crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
very pretty. i am hopeless with knitting and envy any one that can do it

thank you, I am still a beginner with the knitting, so I say if I can do it anybody can. As one of the ladies at my group said last niight, It's just knit and purl, if you can do those two stitches you can knit.

hey ladies!

sprry for my lengthy absence....wanted to get online yesterday but for some unknown reason my internet was really wonky

had an excellent weekend :)

friday went to a blood drive with DH...he donates....i cant (dern weight issues) while at the blood drive we ran into a marine and thanked him

saturday spent time with DH and went walmarting

sunday we rested

monday i wanted to chuck the internet out the front door ACK!

:woo

Woot Wootie Woot Wootington! Good for you Ann! We can do it girl!!!!!!!!!

But if you end up going and buying yarn, do NOT beat yourself up! You are only human!

:manyheart Mama Kuddles

Thanks Mama. I'm still resisting, but if he offers again, I don't know if I'll be able to hold out! :lol

Have a great day all! My boss will be at a job fair today so Woot! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Mama K

Woot! Enjoy your day!

Mama K - WOOT enjoy your day!!!!

Joanne - Wow - FREE yarn!!! Enjoy picking it out!

Ann - glad you're crocheting! Be sure to post a picture of your butterfly, would love to see it.

Tried to work on the ugly but warm hat last night and my yarn kept tangling, so I gave up. Will get a different skein and see if it's better. Busy day today, it's payday week so I need to get started on that. Still haven't done that filing :( maybe this week.

Have a great day all!!

I'm worked on an ami for my grandson today. I'll post a pic of that a little later. Gonna go start a butterfly in a couple minutes! My second butterfly is posted in Show n Tell. Hope you have better luck with your next skein on yarn for the hat!

did a google search, closest ACMoore is in PA so I doubt I will be going there any time soon.

I was up again most of the night, as soon as I feel asleep my DH decided to come to bed and geez could anyone make any more noise? nope dont think so. so I was back up and then:tired:sick my dinner decided to not agree with me. ugh SO I had to call in for the class for work today. thankfully the RN teaching it was really nice and said I can take it in 2 weeks instead. so I plan on spending the day in bed with some vernors and saltines...and maybe in a bit my crocheting.

Hope you feel better soon!

Morning ladies,

I didn't get to the lining in my granny go round yesterday, and think it is unlikely today (perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I don't like to sew :think maybe just a little). I went to my knitting circle last night, they started a sock class the week before I joined (halloween) so I have been working on other things, the first week I was working on the starburst round ripple, but that is on hold till I can find more yarn. I am currently knitting 3 hat and scarf sets (commissioned) for x-mas, trying to get those done by thanksgiving. so not much crochet time:(:( but at least I am still working with fiber, and learning a few things in the process, I finished a doily style dishcloth on dpns, my second successful project (it's not perfect, way to easy to drop stitches, definately gonna have to find some wood dpn, metal not working for me!!

Anyway enough rambling, lol. Here's a pic of the doily dishcloth, it has some errors but I am still happy to have completed it using those *@! dpns :devil

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=IMG_0134.jpg

Looks great! I'm still a newbie at knitting and DPN's scare me to death! :lol

hey ladies!

sprry for my lengthy absence....wanted to get online yesterday but for some unknown reason my internet was really wonky

had an excellent weekend :)

friday went to a blood drive with DH...he donates....i cant (dern weight issues) while at the blood drive we ran into a marine and thanked him

saturday spent time with DH and went walmarting

sunday we rested

monday i wanted to chuck the internet out the front door ACK!

Hiya Duckie! Hope the internet starts treating you better! It sure can be a pain at times! :hug

ann my internet is weird to say the least....im not on dial up (used to be many moons ago LOL) and my net is acting weirder now than when it did when we had dial up...go figure!

Tonya, feel better! :hug

Valerie, love the dishcloth! I can't knit to save my life. :lol

Hello everyone else! :hug

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! :eek Two weeks from Friday we head to Marathon in the FL Keys for the turtle workshop. It's me, my boss, one of our volunteers and the vet. Plus I get to see my friend Marie that works at the turtle hospital down there. I can't wait! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Howdy!

Thanks Sherry, the day went so quietly!

Tonyal - ahhhh hugs!

Ann - yeah don't say no a second time!

Joanne - hope your day went well!

Sue - I know, right? Next week!

To all my other peeps, take care and have a good nite!

Mama Kuddles

WooHoo! Just finished butterfly #3! This one worked up really quick and I think it's my favorite so far, plus it didn't make my hands hurt like the others! :yay One left to go! Then all the other Christmas stuff I have planned! There's plenty of time left, right! :lol

ann my internet is weird to say the least....im not on dial up (used to be many moons ago LOL) and my net is acting weirder now than when it did when we had dial up...go figure!

yeah, we got rid of dial up a long time ago too, usually we're ok, but there are times when I want to scream, lol! My computer is so slow compared to DH's too!

Hello everyone else! :hug

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week! :eek Two weeks from Friday we head to Marathon in the FL Keys for the turtle workshop. It's me, my boss, one of our volunteers and the vet. Plus I get to see my friend Marie that works at the turtle hospital down there. I can't wait! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Hi Sue!!! Sounds like you'll have a good time when you're at the Keys! You deserve to enjoy yourself. Hope it all works out!

See you guys later! It's almost time for NCIS! :hook

Howdy!

Thanks Sherry, the day went so quietly!

Tonyal - ahhhh hugs!

Ann - yeah don't say no a second time!

Joanne - hope your day went well!

Sue - I know, right? Next week!

To all my other peeps, take care and have a good nite!

Mama Kuddles

Hi ya Mama! I won't say no a second time, don't worry! :lol He's talking about taking me to that Walmart in the other town that has the nicer yarn dept sometime this week! :D We'll we do need some groceries! :blush

Hi all,

Quick pop in after a very long day in Paradise

Val- love the knitted doily!!!

Well, I didn't get free yarn! I opted to buy a pair of bamboo knitting needles instead and also got a metal pair plus needle protectors. I had a 50% off coupon so everything I 'bought' was FREE!!!!

I never thought I'd be able to knit--but I learned the knit stitch and it's not all that hard (not saying I'll be doing anything fancy, mind you) and next week she'll teach me purl.. It's slower and different, but fun to learn something new

Ann- congrats on finishing the butterfly

Kuddles, Sue, tonya, and everyone---hope you have a great evening!

ETA- It's now Wednesday Morning- Hump Day for me!!! Last long day of the week- tomorrow and Friday I get to leave work at 4:30! Hope you all have a good one!!!!!

Hi ya Mama! I won't say no a second time, don't worry! :lol He's talking about taking me to that Walmart in the other town that has the nicer yarn dept sometime this week! :D We'll we do need some groceries! :blush

hee hee dang it, don't cha just hate it when ya got to go somewhere with yarn?

Hi all,

Well, I didn't get free yarn! I opted to buy a pair of bamboo knitting needles instead and also got a metal pair plus needle protectors. I had a 50% off coupon so everything I 'bought' was FREE!!!!

I never thought I'd be able to knit--but I learned the knit stitch and it's not all that hard (not saying I'll be doing anything fancy, mind you) and next week she'll teach me purl.. It's slower and different, but fun to learn something new

ETA- It's now Wednesday Morning- Hump Day for me!!! Last long day of the week- tomorrow and Friday I get to leave work at 4:30! Hope you all have a good one!!!!!

Woot! Happy hump day - let's hope your day goes quickly!

I can NOT believe next week is Thanksgiving already! YIKES! Time sure does fly!

Have a great day all!

Mama Kuddles

Hi Kuddles!!:eek We have a week and day till Thanksgiving:lol It's also my DH's birthday this year and my GS will turn 4 mos old!!! We won't say how old my DH will be:lol (although he's not too far ahead of me:lol)

Decided since I have to work late again, that I'd whip up another ugly but warm hat for our charity sale and then go in to work. I'll probably not be happy with the traffic, but I'm happy I decided to make another hat before starting my day!

Good Morning,

Is the Ugly but Warm hat for a child? I made 2 last night and either I'm crocheting really tight or this is a pattern for a child. To make it bigger, could I just do one or two more increase rounds, and then the 1 dc rounds to round 11?

Will catch up later, have to go in early today.

Morning All! I'm being really pokey this morning. I've been up, but have a headache and jsut , bleh, so I'm moving slow. I just finished posting some pics in Show n Tell, but I'll post them here too for your viewing convienience, :lol. Once I get my butt off the computer and get dressed I think we'll be heading to Walmart! Hmm, will I stay away from the yarn dept? NOT! :lol Not when DH is taking me to this one as a special trip! :devil Have a super day everyone! :hug

Hi all,

I think you'll enjoy knitting! I like to give it a go every once in a while. I'm not very good at it, but I try. My 5yr GD loves my knitted washcloths! That's all she'll use! :lol

hee hee dang it, don't cha just hate it when ya got to go somewhere with yarn?

Woot! Happy hump day - let's hope your day goes quickly!

I can NOT believe next week is Thanksgiving already! YIKES! Time sure does fly!

Have a great day all!

Mama Kuddles

Where did the year go?! It sure does fly by fast! Have a great day mama!

Hi Kuddles!!:eek We have a week and day till Thanksgiving:lol It's also my DH's birthday this year and my GS will turn 4 mos old!!! We won't say how old my DH will be:lol (although he's not too far ahead of me:lol)

Decided since I have to work late again, that I'd whip up another ugly but warm hat for our charity sale and then go in to work. I'll probably not be happy with the traffic, but I'm happy I decided to make another hat before starting my day!

You sure have been busy! Lot's to celebrate at your house too! Have a great day!

post-18634-13589771159_thumb.gif

shoot me!

sorry guys........its been really rough here!!! My son's 'ex-to-be' has lost her ever lovin' mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has accused my son of horrible things.. and now has gone to accusing me of unbelievable things. My son lost his first fight of temporary custody of his girls. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER! Oh the long story behind all this................ :sigh

Please forgive me ladies for being so scarce and so scatter-brained!

I am so disappointed in myself... I have let this woman get in my head and cause me to feel and think things that are NOT me! I'm also disappointed in myself for not seeing who she really was LONG AGO!

I'm just so sick.... I will never see my grandbabies again as long as she has them!

love you ladies... miss you bunches... and I am so very sorry for not being around and being so undependable.

:heart

:mug

All are awesome!!

Mama K

Thank you!

GrannyAnnie,

love your butterfly bugaboo and the rock people snow kid, how cute. Nice job on the bag too.

Thank you!

[ATTACH]47765[/ATTACH]

shoot me!

sorry guys........its been really rough here!!! My son's 'ex-to-be' has lost her ever lovin' mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has accused my son of horrible things.. and now has gone to accusing me of unbelievable things. My son lost his first fight of temporary custody of his girls. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER! Oh the long story behind all this................ :sigh

I am so disappointed in myself... I have let this woman get in my head and cause me to feel and think things that are NOT me! I'm also disappointed in myself for not seeing who she really was LONG AGO!

I'm just so sick.... I will never see my grandbabies again as long as she has them!

love you ladies... miss you bunches... and I am so very sorry for not being around and being so undependable.

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

(((HUGS TAMMY)))

girl ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....were all here pulling for you! much love and prayers going forth for your situation

[ATTACH]47765[/ATTACH]

shoot me!

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug Positive thoughts and wishes coming you way :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

[ATTACH]47765[/ATTACH]

shoot me!

:hug:hug

Mama K

Tam unless she can prove your husband is a total nut case she cannot keep them away from him, at least for visits. He needs to get a parenting plan in place asap. Unfortunately he needs a good lawyer too.

Have your son look up http://www.divorcecare.org and find a group in his area. It WILL help if he lets it. I am heading there tonight myself, but because I am now one of the leaders helping others through. It's not fun, but it is survivable...

Tam- So sorry for all the trouble that the ex is putting you, your DS and the children through I'll keep saying prayers!!

Ann- Love the projects--great job!!!!

Sherry- I sent you a PM re: ugly but warm hat

Hope you ALL had a good day today- rainy, cool here- and I didn't get home till almost 7---off to start the baby blanket---no use putting it off any longer!!!

Good evening all!

Thanks Joanne for the PM. Will try to do another one tonight. I'm gonna try on the ones I made on some kiddos at the daycare--just to see what size they would fit.

Tam - so sorry for all the heartache. I'll be praying for all of you.

Ann - hope you had a good trip to Walmart, especially the yarn aisle!!

Sue - hope you're doing fine.

Ducky - hope you're feeling better.

I've been going to a new dr this week, a chiropractor. My back was always hurting, so today I had my first treatment and my back is sore but it is feeling better.

Everyone have a great evening - hugs to all!

Archived