crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Sue - hope you do well on your tests.

Joanne - Sounds like a busy time for you.

Ann - didn't make it to get the battery, not because it's cold but too much work to do. The new computers are supposed to be done tomorrow, so I had to rush on my work to get some things done for a "wonderful" meeting tomorrow night--ugh. Sounds like you found a great place to shop!!

Tonya - hope you get your package. Go up the chain, even to the post master if you can't get any help.

Did a cowl tonight, but I don't like it. I did it in red/white/blue ombre and a dark blue. Maybe it would look better on someone that's taller than me. Not sure what I'll do with it. Was making it for GS teacher but I think I'll do something else for her.

Well, I'd better get to bed. DH will be getting up early to go to work.

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning!

Ann- Great deal on the GS PJ's!! I love getting good deals---

tonya- The yarn sounds wonderful--and I agree with Sherry-go up the "food chain" at the PO to see if they can tell you about where the heck your yarn is!!! How dare they lose yarn???

Kuddles- We're halfway to the weekend!!! Just sayin....

Sue- Good luck on the Chapter test--I just know you'll do great--and then the final--and then??? Are you done for the semester?

I decided to make what I thought would be a quick cowl using Wool Ease Thick and Quick- well, the directions say to 'try super hard not to twist your chain" So I did try super hard not to do that---and didn't--but somehow twisted it about 3 rounds in:think:think So frogged and had to re-do- and then got tired, so it's not finished. :( Oh, well, tonight I should get it done! And then really have to get back to that baby blanket!

Have a good one!

Iiiiitttts beginning to look a lot like Christmas....:ctreeit :snow last night, gone today but it was really pretty while on the ground. I just put my tree up, have almost all my shopping done and am working on a few presents. I am still dragging on my nieces blanket this thing is taking forever to make. then Im back to totes, I have bought some luscious yarn for some.

Oooooooo snow,, I am NOT ready! What luscious yarn did ya get?

Hi all,

Kuddles- Hope your day went welll and the meeting was not too torturous!!

The best part of the meeting was it was over around 2:30 and I got to go home instead of back to work! Got me home about 45 minutes early!

Thanks, you too!

Kuddles- We're halfway to the weekend!!! Just sayin....

And boy am I needing it! Badly!!!

Sue - hi honey, love ya!

Ann, hi honey! Hope you are doing well this morning! If not here is a :hug!

Mama Kuddles

Another cold, cold morning. It's 21 and the wind's blowing.

Hopefully I can get to Walmart today to get GS a new belt--he has to wear one to school and they can't find his. He gets demerits if he doesn't have all the uniform on. Didn't get to go yesterday, so I'll try today.

Well, hope you all have a great day!!

Hi Everyone! Happy Hump Day! We're having another wet, rainy day and were expecting snow tonight. Now they are saying it might just rain A LOT! We'll see! Have a great day!

I got some varg. pink,grey,cream wool/alpaca and the some crimson/gold/greenish 100% wool. i had bought some silk/bamboo and fabric from jimmybeans wool and the package has became lost so now i have to file a claim. i really hope it shows up because i really wanted this yarn :( and my PO has been no help so I am calling in the morning to the main number

Ooohhh, such beautiful yarn! I agree with everyone else, go up the food chain! How dare they lose yarn! Hope they can help you find it. :hug

Ann - didn't make it to get the battery, not because it's cold but too much work to do. The new computers are supposed to be done tomorrow, so I had to rush on my work to get some things done for a "wonderful" meeting tomorrow night--ugh. Sounds like you found a great place to shop!!

Did a cowl tonight, but I don't like it. I did it in red/white/blue ombre and a dark blue. Maybe it would look better on someone that's taller than me. Not sure what I'll do with it. Was making it for GS teacher but I think I'll do something else for her.

Well, I'd better get to bed. DH will be getting up early to go to work.

Hope things go good with the computers today! And the mtg too! UGH, good luck! :hug Sorry you don't like the cowl you made. I hate when I make something and it doesn't come out the way that I planned. DH starts his new job today doesn't he? Good luck to him!

Good morning!

Ann- Great deal on the GS PJ's!! I love getting good deals---

I decided to make what I thought would be a quick cowl using Wool Ease Thick and Quick- well, the directions say to 'try super hard not to twist your chain" So I did try super hard not to do that---and didn't--but somehow twisted it about 3 rounds in:think:think So frogged and had to re-do- and then got tired, so it's not finished. :( Oh, well, tonight I should get it done! And then really have to get back to that baby blanket!

Have a good one!

Good deals are the best! :D Good deals in yarn are the bestest! :lol I'm terrible when it comes to working on anything that calls for chaining then not twisting as you join! Never fails, I always twist! :yes It takes a few starts before I get it right! :lol Good luck tonight!

The best part of the meeting was it was over around 2:30 and I got to go home instead of back to work! Got me home about 45 minutes early!

Ann, hi honey! Hope you are doing well this morning! If not here is a :hug!

Mama Kuddles

Glad you got home early yesterday! Hope today goes well to. I appreciate the hug, I can use them today! :hug

Another cold, cold morning. It's 21 and the wind's blowing.

Hopefully I can get to Walmart today to get GS a new belt--he has to wear one to school and they can't find his. He gets demerits if he doesn't have all the uniform on. Didn't get to go yesterday, so I'll try today.

Well, hope you all have a great day!!

Wow, tough school!

Sue, good luck on your test! You're almost done! :yay

Ann- hope all is well and hope it is rain instead of snow, unless you are ready to flood then i hope its a small amount of snow. :hug

how is everyones day going?

So Good news...my package showed up today. I squealed and made my DH sit and watch me open, and then feel the yarn. he wasn't to impressed:angry but i am I love the feel of this yarn its a 50/50 silk bamboo yarn and then my fabrics...they are beautiful. it was a happy birthday to me present. i am so happy it showed up.:manyheart

Test went well. I think I did really good. We'll see. :)

So Good news...my package showed up today. I squealed and made my DH sit and watch me open, and then feel the yarn. he wasn't to impressed:angry but i am I love the feel of this yarn its a 50/50 silk bamboo yarn and then my fabrics...they are beautiful. it was a happy birthday to me present. i am so happy it showed up.:manyheart

Men just don't get it. :lol

BTW, it's your turn on Words. :D

:turtle:vheart

I haven't picked up a hook yet today. Having a really hard time getting motivated. Still feeling out of sorts. I might go attempt something small in a few minutes. It might get me going! :hook Hope you all have been having a good day! :hug

Ann- hope all is well and hope it is rain instead of snow, unless you are ready to flood then i hope its a small amount of snow. :hug

how is everyones day going?

So far it's staying rain and the temps are staying warm enough for it to stay that way. I'm happy about that, but our grounds are saturated. It won't be good if we get a lot of rain. I'm so happy that your package showed up!!!! You're right, men just don't get it! :lol Enjoy!

Test went well. I think I did really good. We'll see. :)

Men just don't get it. :lol

BTW, it's your turn on Words. :D

WTG on the test!!!

I haven't picked up a hook yet today. Having a really hard time getting motivated. Still feeling out of sorts. I might go attempt something small in a few minutes. It might get me going! :hook Hope you all have been having a good day!

Feel better Ann! :hug

HI all,

tonya- I'm so glad that your yarn arrived---and yes, agree with everyone MEN JUST DON"T GET IT!!!! Enjoy your pressie to yourself!!!!

Sue- I'm sure you did great on your test!!!!

Ann- Going to finish the cowl tonight- All I could think of was don't twist the chain, don't twist the chain.....so far now, no twist- so I'm good to go and finish in a bit

Kuddles- Nice when you can leave work early!!! I could use one or two or three or more of those days--I'm lucky when I get out on time!! Today I stayed about 1/2 hour longer--and finally just said to myself- ENOUGH!!!

Sherry- Hope things went well today!

Feel better Ann! :hug

thanks, I'm doing a little better right now. Heading to bed in a couple minutes.

HI all,

Ann- Going to finish the cowl tonight- All I could think of was don't twist the chain, don't twist the chain.....so far now, no twist- so I'm good to go and finish in a bit

:lol Hope you didn't get all twisted up! :lol I made another slouchy hat. I found some Bernat denimstyle in my stash. I like how it came out. I can't remember the actual name of the color,but it's an off white. It's nice and soft.

I'm heading to bed. See you all in the am! :hug

Good morning!

Ann- I finished the cowl and didn't get "all twisted up"!!! It's made from LB Thick and Quick-so it'll be nice and warm on the really cold days.

The rain looks like it stopped- but it sure did get colder out--Winter is right around the corner--Brrrrrr.......

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day!

Good morning all! I am 'sick'......sore throat starting yesterday, thought it was allergies but I think it is a cold! UGH! Oh well, first one in a while....

And today, have to drive the 45 minutes to the state office for a mandatory meeting. Double UGH!

Okay enough whining........I have a job, I have my Baby K....all is fine!

Oh and Illinois is SO proud of yet another Gov being sentenced to jail! Go Blogo!

Later all, have a good day!

Mama Kuddles

Good Morning! I'm feeling better today, just my usually nausea.:lol It poured most of the night, had a thunderstorm, then switched to snow. Guess we got about 1-2 inches. Just enough to coat everything and make it look pretty. The cold weather has moved in though. It isn't warm like it was yesterday! :( Wishing you all a wonderful day! :hug

Good morning!

Ann- I finished the cowl and didn't get "all twisted up"!!! It's made from LB Thick and Quick-so it'll be nice and warm on the really cold days.

The rain looks like it stopped- but it sure did get colder out--Winter is right around the corner--Brrrrrr.......

Hope you ALL have a wonderful day!

WTG on finishing the cowl and not getting twisted up! :clap Pics?

Good morning all! I am 'sick'......sore throat starting yesterday, thought it was allergies but I think it is a cold! UGH! Oh well, first one in a while....

And today, have to drive the 45 minutes to the state office for a mandatory meeting. Double UGH!

Okay enough whining........I have a job, I have my Baby K....all is fine!

Oh and Illinois is SO proud of yet another Gov being sentenced to jail! Go Blogo!

Later all, have a good day!

Mama Kuddles

Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Hi all,

Just got home a little while ago. I went to my middle DD's art reception. I was totally amazed at the artwork is on display at the art gallery at her university. There was alot of different works of art that I had never seen and didn't know she was doing. I am so proud of her! The university is going to do a "Student Spotlight" on her and film her next week. She will be finishing up her Master's in Art Education in 2012.

Kuddles- Lot's of folks getting sick where I work--I just tell them- STAY AWAY!! DH is also not feeling well and I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight! Hope you are feeling ok!

Ann- My oldest DD is coming down next weekend- and I'm hoping that the Snow stays away so she can make the trek! I missed having her here on Thanksgiving so we'll have an early Christmas celebration! Hope your nausea wasn't too bad today!

Hi All!

We're still having internet problems, so I called again (4th time now). After being on the phone talking wtih the computer for 20 minutes, I finally get a real person. She began all the same questions that the computer asked. I got frustrated and said we know what the problem is, we need the drop repaired--which should have tipped her off I knew something about phones. She wanted me to unhook the router and put the modem directly in the tower--that's when I lost it. I said that I was going to call a supervisor as DH is retired cable repairman from att and ask for repairs to be done. I guess that got her attention and she began to write up the work order. Supposed to be fixed tomorrow and they are to call me before they come. Hopefully DH will be home from work and he can deal with it. (once they run the computer test on the line, we can use if for about an hour and then lose it again).

Enough ranting--sorry. Tomorrow night is littlest GS Christmas program--it will be cute. I get to play for the congregation singing but I'm hoping I can sneak done and watch little man sing.

Ann - hope you're feeling better.

Sue - Glad the test went ok.

Joanne - hope DD gets to come!

Mama K - hope you feel better soon! Drink some green tea with lemon and honey. Glad Baby K is ok.

Tonya - YEA!! Glad the yarn came! Men don't get it.

Well, I went yarn shopping tonight--DH has to go with me so I can use the discount. Got lots of yarn (after we left, he said I figured you'd buy more!!). Got enough to make all the teachers and some friends each a scarf out of ILTY, got ILTC to make dishclothes, and enough to make a baby afghan for GS's school auction. So, I've begun to make the Christmas gifts. Almost halfway done with the first one. WOOT!!!

Well, I'd better get to bed. Long day tomorrow.

sorry about my extreme absence but the winterness and my depression have REALLY got me bummed.....

ibe been spending alot of time just letting my DH hold me...mosr rhe time i fall asleep in his arms

been talking alot tp my friend jw too....he brightens my day alot

have alot of project going at once, none of which are actually anywhere near completion......could i have crochet ADD?

would it be too much to ask for a hug?

It's 2:45am Rise & Shine! :D. OK, so some of you are probably just going to bed :lol. Ack, I haven't done this in a while, so I guess it's due! Although I did get up for a bit during the night last night, but was able to get back to sleep after a couple of hours, :sleep. I think today will be different, lol! At least it's Friday! DH will be sleeping after he gets home from work, so I might sneak in a nap later in the day. I made another slouchy hat last night. This one was with a different pattern. It worked up almost as quickly as the other one, and is very cute, but came out a bit snug around the headband area. That could be easily rectified next time. Oh, I spoke with my DIL, yesterday and Maddie is sick again. :( She brought her to the dr because she was afraid that she had croup, but luckily he said it looks like just a cold. She's teething on top of it all so the poor little thing is miserable, just not her regular happy self.

That's it for now! Have a great day everyone! Talk to you all later! :hug

Hi all,

Just got home a little while ago. I went to my middle DD's art reception. I was totally amazed at the artwork is on display at the art gallery at her university. There was alot of different works of art that I had never seen and didn't know she was doing. I am so proud of her! The university is going to do a "Student Spotlight" on her and film her next week. She will be finishing up her Master's in Art Education in 2012.

Kuddles- Lot's of folks getting sick where I work--I just tell them- STAY AWAY!! DH is also not feeling well and I'm sleeping in the guest room tonight! Hope you are feeling ok!

Ann- My oldest DD is coming down next weekend- and I'm hoping that the Snow stays away so she can make the trek! I missed having her here on Thanksgiving so we'll have an early Christmas celebration! Hope your nausea wasn't too bad today!

You have very good reason to be proud of your DD! That's awesome! Hope your DH feels better soon and you're smart to stay away from him!:lol I'll be praying that the snow stays away this week throughout so that your oldest can make the trip down! (I also don't want to see it! :lol) And thanks for thinking about me and the nausea, it was it's usual. Thank God for the zofran!

Hi All!

We're still having internet problems, so I called again (4th time now). After being on the phone talking wtih the computer for 20 minutes, I finally get a real person. She began all the same questions that the computer asked. I got frustrated and said we know what the problem is, we need the drop repaired--which should have tipped her off I knew something about phones. She wanted me to unhook the router and put the modem directly in the tower--that's when I lost it. I said that I was going to call a supervisor as DH is retired cable repairman from att and ask for repairs to be done. I guess that got her attention and she began to write up the work order. Supposed to be fixed tomorrow and they are to call me before they come. Hopefully DH will be home from work and he can deal with it. (once they run the computer test on the line, we can use if for about an hour and then lose it again).

Enough ranting--sorry. Tomorrow night is littlest GS Christmas program--it will be cute. I get to play for the congregation singing but I'm hoping I can sneak done and watch little man sing.

Ann - hope you're feeling better.

Well, I went yarn shopping tonight--DH has to go with me so I can use the discount. Got lots of yarn (after we left, he said I figured you'd buy more!!). Got enough to make all the teachers and some friends each a scarf out of ILTY, got ILTC to make dishclothes, and enough to make a baby afghan for GS's school auction. So, I've begun to make the Christmas gifts. Almost halfway done with the first one. WOOT!!!

Well, I'd better get to bed. Long day tomorrow.

Glad that the internet company finally "got it"! Hopefully it will be fixed today! Enjoy your GS's Christmas program! I bet it will be soooo cute! Hurray for yarn shopping! That must have been so much fun!:yay

sorry about my extreme absence but the winterness and my depression have REALLY got me bummed.....

ibe been spending alot of time just letting my DH hold me...mosr rhe time i fall asleep in his arms

been talking alot tp my friend jw too....he brightens my day alot

have alot of project going at once, none of which are actually anywhere near completion......could i have crochet ADD?

would it be too much to ask for a hug?

You can have all the hugs you need sweetie! :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

thanks ann

i say it now and half an hour from now ill crash but i have insomnia....dang its been ages! im excited about my little get together next thursday....im really looking forward to it!

Happy Friday!!!

Ducky- You ask and you shall receive---:hug:hug:hug

Sherry- Hopefully the internet will be fixed once and for all today!!! enjoy the GS program and have fun with all your new wonderful yarn!!!!

Ann- I really, really want to try that slouchy hat this weekend. I have 2 more rows on the baby blanket and then border- I'm hoping to finish that tonight!!!

Kuddles- Hope you are feeling ok!!! TGIF!!!

Off to get the coffee, and start the day- it'll be a busy one - but then 2 days off!! WOOT!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joanne/Sherry: thanks! I actually ended up feeling a bit better yesterday afternoon, throat not so sore.....still got something but not bad! And it is Friday. AND my boss will be out ALL day! WOOT!!!

Ducky: hugs to you dear! Hope you feel better soon!

Ann - hi hon! Good grief you will be tired today! Hope you can nap!

Well Chicago got their first snow last nite! Just a dusting and it is slick out there but Baby K was sooooo excited when she looked out! So fun to see life through a child's eyes!

Everyone have a great day!

Love from Mama K

Afternoon Everyone! I tried to get a little nap and well, I did, but it was very little. The delivery guy showed up with my nutrition stuff shortly after I fell asleep then I couldn't go back to sleep. Ahh, well. Maybe I'll sleep good tonight! LOL!

Joanne, hope you get that blanket done so you can try out the hat! :D

Mama K, glad to hear that you're feeling some better! Hope it continues! Glad Baby K enjoyed the snow too! It is wonderful to see it through the eyes of a child.

Ducky, sending you more hugs! :hug:hug:hug

See ya later!

Hope you ALL had a good day!!! It's officially the weekend!!!

I hurt my R hand at work--and yes, it's my hooking hand! I caught the top of my hand on the handle, it tore some skin and don't even ask me how, cause I don't know:think It's all bruised and is a lovely shade of deep purple (at least it matched the sweater I had on today):lol

Archived