Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The online store I found had the big red soft drink. We have huge frozen turkey for Christmas every year. But we have the yummy stuffed turkey roll in the supermarket freezers all year long.

I forgot to add. Welcome back Lee!

I just came home from shopping. One of our stores has a limited stock of American brand snacks and food stuffs at the moment. They had root beer advertised in their catalogue and since almost every teenage American novel mentions root beer we wanted to try it. Unfortunately they were sold out. So I'm sitting in front of my fire on this cold rainy day munching on milk duds. No one told me how awesome they were! Shame on you all! Lol

I brought a can of marshmallow whip. What am I supposed to do with it?

I never liked root beer or root beer floats.  Love Milk Duds.  We usually buy the marshmallow whip to make fudge.  They also mix it with cream cheese to make a dip or topping for fruit. 

Just got home from the dentist...had to do a little touch-up on a filling I had a few weeks ago. Everything went smoothly (my dentist is awesome so things are usually good) and I am NUMB NUMB NUMB right now!!! My dinner is a milkshake!

Does anyone here do any loom knitting? I bought a Martha Stewart loom kit and I've been trying it, and my patience wears very thin when I have that loom on my lap!

I really think my posts are disappearing!! I type them, I send them, I see them, then BOOM,next time, they are gone!!

Im looking for an angel or hero, if you will to fill a puffy for someone that did not receive their Free For All puffy.. Anyone game, so far, I have one angel, but we could always use another couple, lol Lemme know if you are interested, by pm,and Ill give you the details........thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said it isnt sold in all states. I am in Indiana it is in every store and resturant around. but when  i lived in South Dakota we didnt have it. Nor did we have it in mississippi

as for Big Red,       one would think that in this state, where the football is soooo dang popular, and they call them, Big Red, that we would have that, but I can't remember seeing on the store shelves, I think we used to, but not lately........I like the gum too though!!

All my werther's sugar free candies that arrived in a puffy, are now gone, lol     Gotta get more!!!!! Also good, are the Russel Stover sugar free Turtles,,,,,,wow, taste just like heaven!!!!!

I fancy Reese's too, the cups, not the pieces, or the minis though, they lose something going that small, at least to me, lol

Enough of this about candy, Im hungry now, and all i have are blueberry muffins that might quench my sweet tooth......and they aren't even made yet, lol   

Hello Squares!!! :cheer

I got a puffy yesterday! The mail here doesn't come till like late aft, so by the time I got it, It was not good light for a pic, so here it is now!!! This came from Pat 54, thanks so much Pat, love the pattern, is it one you can share, he he, love the colors too!! Thank you so much, they will find a home in my friendship ghan, for sure!!!!!!!!!!! :ty  :ty  :ty  :welcome

attachicon.gif100_3453.jpg

I'm glad you like them.  Actually I had just received the book "100 Colorful Granny Squares to Crochet" and both patterns came out of there.

Hello Everyone, I do peek in occassionally but I have not been on the ville much.  Between PT for my knees and back to work full time, I just seem to exhausted lately to do much of anything.  I really want to get back into the swing of things but everyone keeps telling me it takes time.  I am hoping by September I will be back to better than normal, since normal wasn't so good before surgery, lol.  I know I promised Katie I would take pics of all my squares since I have enough but haven't put it together yet but have been too lazy to go pull out the boxes I put them in.  I will get around to it Katie, I promise.

oh, no problem Pat, we look forward to seeing goodies though anytime you feel up to it is fine with us!! :clap

Well thanks going out to the THREE  angel / Heros, that pm'd me, and  we will get  out puffys to our free for all gal that didn't get one yet!!

Its a win win situation, if her partners package does show up later, she gets to keep that, and ours!! lol thanks again ladies, :ty  you know who you are, and Im in the PINK about this now!! I don't know what I could have done differently to prevent this from happening, but we will make it up to her!! :clap

Ohhhhh Mandy!!I I got a puffy today from you!!!! :day

They are resting comfortably on my work table, stretching out their stitches, after traveling in such a cozy puffy, lol THANK YOU< I will post pics tomorrow, aft probably as I have a brunch tomorrow am, they are gorgeous, yellow, blue, and green!! The patterns are just lovely! You are so talented!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU MANDY!!!! :ty  :manyheart

oh, no problem Pat, we look forward to seeing goodies though anytime you feel up to it is fine with us!! :clap

Well thanks going out to the two angel / Heros, that pm'd me, and between the three of us, we will get  out puffys to our free for all gal that didn't get one yet!!

Its a win win situation, if her partners package does show up later, she gets to keep that, and ours!! lol thanks again ladies, :ty  you know who you are, and Im in the PINK about this now!! I don't know what I could have done differently to prevent this from happening, but we will make it up to her!! :clap

I hope the original package gets to her.  I know from experience that the post office sometimes drops the ball, and it seemed to be doing that a lot for a while.  At least now the Priority Mail seems to be a good way to send packages.  So if she gets that package as well as the angels' packages, even better!  It's really good that we didn't have more people not receiving anything.  I think we must do this again.  Thanks for all your hard work, Katie :)

Just got home from the dentist...had to do a little touch-up on a filling I had a few weeks ago. Everything went smoothly (my dentist is awesome so things are usually good) and I am NUMB NUMB NUMB right now!!! My dinner is a milkshake!

Does anyone here do any loom knitting? I bought a Martha Stewart loom kit and I've been trying it, and my patience wears very thin when I have that loom on my lap!

I don't have Martha's loom.  By the time she came out with it I already had most all the Knifty Knitters and a few wooden looms.  I made hats on the round ones and scarves on one of the long ones.  I haven't messed with them for quite awhile now so it would be like starting over with them. The hardest thing is tension.  When it gets too tight its almost impossible to lift that stitch over the peg and then you don't want to knock the loops off the pegs either.  After I got the hang of it it was therapeutic, even my husband liked doing it. 

I don't have Martha's loom.  By the time she came out with it I already had most all the Knifty Knitters and a few wooden looms.  I made hats on the round ones and scarves on one of the long ones.  I haven't messed with them for quite awhile now so it would be like starting over with them. The hardest thing is tension.  When it gets too tight its almost impossible to lift that stitch over the peg and then you don't want to knock the loops off the pegs either.  After I got the hang of it it was therapeutic, even my husband liked doing it. 

I love the look of loomed hats, and do them for a lot of charities, seems they are almost faster than crocheting a hat, and look so nice when you finish too!! I made many baby hats from the second to the smallest loom, and the smallest loom,for preemies, I must remember to do that again soon, before winter anyway!! Thanks for the reminder!

Whoa! So many posts to catch up on!

Katie, glad you got your angels! I couldn't this time after getting the pup.....but wasn't surprised you got a bunch of others!

Still adjusting to Lucky.......but not even a week! I think he is a sweetie, just gotta get past all the 'baby' steps!

I haven't crocheted once since we got him! I hope to get back to that soon!

Gotta get ready for work. Have a great day all!

kuddles

(this ones for you Katie ..... WOOTIE WOOT WOOTINGTON)

Good morning, Kuddles! Good morning, everyone! I knew I would find a new post from our early riser :-) I'm quite the opposite: I am posting right before finally going to bed for a bit before my job at 2:30. It was a productive day and night. Yay! I was able to get lots done.

Have a great hooking day ;-)

Good Morning All!  Yep, I'm up early!  I've been up since 4:30.  The old back wouldn't let me stay in bed any longer.  Took my pain meds and I'm doing better now.  I think I'm going to play a little Pogo and then head to the couch for a bit before my dr's appt at noon.  Have a great day everyone!

Whoa! So many posts to catch up on!

Katie, glad you got your angels! I couldn't this time after getting the pup.....but wasn't surprised you got a bunch of others!

Still adjusting to Lucky.......but not even a week! I think he is a sweetie, just gotta get past all the 'baby' steps!

I haven't crocheted once since we got him! I hope to get back to that soon!

Gotta get ready for work. Have a great day all!

kuddles

(this ones for you Katie ..... WOOTIE WOOT WOOTINGTON)

You mean you haven't crocheted him a blankie yet! Shame on you!  He needs a blanket, a sweater, toys, ....   :lol

Good morning, Kuddles! Good morning, everyone! I knew I would find a new post from our early riser :-) I'm quite the opposite: I am posting right before finally going to bed for a bit before my job at 2:30. It was a productive day and night. Yay! I was able to get lots done.

Have a great hooking day ;-)

Sweet dreams.  See you when you wake!

Hey all, sorry I have been gone.  I thought I posted about me moving, but I went through all the posts just before that to now and didn't see it.  Of course, having some serious allergy issues and my eyes are kinda blurry, so I may have over looked it.  I got a call about my place, the people moved out yesterday, so they are getting it ready for me for this weekend.  Now to find someone to help me move the little bit of furniture I have.  Thankfully I don't have "years" of accumulated stuff since I didn't bring a lot in my move from up north and have only been here a little less than 2 years.  Once I get unpacked, I will have squares to send out.  Haven't crocheted in over a week since it is all put up for now.  Katy, I emailed you my new address, got it yesterday.  I will get your squares I have for you out as soon as I get unpacked!  Some things are going with me (and my yarn and hooks are definitely going with me!) and some things are going into storage. 

Kuddles, sorry the pup is keeping you up at night.  We used to put a clock in the box with the puppies as it mimics the mom's heartbeat, from what I remember.  Maybe she/he doesn't like it when it is completely dark either. 

Hope you all have a great week and will check in as I can!

Hi all!

Yup been told about the wind up clock thing and those are sure hard to find! Plus I'm hoping he will sort it out without that.....

Just gonna take time!

kuddles

Hello everyone,

I was up fairly early too but I did some chores and ran an errand. Now I can relax and crochet for a while. Maybe I should post some more squares from the past since it is almost the end of June.

I've posted this picture in the past but now I can't post the picture directly from my computer because it is too big :shrug  so I am using photobucket and hopefully it will work.

These squares were made by Tiffer.

tiffer93_zps6f5c300f.jpg

I really need some help trying to decide which pattern to use. My friend is having her first baby, a girl in November and I really want to make her an outfit but I can't decide on the pattern. I really like both of them. I already plan to make several pinafores for her, quick and cute. HELP! I need to get busy on these. 

1. http://www.shifio.co.uk/patterns/snowyrose32.htm

2. http://www.shifio.co.uk/patterns/hooded158.html

Great squares!

Hello everyone,

I was up fairly early too but I did some chores and ran an errand. Now I can relax and crochet for a while. Maybe I should post some more squares from the past since it is almost the end of June.

I've posted this picture in the past but now I can't post the picture directly from my computer because it is too big :shrug  so I am using photobucket and hopefully it will work.

These squares were made by Tiffer.

tiffer93_zps6f5c300f.jpg

Archived