Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

My friend got a little puppy and it wasn't housetrained. She bought those pads that are supposed to attract the dogs to do there duty on there.  I don't work with her any more, but from what she told me, they worked pretty well.  Every once and a while she would find droppings, but not all the time. Most of the time he would do it just on the pad.  You might want to try those.  At least it trains the dog to only go on the pad, not all over the place.  You might have to set several of them up throughout the home, though.

Well, getting ready to go for my walk.  I am really tired today, taking meds for allergies and such.  Need some coffee, but I believe when I get out there and start walking I will be alright.

Happy hooking to all!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, Katie, I didn't get the place I wanted, unfortunately.  I found a small mobile home around the corner from me that I can rent short term, until I can find the place that I really want!  It's a little more expensive than I really wanted to spend, but all utilities are included, even cable tv (I can actually watch TV again, yeah!!!).  My plan is to be there for a few months and then see what is out there again.  I did look at one apartment that I really liked, the only thing I didn't like was the fact that the only bedroom could be gotten to just through the bedroom.  While I don't intend on having company over (I never do!), you never know!  What if I have guests over and they have to go to the bedroom to go potty!  While my bedroom would be clean, that is MY space!

Any who, I trust God is going to supply my needs, not going to trip out.  Just hate moving.  Once I find a place, I am not planning on moving until I buy a home, or get married, whichever comes first!!! 

Thanks for the puppy tips! Took him to the vet this morning and basically found out it takes a long time for a puppy to learn. They simply can't help it. Will do my best, clean up accidents, and just love him!

Kiddles just said 'sometimes I wish we didn't have a dog'........LOL. She wanted to take him back the first nite! But she has a huge lazy bone so I think all the work a puppy takes is getting to her. Good! She needs it!

kuddles

Kuddles treats and praises.  Take him out every time he eats or drinks. take him to the same spot everytime. dnt pay him any attention dont talk to him. or tell him to hurry. when u see that his is about to potty come up with a command. for my dogs it is hurry up lol. after he potties then praise him tell him what a good doggie he is and give him a treat. Same routine every time. feed and water and take him out same time every time. I had my Dogs puppies potty trained at 2 months old with this routine. I started as soon as they started walking and had eyes open

Kuddles treats and praises.  Take him out every time he eats or drinks. take him to the same spot everytime. dnt pay him any attention dont talk to him. or tell him to hurry. when u see that his is about to potty come up with a command. for my dogs it is hurry up lol. after he potties then praise him tell him what a good doggie he is and give him a treat. Same routine every time. feed and water and take him out same time every time. I had my Dogs puppies potty trained at 2 months old with this routine. I started as soon as they started walking and had eyes open

Wow, this sounds great! I hadn't thought of the treat part.....do you give the treat even if he doesn't potty outside or only if he does?

Oh yeah, I forgot about the treats!  She did do that for him as well, and when she would give him water, she would run him outside real quick like. 

My biggest issue he will be alone all day.....we will all survive somehow!

kuddles

keep him in the crate while your gone he will learn. most animals wont potty where they sleep

Yeah that is what the vet said......and that it will take a while so to be patient!

LOL I can TRY that! Patience.....is that a virtue? Hope not! LOL

kuddles

I use the puppy pads too for Coco. I started using them when the puppies first started walking and mum stopped cleaning them up. I kept them near their bedding until they caught on to use the pads. As they got older I slowly moved the pad closer to the back door. Now if I'm home she goes into the courtyard, otherwise we still have pads set up in a couple of places for when I'm at work.

Your new puppy is adorable!

hi ya all.

New puppies are a job, and a joy! I was so lucky with my dogs, as we usually had two, an older one, that knew things like going potty outside,and would then "train" the new one......It always worked out well for us.....

Got a question for any of you out there, and I will post as well, in other topics, lol but I found in my cook books, a fat binder full of some books of cake decorating.....THey are called Mailbox News, and feature many cakes, and decorating ideas, techniques, some pages in color, and there are two years worth of them!! from April 1987 to April 1989, 24 copies, the books are all bound in a notebook, and they all have anywhere between 45 and 50 pages of foodie stuff and many cakes in each issue......Just was wondering if anyone dabbled in cake decorating, and might be interested in buying the whole lot here at the ville, then I won't list it on ebay... You can see from this pic of someone else's listing, what it looks like, and you can pm me if you want to find out more. I will give you all first shot, and then post to other topics, and then ebay, Someone should have this collection.... So very much info, recipies, cake frostings, how to present the food, many ideas here and much info.... Well, pm me in the next couple of days, or off i go, to other topics, and or ebay! Thanks all....

Didn't get to my closet today as you see, lol but did get that pesky cookbook and baking supplies cupboard allllllll straightened up. Got a call in to dd, to see if she wants my set of six stainless steel graduated mixing bowls, as I haven't used them for at least 10years, i have a couple ceramic bowls that were my moms that i used for cake mixes and such....

I found three rolling pins as well, one is my moms, one is mine, and one is a pampered chef one someone gifted me that sits in a little wooden holder. I placed them all lovingly back in the cupboard for now, lol

Gosh, old memories in those cook books, handwirtten by me, my mom, m,y gramma in some cases!

Anyway, just wanted to get that out there,about the cake decorating,  and see if anyone here would be interested in buying them. thanks for reading this, and take care all , we had another storm move through tht really did some damage to some, not here, thank goodness, but lots of trees down, power outages, and mayhem in other neighborhoods...........

Take care! Below are two links to what I have, thanks.

here is the link to what Im talking about..http://www.amazon.com/Mailbox-News-Scandinavia-Issues-August/dp/B00405K2AE/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1372120184&sr=8-9&keywords=mailbox+news.I have 24 or 25 issues, and a nice binder to keep them in...

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3984.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xmailbox+news+phamplets&_nkw=mailbox+news+phamplets&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Scroll down a few  pics......and please Forgive me for pandering, just wanted to give yu all first crack............

I use the puppy pads too for Coco. I started using them when the puppies first started walking and mum stopped cleaning them up. I kept them near their bedding until they caught on to use the pads. As they got older I slowly moved the pad closer to the back door. Now if I'm home she goes into the courtyard, otherwise we still have pads set up in a couple of places for when I'm at work.

Your new puppy is adorable!

Yeah he just rips up the puppy pads so can't put those down.

Even bigger issue: he barks ALL nite in the crate and even though it is in the living room, we can clearly hear him in our bedrooms. Kiddles slept through a big part of the nite, but I didn't sleep at all. I can't believe he could bark literally all nite! I hope this is very temporary! Yikes!

kuddles

Yep, that's the one, Maria! I want to make a quilt based on the game world somehow. I'm sure people already have, but I'm afraid to look for them because then I'll feel like I'm just stealing someone else's idea!

So many sympathies, Kuddles!!! (Haha, my phone just offered to autocomplete "Kuddles"!) ours did the same thing at first after we brought her home and we felt the same way. We ended up bringing her crate into our room because that was the only way we could get any sleep. Once she got accustomed to us and the house we were able to put her back in the living room at night. Hopefully your little guy will settle down soon!

My dogs sleep with me So never had that problem.Is he happy in the crate when others are in the house? I have heard that if you leave a radio playing near them the voice soothes them cause they feel like someone is around

He isn't in the crate when we are home so don't know but he barks pretty much as soon as we put him in it.

I read on line about the radio, def gonna do that tonite! Plus blanket over the top, leaving the front uncovered so it feels more like a little cave and safe.

Just found out he has a critter in him that he needs new meds for. Besides the deworming! Oh joy!

kuddles

My dogs sleep with me So never had that problem.Is he happy in the crate when others are in the house? I have heard that if you leave a radio playing near them the voice soothes them cause they feel like someone is around

He isn't in the crate when we are home so don't know but he barks pretty much as soon as we put him in it.

I read on line about the radio, def gonna do that tonite! Plus blanket over the top, leaving the front uncovered so it feels more like a little cave and safe.

Just found out he has a critter in him that he needs new meds for. Besides the deworming! Oh joy!

kuddles

Sorry he's keeping you awake.  Our dogs have always slept in our room and ummm, Miss Juno won out and sleeps with us, something DH said he'd never allow, lol.

Hello Squares!!! :cheer

I got a puffy yesterday! The mail here doesn't come till like late aft, so by the time I got it, It was not good light for a pic, so here it is now!!! This came from Pat 54, thanks so much Pat, love the pattern, is it one you can share, he he, love the colors too!! Thank you so much, they will find a home in my friendship ghan, for sure!!!!!!!!!!! :ty  :ty  :ty  :welcome

post-40621-0-18031900-1372186640_thumb.jpg

oh  also, need to know everyones favorite color, lol, Mine is and will always be, blues, probably, what color do you tend to wear more than others, why do you like it, and how does "your color" make you feel... Quite a homework assignment, I realize, but imperitive to answer, ha ha.......till later then, you all have a great and glorious day!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh, dd,did take the stainless steel mixing bowls set, without hesitation, lol and a rolling pin, some cookie cutters, and some cookbooks, like there was ever any doubt, he he he!!!!!!!!!!! :manyheart

Archived