first attempt at symbol crochet

NUTFORYARN

I have always avoided symbol crochet but I finally decided to try it and I'm proud to share my first two finished products. The cute little white one ( which was a snap to work up in an afternoon) is from Decorative Crochet March 2002 book # 86, and the yellow pineapple is from Magic Crochet #11. I have a feeling I will be doing more now that I have the hang of it!:)

post-29491-135897746861_thumb.jpg

post-29491-135897746864_thumb.jpg

very pretty! Once you get the symbols, charts are the only way to go for lacy projects, IMHO, especially doilies. You did a great job. :)

(I can read patterns written out, and write my own out too-seeing as no one has come up with an affordable easy to use symbol crochet charting program...my hand-drawn ones are atrocious! but charts are so much faster!)

They are beautiful! I need to keep practicing on chart reading. I think I can, I think I can!

Once you get the hang of it , it really goes fast!

Your doilys came out great nutforyarn. I also use charts,

I love them. You can do so much with them. I have been using them since 1987. Your doilys cameout great for your first time. now keep going another charted pattern.

Very impressive!! But tell me how do you get them to crash together? I mean wouldn't crocheted symbols sort of be a little too quiet compared to the brass ones? Oh wait.... you spelled symbol with an "S". nevermind

Very impressive!! But tell me how do you get them to crash together? I mean wouldn't crocheted symbols sort of be a little too quiet compared to the brass ones? Oh wait.... you spelled symbol with an "S". nevermind

Funny!:D

:cheer Awesome job! I wish Charts/symbols were required with all patterns! They help so much when I am confused about what the next step is.

They turned out great! I love charted patterns and I think they are much easier than written... Good luck to you with your next projects!

Wonderful work!--charts and doilies were made for each other. The danger is that once you grow accustomed to charts, you will look at a doily pattern spread across 3 pages in dense text...and move on, looking for a chart. I'm thankful that some of the old classics have been charted!

Archived