crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hurray! You're going to get some time off! Enjoy!!!! :hug

Just found out today that there is no lecture on Wed, so no hooky just a day off. Ahhhh!

How are you feeling Ann?? :hug

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
no warm weather here..though it is supposed to warm back up this week.

Driveway this morning. With the weird spring weather the trees didn't really turn color and still have most of their leaves!

I'm in shorts and a tank top with the A/C on. It's 85 outside. RUN :turtle RUN! :rabbit will hurt you! :rofl

BTW, do you ever show in FL? I want a :rabbit:)

afternoon all!

wow it seems like everybody is gearing up for the hollidays....i however cant get motivated :(

was at walmart the pther day and they were blasting Christmas music over the intercom.

this past saturday was the 2 year "anniversary of the passing of DH ma....affectionately referred to as mother smith

the 26th my aint ruth will have been gone a year

Sue - you're soooooooooo bad. :devil It's 39 here and raining lots of COLD rain!! At least snow's not in the forecast. Sue - enjoy your days off!!!

Mary hope it warms up soon for you.

Ducky - hugs to you.

Ann - hope you're doing good today.

Joanne - I've counted that row and it's 36. I use 2 strands WW. Not sure why they are smaller other than the size of the hook. What brand to you use? Maybe mine is an older size of N??? Oh well, at least some little ones will have some hats. I'm gonna try using a different hook on the next one and see.

Found some cowl patterns and plan to try one for DD. May make them for Christmas gifts for the girls (our two DDs and DIL). GS wants me to make his teacher one but I had planned on a SBT. Will see how the money situation goes, otherwise she'll get a SBT in school colors.

Have a meeting tonight. could be a very LONG one. Wishing I could be home watching a football game or a Christmas movie!!

Hugs to All.

Quick pop in before craft club

Sue- Nice--two days off!!! You so deserve it!!! (and probably need it) Enjoy!!!

Sherry- I use a Susan Bates Bamboo handled L, M or N I think the range is 10.00 mm/11.00mm/12 mm?

Ann- What cowl are you making?

Mary- The snow looks pretty--but so happy it isn't here--just rainy and 50~~

Kuddles- You are now down to a day and 1/2 of work for the week!!! WOOT

Off I go, I see it's already 6:30!!!

Just found out today that there is no lecture on Wed, so no hooky just a day off. Ahhhh!

How are you feeling Ann?? :hug

No lecture? Fantastic!!! Enjoy you time off, you so deserve it! :yay Me, I'm having a so-so day. Won't complain! :lol thanks for asking :hug

no warm weather here..though it is supposed to warm back up this week.

Driveway this morning. With the weird spring weather the trees didn't really turn color and still have most of their leaves!

Brrr! We had nice weather today and I enjoyed it! Not looking forward to the white stuff later on this week!

afternoon all!

wow it seems like everybody is gearing up for the hollidays....i however cant get motivated :(

was at walmart the pther day and they were blasting Christmas music over the intercom.

this past saturday was the 2 year "anniversary of the passing of DH ma....affectionately referred to as mother smith

the 26th my aint ruth will have been gone a year

:hug:hug:hug

Sue - you're soooooooooo bad. :devil It's 39 here and raining lots of COLD rain!! At least snow's not in the forecast. Sue - enjoy your days off!!!

Mary hope it warms up soon for you.

Ducky - hugs to you.

Ann - hope you're doing good today.

Joanne - I've counted that row and it's 36. I use 2 strands WW. Not sure why they are smaller other than the size of the hook. What brand to you use? Maybe mine is an older size of N??? Oh well, at least some little ones will have some hats. I'm gonna try using a different hook on the next one and see.

Found some cowl patterns and plan to try one for DD. May make them for Christmas gifts for the girls (our two DDs and DIL). GS wants me to make his teacher one but I had planned on a SBT. Will see how the money situation goes, otherwise she'll get a SBT in school colors.

Have a meeting tonight. could be a very LONG one. Wishing I could be home watching a football game or a Christmas movie!!

Hugs to All.

Hope the meeting goes quickly! Not a christmas movie, but I was watching Casper, so cute! I used to love that cartoon!

Quick pop in before craft club

Sue- Nice--two days off!!! You so deserve it!!! (and probably need it) Enjoy!!!

Sherry- I use a Susan Bates Bamboo handled L, M or N I think the range is 10.00 mm/11.00mm/12 mm?

Ann- What cowl are you making?

Mary- The snow looks pretty--but so happy it isn't here--just rainy and 50~~

Kuddles- You are now down to a day and 1/2 of work for the week!!! WOOT

Off I go, I see it's already 6:30!!!

Me, I'm not making a cowl, that's Sherry! :lol (I think :think:lol) Have fun at the craft club!

Yep, it's making the cowl. Don't have the pattern with me right but I'll get it tomorrow. It's a free pattern. So far it's worked up quickly, it's done in a V stitch. GS wanted me to make something for his mommy, so I thought this would be good for her.

Meeting wasn't too great, ran for about 1 1/2 hours. I guess it could have been worse, so I'm thankful it didn't run a lot longer.

Lots of RAIN today!!!! We so need it but I could do without the 37 degrees that came with it. I guess we're never happy - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter ---don't want to hear anything Sue about shorts and tank tops :lol

Hugs to all!:hug

Good morning!

Raining here this morning too---I'm with Sherry- No need to hear about those of you who are in AC/Shorts/Sunshine (mmmm now WHO would that be?:lol)

Sorry about confusing who was making the cowl~read through the posts fast- and these old brain cells just aren't what they used to be:lol

I had fun at craft club- and worked on the scarf for DD with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK yarn that is just oh so soft and nice to work with! I really, really like it! :manyheart

Off to get ready for another day of work--but I'd really rather be staying home and :crocheting---just sayin.....

Hello all! Yes Joanne, WOOT! Just today and half of tomorrow! AND......boss is out at meetings today and taking tomorrow off! Double WOOT! It will be so quiet and nice........

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

good morning everyone.

I have been staying busy working on christmas presents. Have my nieces blanket almost done just need to weave ends. it is really cute.

I have work tonight and tomorrow night then off for thanksgiving and friday so i get to hit the stores :cheerand the best part of it, when i get home on thurs. morning lotto and hank will be here visiting. oh and kendra :lol i have already shopped and have lots of spoiling things here for them

Lots of RAIN today!!!! We so need it but I could do without the 37 degrees that came with it. I guess we're never happy - too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter ---don't want to hear anything Sue about shorts and tank tops :lol

Fine. I'm in shorts and a T-SHIRT. :lol

Morning All! Cold and rainy here today too! I have to venture out to the dr's(rheumatologist) in a bit, then it's home to spend the day crocheting. I finished the kitty purse for gd last night, today it's on to the next hat! This one will be for gd #1, another kitty hat, one to match her purse that I made her for her birthday. that way both sisters have a matching set! No fights that way (I hope! :lol) Although the hats and purses are different for each girl...hmmm. I'm still debating what I want to make the DIL's. It has to fit in there stockings. And I have no ideas for the sons! ANY and all ideas welcome! Thanks ladies! Ok, gotta get ready for the dr appt. Be back later. Have a great day! :hug

Yep, it's making the cowl. Don't have the pattern with me right but I'll get it tomorrow. It's a free pattern. So far it's worked up quickly, it's done in a V stitch. GS wanted me to make something for his mommy, so I thought this would be good for her.

Meeting wasn't too great, ran for about 1 1/2 hours. I guess it could have been worse, so I'm thankful it didn't run a lot longer.

Glad the mtg didn't go too long! :lol I'm interested in what cowl you're making too!

Good morning!

Raining here this morning too---I'm with Sherry- No need to hear about those of you who are in AC/Shorts/Sunshine (mmmm now WHO would that be?:lol)

Sorry about confusing who was making the cowl~read through the posts fast- and these old brain cells just aren't what they used to be:lol

I had fun at craft club- and worked on the scarf for DD with the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK yarn that is just oh so soft and nice to work with! I really, really like it! :manyheart

Off to get ready for another day of work--but I'd really rather be staying home and :crocheting---just sayin.....

Your craft club sounds like fun and that scarf sounds yummy! have a great day!

Hello all! Yes Joanne, WOOT! Just today and half of tomorrow! AND......boss is out at meetings today and taking tomorrow off! Double WOOT! It will be so quiet and nice........

Hope everyone has a great day!

Mama K

Have a fantastic boss free day!

good morning everyone.

I have been staying busy working on christmas presents. Have my nieces blanket almost done just need to weave ends. it is really cute.

I have work tonight and tomorrow night then off for thanksgiving and friday so i get to hit the stores :cheerand the best part of it, when i get home on thurs. morning lotto and hank will be here visiting. oh and kendra :lol i have already shopped and have lots of spoiling things here for them

WooHoo! enjoy the visit!!!

:lol

well I have a t-shirt on today to..and looong flannel lined pants and a sweatshirt and a heavy coat lol.

Heat wave today..supposed to get up to 47...we'll see... I didn't get the pond shut down as it should have been so hoping it actually might get that warm.

It's a free pattern from Lion Brand. Cabernet Cowl, pattern number L0391. It uses Amazing yarn, but I'm using ILTY High Moutain Stripe. It's turning out really pretty. Will post a picture when I get it done.

Lion Brand also has a Potato Chip Scarf that uses 1 ball of Vanna's Choice Yarn. Considering doing that for GS's teacher.

Still cool here but no rain today.

Mama K - enjoy your quiet day and half!!! Then enjoy your holiday weekend.

Sue - Enjoy your wonderful weather--I'm just jealous!!

Ann - hope your doing good today. Maybe make your DIL a potato chip scarf--looks like they would be quick to make.

Hi ya ladies! The drs appt went fairly well, well, as good as a drs appt can go, :lol except I have to go once a week for injections now for a while! :yuck C'est la vie! Time to conquer another pattern! Have a great afternoon everyone! :hook

well I have a t-shirt on today to..and looong flannel lined pants and a sweatshirt and a heavy coat lol.

Heat wave today..supposed to get up to 47...we'll see... I didn't get the pond shut down as it should have been so hoping it actually might get that warm.

LOL, I'm wearing a t-shirt today too...and a heavy fleece shirt and jeans, but thinking of changing into sweats soon! Wore my heavy winter coat to the dr's! Brrr! And the sun was shining at the time! It's going to be a long winter I'm afraid!

It's a free pattern from Lion Brand. Cabernet Cowl, pattern number L0391. It uses Amazing yarn, but I'm using ILTY High Moutain Stripe. It's turning out really pretty. Will post a picture when I get it done.

Lion Brand also has a Potato Chip Scarf that uses 1 ball of Vanna's Choice Yarn. Considering doing that for GS's teacher.

Still cool here but no rain today.

Mama K - enjoy your quiet day and half!!! Then enjoy your holiday weekend.

Sue - Enjoy your wonderful weather--I'm just jealous!!

Ann - hope your doing good today. Maybe make your DIL a potato chip scarf--looks like they would be quick to make.

I just looked up the Cabernet Cowl and it's very pretty! I saved it! Looking forward to seeing your when it's done! Thanks for the suggestion about the potato chip scarf for DILS. I'm not sure about scarves for them. I was thinking about a slouch type hat for each of them but I'm not even sure that they would were that. :think

Thanks for the link to the cowl pattern Sherry

Ann- glad that the appt went well---and like you said- c'est la vie re: injections-

Sue- Oh, wearing a T-shirt is so much better!!!! LOL

Kuddles- 1/2 day of work left for you!!!

tonya- have a great time with the family!

Off to make dinner. I'll try and pop in again later or in the AM--really got to work on DD's scarf!

:hug

i thought 3rds was gonna be the death of me...tonights DH last nite of them then after Thanksgiving (next minday) back to day shift WOOT WOOT!

Well, now that I'm home from work I'm back in a tank top. :lol

You lucky :turtle , Im in a tanktop only bc its 80* in my kitchen bc Im making cake pops and brownie pops and Trying a recipie I just threw together. But its cold as :yarn:yarn 's outside LOL

Hey gang! Thought I'd hop in and touch base with everyone... been reading the posts, sending prayers and hugs through the airwaves when needed, etc. Haven't posted, as usually by the time I'm finished reading to get caught up I'm all kinds of tuckered out! :lol

Anywho - my daughter was under the weather over the weekend, stayed home from school Friday and Monday ~ poor thing! She's feeling better now; went back to school today, and has just a half day tomorrow, then our long weekend!! :yay

I just finished up an ugly but warm hat, and I wanted to report on mine... it fits me, so I think the size is right. I thought it might be helpful to toss a few measurements up here for those that can't get theirs big enough or whatever... ;) Of course, maybe the "problem" is all of us over on this side of the Mississippi have tiny heads and you all have bigger heads out west or something... and that's why the hats don't fit... :rofl

Mine is approximately 21" around, and about 9" or so from top to brim. Each row of dc stitches is very nearly 1" tall. (Not quite an inch, we'll call it pert'near an inch...)

If you can't get yours big enough, I'm going to suggest adding an increase row. After row 3, I'd do a dc in the next 2 stitches, 2 dc in next stitch around, so you should end up with 48 dc's instead of 36... Then, I'd do the subsequent rounds with the 48 stitches, and either go to row 11 or even go to 12 if 11 doesn't seem quite long enough, and see how that measures up... Oh, and I have a tendency to crochet my sc stitches pretty tight, so I did a round of hdc's instead on mine. I'll get a photo snapped and uploaded sometime... it's in Turqua and Monet (both RHSS colors), and even though the name of the hat says it's "ugly", I think these colors are actually quite pretty! LOL

We're going to my Aunt Mary's for Thanksgiving this year. She just moved up to Ohio from Florida and wants to host it so we're letting her! Then I'm doing a smaller version on Sunday for my siblings and I. This is our first Thanksgiving without Mom, and I think we're all a little leery of the upcoming holidays this year... gonna be weird, that's for sure!!! :yes

Okay, that's it for my update. Short & sweet, right? :wink

You all take care, sending :hug all around!! :manyheart and have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!! :tdance:ttalk:pilgrim

Good morning!

Melani- Great to hear from you!!! Happy thanksgiving to you and yours. The First Thanksgiving w/out a parent is always tough- been there, done that...twice! You will miss her but don't worry, she'll be there with you in spirit.:hug

I agree about the ugly but warm hat--not ugly at all. I haven't had any problem- and it fits my head--but never did stop to take measurements:eek Thanks for doing that. I was actually going to try making one smaller, but haven't gotten around to that yet. The color combos are endless and you can add a flower to fancy it up --it sure makes a warm hat!!

Ducky- Woot for DH going back to day shift!!!

Mama K- WOOT for 1/2 day for you--I'm happy it's "Friday"!!! And dress down day!!!

Sue- It's pouring rain again today here- can you send some sunshine this way?

Ann- Did you get snow? I saw on the weather last night that the Berkshires were supposed to get snow.

Have a wonderful day- and to those of you who may be traveling today, be safe! Kind of dreading my commute today- took an hour last night to get home cause of the rain, and today is the busiest travel day of the year plus it is raining!!!

Hugs to all of you--and many blessings!

Good morning and happy *half day then off for four days* day! Baby K is over the moon that I pick her up before lunch and she will be allowed to play Angry Birds this afternoon (I never understood the allure but now that I've played, it IS addicting!) and then tonite some pizza and a Christmas movie!

Melanie - hey there! I hear ya on being too tuckered out to post! I've cut down tremendously on that simply because 'life' is so full! Loved hearing from you!

Joanne/Ann - howdy and have a super fantastic great day!

Oh and Mama's thought for today is a simple one: be thankful for what you have.....we are all so blessed!

Mama K

Archived