Baby Blanket - Cables & Braids

TCarra

Hi everyone! I made this for my mom to give as a gift at a recent baby shower. She said everyone loved it. It's a crocheted cable/braid pattern done in Bernat Softee Baby in Soft Green. I've made it a couple times. Lots of fun. The last one I made was done in Bernat color Mango. When my friend's son saw it on my dresser, he picked it up and hugged it. My friend looked at me and I looked at her, and I said "Well, you KNOW who's blanket that is!" (I was so happy to let him keep it.) :manyheart

The pattern came from Leisure Arts, Leaflet 2335, Unique Baby Afghans to Crochet. It is called "Diagonal" (page 3).

post-28375-135897704647_thumb.jpg

post-28375-135897704651_thumb.jpg

That is really lovely. It almost looks like one that I am thinking of doing.

What book is that out of?

The one I was thinking about came from a baby leaflet.

Oh I was right!!!! I have that same book and am contemplating doing the same afghan, but using sport weight yarn.

That is really lovely. It almost looks like one that I am thinking of doing.

What book is that out of?

The one I was thinking about came from a baby leaflet.

Hi teapot, Thank you! I added the pattern info to the 1st post. You are right, it is from a leaflet. :)

• 5 months later...

I'm recently starting crocheting, and I want to do Leaflet 2335 #2 Diagonal. I am not sure if I'm connecting the chain loop corectly, and when I start row 3 the instructions and my loops don't match up.

If you could help me get past row 3that would be awesome

Archived