CELEBRATION: I Love Yarn Day--October 14, 2011--Here--Party--Giveaways--CAL

Amy

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to be travelling that day. My husband & I will be driving up to Kansas to visit our daughter at college. "But" rest assured, I always have a crochet project! I'll probably take my yarn for my Special Olympics scarf with me, and crochet in the car. :crocheting

I usually keep my "emergency yarn" (as my husband calls it) in the glovebox of my car. :devil It consists of a ball of cotton yarn & a "g" hook so I can make a dishcloth. I know it sounds strange, but it comes in handy if I get stuck somewhere waiting, like the doctor's office. :yes And I am very lucky that I can crochet at work too! And I do! :hook

Maybe it's finally time for me to invest in a smart phone, so I can check in here while I'm travelling on Friday. :blush

I'm going to be travelling that day. My husband & I will be driving up to Kansas to visit our daughter at college. "But" rest assured, I always have a crochet project! I'll probably take my yarn for my Special Olympics scarf with me, and crochet in the car. :crocheting

I usually keep my "emergency yarn" (as my husband calls it) in the glovebox of my car. :devil It consists of a ball of cotton yarn & a "g" hook so I can make a dishcloth. I know it sounds strange, but it comes in handy if I get stuck somewhere waiting, like the doctor's office. :yes And I am very lucky that I can crochet at work too! And I do! :hook

Maybe it's finally time for me to invest in a smart phone, so I can check in here while I'm travelling on Friday. :blush

Love the idea of emergency yarn. I actually have a few bags of yarn in my trunk!!! It's come in very handy on numerous occasions!!! I really should put a ball of emergency yarn in DH's car though!!!

I have to also work, but I'm going to make sure to crochet on my lunch break and check in at the Ville during lunch also.

I'm working on a scarf for the Special Olmypics so I think I will work on that. Hopefully will get others to ask what I'm working on, to get interest for this worthwhile project.

How fun!!!!

JILLfromWI

Ooooooh! I am SO here! Luckily I just have 3 hours of classes in the mornin and then I'm home until evening. Even better is that I'm always logged in on my BB so I can check in quite often. Now I just need to decide what I'm gonna work on! Oh and maybe I can get together with this girl and give her some more pointers on crocheting in honor of this monumental holiday! See you all here on friday.

Count me in too. It's a long day for me, so I'll but up past midnight and will make a point of checking in often. I've got 2 prayer shawls and 3 Uglee Dolls in the works among other things, so no problem with coming up with something for charity. See you then. :hook

I'll be online as much as possible but given the time difference between here and the USA I don't know how much I'll be able to participate. Hope it won't be too much of an issue. :)

I wish today was Friday :) I'll be here :) Can't wait!!! Thank You for hosting this!!! I love yarn everyday but it's nice to have a day to love it and share and ..... I could go on and on :)

Sounds like a great way to spend a Friday!

I will Check in in the morning and throughout the day. (I will also be cleaning DS' bedroom while he is away on a friend's birthday trip!)

I will finish his bedroom by making his bed with a cozy crocheted ugly snuggly!

I will be participating Friday. I can work on one of my charitable projects. I will check into C'ville throughout the day. My hubby spends most of the morning on the computer but I can squeeze a little bit of time in the morning. In the afternoon I will be able to visit C'ville for a longer period of time. This sounds like fun. :woo:yay:woo:yay

Archived