CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

The Craft Yarn Council of America has established October 14, 2011, as I Love Yarn Day! We can't let that day pass by without having a PARTY!!! :yay So bookmark this thread and make a note in your calendar to come back here and check on activities that day. :cheer

PARTY DAY LINKS:

Giveaway Entry Rules and Eligibility Requirements

Giveaway Number 1: From 9:00 to 10:00 AM Central Time, WINNER: RobynBushta (59 entries)

Giveaway Number 2: From 10:30 AM to Noon Central Time (11:30 AM to 1:00 PM Eastern Time), WINNER: cshort (131 entries)

Giveaway Number 3: From 1:00 to 2:30 PM Central Time (2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern Time), WINNERS: bobcat72737, Skatters, Cathryn_Elisabeth, gtogirl1970 (84 entries)

Giveaway Number 4: From 6:30 to 8:30 9:00 PM Central Time (7:30 to 9:30 10:00 PM Eastern Time)--time extended half an hour due to technical issues getting the giveaway started

Crochetville Activities

I Love Yarn Day Crochet Along: Join us here in this thread on October 14 for a Crochet-Along. Bring a project, a drink and a snack, and be prepared to share pics of your progress throughout the day!

I Love Yarn Day Show and Tell: Post pictures in this thread of your favorite things you've crocheted. Be sure to tell us about the pattern and yarn you used! You may inspire someone to make something.

Giveaways: We'll have random drawings at various points throughout the day to win some fabulous prizes. You might have a chance at some yarn, some books, and who knows what else we might be able to entice you with??

ILoveYarnDay.jpg

I Love Yarn Day CYCA Activities

Share Your Opinions and Win Prizes: Click here to fill out a short survey with the chance to win a $25 gift certificate to your favorite craft store.

Other Ways to Support I Love Yarn Day

Crochet in public

Have a yarn/crochet party

Teach someone to crochet

Wear a crocheted item wherever you go

Make something for charity

Give someone a gift of yarn (and a crochet hook, too!)

Check for events at your local craft stores

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great idea---but I really wish it was on a weekend!!! I'll be at work all day on 10/14 and I can't crochet at work!:(----heck I can't even check in at the ville from the work computer:(

I'll have to make it a point to stop in after work and see all the fun everyone was having throughout the day!!!:yes:yes

What a great idea---but I really wish it was on a weekend!!! I'll be at work all day on 10/14 and I can't crochet at work!:(----heck I can't even check in at the ville form work computer:(

Don't worry! We'll keep the party going until at least 11:00 pm central time that night, so those who have to work during the day can still participate with us! And even after Donna and I go to bed, everybody else who can still keep awake can keep partying without us.

Just clean up after yourselves and don't leave the party room a big mess! Any yarn or hooks left out overnight will be confiscated and added to our stashes!! :lol

If you're interested in joining the party this coming Friday, please go ahead and post in this thread! Help us keep it bumped up between now and then, so as many people as possible see it when they're looking for new posts.

Don't worry! We'll keep the party going until at least 11:00 pm central time that night, so those who have to work during the day can still participate with us! And even after Donna and I go to bed, everybody else who can still keep awake can keep partying without us.

Just clean up after yourselves and don't leave the party room a big mess! Any yarn or hooks left out overnight will be confiscated and added to our stashes!! :lol

:yay

You know what? I bet this would also be a fabulous time for us to have special giveaways throughout the day and evening. I came back from the Chain Link conference with lots of things that many of you might be interested in winning!

I'm glad people are getting excited about this already.

So, has anybody picked out their project for the CAL yet?

I have a couple patterns I'm trying to get ready for publication, so I'll probably be working on one of those things.

I found the download for the flyer and am planning to do something at my store on Friday-probably a raffle for something crochet related-haven't decided what yet ; a sale on yarns,and maybe a crochet demo . I'll be here too. Haven't picked a project for the crochet a long, but I always have a few projects going.

I'll be working on a **** for my partner in the Scarf Swap!!! Oh, I just know that Friday is going to be one long day for me at work, since I'll be wanting to hurry up and get out of work to check in here!!!!!

Archived