Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

well good morning.

hardly awake here, morning diet coke is out there, two sips out of it so far, so bear with me, lol

I plan on showing dd my sashay, Im going to sashay around all day today, wearing it, just because!!!! I can't wait to get started on one myself, I have watched many videos, but wonders how Bgs got hers so full and pretty and what pattern SHE used!!!!!! lol

yeah, the totes were darling, you are quite the talented one Ms. Kuddles!!

Rattlesnakes and scorpions, well hey, TWO very good reasons NOT to reside in Az, if you ask me, not knocking it, just couldn't deal with that, just as I can't deal with too much rain in Washington, or too many beaches and flowers in Hawaii, oh wait, that I could deal with I think, lol (wink)

I feel pretty, oh so pretty, i was singing that whilst sasahaying in my blue sashay!!!!!!!

Ok, well, big din din today, dd is heading over bout noon, and hope she brings something to watch on tv, cause I don't think much of the line up for today, lol.

Talk to you later, gotta scrub that bathroom down!!!! My jello cake is done, and is getting cool in the fridge, the chicken is soaking in salt water, ( makes the chicken oh so tender) and the potato salad needs mixing up today, as i did the potatoes and eggs yesterday, only have to add the onions,and some trims, and mayo of course!!!!

Heres a question for you all. when you have to use mayo, what kind do you prefer.... I am a Miracle Lite fan, for things like tato salad, but like Helmans lite on sandwichs and such....Go figure!!!!! All for now, Gotta sashay my little buns and finish things up before noonish!!!!!!!!!! Best of the best, those of you with fathers, i hope you remember them today!! I didn't really know my dad, as he died when I was very young...My mom at the time, thought it best NOT to take us little kids, (me and my little sis) to the funeral, so I don't really have any memories of all of him. Isn't that a gyp!!!!!!!                 But I remember him on his day, and birthday,none the less.....

That jello cake sounds yummy.  Too bad I can't have it :(  Mayo?  Love the stuff.  I know it's not the best thing out there, but I can't help it.  I cannot get used to lite mayo.  So I have it once in a long while.  That should be okay.  

Katie, here's another pattern you might want to try.  It's supposed to be easier, faster, more ruffled, and makes for a longer scarf:

Hope you get some rest after your busy day.  I'm curious, what is "birria".

I make beef birria.  It's a mixture of different cuts of beef that you simmer for a few hours with some spices and then make a red sauce that is strained and added to the beef.  It ends up a darkish red color.  There's another salsa you make separately to garnish.  I use my mom's secret recipe.  It just makes it better than any store-bought birria.  You have it with rice and beans, of course.  Here's a description.  Keep in mind I usually make it out of beef, not goat or lamb or mutton.

Not been well this weekend. ended up in hospital with a kidney stone, irritable bowle syndrome plus they said i have a cyst in my liver and arthritis in my back. might try to catch up on posts later. but just letting you know i am still around

Ooooh!  Ouch!  Just having a kidney stone is bad enough.  Praying that all of those issues are resolved very, very soon and that you feel completely better :hug

I couldn't imagine scorpions!!!  We deal with these huge cockroaches that fly!!  It has nothing to do if you have a clean house or not, they live in the trees I heard and them come looking for someplace cool in this heat!  The first one I ever say was the first night I lived here, and it freaked me out!!!  I had boxes sitting around still and it was the middle of the night.  I heard something scritch scratching and thought I had a mouse.  Well, it wasn't!  I was one of the flying cockroaches.  I didn't know they flew until later.  I was at work early one morning and saw one, and when one of the guys from work tried to kill it, it flew at me!!!  When these things walk on bare floors, it sounds like a dog walking!  Sorry to gross ya'll out!! LOL

That reminded me of something!  When I was in elementary school and performing at some school function, the principal walked up to the stage to stand beside the chorus teacher.  They were presenting awards for something or other.  I was up on the stage but standing on the bleachers with the chorus.  Down comes a flying roach from the stage rafters and lands straight on the principal's shoulder.  When the chorus teacher notices it and tells the principal, he starts brushing at his shoulder, and it flies into the chorus teacher's hair!  It was such a spectacle with her screeching and shaking her hair until the thing flew to the floor, landing on the perfect place for the gigantic principal with equally gigantic feet to stomp on it.  :lol

My FFA package was delivered on Friday.  I hope the recipient picks it up soon :)

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whew, so much to catch up on and in just 24 hours!

Kristy, feel better!

Lauren, what a day!

Yeah for puffies arriving!

Today starts my 6 weeks of longer Monday - Thursday then Fridays off. While I love having the Fridays off (so does Kiddles), working the long hours the other days to make it up is torture! And shortened lunch hour so can't go anywhere!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Oh and Katie, I finally have your package figured out and will get it in the mail hopefully even today! So be on the lookout for some fun!

Hugs!

kuddles

Oh Katie, June Square, pstttt over here.......

I'm sending out your package today and I love it when priority mail costs less than the package service!! So in 2 or 3 days, you'll get a box from me and I can't wait to hear how you like it!

It is already super hot and muggy here, glad I'm inside!

Take care!

kuddles

OMG im so excited! I can't wait till it get here Kuddles!!! wowzers, this is like my birthday, AND Christmas!!!!!!!!! I will post as soon as it comes, well, ill open it first, lol      wow, thank you in advance!!!! :manyheart  :clap

ANgel, yes! I have that turtorial on my saved list, actually I did it the same way, but did 12 or so in between instead of the 10, and Maggie's, was like 8, so I tried 12, lol worked really well, I will post soon...thank you for the tutorial, she is very clear, it's coming easier the further i got into it, but at first was a bit hard to get used to, without wrapping something around something, you know, lol thank you for the great tut!! ..and she uses the exact sashay yarn i used too, on this tutorial!! That's how mine looks!! wow......

Flying critters, makes me nervous, as do jumpers, runners, and sliding critters, lol sooooooooooo much for that!

my scarf measures about 64 maybe long, which left me over just a bit on the  ball, but it is made to order to me! I would have had enough to make it even longer, if need be.......

Im excited to hear most puffys are out, and I think we are wrapping up the May Free For all, can't wait to see pics ladies, so when it comes....... :yay

DOes anyone have any comments about the free for all?? Was it good, would you do it again, did you have fun, etc... Let me know, ok :waving

Well, i sent home fried chicken, potato salad, cake, and corn on the cob with dd yesterday, and still, my fridge is full with all of the left overs. guess we'll be eating that for lunch today!! lol :heart

Going out to the po too, if I feel up to it, down with a sinus thing, but hopefully this too shall pass! I have a couple puffys heading out, later on today, if weather permits too, as storms are predicted later on as well.....I love these scarves, Im hooked, they are fairly simple, and turn out like a pro! I kept putting off trying one, cause couldn't justify spending for the yarn, just to screw it up, as I thought I might!! But now, really, I think I got it!!!!!!!! lol    :cheer      

Well, im off, everyone have a great and glorious crochet day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :clap

Good Morning Everyone!

LOOK!!!!!!!!!!  A puffy came today!!!!! From our Bgs!! I am in shock!!

One sashay scarf in blue my favorite color!! and two skeins of yarn to try to do it myself!!!!!!!

I just don't know what to say Brenda, thank you seems so insanely inadequate, but thank you so much, I absolutely never expected this!!! Im am not worthy!!!!!! she says, as she prances around with said scarf around her neck!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo, im in heaven!!!!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gif100_3440.jpgattachicon.gif100_3439.jpg

The scarf is beautiful and I can't wait to see the one you make.

Not been well this weekend. ended up in hospital with a kidney stone, irritable bowle syndrome plus they said i have a cyst in my liver and arthritis in my back. might try to catch up on posts later. but just letting you know i am still around

Hope you're feeling better.

Yesterday was busy with church and grandkids who were here later than usual since their parents decided to go to the movies with friends. DGD talked me into making her a doll blanket, while she was picking out yarn from my stash my DGS decided to grab a skein of teal yarn and informed me that he needs a blanket too, they like to keep me busy. Today I'm doing some sewing and then off to church this evening to help with the divorce care for kids group.

Today's pretties are presented by grannyannie.

post-4459-0-63240900-1371476761_thumb.jpg

HERE it is in all its glory!! my first ever sashay scarf!!!!!! I love love love them, they are terrific!! Thanks to Bgs, for starting me on this new addiction!!!!!!!!!!       all that is left is the small ball in the middle!!!!!!    It measures a little over 60 inches, personalized, for me, but I could have made it longer, if so needed!

post-40621-0-94773800-1371479875_thumb.jpg

HERE it is in all its glory!! my first ever sashay scarf!!!!!! I love love love them, they are terrific!! Thanks to Bgs, for starting me on this new addiction!!!!!!!!!!       all that is left is the small ball in the middle!!!!!!    It measures a little over 60 inches, personalized, for me, but I could have made it longer, if so needed!

attachicon.gif100_3441b.jpg

Katie, it is beautiful!

That is beautiful Katie!!

Well, I am waiting on a call about an apartment, it is almost $300 less a month than what I am paying now.  It is a little ways a way, about 20 minutes from the church so not so much, and is a straight shot down the street.  The lady explained there was one other lady that was approved but she never came back or contacted them again.  Me, I am praying really hard for this as this is my ideal rent.  The bedroom is nice size, I believe there was tile in the apartment.  I know she has verified my job as she called and the phone comes to me when you dial the operator.  The attorney text me that he talked to her (I am home today).  I called a bit ago and the lady said the owner was out at the moment so she hasn't gotten a chance to talk to her yet.  It's clean and it's quiet there, except for it is by a hospital so the sirens probably go all through the night some times.  So, here I am praying!!!!

I have some squares started, some finished.  I just need to start matching things up with people, put them in the envelopes and get to the PO. 

Have a great day all.  it is very hot and humid here.  The last two days the sun has been out and it starts to thunder and rain, but it only does it for about 5-10 minutes and then stops.  Sun just keeps on shining, though!  Crazy weather!

Take care of yourself and get well soon! :hug

The package actually arrived yesterday, but I didn't have a chance to get online yesterday given that it was pretty horrible. I went for a run at a local park in the morning with our dog - somewhere in the 1.6 miles of hills we did, I lost both her license tag AND the car key. We did the whole loop again - poor dog was worn out; every time we stopped by a puddle she flopped her whole self down in it - and didn't find them; eventually I had to call my husband to come pick us up with the other car. Of course he had to bring the little guy along, and then he stayed to search while I took the dog home to rest. Little guy and I went back over and we all looked a little more and eventually gave up and went home for food and a desperate search for the spare key - which had been missing for weeks. Did I mention my purse was locked in the car as well? Eventually I went back to the park and with the aid of a bent curtain rod was able to haul my purse up to where I could grab the handles, and thank heavens the spare key was in an outside pocket. It was A Day, I can tell you! But I did get to hear for the rest of the day "Mommy, Daddy and I come a wescue you and Wottie! You happy now?" which was *plenty* adorable.

When I was about 13-14 years old, my mom flushed her keys down a toilet at JC Penney. Talk about panic-stricken! We had to call my dad (who worked about 30 minutes away) to come bring the spare key!

I make beef birria.  It's a mixture of different cuts of beef that you simmer for a few hours with some spices and then make a red sauce that is strained and added to the beef.  It ends up a darkish red color.  There's another salsa you make separately to garnish.  I use my mom's secret recipe.  It just makes it better than any store-bought birria.  You have it with rice and beans, of course.  Here's a description.  Keep in mind I usually make it out of beef, not goat or lamb or mutton.

Thanks for the explanation and link.   Sounds like something hubby would like.

Today starts my 6 weeks of longer Monday - Thursday then Fridays off. While I love having the Fridays off (so does Kiddles), working the long hours the other days to make it up is torture! And shortened lunch hour so can't go anywhere!

Hope everyone has a great week!

Hugs!

kuddles

I know how long those "short" weeks can be, but just remember how wonderful the long weekend is! (hope that made sense, lol.  It's been a long day here)  You and Kiddles can have all kinds of fun this summer!

DOes anyone have any comments about the free for all?? Was it good, would you do it again, did you have fun, etc... Let me know, ok :waving

Going out to the po too, if I feel up to it, down with a sinus thing, but hopefully this too shall pass! I have a couple puffys heading out, later on today, if weather permits too, as storms are predicted later on as well.....I love these scarves, Im hooked, they are fairly simple, and turn out like a pro! I kept putting off trying one, cause couldn't justify spending for the yarn, just to screw it up, as I thought I might!! But now, really, I think I got it!!!!!!!! lol    :cheer      

Well, im off, everyone have a great and glorious crochet day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :clap

I think the Free For All was great!  I'd be happy to do it again in a couple months or so!  I hope you feel better soon.  I talked to my oldest son yesterday and he said they have something going around their house too, not sure if it's a cold or allergies.  Geez, everyone is getting sick and it's just the beginning of summer.

attachicon.gif100_3441b.jpg

It's beautiful!!!

That is beautiful Katie!!

Well, I am waiting on a call about an apartment, it is almost $300 less a month than what I am paying now.  It is a little ways a way, about 20 minutes from the church so not so much, and is a straight shot down the street.  The lady explained there was one other lady that was approved but she never came back or contacted them again.  Me, I am praying really hard for this as this is my ideal rent.  The bedroom is nice size, I believe there was tile in the apartment.  I know she has verified my job as she called and the phone comes to me when you dial the operator.  The attorney text me that he talked to her (I am home today).  I called a bit ago and the lady said the owner was out at the moment so she hasn't gotten a chance to talk to her yet.  It's clean and it's quiet there, except for it is by a hospital so the sirens probably go all through the night some times.  So, here I am praying!!!!

I have some squares started, some finished.  I just need to start matching things up with people, put them in the envelopes and get to the PO. 

Have a great day all.  it is very hot and humid here.  The last two days the sun has been out and it starts to thunder and rain, but it only does it for about 5-10 minutes and then stops.  Sun just keeps on shining, though!  Crazy weather!

Prayers said for you for the apartment...

Hi ladies,

I won't be on much for a few days.  My laptop computer was hacked this morning!  I went to what should have been a safe site.  It was a government site, and the next thing you know a pop up says that my computer is being held for ransome.  I have to pay $300 to get it back within 2 days or they will wipe it clean!  I'm in a panic.  Hubby has contacted our anti-virus company, but it doesn't look like there is much that can be done.  Why do people do this?  My computer is my life.  I'm so depressed right now.  Well, that's my story for today, besides dealing with a new health insurance company as of 7/1 which is going to cost us a ton more $$$ and one of  hubby's lighters exploded in the van today and put a big crack in the door near the controls!  Luckily it wasn't in his pocket!  Maybe that will get him to stop smoking! (yea, right, lol)  Sorry for the rant.  I'm done now.  I'll try to pop in when I can.  Hopefully I'll be able to get my 'puter fixed soon or use this one.  Take care all.  I'm off to my hooks and yarn!

Hi ladies,

I won't be on much for a few days.  My laptop computer was hacked this morning!  I went to what should have been a safe site.  It was a government site, and the next thing you know a pop up says that my computer is being held for ransome.  I have to pay $300 to get it back within 2 days or they will wipe it clean!  I'm in a panic.  Hubby has contacted our anti-virus company, but it doesn't look like there is much that can be done.  Why do people do this?  My computer is my life.  I'm so depressed right now.  Well, that's my story for today, besides dealing with a new health insurance company as of 7/1 which is going to cost us a ton more $$$ and one of  hubby's lighters exploded in the van today and put a big crack in the door near the controls!  Luckily it wasn't in his pocket!  Maybe that will get him to stop smoking! (yea, right, lol)  Sorry for the rant.  I'm done now.  I'll try to pop in when I can.  Hopefully I'll be able to get my 'puter fixed soon or use this one.  Take care all.  I'm off to my hooks and yarn!

What the ???? How can that happen? Yikes! Oh honey, I'm so sorry this happened to you!

Hugs!!

kuddles

I think I would wait it out grannyannie, sounds like a scam to me, trying to scare you into giving someone 300 bucks. Im hoping it is a scam, and you don't fall for it, and everything comes out fine, with no harm done to said puter.....I got a feeling on this one, I hope it is a scam and nothing more serious.......

I don't think there is a way to wipe out someones computer that way, anyone know a computer tech to ask, lol but seriously, I would be worried too, but before I gave ANYONE 300 bucks on their threat, I would call a computer tech, like the guys at best buy, or something, they have always been extreemly helpful when I call them about stuff........good luck, keep us posted....

Unfortunately, there may be nothing you can do.  This is something the federal government warned about earlier in the year.  Here are some links to read and where to report:

http://www.securitycentral.org.nz/cybersecurity-for-small-businesses/dealing-with-ransomware-and-remote-access-hacking/

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/shared/ransomware.aspx

I followed some of the links Maria posted and it doesn't really look promising, no. Leave it in the hands of your computer people and see what they can do. It looks as though some of the ransomware software can be treated so maybe you'll be lucky and the variant you have is one they've found a way around.

I've got pictures! Or will, once I edit this post from my phone. :) I hadn't found all the prizes yet, it turned out! There's also a little zipper bag with some crochet hooks and labels in it, and the bag will work much better for hooks than the box I'm using now, and a little glass butterfly. And what the little guy thinks was the best, a Matchbox car! I told him I had another surprise for him after we had dessert, and handed it to him. The car watched a movie with us (ten minutes of "Mystery Kitty Cat"), read bedtime stories with us, and went to bed clutched in two little hands. :manyheart His comment on it was, "I wuv dis car."

post-62070-0-78387400-1371522894_thumb.jpgpost-62070-0-84278200-1371522979_thumb.jpg

Still around still fighting this stone. In alot of pain still and in love with the pain pills. but they make me sleep alot also. 

Flying roaches. ewww i couldnt handel that.

prayers for the house

Hope the computer issue gets resolved

Night guys thanks for all the well wishes

My pastor had that happen to him.  He took it to Best Buy, the fixed it for him and put on Norton for 20 a year!  It is worth it, no more hacking!  I actually think it is a scam from what they told him, but they put Norton on it to prevent that from happening again.

I still haven't heard anything about the apartment.  i am trusting God, I believe it is mine.  It is the price I asked for, so that way I can get out of debt and still give to help the church expand it's territory!

Viking, is that sock yarn I see?  I have 5 skeins of sock yarn that look just like the yarn in the picture.  It was given to me in a swap, and I was going to make a lightweight shawl but last week saw it has wool in it, and I am allergic to wool!  So, if it is sockyarn, let me know.  I can send you my 5 skeins since I can't use them!!!

grannyannie I'm so sorry all that happened to you. I hope you get it all fixed. I would be depressed too. And I am with you because I just don't understand why people do that to others. They wouldn't be happy if it happened to them. Hugs sending your way.

Beautiful blocks?

Love the scarf to and the colors. I made one just like it.

Recent totes I made......the animal batik is for ME! Finally used it and I absolutely love it! Chug a bug tote for Kiddles - we shout out everytime we see one when we are in the car. And the old fashioned fabric one I made for a sweetie at work as a thank you for giving me several yards of the material . Just thought I'd throw some eye candy on here!

Love your bags. Is it your own pattern?

:O I received a puffy this morning from our Queen!!! In it was 4 yummy chocolate square! They are going to look gorgeous in my ghan. I will post a picture later. Thanks Katy :hug

I followed some of the links Maria posted and it doesn't really look promising, no. Leave it in the hands of your computer people and see what they can do. It looks as though some of the ransomware software can be treated so maybe you'll be lucky and the variant you have is one they've found a way around.

I've got pictures! Or will, once I edit this post from my phone. :) I hadn't found all the prizes yet, it turned out! There's also a little zipper bag with some crochet hooks and labels in it, and the bag will work much better for hooks than the box I'm using now, and a little glass butterfly. And what the little guy thinks was the best, a Matchbox car! I told him I had another surprise for him after we had dessert, and handed it to him. The car watched a movie with us (ten minutes of "Mystery Kitty Cat"), read bedtime stories with us, and went to bed clutched in two little hands. :manyheart His comment on it was, "I wuv dis car."

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Wow!

Love your bags. Is it your own pattern?

No but really just a simple tote, you could find instructions on line somewhere I'm sure!

:O I received a puffy this morning from our Queen!!! In it was 4 yummy chocolate square! They are going to look gorgeous in my ghan. I will post a picture later. Thanks Katy :hug

Yippee!!!

Take care, gotta run!

kuddles

grannyannie.... :hug  I'd be sooo mad! I live and breath off my computers. I too did hear about that scam a while back, so sorry!  I hope it's a quick fix and see you back soon!

very nice package vikingruninggirl...love the fun bright colors!

dragnlady.... :flower  feel better soon! Those can be tough! 

Cockroaches and scorpions are tough enough, I really think I'd end up in the looney bin if the cockroaches can fly!!  :eek  I can't stand to go near them they give me the heebie-jeebies and I freeze up. LOL! I did that with a scorpion too! I had to dig deep down and kill that sucker, it took all my might! The stupid thing was only 3" long but still (((shiver))) I squished it with the top of the bug spray can since the actual bug spray just pissed it off. Thank goodness nothing in this new house and the bug man is coming today!! Oh what a happy day!!

Another crochet day today! Okay, I actually have to work on a few bills but I did manage to get to Hobby Lobby and pick up some nice lavender yarn and a few tote on clearance! Woo-hoo!! 

Archived