Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey, you're welcome Pheonsix! Glad they arrived safely! Those particular squares were more nervous than other puffys have been, so glad  they have found a forever home in your blankee!!!

i TOO, got a puffy today, from Ms. Angelroselite!!!

In it, were six great squares, a G hook, with a special handle, a beautifully printed card from Maria, she even writes neatly, lol and oh yes!!!!!! Two blue/grey skeins of frilly yarn to play with, and last but not least, a darling mug holder shaped as an owl, the detail work on this, is gorgeous, not a snag or snare anywhere,she does such fine and neat work!!!!!! THANK Y OU maria, my goodness, the fun never stops here on the thread!! I really love the owl, and will use that when I have soup, I have a few large soup mugs, that it will fit around perfectly!! Thank you the squares are just lovely, like I said, you do such nice work, thank you for it all, and wish me luck with playing with that yarn, lol!!!!!!!! I tried to get a close up of the owl mug holder, and the hook, but my camera is not cooperating this evening!! Course it's overcast, which probably doesnt help!! ok,here comes the pics!!!!!!!!

attachicon.gif100_3472.jpg        attachicon.gif100_3474.jpg         attachicon.gif100_3473.jpg

the last i went and got one of my soup mugs, see, perfect fit, I am thrilled!! Need about  5 more, lol jk jk!! No one else gets to have one but me, neener neener neener!!!!!! How really adorable is this!

attachicon.gif100_3478.jpg

I never thought I would be an owl fan, but I gotta say, i have received two of the cutest things made like an owl, and an iron on patch, and I do love them,lol       

You're so funny!   :lol  I'm relieved that you had mugs big enough to use the cozy on.  I almost didn't send it because I was afraid it would be too big.  Five more you say?  Hmm... lol.  I wasn't much into them either, but between testing owl-themed items for ShiFio and making them for swaps, I love them!  I think Paula is the biggest reason I'm a fan though I can't say I'm a bigger fan than Paula.  You should see her collection.

Everybody enjoy tomorrow!  I'm going with my friends to Angel Stadium of Anaheim to see them play and then to enjoy their fireworks show.  Fun!  Other than that, it's work, crochet, work, and some more crochet ;)

Honex99 .... :hug  happy healing vibes! 

and mandymae  :hug 

What a great package Katy!! The owl is so very cute! 

I stopped by hobby lobby to get some yarn for a baby afghan and there wasn't any!  :2eek  Vanna's was on sale but there was none to be found so I asked this lady and she mentioned that they were discontinuing it.  :think  She said to come back next week and check the clearance rack. WHAT? So I scuttled over to the rack and found some redheart for under $2, not that I really need anymore yarn but I just could not pass up the price. Now, back on the hunt for yarn for my project.....

Any big plans for tomorrow??? I'm working 12 hour shift and probably watch fireworks out the front window. The dogs are not too crazy about the loud noises so we don't make big plans. 

UGGGHHH......I cannot upload the pic!!!!!!! No matter what I do it will not accept it completely!!!! I tried the basic loader and it refuses.  I tried the advanced loader and it uploads all 965kb but will not complete.  I feel like crying right now.....today has been a horrible day!!

Sorry, Katie.

OMG!!! IT DID IT!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Holy smokes.....that only took ten minutes.  LOL. 

Here are the beautiful red squares!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this red!!!

Thanks again Katie and wowzers!!! What great stuff you have there!!!

I have a few more squares on deck so I'm off to check the list hoping to include in the packages going out on Friday!! WOOOO HOOOO

Honex, sending prayers your way.

post-59581-0-82107300-1372897634_thumb.jpg

UGGGHHH......I cannot upload the pic!!!!!!! No matter what I do it will not accept it completely!!!! I tried the basic loader and it refuses.  I tried the advanced loader and it uploads all 965kb but will not complete.  I feel like crying right now.....today has been a horrible day!!

Sorry, Katie.

OMG!!! IT DID IT!!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Holy smokes.....that only took ten minutes.  LOL. 

Here are the beautiful red squares!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this red!!!

Thanks again Katie and wowzers!!! What great stuff you have there!!!

I have a few more squares on deck so I'm off to check the list hoping to include in the packages going out on Friday!! WOOOO HOOOO

Honex, sending prayers your way.

Great squares!  That's a very pretty shade of red :)

Good morning Squares!

GREAT squares, of course I love them since my fav color is red!

And Katie, wow! What a wonderful package you received! LOVE the owl mug cover! Would love to get that pattern but it's in a set and I would only want the mug one so.......I will have to suffer! LOL

I finished the tote last nite that looks like a swimsuit! So cute! I took pix but must get them off the camera and then I will post.

Ann - hope you don't get 'bad' news! Hugs!

In fact, hugs to everyone! Have a great 4th of July! We are going to the parade in our little downtown area so Kiddles can get candy! And....we are taking Lucky! It's all part of socialization, you are supposed to expose them. We'll see how he does, I might have to stand back about a block!

kuddles

Good Morning and Happy 4th of July!

katyallen, that is a wonderful package of goodies.

Pheonsix, those are very pretty squares, Katyallen does such nice work.

I don't have any plans for today so I think I'll do some stitching.

Good Morning and Happy Independence Day! I also have no plans, so I will be finishing up a baby blanket and hopefully starting on something else! Enjoy the holiday and be safe!

Good Morning and Happy 4th of July! My youngest son is having a cookout today.  So, as long as I'm feeling up to it we'll take a ride out his way and spend a couple of hours.  Geez, seeing the grandkids twice in a week!  I'm over the moon! :c9

Katie, great squares you got there and I love the owl mug cozy!  I hadn't been that much into owls until about a year ago, now I love them, lol.

Smith, hope you find your baby yarn. How can they be discontinuing it?! Geez!

Pheonsix, beautiful squares!  I don't think it was you doing any thing wrong with the pictures.  I read on Ravelry today that uploading pictures has been a problem.  That's why Tampa Doll hasn't been able to log in or something to do with it.

Kuddles, I'm so looking forward to seeing your new tote!  I bet it's adorable.  Have fun at the parade!

Have a happy and safe holiday everyone! :hug

Hi! Back from some errands and soon will leave for the parade, with Lucky!

Here is a picture of him in his Man Cave. He MADE me take the stuff off the shelf and now it is his!

And here is the bikini tote bag I made!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day!

kuddles

post-17419-0-10136300-1372955051_thumb.jpg

post-17419-0-69026200-1372955061_thumb.jpg

Try to relax so that your BP doesn't shoot through the roof.  I know it's easier said than done because the waiting is frustrating, but it won't do to get sick from the worry.  Prayers going out to you :hug

Me!  Me!  Me!  LOL

Ok...what would you like me to buy for you and where should I send it?  LOL

I am up for adoption. I am good with kids and elderly, I am potty trained and fixed Also play well with others.

I am so glad you are potty trained.

Send me your address and your list

LOL

I would call them.  I hate when test come out okay so they decide there is no rush to call and tell you.

Well, there was a mass and an abscess and a hernia.  

owie,, whats the next step Honex???

Here is a picture of him in his Man Cave. He MADE me take the stuff off the shelf and now it is his!

kuddles

Lucky is such a doll face, love him!!!!! You make sure to give that little guy anything he wants!!! Or answer to Auntie Katie lol

The tote is great,love it. Did I tell you I used mine the other day, stuffed a couple of puffys in it for the post office, my wallet, sunglasses, keys, and misc. purse stuff,and it had more room to spare! THe gal at the post office commented on it, how nice it was and roomy too!!!!!!!!!!!! I  nodded smugly, and said, thank you, my friend made it for me!!!!!!!! :hug

Was listening to fire works for a good part of the night last night, hope tonight is not as bad, sheesh, doggie spent her time whining and sitting by mama, for reassurance!!

Had our cookout earlier, company now gone home, or I guess to one of the big fireworks displays around town,and me,Ijust have a few dishes to clean, and then the night is mine!! I think I may crochet!!!!!! Im making a bunch of 3 1/2 inch grannies, in several pastels, for eventually a baby blankee for the Emerg. Preg. Center to distribute.. Ihave fallen short of my donations the past couple of months, but getting back into it now,as it always makes me feel better to donate,  when I can't think of anything else to crochet,lol..........take care all, those of you going out,remember the sun screen, and mosquito repellant spray!!!!!!!! Enjoy what;s left of the fourth!!!!!!! :yay

Yes, don't you just hate how they make you wait.  But the one thing I've learned is that usually if there is something wrong you will know about it immediately, like before you leave the test.  They'd have someone else come in looking and taking more tests.  Try not to worry :hug

Oh, I'm up for adoption! :lol

Ok...send my your address and your list and I'll see what I can do.   LOL

Hidey Ho folks!  I had a wonderful afternoon visiting my kids/grands.  The weather cooperated which was nice.  Actually it was HOT,so the kids spent a lot of time under the sprinkler.  They had a blast and it was fun watching them.  I'm exhausted now though and will head to bed early after some calming crochet.  Have a wonderful evening everyone.

kuddles

Awww, Lucky is so cute!  He knows what he wants and he gets it, lol!  The bikini bag is great! So cheerful and happy.  You always make great totes!

I am so glad you are potty trained.

Send me your address and your list

LOL

Well, there was a mass and an abscess and a hernia.  

Wow, you don't mess around when you get sick! Hope you're on the mend real soon.

owie,, whats the next step Honex???

Lucky is such a doll face, love him!!!!! You make sure to give that little guy anything he wants!!! Or answer to Auntie Katie lol

The tote is great,love it. Did I tell you I used mine the other day, stuffed a couple of puffys in it for the post office, my wallet, sunglasses, keys, and misc. purse stuff,and it had more room to spare! THe gal at the post office commented on it, how nice it was and roomy too!!!!!!!!!!!! I  nodded smugly, and said, thank you, my friend made it for me!!!!!!!! :hug

Was listening to fire works for a good part of the night last night, hope tonight is not as bad, sheesh, doggie spent her time whining and sitting by mama, for reassurance!!

Had our cookout earlier, company now gone home, or I guess to one of the big fireworks displays around town,and me,Ijust have a few dishes to clean, and then the night is mine!! I think I may crochet!!!!!! Im making a bunch of 3 1/2 inch grannies, in several pastels, for eventually a baby blankee for the Emerg. Preg. Center to distribute.. Ihave fallen short of my donations the past couple of months, but getting back into it now,as it always makes me feel better to donate,  when I can't think of anything else to crochet,lol..........take care all, those of you going out,remember the sun screen, and mosquito repellant spray!!!!!!!! Enjoy what;s left of the fourth!!!!!!! :yay

Sounds like you had a nice day and are going to end it nicely too!  I have my hooks and yarn sitting next to me and will start as soon as I log off.

Ok...send my your address and your list and I'll see what I can do.   LOL

Oh you're so sweet!  What would you do if we all took you up on your offer?! :lol

Oh no!  So sorry to hear this.  You definitely can have all the prayers you want.  Are you still in the hospital?  Please keep us posted if you can.  Sending thoughts and prayers your way :hug

Thank you everybody for the prayers.

I am home with two open wounds that I have to repack twice a day.  I am not in too much pain, but when I take the pain meds, they make me goofy and I can't drive.  When I don't take the meds and go out of the house to run errands, I get tired easily and get VERY emotional.  I can't concentrate.  I'm a mess...lol

Glad you can go somewheres now katyallen8090. I would of been like you and just stayed home.

Honex99 I'm praying for you. I hope all turns out well for you.

Thank you very much!

Prayers going out that you get that interview and a job that you will enjoy.

Prayers for a speedy recovery and that you don't have to worry about being homeless.

Thank you.  I am hoping for miracles

Hi all!  Not much happening in my world today.  Started off my day with a dr's appt.  He's scheduling me for a CT scan, then f/u with him for plan of action.  I sure hope this isn't kidney stones, but will deal with it on top of everything else if it is. 

I hope your tests come out ok.  I'll pray for you and you can pray for me.  deal?

Archived