Gone with the Wind August 2011 Table

Tampa Doll

Many of us are having to put up with 100 degree temps and high humidity.

Can you imagine what it was like in the 1800’s? All that clothing, with hoop skirts, pantaloons, gloves and hats. I think I would pass out with the heat.

You will find on mytable Scarlette, Rhett, Meloney, Bonnie Blue, Belle, and we could not have a table without Mammy in her red petticoat and her helper prissy.

August to me was always the last month to enjoy the summer at home and at the beach, before going back to school. Growing up we always went to Ocean City or Long BeachIsland in New Jersey.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, and I hope we all get some cool weather soon, if not try to keep cool.

post-105-135897683523_thumb.jpg More pictures - Even More

ohmygosh!!! You have Gone With the Wind dolls???? :yay That is so so so cool!!! :manyheart Love them!!! :clap

I've read that book so many times and the sequel that her estate had done. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing, Mary Jo!

That is really cool, Mary Jo! I love Gone With the Wind, so I think this is amazing. Very nice! (I was supposed to have a family reunion in Ocean City a couple weeks ago, but couldn't make it due to the weather. Apparently small planes don't like bad weather.) Anyway, awesome job! Thanks for sharing! :manyheart

Beautiful. And I love the short fat sock monkey on the chair too. And the tiny Crochetville tote is perfect!!

:lol:lol I was going to comment on how I love the mini Crochetville tote too:lol

Love this table!!!!:hug

Thank you all for the compliments on the table.

When I studied history in School, the civil war era was my favorite.

The fat sock monkey is a knitted pattern I got from Patternworks. It is funny you all like hime, I thought he was kind of wonky looking.:hook

MaryJo, how absolutely beautiful. I love the dolls, they are amazing. I didn't eve notice the "sock monkey", I was too wrapped into the dolls. How are earth, did you make the tiny bag with the crochetville logo???????????? It's unreal. I absolutely love these dolls and I do have a favorite one.

Thank you all for the compliments. The tote was easy. I just made a small version of the one I make and Tampa Guy printed out a copy of the logo. I don't think I have the patience or talent to do a pocket on something that small.:hook

Wow that are all great. I really love the ones in the window. I have aspired to make a fancy doll like them but haven't gotten the nerve to try one yet.

Wow, those are amazing! I just love Mammy's red petticoat, lol. I was just watching a western the other day and thought the same thing about the heat. How in the world did these people stay all covered and NOT pass out from the heat and dust?!

-- My two year old just came in, saw the picture and said, "I play with those dolls?" lol

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Jo LOVE your August table. Gone with the wind is one of my all time favourites and all your characters look fabulous. I especially like mammie with her red petticoat. Thank you for inviting us into your lovely home to see your table.

Archived