Mother's Day Table May 2012

Tampa Doll

One year my Mom sat down and crocheted 3 table covers and 3 bed spreads. Each of her girls got a set, Me. my oldest sister and my youngest sister. They were all the same size, color and design. I never saw my Mom use a pattern. Oh and before I forget the bed spreads were all made to fit Queen size beds.

This is the table cover she made for me. My Mom always told me not to be sad when a loved one passes, but to tell stories about when they were alive, especially funny ones. Before you know it you are laughing and keeping the spirit of that person alive. She also told me that the Guardian Angels are Moms. They watch over you when you are young and keep watching till you can join them.

My table is dedicated to that one person in the family who is the one you go to for cuts, bruises and advice. Now adays she has added cheffor (sp?) to the mix of jobs she must do. In my day it was the old Heel and Toe Express.

On the table you will see all kinds of angels, even ones with little ones in their arms. There is also a new Mommy.

May is also the month for flowers. Now the April showers are gone the flowers can and will bloom. If you look around, you will see the baby flowers.

My Mom has been gone over 20 years now, but I still feel she is with me in times of stress and happiness.

Enjoy the table, give Mom a big hug for me.

:flowerHappy Mother's Day everyone.:flower

post-105-135897757592_thumb.jpg - close-up - More pictures

I love your tables! just love 'em! They always make me smile, so thanks for posting them every month.

I miss my Mom, too, and think happy thoughts of her often.

Thanks for making me cry. What wonderful memories you have..Beautiful table as well. I only pray my own daughters will one day remember me with such love..

Another beautiful table Mary Jo. Your table cloth is exquisite! You have obviously inherited your talent from your beloved mother. Hope you all have a great Mother's Day on your side of the pond. Over here Mother's Day has been and gone - we celebrated in March.

I love your stories Mary Jo. They are always so heartfelt, especially stories of mothers! Your heirloom tablecloth is just GORGEOUS! It is the perfect setting for all of your beautiful angels! Happy Mother's Day to all!:flower

You have an amazing gift Mary Jo. I love the stories of your Mom and how you keep her spirit alive with them. Thank you for sharing a piece of your heart with us! The table is beautiful!

What a stunning and very special table you've created! The tablecloth is exquisite and the angels are gorgeous! :c9

I wish for you a most wonderful and happiest "Mother's Day"!

Your table is beautiful, I remember your pretty tables from another board we used to be on. Have you been doing these here for along time?

This is the first time Ive seen it on this board, and Ive been here for along time. You have beautiful things and memories.

Happy Mothers Day!

Archived