CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The entries are coming in fast and furious!

It's really cool using Google docs for this. I can have the data page open and the spreadsheet lines just automatically fill in as the entries come in.

Sounds neat! I love it when technology works for us and helps instead of against us and frustrating us, lol!

Here's what I'm working on today.

PROJECT ONE:

I've finally figured out how to make a two-color ruffle scarf using regular crochet stitches, instead of using the knooking technique.

As soon as I get the scarf finished so I can take pictures, I'll be making a pattern available.

IMG_0935.jpg

IMG_0936.jpg

PROJECT TWO:

I want to make a ruffle scarf using this yarn. Unlike the other brand that comes all flat and smooth, this Bernat yarn comes all folded up. I'm having to stretch it out flat and wrap it around cardboard so it will be easier to work with.

Got to finish winding off the yarn!

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0934.jpg

Got my entry in too! I've been up for a while (fiancee had early doc appt) Made a full pot of coffee :mug and have already been working. First I weaved in some ends for some baby hats for a craft fair. Then I worked a few rows on my sons hat. Going to finish that today. Want some instant gratification so I'm going to make some really quick coffee cozies with some cotton I have. Also plan to make a friendship square too!

Happy Yarn Day All! :hook

post-48941-135897703424_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897703693_thumb.jpg

post-48941-135897703696_thumb.jpg

I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the UPS guy with my new iPhone 4S! So glad to be getting rid of my EnV Touch.

(¯`v´¯)

`*.¸.*´

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Happy "I Love Yarn" day!!!! •¨¯`•

Well.. I'm set.... I have my coffee... my yarn... my hook... and my paper to write the pattern out for this project as I work on it!

post-18634-135897703699_thumb.jpg

:heart

:mug

I'm celebrating "I Love Yarn Day", too! So nice of you to offer some giveaways, Amy, thanks!

I'm working on an adorable baby hat and will follow along with you gals between rows.

Submitted my entry.... just need find a website where I follow what the time is over where you are. :D

Haven't been able to do much of my square for ILY day as baby hasn't been well today. Poor little princess :(

You're gonna love the Iphone I don't have the new one but I love mine. I will never use another phone. If they stop making them I'll stop using a phone :lol

I am also anxiously awaiting the arrival of the UPS guy with my new iPhone 4S! So glad to be getting rid of my EnV Touch.

I am about to start on a baby afghan for a friend. She just recently gave birth to a preemie and so far, the baby is doing fine. I should know more later today.

Meanwhile...I am trying to decide which pattern. I have so many patterns from books and the internet.

This is such fun! My son laughed at me this morning when he caught me hugging my yarn :):):)

Today I decided to work on my Project Linus blanket rather than starting something new. It has five 12 inch squares with teddy bear faces, alternating with solid grannies. Usually I find myself making pink things, but these brown bears are sitting on pale blue with delft blue accents.The bears are finished except for their noses and smiles, which I am saving for last.

Back to my yarn!

I'm all signed up! I have to say I haven't been this excited since Harry Potter lol.

Kathy, congrats on the news about your dr. appt!

Everyone, so cool to be here with you and Amy and rock on through ILY Day. Lucky for me my first class got cancelled so... I had some spare time! I can't wait to see what everyone works on today and maybe post some pics myself. :D

HAPPY NAT'L ILY DAY EVERYONE!

13 minutes left to enter the giveaway for the 365 Crochet Stitches Perpetual Calendar. Go to post #103 for the link to enter.

Archived