Star Quilt -- finally finished

Afghaniac

Turned out beautiful! I remember when you first posted about it. I love the pattern and went and found the book it was in and started my own. Mine is half done and is now sitting waiting for other things to be done so I can finish it! Lol

Thank you, Lynn. I'm looking forward to seeing yours when it's done (or almost done!), to see it in your own colors.

I love it too! All of those pieced stars! That is a lot of ends to weave in. After first admiring an afghan like this I always go to the number of ends that had to be woven in. I guess I really don't like that step. But the prettiest afghans seem to have the most ends. Yours really is beautiful! I think that would be a great pattern to add to as you finish each crochet project and have a little left over yarn. Just use it up in star pieces each time and then you will have a memory quilt when you're done. Each star will remind you of another project and who you made it for! :)

I love it too! All of those pieced stars! That is a lot of ends to weave in. After first admiring an afghan like this I always go to the number of ends that had to be woven in. I guess I really don't like that step. But the prettiest afghans seem to have the most ends. Yours really is beautiful! I think that would be a great pattern to add to as you finish each crochet project and have a little left over yarn. Just use it up in star pieces each time and then you will have a memory quilt when you're done. Each star will remind you of another project and who you made it for! :)

Thanks!

That's a great way to approach an afghan like this. Mine was made from leftover yarns, for the most part. My problem was that I don't use variegated yarn very often, so I had to buy some of that to coordinate with the solids I used. So now I have still more stash to get rid of. It never ends . . .

As to weaving in ends, most of my afghans are made of motifs, some small and multicolored, so I'm pretty used to doing a lot of that and don't mind it much. But for anybody who isn't used to it should be sure to weave in ends in stages, as you go. I learned that the hard way.

My next scrap afghan will use the lovely puffed daisy hexagon pattern I found on a blog. All in shades of either blue or rose leftover yarn. Lotsa ends!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived