Little Lantern

Momcrochets

A couple months ago I came up with an idea, and spent a few weeks crocheting it out. Then the poor thing languished for nearly 6 weeks before I finally got to the stiffening (and making stiffening forms--note, the white foam cubes at $tree do not cut and re-glue well. stick with cardboard and stuffing it if necessary to keep the form stiff enough. yeah, that was a set back that also slowed me down.) So, one of my good friends is probably thinking "Finally!" :U

I'm happy with how it turned out. And I even gave it a "glamour shot".

post-7396-135897751836_thumb.jpg:pinterest

post-7396-135897751825_thumb.jpg

post-7396-135897751829_thumb.jpg

That is very nice! I love the filet and the spiderweb pattern, SO pretty with the light inside!

I bet it was really a challenge getting it stuffed!

Cheers for your creativity:cheer:clap and thanks for sharing your work

Thank you everyone. I am just happy enough with the results to be thinking about making a different one, that is playing in my head...after I finish the next project I started fiddling with today. :)

That's awesome! I love seeing hardened crochet, it's amazing! Can I ask what you used to make it harden, a starch maybe?

Straight school glue. and making a form out of stiff-ish paperboard, which I covered in plastic wrap, did the trick.

Well, finally! ;) It turned out beautiful, Mom! The spider pattern on the sides is absolutely perfect for this piece, and I love the picture with the light on and it glowing like the prettiest of delicate lanterns! Yes, you very well could have a series of these. When will we see them all? :D

:wink a whole series??! :faint. look how long it took me to get this one done :U I do have one or two other ideas floating around...not sure how they will work out yet...we'll see.

Thanks again, for all the compliments everyone! I think I might just submit this to the next CPAD :)

:wink a whole series??! :faint. look how long it took me to get this one done :U I do have one or two other ideas floating around...not sure how they will work out yet...we'll see.

Thanks again, for all the compliments everyone! I think I might just submit this to the next CPAD :)

You WERE the one who said you have ideas for more. :D

(I just love the toothy grin of that emoticon!)

Archived