Star Quilt -- finally finished

Afghaniac

This thing sat in a basket for more than a year since I last posted here about it. I wasn't sure how I wanted to finish it off. Instead of filling in edges with additional white diamond shapes and adding fringe, I took the lazy way out and simply added a couple of rounds of sc and a round of crab stitch to bind off the edges neatly. This is not my favorite afghan, and I don't know where it will end up. But at least it's out of my workbasket!

post-1473-135897745581_thumb.jpg

That's gorgeous! I have one that I started years ago in a bag but I haven't worked on it in forever! Now I feel inspired to pull it back out! Hope the pattern is still in the bag with it! :lol

Thanks, Deb. Go for it. I know what you mean about the pattern. I have a bunch of ruffled squares sewed together that were to be an afghan several years ago, and I can't find the pattern. Could try to reconstruct from what's done, but I'm not always good at winging it.

Turned out beautiful! I remember when you first posted about it. I love the pattern and went and found the book it was in and started my own. Mine is half done and is now sitting waiting for other things to be done so I can finish it! Lol

Archived