crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The house is decorated--:clap all except for the tree --I have a small tabletop tree i put up in the living room...next Saturday we are going to put up the larger tree in the Family Room. It was fun- I had Christmas carols on and now I can enjoy the decorations all month. Come January, I'll not be so anxioius to have to put them all away!!:lol

Ann- Have fun at the alpaca farm. I used the pattern from the Happy Hooker book--it is actually pictured in pink/brown and cream- but I just made it solid blue. It was a pattern for a stroller blanket and a hat- Seija set.

I want to try the Sock monkey beanie that is in the book, too. Today, though, if little guy is sleeping, I'm going to work on the blanket for my friend at work. We're having the shower at work on Dec 9--so I'd better get hooking!!!:hook

It is a gorgeous, sunny warm day here--can't wait till the little guy gets here and we can go for a walk so I can burn off some of those Thanksgiving dinner calories!!!;)

Ooooo Ann, please share about your visit! There is a farm in Illinois but I think it is a 3 hour drive! Yikes!

Joanne, ooooooo I'm sure your house looks great! Pictures?

Shhhhh don't tell Baby K but I got Sandy Powers angry bird hat pattern and will make one for her for Christmas! She loves the game, when I let her play it! I must admit Mama K has also played it and it is very addicting!

Off to strip beds to wash!

Mama Kuddles

Good morning everyone! I haven't been online very much lately, and the last couple of days I have been sooooo busy I haven't been able to think about hooking!

Wednesday, I took my son to the dr and then spent the day cleaning house. Thursday, dh and I cooked Thanksgiving dinner and then I left the house at 6:30 pm with my sister to go Black Friday shopping and we didn't get back home until around 2:00 pm on Friday!!! :eek I was ready to drop on the floor!!! :yawn

Yesterday, I put up my tree, wrapped gifts, and slept... a lot!!! :lol

Hope everyone else is having a productive weekend. I am taking my mom to my sister's house in Oklahoma for a little while today, but I am hoping to have some time to drag out the hooks this evening! :hook

Hi everyone. I've been a stranger. :blush Just not much in forum mood lately. Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I have been crocheting on and off. Just finished my first baby clothes.. a Steeler sweater dress. Working on a Steeler hexagon sweater jacket and just sent out some Steeler totes and a hat for her little girl w/ matching tiny tote. Yeah... I have a friend that is a Steelers fan. :lol I get to do a lapghan next. :crocheting

Long time ago, in '08, I was collecting the Xavier Roberts Original dolls. I sold them all after I lost Pat but I found one in a thrift store last month (hardly ever happens), took him home and cleaned him up. Got me missing them as I enjoy finding baby clothes for them and figured I might could even make some. Well, I just 'adopted' my Christmas Gift (hey, I figure I'm entitled since I haven't had Christmas in years). He is an 05 boy that has had his hair redone (or spa'd as they say). Does anyone recognize what type/color of yarn this is? I LOVE it and would love to have a girl done w/ matching hair.

It's all beautiful and the CPK is soooooo cute! Congratulations on your "adoption"! :manyheart I don't know what kind of yarn it is, but it sure is pretty anyway.

Good Morning All!

Hope this day finds you all well. It appears that it's going to be a nice bright sunshiny day! The alpaca farm down the street is having an open house this weekend, today being the last day, and DH has said he'd bring me to it! I love driving by and seeing them outside. I've always wondered if they have yarn (they don't usually advertise, just alpacas for sale) but the ad said they have yarn!:yay Now as long as I'm not allergic I'll be all set! :lol I tend to be allergic to most large animals. :( Have a wonderful day my friends! :hug

Enjoy your visit to the alpaca farm! I am so jealous!!! I hope your allergies play nice! :hug

The house is decorated--:clap all except for the tree --I have a small tabletop tree i put up in the living room...next Saturday we are going to put up the larger tree in the Family Room. It was fun- I had Christmas carols on and now I can enjoy the decorations all month. Come January, I'll not be so anxioius to have to put them all away!!:lol

Ann- Have fun at the alpaca farm. I used the pattern from the Happy Hooker book--it is actually pictured in pink/brown and cream- but I just made it solid blue. It was a pattern for a stroller blanket and a hat- Seija set.

I want to try the Sock monkey beanie that is in the book, too. Today, though, if little guy is sleeping, I'm going to work on the blanket for my friend at work. We're having the shower at work on Dec 9--so I'd better get hooking!!!:hook

It is a gorgeous, sunny warm day here--can't wait till the little guy gets here and we can go for a walk so I can burn off some of those Thanksgiving dinner calories!!!;)

Enjoy your time with dgs today!!! I hope he's in a sleepy mood and you get lots of hooking time! :D

Ooooo Ann, please share about your visit! There is a farm in Illinois but I think it is a 3 hour drive! Yikes!

Joanne, ooooooo I'm sure your house looks great! Pictures?

Shhhhh don't tell Baby K but I got Sandy Powers angry bird hat pattern and will make one for her for Christmas! She loves the game, when I let her play it! I must admit Mama K has also played it and it is very addicting!

Off to strip beds to wash!

Mama Kuddles

Oh, I have to find that pattern! Dh is an angry birds fan and he would love a hat! :hook

Hi Everyone! We had a wonderful time at the alpaca farm! They are just so cute! I didn't get too close to them but some of them were running around and putting on a show for us! :lolThis is the farm we went to. And yes, I did get some yarn! :D DH said I could get enough for one project. :lol This is what I got. It's so pretty and soft! And it doesn't make me itch or break out! :yay It's really more greenish than what is shows in the picture. Don't know why is looks blue. They had some pretty knitted items for sale too but DH lead me away from those, lol! I did manage to get some finger puppets as stocking stuffers for the grands :D. So now I know that I can visit the farm without blowing up like a balloon and I can use alpaca yarn without breaking out! Hurray! It's a very good day! :yes

Joanne, your house must look so pretty! DH isn't much for decorating any more. I think I'll work on him this week and see if I can get him to bring some things out of the attic so I can decorate a bit next weekend! Thanks for letting me know what pattern you used for the hat. I'll have to check it out!

Mama K, I'm sure DD is going to love her angry birds hat!

Christie, OMG! I guess you've been busy! :lol I'd be in bed for a week if I did all that! Hope you find some time to crochet tonight! :hug

post-16860-135897713978_thumb.jpg

Ooooooooooooooo Ann! Sounds so fun and congrats on scoring some yarn!

I'm off to continue working on the house....got beds to make now, dishes are running. We made some low cal chocolate chip cookies and I let Baby K use the mixer! She was a natural!

Love from Mama K

ohhh ann that yarn looks divine.

I spent the weekend wrangling the dogs and shopping. I shopped on thurs. starting at 10pm and got home around 230pm friday, then went out sat, and after work today. which I am so glad I didnt pass up todays trip we went to an outlet mall. my heart went still and my breath was swept away at the sight of a Coach Outlet store. I walked in and everything in the store was an additional 30% off, even the ones that were on clearance and were and additional 50% off got another 30% off. well lets just say I came home with a beautiful new baby or two, include Kendra's little one and I got triplets today :lol Of course I thanked Jeff profusely for the perfect birthday present. and now since I am sitting down and havent slept in 36 hours I need to go to bed. good night all.

Ooooooooooooooo Ann! Sounds so fun and congrats on scoring some yarn!

I'm off to continue working on the house....got beds to make now, dishes are running. We made some low cal chocolate chip cookies and I let Baby K use the mixer! She was a natural!

Love from Mama K

It was really nice and something that I've been wanting to do for a couple of years. It's so silly, they are literally about 2 miles from us! We drive by them all the time! LOL! Your choc chip cookies sound wonderful! Isn't it fun making cookies with the kids! I have such fond memories of baking cookies with my boys! Never let them use the mixer though! :lol

ohhh ann that yarn looks divine.

I spent the weekend wrangling the dogs and shopping. I shopped on thurs. starting at 10pm and got home around 230pm friday, then went out sat, and after work today. which I am so glad I didnt pass up todays trip we went to an outlet mall. my heart went still and my breath was swept away at the sight of a Coach Outlet store. I walked in and everything in the store was an additional 30% off, even the ones that were on clearance and were and additional 50% off got another 30% off. well lets just say I came home with a beautiful new baby or two, include Kendra's little one and I got triplets today :lol Of course I thanked Jeff profusely for the perfect birthday present. and now since I am sitting down and havent slept in 36 hours I need to go to bed. good night all.

Sounds like you made some big scores this weekend too! I did the Black Friday shopping when my kids were little and thought I'd drop! :lol It was fun though, but it wasn't as crazy then as it is now. You sure can get some good bargains though! One of my DIL's went but she didn't go anywhere near as long as you did! Hope you get some rest! :hug

Oh Ann that yarn is divine!! I'm so happy that you had a good time--and no allergies to the alpaca!!! I have some Debbie Stoller Alpaca Love that was on clearance and made a few scarves with it and I love it. Seems that ACM and Michael's are no longer carrying it though...glad I bought quite a "few" skeins when it was on clearance! It's nowhere nice and pretty as that yarn you got though!

Kuddles- Love backing cookies at Christmas time--it's about the only time that I really do enjoy it. used to make lots of cookies with the girls when they were growing up!

Tonya- Wow 36 hours!!! I've gotten a few Coach bags at the Coach outlet- can really score a good deal when they're on clearance plus additional % off! Enjoy!!!

Had a wonderful afternoon- and a very nice walk with the little one! Didn't get much crocheting done though!!! Guess I'll work on the blanket for a bit before calling it a night!

RIP Felix the cat.. He was my husbands kitty and was well loved. He wasn't moving very fast anymore..couldn't jump up on the bed.. a friend found him in the road.

I'm so sorry Mary!! :hug :hug :hug

:turtle:vheart

Good Morning Everyone! I've been up since 5am and doing a wee bit of cyber shopping. Mostly window shopping, not too much catching my attention, but I did find a couple things for the kiddos! I guess I'm just not really into it that much any more. Probably if you get me in a store there would be trouble! :lol They just have so many toys, I can't see getting them more that they will only play with once or twice and toss aside. I'm getting old and scroogy! :( I'd rather hand made items and getting together any time. :) Ok, moving on! :lol Have a wonderful day and let's hope this week goes smoothly and I'd say quickly but I don't want it to go too quickly, I've got too many things to make! :lol I hope it goes quickly work wise, how's that! :D:hug

Mary, I'm so sorry about Felix. He looks like a beautiful cat. I know what a terrible loss it is when one of our furbabies crosses over. :hug:hug:hug

Joanne, yesterday was beautiful out! Glad you got your walk in with Ryan! Did you get to work on the blanket at all last night?

Mama K, any cookies left? You got me wanting to make some now! :lol

Sue, turtles or birds?

Tonya, still sleeping? :lol

Hope everyone that was feeling poorly is now feeling better! :hug

RIP Felix the cat.. He was my husbands kitty and was well loved. He wasn't moving very fast anymore..couldn't jump up on the bed.. a friend found him in the road.

I'm so sorry for your loss Mary. RIP Felix. :hug

Aww mary I am so sorry to hear this. RIP felix

Good Morning Everyone! I've been up since 5am and doing a wee bit of cyber shopping. Mostly window shopping, not too much catching my attention, but I did find a couple things for the kiddos! I guess I'm just not really into it that much any more. Probably if you get me in a store there would be trouble! :lol They just have so many toys, I can't see getting them more that they will only play with once or twice and toss aside. I'm getting old and scroogy! :( I'd rather hand made items and getting together any time. :) Ok, moving on! :lol Have a wonderful day and let's hope this week goes smoothly and I'd say quickly but I don't want it to go too quickly, I've got too many things to make! :lol I hope it goes quickly work wise, how's that! :D:hug

Tonya, still sleeping? :lol

Hope everyone that was feeling poorly is now feeling better! :hug

Ann I feel the same way, I hand make what I can and then I buy more practical things I really am not into buying toys. unless it is the old fashion use your imagination type not the ones that do everything for them so they sit and watch it. and nope i did crash though went to bed at 7ish and slept till 630 when the alarm went off. I guess it all caught up to me not i feel back to normal.

Hope every one has a great day. Im off to do homework and get a few things done

Sue, turtles or birds?

Biology and homework. Only working turtles Tues and Thurs this week. Friday we (me and boss) leave for Marathon (FL Keys) for the sea turtle workshop. Won't be home until Sunday, but will have my iPad. :)

Mary - so sorry for your loss.

Sue - enjoy your week! I don't know how you keep up with your schedule--I'd be lost all the time LOL

Ann - beautiful yarn. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Joanne - glad you got some good time with Ryan.

Mama K - glad you had a good weekend! Cookies, yum yum.

Been busy today, especially since I was off for Thanksgiving. Went to the dr today for a treatment, back is feeling a lot better. Now to get rid of the allergy crud. Coughing a lot, so once I get through that I'll feel a lot better.

Got the cowl done, I just need to sew it up. Will have to look and see if I just do the ends. Some are twisted and not sure if that's how I want to do it.

Hugs to all!

RIP felix

hugs to all

hope everybody has had a wonderful thanlsgiving weekend. sorry for my lengthy absebce but FIL has become ill again...he had a hernua fixed here while back. he has another one on the other side...hopefully the SIL will het him into the dr soon. GAH dad has gone somewhat downhill since arriving home from the nursing home.in a manner of speaking the SIL has taken over his life.a..he has no control of his own money or cell phone anymore. hes not allowed to make a decision (for example, dad we need to borrow the van for a few days? he will say well youll have to check with SIL)

anyway on a happier note i had a fabulous weekend!

wednesday went shopping at walmart

thursday we went to reids harvest house (we meaning DH me and BIL) then went across the brodge to perryville walmart. reids harvest house is a smorgasborg type restaurant.

friday we went to shawnee amish store to do some food shopping. they have an awesome selection and are the friendliest bunch around. that evening we went to pioneer cabin...,y cousins restaurant where they serve an all you can eat family style dinner of chicken n dumplings flowerpot bread fried chicken corn green beans spinach salad and of course dessert and drink

saturday we went to kroger, a mall, best buy petco walmart and ate at chilis

sunday we rested

today DH is BACK TO DAY SHIFT!!!

WOOT WOOT WOOT

Finished this last night. Being raffled off at work to benefit my former boss and friend who had the double lung transplant. :)

post-28075-135897714416_thumb.jpg

Sue - enjoy your week! I don't know how you keep up with your schedule--I'd be lost all the time LOL

Don't let me fool you, I am lost all the time. I miss our e-mail chats though. How's the family?? Your back?? :hug

just saw this on facebook, and had to come here for the details.:devil May I ask what yarn this is and which pattern was used?? Love the center, I don't think I have seen this one before (and I have looked at lots of round ripples, since it's one of my favs to stitch. Thank for sharing the pics!

Ann I feel the same way, I hand make what I can and then I buy more practical things I really am not into buying toys. unless it is the old fashion use your imagination type not the ones that do everything for them so they sit and watch it. and nope i did crash though went to bed at 7ish and slept till 630 when the alarm went off. I guess it all caught up to me not i feel back to normal.

Hope every one has a great day. Im off to do homework and get a few things done

Thanks, and glad you got some rest! Hope the homework goes smoothly.

Biology and homework. Only working turtles Tues and Thurs this week. Friday we (me and boss) leave for Marathon (FL Keys) for the sea turtle workshop. Won't be home until Sunday, but will have my iPad. :)

WooHoo! I forgot that you were going to the workshop! Hope the week flies by for you! :hug

Ann - beautiful yarn. Looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Been busy today, especially since I was off for Thanksgiving. Went to the dr today for a treatment, back is feeling a lot better. Now to get rid of the allergy crud. Coughing a lot, so once I get through that I'll feel a lot better.

Got the cowl done, I just need to sew it up. Will have to look and see if I just do the ends. Some are twisted and not sure if that's how I want to do it.

Hugs to all!

WTG on finishing the cowl!!! Glad your back is feeling better too. Now you just need to get rid of that cough!:hug

RIP felix

hugs to all

hope everybody has had a wonderful thanlsgiving weekend. sorry for my lengthy absebce but FIL has become ill again...he had a hernua fixed here while back. he has another one on the other side...hopefully the SIL will het him into the dr soon. GAH dad has gone somewhat downhill since arriving home from the nursing home.in a manner of speaking the SIL has taken over his life.a..he has no control of his own money or cell phone anymore. hes not allowed to make a decision (for example, dad we need to borrow the van for a few days? he will say well youll have to check with SIL)

anyway on a happier note i had a fabulous weekend!

wednesday went shopping at walmart

thursday we went to reids harvest house (we meaning DH me and BIL) then went across the brodge to perryville walmart. reids harvest house is a smorgasborg type restaurant.

friday we went to shawnee amish store to do some food shopping. they have an awesome selection and are the friendliest bunch around. that evening we went to pioneer cabin...,y cousins restaurant where they serve an all you can eat family style dinner of chicken n dumplings flowerpot bread fried chicken corn green beans spinach salad and of course dessert and drink

saturday we went to kroger, a mall, best buy petco walmart and ate at chilis

sunday we rested

today DH is BACK TO DAY SHIFT!!!

WOOT WOOT WOOT

Sounds like you've had a good weekend!:clap

Finished this last night. Being raffled off at work to benefit my former boss and friend who had the double lung transplant. :)

[ATTACH]48205[/ATTACH]

Gorgeous RR!

just saw this on facebook, and had to come here for the details.:devil May I ask what yarn this is and which pattern was used?? Love the center, I don't think I have seen this one before (and I have looked at lots of round ripples, since it's one of my favs to stitch. Thank for sharing the pics!

Thanks Valerie and Ann! The pattern is Fox's Daisy Round Ripple 14 point and on Ravelry for $3.00. There's a link in the post in Show and Tell. The yarn is Caron One Pounders (cream, taupe and I think dark brown).

Archived