crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Got some news about my niece and I just have to share!!! She has a bone marrow donor!! She will have the surgery after Christmas (they wanted to do it before Christmas but she said if something happened that she didn't want her son to remember he lost his mom just before Christmas). Thanks for all your prayers but continue to pray for her. She's ill now and back in the hospital. She has to be healthy for the treatment, so they are pumping her full of antibiotics.

Ann - glad you're feeling better. I'm finally feeling better, if I can just keep them from spraying air fresheners here at work, I should be ok.

Sue - sorry about your bad day. Hopefully today will be better.

Got to get back to work but just had to share the news!!

Wonderful news about your niece! Prayers will continue throughout for her! Hope they stop spraying that nasty stuff around your office too! :hug

[ATTACH]47558[/ATTACH]

miss you all ................ I'm so sorry I have been so mia!

its been rough with my sons divorce.... his ex to be has drug us into it. :sigh

:heart

:mug

Aww, hon, we miss you too! Divorce can be such an ugly thing and it's the kids that usually suffer the most out of all of it. Sending up prayers for all of you. :hug

Hi all :hi Do you even remember me?? :think Yup, you guess it. This is the girl that pops on occassionally to say hi, then runs away due to issues in life.

Here's an update. Keri is still in Houston. After the major surgery, the doctors found more cancer. So she is undergoing chemo/radiation therapy and hopes to be back home to FL the beginning of Dec.

Then this past Fri, mom was having some issues so I stayed the night with dad. We ended up calling 911 on Sat morning. Long story short, she has been in the hospital since and had surgery yesterday to replace a shunt (in her head). As of today she is finally doing better.

Good news?? Thru all of this, I finished a SBT and a scarf.

Miss you girls. :manyheart Hopefully things will settle down soon and I will be able to pop in more often.

Hugs to all!!! :hug:hug

Oh my you've had your hands full! Thoughts and prayers with you too! Continued prayers with Keri. Prayers for mom too! Hope you get some time for yourself to relax a bit. :hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all

Sherry- That's wonderful news about your niece!!:clap Will continue to pray that all goes well!!!

Tam- So sorry to hear that the your DS's ex is dragging you into the mess. I will continue to pray for you and your family-:hug

Jana- Hi there stranger- (you said, it not me-:lol) You sure have had your hands full! I'm happy to hear that the shunt has helped your mom and that she is doing better. Continued prayers for Keri and for all of you!!! :hug

Sue- Wow- do I know what it's like to work short-handed-:yes your day was definitely longer than mine though!! Hope today was better than yesterday!

Ann- Glad you took a shower! :lol I got a good chuckle out of that. Did you get any :crocheting done today?

Kuddles- Did you have an awesome "MOM" day? I went to Michael's after work with a 25% off coupon including sale items --and picked up some Vanna's yarn and some of Michael's own Charisma yarn(bulky) --they were 1.99/skein- and with the coupon they came to 1.45/skein- WOOT!!! I figure I can make some of the hats with the yarn I bought today for our craft/bake sale!

Now I'm home and planning to crochet while I watch the Devils game!

Have a good night everyone!

Hi all

Ann- Glad you took a shower! :lol I got a good chuckle out of that. Did you get any :crocheting done today?

Kuddles- Did you have an awesome "MOM" day? I went to Michael's after work with a 25% off coupon including sale items --and picked up some Vanna's yarn and some of Michael's own Charisma yarn(bulky) --they were 1.99/skein- and with the coupon they came to 1.45/skein- WOOT!!! I figure I can make some of the hats with the yarn I bought today for our craft/bake sale!

Now I'm home and planning to crochet while I watch the Devils game!

Have a good night everyone!

Glad I could give you a chuckle! :lol Yes, I got a little crocheting done. Finished the scarf and started a Granny Stripe Boutique Bag. Yes, it's 1 o'clock in the morning and I am still up! I tried going to bed and slept for about 15 min! :( Gonna try it again in a few! Juno came looking for me! :lol Great deal at Michael's btw!!!

Hi everyone, :hug

Im over at a friends house with my 3 kids, her 3 kids, and her niece and nephew. Thankfully all the little angels are asleep :)

Im up....Still.... Crocheting her a 3 piece set. She fell in love with my crocheted checkbook case and asked me to make her one. So I decided to go all out and make her a checkbook case/wallet, a mini wallet for going to places you dont want to take your purse, such as the club/bar/into work, etc and a tote/purse.

I also am writing up patterns for the appliques/closures. A butterfly, and a small flower and a larger flower.

Pics to come in a few hours and also the patterns. For ALL of it. :D

Only free to my wonderful Crochetville Friends :hug

After I post it, not sure where, I guess the free patterns page,,,, DUH Lacey, LOL , Ill post here to let you all know.

If any one makes any part of it, or all of it :) please let me know if you found any errors, and/or share pics :)

Good morning!

Lacey- I hope you are still not up crocheting /writing patterns! :eek Looking forward to seeing the pics and the pattern!

Ann- I love that pattern! What color did you make the bag?

My Devils lost last night- they played so great in the first 2 periods...then...in the 3rd period they ended up losing:(

Off to re-fill my coffee, do some cleaning- and then off to Trader Joe's --this afternoon it's going to be "Me" time! Which today means watching Rutgers play Army and then tonight watching the Devils again. This is probably why I never catch up on shows on my DVR--I watch too many sports!!!:lol

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day!!!!

Good morning!!! Woot!

Yes Joanne, I had a GREAT Mom day yesterday! Got some things done around the house and went to get her 'early' at 3.....we took a walk at the local park (I froze!) then back home for pizza and the new Winnie the Pooh movie I bought her! It is so cute!

And oh yes, Joanne, we are going this morning to Michael's with my 25% off coupon and purchasing yarn cause, yeah I do NOT have near enough yarn! LOL! You are right with the sale then the coupon, WOOT! Great deals!

Then I also have a 25% off at Barnes and Noble on top of my member discount so.......yup! Gotta go there too!

I DO have some 50% off one item coupons for Joanne's but not sure I'll be going today. The coupons are good for a while....hmmmm need to sit down and clean out my purse and get all my coupons together and decide! WOOT!

Hi Ann/Sue/Jana/Sherry/////and everyone else that I know I forgot to say hi too!

Oooo Lacey, I'll also be anxious to see photos!

Well, time to get around and get ready for our big day of shopping!!! WOOT!

(yes I've had a lot of coffee already, can ya tell?)

Mama Kuddles

Why yes, I am still up Crocheting and writing patterns.

My 4yrold DD woke up at 4 am and has been up since. My 7yrold DD woke up at 5am and started fighting with her little sister.They have refused to listen for the last 2 hours.

So we are waiting for Aunt Shellie to get up ( My friend :) ) so we can have a talk with them. They are in time out right now. but still, it doesnt seem to be sinking in today that time out means sit and be quiet. :bang

Im not sure if I want to :rofl out of delerium, or :thair from pure frustration. Oh well, once Aunt Shellie is up they will be have. IDK why, but they will.

I am 1/3 of hte way finished with the tote/purse, and 99% finished with the mini wallet and the checkbook case. All I have to do is find a needle large enough to stitch them together. And attach the closures and extra appliques. I may have to go to walmart just for the needle. I dont think I brought one with me , and of course Shellie doesnt have a sewing needle anywhere in the house. :( Oh the tragedy.

Good morning!!! Woot!

Yes Joanne, I had a GREAT Mom day yesterday! Got some things done around the house and went to get her 'early' at 3.....we took a walk at the local park (I froze!) then back home for pizza and the new Winnie the Pooh movie I bought her! It is so cute!

And oh yes, Joanne, we are going this morning to Michael's with my 25% off coupon and purchasing yarn cause, yeah I do NOT have near enough yarn! LOL! You are right with the sale then the coupon, WOOT! Great deals!

Then I also have a 25% off at Barnes and Noble on top of my member discount so.......yup! Gotta go there too!

I DO have some 50% off one item coupons for Joanne's but not sure I'll be going today. The coupons are good for a while....hmmmm need to sit down and clean out my purse and get all my coupons together and decide! WOOT!

Hi Ann/Sue/Jana/Sherry/////and everyone else that I know I forgot to say hi too!

Oooo Lacey, I'll also be anxious to see photos!

Well, time to get around and get ready for our big day of shopping!!! WOOT!

(yes I've had a lot of coffee already, can ya tell?)

Mama Kuddles

Oh my word!!! Thanks for the tip about the B&N coupon-just printed it out--cause guess what? B&N and Michael's are pretty close together!! Woot!!!!!! Just 'whipped up' another Ugly but Warm hat using the Charisma yarn I got at Michael's last night- I love the way it worked up-and for 1.49 (with the coupon) per skein- you can't beat it!!!

Off to get ready and go shopping!!! WOOT!!!!!!!

Why yes, I am still up Crocheting and writing patterns.

My 4yrold DD woke up at 4 am and has been up since. My 7yrold DD woke up at 5am and started fighting with her little sister.They have refused to listen for the last 2 hours.

So we are waiting for Aunt Shellie to get up ( My friend :) ) so we can have a talk with them. They are in time out right now. but still, it doesnt seem to be sinking in today that time out means sit and be quiet. :bang

Im not sure if I want to :rofl out of delerium, or :thair from pure frustration. Oh well, once Aunt Shellie is up they will be have. IDK why, but they will.

I am 1/3 of hte way finished with the tote/purse, and 99% finished with the mini wallet and the checkbook case. All I have to do is find a needle large enough to stitch them together. And attach the closures and extra appliques. I may have to go to walmart just for the needle. I dont think I brought one with me , and of course Shellie doesnt have a sewing needle anywhere in the house. :( Oh the tragedy.

:eek no needles anywhere in the house? :lol Can't believe you are still up!!! I'd be crashing for sure...I think you better just :lol out of delirium and hopefully the little ones will calm down a bit for you!

Well Aunt Shellie is up and they did their time quietly, LOL . Luckily I have my up-and-at-em meds. So I should be good.

Plus I have Mtn Dew :D Dont worry, I dont abuse my meds. The all-nighter was due to my BiPolar, sometimes I just cant sleep andI figure I may as well be productive.

I did find a needle, finally. It was hiding in the bottom of my backpack. Dont know how it got there. But YAY I found it. I got one of the long inner pockets sewn into the checkbook case.

BUT its break time, my back is killing me from sitting in this chair all night :)

Good Morning Everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Lacey, looking forward to seeing your pics and patterns! We should have chatted while we were up together last night! :lol

Mama, have fun shopping today!

Joanne, hope your team wins today! I'm making the bag with CSS country blue (I think! :lol it's all the way in the other room ya know!)

Sue, Jana, Ducky, Sherry, Tam, and all sending great big hugs and hoping you have a great day! :hug

Back from Michaels and B&N!! I must stay away from the craft stores! But I plan to make everyone ugly but warm hats since they work up so quickly with the Charisma yarn.

Lacey- Glad you found a needle (and the first thing I thought- was she found the needle in a haystack!:lol) Looking forward to the pattern.

Ann- I like the CSS Country blue! Enjoy the day!

Finishing up the checkbook case/cover and the mini wallet right now. Making final corrections to the patterns ATM. The Purse pattern is pretty straight forward after the increase rows. All HDCs. The only other part that would be a pain is attaching the handles, and thats pretty easy too.

Pics have to be loaded to my FB via iphone, then linked to here. So shouldnt take too long to get them up. Pattern is almost done too. :) yay ! :cheer

So all will be up soon. The only thing I have left to finish is the purse, but Ive made so many of them That I could write the pattern in my sleep :D

I saved the file on my computer as a PDF, but not sure if it will send as a PDF..... anyone mind if I email the PDF to them to make sure it works????

PM me your email if you dont mind checking it for me Thanks :hug

Busy day........and I decided NOT to buy yarn at Michaels! I have 10 tubs! Even at a great price, I was able to say no! And did not use the B&N 25% off anything coupon.

Wow, I was really grown up today!

Tired now, resting for the rest of today! Homemade pizza and watching the new Winnie the Pooh movie again with my girl.

Have a great nite all!

Mama Kuddles

Im always up for chatting :D Im a bit of a chatterbox lol

Well then, next time we're up at the same time we'll have to chat! :D

Back from Michaels and B&N!! I must stay away from the craft stores! But I plan to make everyone ugly but warm hats since they work up so quickly with the Charisma yarn.

Lacey- Glad you found a needle (and the first thing I thought- was she found the needle in a haystack!:lol) Looking forward to the pattern.

Ann- I like the CSS Country blue! Enjoy the day!

You're making gifts, you had to shop! :D I miss quoted earlier, it isn't CSS, it's RHSS. My brain is fried! :P I hope to get some sleep tonight! :yes

Link to post in free patterns for the 3 piece set :)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=133876

Thank you soooo much! That was a lot of work! You are awesome!

Busy day........and I decided NOT to buy yarn at Michaels! I have 10 tubs! Even at a great price, I was able to say no! And did not use the B&N 25% off anything coupon.

Tired now, resting for the rest of today! Homemade pizza and watching the new Winnie the Pooh movie again with my girl.

Have a great nite all!

Mama Kuddles

Oh Mama! I don't think I could ever be that grown up! :lol Congrats to you though! Enjoy the movie and pizza!

Have a great nite all!

Mama Kuddles

I wish I had your restraint!! I bought yarn and I got a book! :lol So I guess I wasn't too grown up today!:lol Enjoy Winnie the Pooh!!

Just finished watching the Rutgers game--and Woot!!! They WON:clap:clap I did get 2 hats and a keyhole scarf made today!

Ann- :lol Chuckling here and DH is looking at me funny--I said "you wouldn't get it"....about the CSS vs RHSS---Country blue---Well, I like blue and I like both of the country blues--so all is good!!! :lol Hope you do get some sleep tonight!

Lacey- that was a lot of work writing up that pattern and getting the pics. Probably by now I hope you are sleeping!!! Thanks for sharing--they came out awesome!

Sue- Hope the birds behaved today--you did say you were going to be with the birds today didn't you?:think

I will not look at any yarn emails or sales tomorrow. I will not look at any yarn emails or sales tomorrow---or next week---or next month!!!;)

Well Ann and Joanne......don't know how 'grown up' I was since then I watched a kids movie! LOL!

I guess showing restraint WAS a better way to say it! But girls, I have 10 tubs of yarn! Good grief! It's an illness!

Pizza = good. Movie = cute. Evening with 7 year old DD = priceless!

Love from Mama Kuddles

I will not look at any yarn emails or sales tomorrow. I will not look at any yarn emails or sales tomorrow---or next week---or next month!!!;)

Yeah ya will....so will I! It's an illness....not our faults!

Mama K

Sorry, when I said "bird day" it was our bird festival (Wings on the Wind). Kinda like our turtle day, but with birds. I worked turtles as normal. :lol We released one juvenile green sea turtle today, so that was good. She hit the water and was GONE! It was also a co-workers birthday so we had cake and pizza. :)

Tomorrow is when I work the birds.

Lacey, you have my e-mail from the square CAL right? Send me the PDF. :)

:hug and :manyheart to my peeps! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Well Ann and Joanne......don't know how 'grown up' I was since then I watched a kids movie! LOL!

I guess showing restraint WAS a better way to say it! But girls, I have 10 tubs of yarn! Good grief! It's an illness!

Pizza = good. Movie = cute. Evening with 7 year old DD = priceless!

Love from Mama Kuddles

Kuddles- I have about a dozen tubs--and some yarn in wicker containers in my family room and in some baskets!!! I really, really, really need to stay out of the yarn stores!!!I feel like one of those hoarders--I kept saying but it's only 1.49/skein--how can I pass that up--especially when regular price is 4.69!! As long as I use what I bought yesterday and today for gifts, I'll feel better. And what did I do this afternoon? I decided to look through stash and I made a keyhole scarf and warm and ugly hat out of Bernat Soft Boucle!!:lol Donating it for our fundraiser

Yes, Evening with a 7 year old DD is priceless!!!

Hi everybody! Well, what started out as a bad case of bronchitis turned into a nasty pneumonia and I have been miserably sick now for 3 weeks. The good thing about being sick though is that I have spent my hours crocheting and working on Christmas gifts. I have also been to sick to go shopping myself so the only yarn I have bought is what I absolutely had to have for the project I was working on and I was able to send my dd with a very specific list to get that. :lol

I read through about the last ten pages just to catch up on what everyone is doing. I hope everyone had a great day today. :hug to all

Archived