crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Mama that turned out beautiful! I cannot find the RH tweed around here much. I was in Oregon a few months ago and found it for the first time. It makes that hat really special!

Thanks! I thought so too! I had to order my first batch from the redheart website, but now my Super Joanne's carries it! Never on sale but I can sure use my plentiful coupons for it!

Mama K

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Happy thanksgiving to you all.

well my day has started out with the dogs greeting me happily at the door, getting into something in the back yard and ugh they reek like a nasty swap I had about an inch of dirt in my tub after rinsing them off. then lotto exploded his new toy and I have stuffing everywhere.

What a way to be greeted! At least you know you're loved! :lol

Happy Thanksgiving! I am so blessed this year! and thankful for it all!

I was able to do Julee's test hat all in one day yesterday! Easy Peasy is right and I used RH tweeds and love how rich it looks! Here's a pic!

Have a great day all!

Mama Kuddles

:manyheart I love the RH tweeds and this hat is awesome!

Happy thanksgiving to you all.

well my day has started out with the dogs greeting me happily at the door, getting into something in the back yard and ugh they reek like a nasty swap I had about an inch of dirt in my tub after rinsing them off. then lotto exploded his new toy and I have stuffing everywhere.

Nice way to start yor day!!

I finally got around to taking pics of the grandkids hats that I've been making. Just posted them here. Now I'm just praying that they fit! :lol

The hats are really cute!!!

Had a wonderful day and can you stay stuffed? I think I ate enough for the entire weekend today!!!:lol

Good morning!

A beautiful sunny, crisp day here NJ!

Not braving the crowds today- I am just in the mood to take it easy and relax--I may go out to get a manicure since I'm sure they won't be too crowded. Most people usually get their nails done before a holiday, not after! LOL

Hugs to all!

Good Morning!

It's a bright sunshiny day here today! A bit of a bite in the air, but now rain or snow! I actually slept in until 7:45am! I think my 2 hrs sleep the night before caught up with me. :lol I definitely will not be going to the stores today. DH will swing by the grocery store on his way home from work for a couple things, but it's our little place here in town so it shouldn't be too crowded. Today's schedule: make swedish apple pie and pumpkin crisp! After that I'm free to crochet! Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug

Good morning!

A beautiful sunny, crisp day here NJ!

Not braving the crowds today- I am just in the mood to take it easy and relax--I may go out to get a manicure since I'm sure they won't be too crowded. Most people usually get their nails done before a holiday, not after! LOL

Hugs to all!

I manicure sounds like a nice relaxing treat!

Hi all! Back to work today and all weekend as usual. It was nice to have a couple days off even though yesterday didn't feel like it. Kinda quiet at work so we actually get out on time and home before the sun sets.

I hope everyone is well! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Hi all! Back to work today and all weekend as usual. It was nice to have a couple days off even though yesterday didn't feel like it. Kinda quiet at work so we actually get out on time and home before the sun sets.

I hope everyone is well! :hug

Glad you enjoyed your time off. It sure goes quick doesn't it! I had a busy day (for me) today. Made my apple pie and pumpkin crisp and even got some chicken cooked for DH's supper! I'm exhausted now! Don't even want to look at a crochet hook! I need a cuppa bad!:mug:lol Oh, and I couldn't resist eating a bite of apple when I was making the pie, so my tummy is screaming at me too! When will I ever learn! :blush The dr tells me to keep trying but it never works. Ok, back to cruising! Gotta see what's happening around here! See everyone later! :hug

Hi all,

Ann- the pumpkin crisp and apple pie sounds delicious. Sorry that your tummy is bothering you-hope it doesn't last too long!

I did get my manicure today- and I stopped into ACM- the lure of Amazing yarn on sale plus 30% off just got the best of me- I was good, though- only got 4 skeins! Other than that I stayed away from the stores!

I decided to read for a bit today- and took a walk- the weather was just so nice!!!

Tonight I think I'll pick up the hook and yarn

Hey gang! I forgot about posting photos of our 2nd grade float; you may remember the story of the Super Mario Brothers World float that got pretty much destroyed in a quick downpour that happened about 2 or 3 hours before the parade... Here are the pictures!! LOL I was going for a "Super 2nd Grade World" as a theme, and we used RES - Reynold's Educational System... (instead of NES - which is Nintendo Entertainment System). My son Dmitri wanted to be Mario, and we made Koopa Troopa's, ParaTroopa's, Goomba's, had a couple mushrooms, and a few invincibility stars. We even had a couple of the green pipes - although I never did get a piranha plant figured out... LOL After the storm took down the banner (which was the saddest part, I thought, because that's what Dmitri and I had spent about 4 hours working on the night before...) another Mom and I just did up some "2nd grade" letters to put on the string so the judges would know which class the float belonged to... and in that photo you can see me - I'm on the far right in the bright pink jacket. :) Oh, and the photo of the world - I just put that on there because Dmitri had such fun labeling the planet! :hug Enjoy!!

post-25611-135897713654_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897713672_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897713676_thumb.jpg

post-25611-13589771368_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897713683_thumb.jpg

post-25611-135897713687_thumb.jpg

We certainly didn't have the "Grandest" float - some of those floats were REALLY something. I feel that we had the float that truly represented what the 2nd grader wanted, though ~ he pretty much called the shots! :lol Some of the floats, while huge and amazing, were probably conceived of and produced by the parents and not the kids... that's just my opinion, though, and I wasn't actually involved in any of those floats so that's purely conjecture on my part. :manyheart

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I'm doing a small-ish dinner for my siblings and I Sunday. I hope I feel better before then; I'm starting to feel a little icky. I took some Ester-C and ibuprofen, so I hope that kicks it in the boot-ay and everything feels better when I roll out of bed again (I took a 4 hour nap earlier this evening. Is that really a nap? Some may call that a full nights' sleep! LOL). I watched my 11 month old niece Kinzie today, because my sister's babysitter was sick - so I was up earlier than I planned and busy busy busy all day! I have absolutely nothing left for keeping little ones; no high chair, no playpen, no saucer-thingy that they can be in and be safe while I work around them. Thank God for my daughter Arielle (she's 8) ~ she was right there helping out with Kinzie today!! Whew! I gave her a pedicure after dinner, she enjoyed that. :D Okay, enough rambling from me... Talk to you all on the flip side!! :hug

Good Morning Ladies! I'm up and at 'em! Have to get ready early today. It's our Thanksgiving day celebration day with the kids and grandkids! :yay I was so exhausted last night that when I tried to work on a hat for my gs I just couldn't think clear enough to follow the directions so I gave up and went to bed at 8:30! :lol I'm praying for enough stamina to make it through the day! :) Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday! I'll check back in tonight when I get home! :hug

Hi all,

Ann- the pumpkin crisp and apple pie sounds delicious. Sorry that your tummy is bothering you-hope it doesn't last too long!

I did get my manicure today- and I stopped into ACM- the lure of Amazing yarn on sale plus 30% off just got the best of me- I was good, though- only got 4 skeins! Other than that I stayed away from the stores!

I decided to read for a bit today- and took a walk- the weather was just so nice!!!

Tonight I think I'll pick up the hook and yarn

Thanks, it will take a few days for my tummy to settle back down to it's usually yuckiness, lol! :hug I don't blame you for stopping at ACM for that deal! WTG on restraining yourself though!

Hey gang! I forgot about posting photos of our 2nd grade float; you may remember the story of the Super Mario Brothers World float that got pretty much destroyed in a quick downpour that happened about 2 or 3 hours before the parade... Here are the pictures!! LOL I was going for a "Super 2nd Grade World" as a theme, and we used RES - Reynold's Educational System... (instead of NES - which is Nintendo Entertainment System). My son Dmitri wanted to be Mario, and we made Koopa Troopa's, ParaTroopa's, Goomba's, had a couple mushrooms, and a few invincibility stars. We even had a couple of the green pipes - although I never did get a piranha plant figured out... LOL After the storm took down the banner (which was the saddest part, I thought, because that's what Dmitri and I had spent about 4 hours working on the night before...) another Mom and I just did up some "2nd grade" letters to put on the string so the judges would know which class the float belonged to... and in that photo you can see me - I'm on the far right in the bright pink jacket. :) Oh, and the photo of the world - I just put that on there because Dmitri had such fun labeling the planet! :hug Enjoy!!

[ATTACH]48107[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48108[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48109[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48110[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48111[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]48112[/ATTACH]

We certainly didn't have the "Grandest" float - some of those floats were REALLY something. I feel that we had the float that truly represented what the 2nd grader wanted, though ~ he pretty much called the shots! :lol Some of the floats, while huge and amazing, were probably conceived of and produced by the parents and not the kids... that's just my opinion, though, and I wasn't actually involved in any of those floats so that's purely conjecture on my part. :manyheart

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! I'm doing a small-ish dinner for my siblings and I Sunday. I hope I feel better before then; I'm starting to feel a little icky. I took some Ester-C and ibuprofen, so I hope that kicks it in the boot-ay and everything feels better when I roll out of bed again (I took a 4 hour nap earlier this evening. Is that really a nap? Some may call that a full nights' sleep! LOL). I watched my 11 month old niece Kinzie today, because my sister's babysitter was sick - so I was up earlier than I planned and busy busy busy all day! I have absolutely nothing left for keeping little ones; no high chair, no playpen, no saucer-thingy that they can be in and be safe while I work around them. Thank God for my daughter Arielle (she's 8) ~ she was right there helping out with Kinzie today!! Whew! I gave her a pedicure after dinner, she enjoyed that. :D Okay, enough rambling from me... Talk to you all on the flip side!! :hug

The float was wonderful and your son looks so cute!!!! Nice to "see" you to! I hope you are feeling better. :hug

Melani - great float!! Thanks for sharing with us.

Ann - hope you do ok today.

Sue - glad you had a good holiday!

Mama K - love the hat!!

Joanne - Way to go on the yarn!

DDs and I went out to Walmart on Thursday night, picked up 4 pairs of PJs for both boys and a few other items. We were out within an hour. Then went to Target to get some other things for the boys (found some great toys)--didn't even look at Walmart's toys it was a mad house. Came back home and then went to Gordman's at 6 to get the last of the presents. Got everything done except for my son, don't have any idea what to get him.

Not feeling to great--they decided to spray Lysol again in the daycare on Tuesday. So now I'm sick again. I did call the dr and ask for antibotics since it was a long weekend.

Did crochet a lot yesterday afternoon on DD's cowl. It's looking nice (I'm using a varigated yarn) but it sure is big, hoping that once it's sewn up it will be ok. If I do it again, I'll use a larger hook and make it smaller.

Hope you all have a great Saturday!

Hi all,

Ann- Have fun with the grands at your Thanksgiving dinner!!!

Melani- I love that float- and your pictures were great. You are creating wonderful memories!!!

Sherry- Wonder why spraying Lysol makes you sick? Hope you feel better really quick! You are a brave soul to venture to Walmart on Black Friday- or any store for that matter. I don't like the crowds when I'm shopping!! Glad you got everything you wanted to get!!

Kuddles- How's your long weekend going? hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sue- In the two days you were off you got a lot of projects done!!! Glad you enjoyed the time off--pretty soon, you'll be on vacation from school--few more weeks!!!

We're going to watch the Rutgers football game at noon. Another lazy day!

hey :turtle was it you that was asking about a rr using 2 strands? I'm not very far on this one, but here is a pic of what I got. I use Gene Sanders pattern as it works so well for me. I never have problems with rippling with this pattern

signed :rabbit

post-35596-135897713818_thumb.jpg

Hi all! Weekend has been good so far! Just got back from a quick 24 hour visit with my family but back home now!

Hope everyone had a good one! hugs to those not feeling great and woot on the double strand RR Mary!

Gotta get the house settled now and then crochet and rest!

Mama K

Joanne - I'm allergic to fragnances, so anything they spray in the air, really makes me sick. They know it and did it anyway. If it continues, I may have to look for other work, which I don't really want to do but I can't be sick all the time.

Mama K - glad you had a good visit with family.

Mary - good job on the double strand. I think I had asked sometime ago about it. I made one for a baby blanket. It turned out great. Haven't heard if mom-to-be has received it or not.

Cold, windy and rainy here today. Had to get out earlier but I'm back home and been crocheting. Gotta finish that cowl so I can start on some other project. Christmas will be here before we know it!!

hey :turtle was it you that was asking about a rr using 2 strands? I'm not very far on this one, but here is a pic of what I got. I use Gene Sanders pattern as it works so well for me. I never have problems with rippling with this pattern

signed :rabbit

Yes it was :turtle asking. :lol Very pretty :rabbit! Where do I find the pattern??

Hi Everyone! Had a wonderful time visiting the grands! Back home now and ready for bed! :lol

Sherry, I hope you feel better soon! I have allergies to fragrances to so I understand how nasty they can make you feel! :hug

Mary the RR looks great!

Kuddles, glad you had a nice time with your family!

Joanne, hope you're enjoying the game! (or is it over, I don't even know what time it is I'm so tired! LOL!)

Have a good night everyone! I'll see you tomorrow! :hug

Hi all,

My DD and the little guy came over this afternoon in the 3rd quarter of the Rutgers game--which they lost:(

It was nice to have them here and I made him an earflap hat- pretty simple and it fits!!! That was a first for me. Forgot to take a pic -- I was just excited that it fit him!

Great RR, Mary!

Sue- The pattern for Gene's RR is here- I've made one too and it's easy and came out great!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/9-pointed-star-round-ripple

Thanks for all the kudos on the float, I appreciate that!

I keep forgetting to mention ~ all the lovely items being posted I have checked out and admired... they are all great!! The pattern Mama K tested (the earflap hat) is one I'm looking forward to getting! Can't wait til it's available!!!

I am feeling better; the little guy isn't, though. :( Poor little dude. Arielle was down for 4 days with it ~ I wonder how long it'll knock him for a loop. And we're having the family over tomorrow for a dinner. I'll just warn everyone to give Dmitri plenty of space!!

:hug to all!!

I keep forgetting to mention ~ all the lovely items being posted I have checked out and admired... they are all great!! The pattern Mama K tested (the earflap hat) is one I'm looking forward to getting! Can't wait til it's available!!!

!

It to can be yours!! :lolhttp://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-peasy-ear-flap-hat-pattern

Hi everyone. I've been a stranger. :blush Just not much in forum mood lately. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have been crocheting on and off. Just finished my first baby clothes.. a Steeler sweater dress. Working on a Steeler hexagon sweater jacket and just sent out some Steeler totes and a hat for her little girl w/ matching tiny tote. Yeah... I have a friend that is a Steelers fan. :lol I get to do a lapghan next. :crocheting

Long time ago, in '08, I was collecting the Xavier Roberts Original dolls. I sold them all after I lost Pat but I found one in a thrift store last month (hardly ever happens), took him home and cleaned him up. Got me missing them as I enjoy finding baby clothes for them and figured I might could even make some. Well, I just 'adopted' my Christmas Gift (hey, I figure I'm entitled since I haven't had Christmas in years). He is an 05 boy that has had his hair redone (or spa'd as they say). Does anyone recognize what type/color of yarn this is? I LOVE it and would love to have a girl done w/ matching hair.

Thanks and hope you are all doing well. I came back on and had 17 pages of 'new posts' so couldn't go through them all. :( I'll try and catch up as I can.

post-44513-135897713941_thumb.jpg

post-44513-135897713945_thumb.jpg

Sue- The pattern for Gene's RR is here- I've made one too and it's easy and came out great!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/9-pointed-star-round-ripple

Thanks Joanne. I didn't realize Gene was Crochet Dad! :)

I am feeling better; the little guy isn't, though. :( Poor little dude. Arielle was down for 4 days with it ~ I wonder how long it'll knock him for a loop. And we're having the family over tomorrow for a dinner. I'll just warn everyone to give Dmitri plenty of space!!

I'm glad you're feeling better, now we just need the little one to feel better. :hug

Good morning!

Steph- Good to see a post from you- and love the "Steelers stuff" Love the little CPK you adopted, but have no idea what kind of yarn his hair is made of.

I'm babysitting for a few hours later for DD - her DH works on Sunday. I may take out some of the Christmas decs this morning- going for low-key again this year. My DH could care less if the house is decorated or not, so now I tend to keep it simple, yet festive!

Enjoy your Sunday! And Sue- take good care of those birds!

Good Morning All!

Hope this day finds you all well. It appears that it's going to be a nice bright sunshiny day! The alpaca farm down the street is having an open house this weekend, today being the last day, and DH has said he'd bring me to it! I love driving by and seeing them outside. I've always wondered if they have yarn (they don't usually advertise, just alpacas for sale) but the ad said they have yarn!:yay Now as long as I'm not allergic I'll be all set! :lol I tend to be allergic to most large animals. :( Have a wonderful day my friends! :hug

Hi all,

My DD and the little guy came over this afternoon in the 3rd quarter of the Rutgers game--which they lost:(

It was nice to have them here and I made him an earflap hat- pretty simple and it fits!!! That was a first for me. Forgot to take a pic -- I was just excited that it fit him!

WTG on the hat!!! What pattern did you use?

Glad you're feeling better. Hope the little guy is feeling better soon!

Hi everyone. I've been a stranger. :blush Just not much in forum mood lately. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have been crocheting on and off. Just finished my first baby clothes.. a Steeler sweater dress. Working on a Steeler hexagon sweater jacket and just sent out some Steeler totes and a hat for her little girl w/ matching tiny tote. Yeah... I have a friend that is a Steelers fan. :lol I get to do a lapghan next. :crocheting

Long time ago, in '08, I was collecting the Xavier Roberts Original dolls. I sold them all after I lost Pat but I found one in a thrift store last month (hardly ever happens), took him home and cleaned him up. Got me missing them as I enjoy finding baby clothes for them and figured I might could even make some. Well, I just 'adopted' my Christmas Gift (hey, I figure I'm entitled since I haven't had Christmas in years). He is an 05 boy that has had his hair redone (or spa'd as they say). Does anyone recognize what type/color of yarn this is? I LOVE it and would love to have a girl done w/ matching hair.

Thanks and hope you are all doing well. I came back on and had 17 pages of 'new posts' so couldn't go through them all. :( I'll try and catch up as I can.

So good to hear from you! The CPK is adorable! I don't know what the yarn is although it does look familiar. :think Love the Steelers stuff too!

Archived