F643-orig.jpg

I stopped and bought earplugs. I intend on sleeping no matter if he barks forever! Got the new meds for him......sigh.....once he is completely and I mean completely potty trained, he will be allowed to sleep with Kiddles but I doubt that happens before Christmas at this rate!

Woo hoo!

My all time favorite color is red. I don't tend to wear it though! I love ladybugs, cause of the red. Would love to own a chugabug (volkswagon) in red and I'd paint black spots on it!

I tend to wear more muted colors, since I've always been overweight, probably to try to look slimmer! LOL

For yarn, I love lots of color combos! I love fall colors like rich brown, orange, red but also sassy colors like teal, hot pink, and a nice yellow. Depends on what I'm making!

Wow, that was a long answer!

kuddles

try a warm water bottle, wrapped in a towel, a chew toy, and a ticking clock placed near the crate..the warm reminds them of mama, the clock mocks her heartbeat, and the chew toy, helps prevent boredom! and chewing on something he shouldn't!

Blue has always been my favorite colour but lately I've been leaning towards the teals. For crochet I love chocolate brown with any colour. I've just realized that red is not a colour I use in crochet unless it's a Christmas item or someone has requested it. I'm sure I would be hard pressed to find a full skein in my stash.
To wear I usually pick blue and the vain part of me knows that certain blues make my eyes really stand out. Yellow has also been making itself be known in my wardrobe. You can't help but feel happy wearing such a cheerful colour!

you have blue eyes then, I have green, should wear more green, never wear browns...ha ha....

ohhh, i thought as much on the scarf, poor baby, ripping it out, ha ha, I would do it too though, i have made several now Brenda, thanks to you!!!!! I will pic them one of these days!!!!!!! I love them, and everyone that has seem my blue one, wants one now!

as for my favorite color....green, all shades! I love the earthy tones and I miss the smell of the fresh mowed green grass to the musky deep dark forest. Here in the Arizona desert neither is quite common. 

yeah, mown grass, rain on pavement, fresh watermelon, ha ha ha, smells of summer! And, late June, early July, the smell of sulpher in the air, ha ha!!!!!!!

Milk duds are a personal fav of mne, i always get them at the movies, and eat them with my popcorn!!!!!!!

I'll have to check out the s'mores. In certain stores here we can get dr pepper, so we have tried that. Root beer floats is what I wanted it for! I checked out what rice crispy treats were and they are our rice bubble bars. My kids get packet ones of those for school so it would be cool to make our own. I found an online australian store that sells all American foods. Now I'm in trouble! I can have a constant supply of tootsie rolls. This can't be good lol! I am thinking to put an order in and these school holidays having an American meal with root beer floats for dessert. We have always wanted to try sloppy joes and I found several dry packet varieties in the store. Which one is the best to make them with?

I too use manwich in the can or jar, but Heinz, or hunts probably make a good dry mix as does McCormicks!

Got one person that has not received her Free For all, from her partner, and although benefit of the doubt is she mailed, it's just lost in the system, we must try to correct this lil oversight!! No answer from her secret partner as of yet on said package.

Soooooo Im asking for an angel hero or two, to make her some squares, and or put in some "special little items" into a puffy, and sent it her way!

Any takers??? Let me know pm, and I will give you the details....Thanks everyone, you'da best!!!!!!!!

Sorry, been a bit away. Wasn't intentional. I'm busy making some bunting for Felicia's 2nd birthday, which is coming up. On Saturday 6th we are having a party, a teddybears picnic, so the bunting is for that. Her birthday isn't until the 10th  though.

As for favourite colours, I like my earthy colours. Nothing too bright. Infact the brightest piece of clothing I have is a red t-shirt with a black chequered heart motif on it. I like browns, greens, maroon, biege, mellow reds, purples.

Wow! All this talk of American food, or as all of you would call it... food. Mr Skoggy found an American candy store in the mall he works near. He now loves Milk Duds as well. As some of you know, I love Jelly Belly beans and Flipz. Can't get enough of them. I like Root Beer and Dr Pepper, and floats with them are just sooooo scrummy! I also like Dandelion and Burdock but I don't know if you have that in the States. It is like Root Beet and Sarsaparilla. Apparently it tastes like Sarsaparilla as well. :)

Can you guys get Big Red over there? I know it is only available over here in the north eastern states mostly.  Try it if u can find some. it make good floats too

Big Red? To me thats a cinnamon chewing gum. :)

My fav color is purple, but I'm told that blue is my color as far as clothing.  I do tend to wear a lot of blues/ dark colors, although I'm trying to brighten up my wardrobe with some pretty yellows and pinks!  When it comes to yarn, I like most all colors other than black and only because it is so hard on my eyes.

One more item, We have an old member rejoining!

Distinctives123! I have put him back on the board, and he would like 7 inch squares, any blues!! Please welcome back Lee, and let it rain blue on him!!!!!!!!!! :cheer  :clap  :welcome

Welcome back Lee!!!

My cat got bored today 

17C4F643-orig.jpg

Oh no!!!

Isn't that the way things happen.  Go away for a bit, come home and things fall apart!  Hope you can get it fixed soon with little trouble.

I'm so happy I we just bought floor seats for Jimmy Buffet!!! OOOOOOOOO I"m so excited!!! It's October but I'm excited anyway!! Anyone else consider themselves a parroted? We even  have a margaritavlle restaurant close to us, which is awesome! 

ouch on the yarn...I bet she/he had fun!! 

Awesome!!!

Yummy! Love Milk Duds!  I love marshmallow and peanut butter sandwiches (fluffernutter sandwiches!)  Yummo!  S'mores are always great too, or in hot chocolate or heck just grab a spoon and eat it out of the jar, lol!

Archived