crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Good Morning! Welcome to the weekend! It's a bright sunshiny day here. Freezing though! Brrrr! Good day for :crocheting and visiting with grandbabies!!! :yay Jill and Maddie should be here sometime mid-afternoon. I can hardly wait! The hooks may have to wait til tonight so I can hide my yarn before they get here. I have the stuff for Christmas scattered everywhere! :eek I know, get my butt off the computer and get it done! :lol Have a fab day everyone and I'll see you later! :hug

Hi all!! It's the weekend!!!

Our bake/craft sale at work was a great success!!! We raised a good amount of $ and all the baked goods sold out!! WOOT! Only a few craft items left!!

Ann- WOOT for a vist from your DS, SIL and the girls!!!! Love, love, love the butterfly!!!!

Kuddes- My boss is on vacation all next week---but I'll still be busy training! One good thing about next week? Only have to work 3 days!!! WOOT! Glad you and baby K are feeling better

Wow, so good that the craft/bake sale was a success! WOOT!!! Woot for boss being on vaca next week too! woohoo!

yes, very slow-going :) but :) im really happy with how its turning out so far. Im thinking its gonna have to be about 5 feet from the center to the bottom edge, which means 10 feet across, plus the edging....... I must be outta my mind LOL

It will be soooo beautiful though!

I can only imagine what the outter circumference will be

Just don't think about it! :lol

Good morning!

Thanks Joanne about our 'illness'. We are good I think! Next week, 2.5 days since Baby K gets out early on Wed! Woot!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Woot for a short week next week and for you two feeling better!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi all, sorry it's been so long, been busy. Hope everyone is doing well. I finally finished the SBT. I decided to go with Peaches-N-Cream in Good Earth color and a G hook. It came out real nice. The pattern is easy to do and I will definitely be making more of these! :hook

I'm gonna try and add a picture, I haven't done this in a long time lol.:lol

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

Good Morning! Welcome to the weekend!

Woot for a short week next week and for you two feeling better!

Thanks Anne! Well we are off in a few to go to Target......hoping for an outside walk today IF it gets up to 55 like they say. Then tonite I get some adult time....meeting up with 3 old friends, haven't seen one in over two years! How fun.....she just survived cancer so can't wait to hug her!

Take care all!

Mama K

Good morning!

Can you believe that it's almost 11AM??? I did ALL my cleaning this morning before even logging on to the puter! :clap

Kuddles- Have fun with your friends- and an extra hug to your friend who survived cancer!!!:hug

Ann- Enjoy your day with your granddaughters! I know you will be on cloud 9!!:c9

Dianna--Love the SBT!!! Great job!!!!:yes

Off to run a few errands (and none of them involve yarn stores):lol

Have a wonderful day EVERYONE!!!!

Hi again! Had a wonderful time with the grandkids! It was soooo wonderful to see them and best part is that I get to see them again one week from today! :yay Jill was so funny, but she is definitely going thru her "2's"! :lol and Maddie was sweet as ever! It was great but I need a nap now! :lol

Hi all, sorry it's been so long, been busy. Hope everyone is doing well. I finally finished the SBT. I decided to go with Peaches-N-Cream in Good Earth color and a G hook. It came out real nice. The pattern is easy to do and I will definitely be making more of these! :hook

I'm gonna try and add a picture, I haven't done this in a long time lol.:lol

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0059.jpg

Looks great!!!

Thanks Anne! Well we are off in a few to go to Target......hoping for an outside walk today IF it gets up to 55 like they say. Then tonite I get some adult time....meeting up with 3 old friends, haven't seen one in over two years! How fun.....she just survived cancer so can't wait to hug her!

Take care all!

Mama K

Have a wonderful time tonight and here's and extra hug for your friend that survived cancer :hug

Good morning!

Can you believe that it's almost 11AM??? I did ALL my cleaning this morning before even logging on to the puter! :clap

Off to run a few errands (and none of them involve yarn stores):lol

Have a wonderful day EVERYONE!!!!

Did you manage to stay away from the yarn stores? :lol I moved a bunch of my yarn out of the living room before the kids arrived and it's already put back so I'm ready to crochet tonight! :hook I'm so bad! :lol

I was very good today!! No yarn stores for me!! Rutgers won their game- and after the game I ran to JCP to use a 10$ off $10 purchase---so I got a shirt for $1.00! Woot!

Glad you had such a fun time with your GD's, Ann!! I'm going to go visit Ryan for a little bit tomorrow!!!

Good evening all, have been busy today! Went grocery shopping and bought a lot. DH got a check from his old job and we used that to get groceries and a few other things. Got several skeins of RHSS (although I don't like it, it works good for the SBT and hats). Will be making several ugly but warm hats (have made 3). And something for GS's teacher.

Grandparents day was ok. The recitation was great although rather long. I didn't get to see GS room as the teacher had scented candles burning and I didn't want to get sick, so I stayed out in the van.

Bad weekend for OSU and OU. I'm surprised OSU played as well as they did since they got the news the women's basketball coach and assistant were killed in a plane crash the night before. Just horrible to go through this again. We lost 10 in a plane crash 10 years ago, so it brings back really bad memories. OU just couldn't get it together. Hopefully they will do better next week.

Joanne - did you manage to stay out of the yarn stores?

Ann - glad you had a good visit with the grandbabies.

Dianne - Great Job!

Mama K - hope you enjoyed your time with your friends.

Have a great rest of the weekend! Hugs to all!

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a terrific, wonderful time with my friends last nite! I'm on the moon, I'm so pleased! and Baby K couldn't stop hugging me this morning since she was in bed when I got home!

Today: putting up the tree (yes that is early this year) and getting the rest of the leaves in bags from the back yard. Hope to have some other fun today as well!

Have a GREAT day all!

Love from Mama K

Morning glories!!!

Sun is shining and it's going to be 60 degrees today!!!:clap What a wonderful day to take a walk!!!

Sherry- Yes, I did stay out of the yarn stores--but may not today- I have a 60% off coupon that is only good today at ACM. :devil That's really hard to resist!:lol

I'm heading over later to see my GS- but in the meantime, I'm going to work on a scarf for my oldest with the yarn she picked out when we went to the Button/Yarn store in Boston- It's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and oh, is it soft!!!:manyheart

Have a wonderful day!

I was very good today!! No yarn stores for me!! Rutgers won their game- and after the game I ran to JCP to use a 10$ off $10 purchase---so I got a shirt for $1.00! Woot!

Glad you had such a fun time with your GD's, Ann!! I'm going to go visit Ryan for a little bit tomorrow!!!

Sounds like you had a good day too! Great deal at JCP's! Have fun with Ryan!!!

Good evening all, have been busy today! Went grocery shopping and bought a lot. DH got a check from his old job and we used that to get groceries and a few other things. Got several skeins of RHSS (although I don't like it, it works good for the SBT and hats). Will be making several ugly but warm hats (have made 3). And something for GS's teacher.

Grandparents day was ok. The recitation was great although rather long. I didn't get to see GS room as the teacher had scented candles burning and I didn't want to get sick, so I stayed out in the van.

Bad weekend for OSU and OU. I'm surprised OSU played as well as they did since they got the news the women's basketball coach and assistant were killed in a plane crash the night before. Just horrible to go through this again. We lost 10 in a plane crash 10 years ago, so it brings back really bad memories. OU just couldn't get it together. Hopefully they will do better next week.

Have a great rest of the weekend! Hugs to all!

RHSS isn't my favorite either but I buy a lot of it because of the price and it does work up nice in totes and such. Once it's washed it softens up nicely. Too bad that teacher had candles burning. I'm surprised she was allowed to burn them in a school setting! That is so sad about the OSU coach and assistant. Hope you have a good weekend, what's left of it! :hug

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a terrific, wonderful time with my friends last nite! I'm on the moon, I'm so pleased! and Baby K couldn't stop hugging me this morning since she was in bed when I got home!

Today: putting up the tree (yes that is early this year) and getting the rest of the leaves in bags from the back yard. Hope to have some other fun today as well!

Have a GREAT day all!

Love from Mama K

Woot! So happy to hear that you had a good time last night! And you can't beat hugs from your little one! :) Have fun putting up your tree! I'm not ready for that yet! :lol

Morning glories!!!

Sun is shining and it's going to be 60 degrees today!!!:clap What a wonderful day to take a walk!!!

Sherry- Yes, I did stay out of the yarn stores--but may not today- I have a 60% off coupon that is only good today at ACM. :devil That's really hard to resist!:lol

I'm heading over later to see my GS- but in the meantime, I'm going to work on a scarf for my oldest with the yarn she picked out when we went to the Button/Yarn store in Boston- It's Debbie Bliss Cashmerino DK and oh, is it soft!!!:manyheart

Have a wonderful day!

Ok, what did you get at AC Moore? :devil How's the scarf coming along? That yarn sounds yummy! Have lots of fun with Ryan!!!

Ooops, got carried away and forgot to say "Good Morning!" of course it's already afternoon, lol! so "Good Afternoon" everyone! :lol I'm having a lazy day today. I slept in until 8 o'clock! :eek I guess those grandbabies wore me out! :lol I don't have anything planned today, just crocheting! :hook I started a hat last night for gd #2 which I hope to finish and start on one for gd #1. I need to get some scarves made too! Geez so much to do and so little time! I need a clone! :lol

Hope all that weren't feeling well are doing better. :hug Have a wonderful day all! :manyheart

Hi everyone, hope you all have a good weekend. My DDs are with their dad till about 4pm today. So me, my DS and my fiance are going to the mall to window shop for Christmas gifts for the kids.

I wont be buying any yarn since I just spent $60 on my Christmas gift to myself. I bought a complete Tattoo Gun kit. Comes with 2 machines and all the fixins and enough ink to practice with. Ill have to buy more ink when I go to start doing my own tattoos (yes, on myself). I cant open a shop or anything as Im not licensed, but my sister and Fiance are wanting some work done after I get comfortable using hte machines. Ill let you all know how that goes. Ill post pics of my practice work. ( Have to use practice skins, oranges, honey dew melons and the like.) :D

How cute! Woot!

I'm exhausted! We raked up and filled 10 leaf bags! YIKES! Going to relax, watch Rudolph DVD and crochet!

Love from Mama K

[ATTACH]47765[/ATTACH]

shoot me!

sorry guys........its been really rough here!!! My son's 'ex-to-be' has lost her ever lovin' mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has accused my son of horrible things.. and now has gone to accusing me of unbelievable things. My son lost his first fight of temporary custody of his girls. I CAN NOT BELIEVE IT EITHER! Oh the long story behind all this................ :sigh

Please forgive me ladies for being so scarce and so scatter-brained!

I am so disappointed in myself... I have let this woman get in my head and cause me to feel and think things that are NOT me! I'm also disappointed in myself for not seeing who she really was LONG AGO!

I'm just so sick.... I will never see my grandbabies again as long as she has them!

love you ladies... miss you bunches... and I am so very sorry for not being around and being so undependable.

:heart

:mug

I just wanted to send a virtual hug and support for what you and your family are going through! It is bad enough to have to deal with physical problems but when an ex deliberately tries to create conflict at every turn, it is hard to deal with.

I feel like we have a lot in common. I am also a Navy mom and my Navy Son, has an ex-wife who I feel like has lost her mind sometimes too! I don't know the details of what you are going through. From what I am reading there are differences -- but the main problem of an ex emotionally hurting the family is alike enough that I feel I can understand how heart-breaking it has to be! I pray that both of these women come to their senses and realize how much pain they are inflicting on the children, our sons, and yes, us too! But most of all, they need to look into the eyes of these precious children and realize they are causing so much damage they need to come to their senses NOW! Prayer, love and mutual support is about all we can do for now. Know you are not alone and many care about you! If you ever need a shoulder to lean on -- I am here! Take care of yourself, your son, and when you get the chance your precious grandchildren.

In the long run, you will see them again. Most states will give some grandparent visitation if you wind up having to use the courts. Of course it is always better if you can work it out reasonably with all parties. Sometimes that is just not possible.

Good evening all, we are off to look at Christmas lights!!! It's not even Thanksgiving and we've got our tree up (littlest GS has bugged us ALL week about the "tristmas tree", so we relented and put it up--amazing what we do for our grandkids LOL.

One of the local cities here has a light display (over 1 million lights) and we try to go every year. It's free and the lights are pretty. So, we'll be leaving shortly to go get in the Chrismtas spirit!!

Hi everyone, hope you all have a good weekend. My DDs are with their dad till about 4pm today. So me, my DS and my fiance are going to the mall to window shop for Christmas gifts for the kids.

I wont be buying any yarn since I just spent $60 on my Christmas gift to myself. I bought a complete Tattoo Gun kit. Comes with 2 machines and all the fixins and enough ink to practice with. Ill have to buy more ink when I go to start doing my own tattoos (yes, on myself). I cant open a shop or anything as Im not licensed, but my sister and Fiance are wanting some work done after I get comfortable using hte machines. Ill let you all know how that goes. Ill post pics of my practice work. ( Have to use practice skins, oranges, honey dew melons and the like.) :D

Good luck! You're very talented so I'm sure you'll do fine! Me, I'm a chicken and thought of those needles gives me the chills! :lol

Very cute!

How cute! Woot!

I'm exhausted! We raked up and filled 10 leaf bags! YIKES! Going to relax, watch Rudolph DVD and crochet!

Love from Mama K

That's a lot of leaves! :lol I love Rudolph! Enjoy!!!

Good evening all, we are off to look at Christmas lights!!! It's not even Thanksgiving and we've got our tree up (littlest GS has bugged us ALL week about the "tristmas tree", so we relented and put it up--amazing what we do for our grandkids LOL.

One of the local cities here has a light display (over 1 million lights) and we try to go every year. It's free and the lights are pretty. So, we'll be leaving shortly to go get in the Chrismtas spirit!!

I love going around looking at Christmas lights. I haven't heard of a place like that around here though! whew!

Hi all,

Half time of the Giants game! Tie game!

Had a great visit with the little guy today- he's really such a happy little boy! Spent about 4 hours with him:manyheart

I did go to ACM--you knew I would:lol:lol I picked up a skein of Bernat Mosaic yarn in Mosaic colorway-I'm collecting them to make a "neat ripple" by Attic24. Someone on Rav had made one using the mosaic yarn and I like how it turned out- and best part- no color changes! The yarn does it all!!!

I made a few more hats today. And worked on DD's scarf.

Kuddles- I'm so happy that our leaves fell off a while ago and that they more or less disintegrate on their own. When my DD's were growing up we had oak trees and birch trees and boy do I remember all the raking we had to do. :eek Hope you enjoyed the DVD with your DD!

Sherry- Hope you enjoyed seeing the Christmas lights. Alot of people were putting them up this weekend, probably because the weather was so warm. DH doesn't put lights up - he's kind of a scrooge IMO--He doesn't care if the house is decorated or not. I like to decorate, but I've substantially cut down the amount of decorations I put up and gave my DD lots of them when she bought her house a few years ago. I'll probably put up our decorations next weekend.

Second half is underway, so off I go. I just saw that the Eagles scored a TD :(

Hi all, we saw all the pretty lights. Was only 3 cars in front of us, but after Thanksgiving it will pick up. It's in a park and they start decorating early October to have it all ready. All done by volunteers. It's so beautiful. We have several towns that do that in their parks. So very pretty.

Joanne - made a few more hats this weekend. Will try to make the next one for an adult. Unless my N hook is smaller (it's a Jimbo), I'm not sure why mine are so much smaller. The last one I made will fit my 3 year old GS - LOL. Find any yarn today??

Ann - hope you had a good day today.

Mama K - sorry you had to rack leaves but I hope you enjoyed Rudolph! I love Christmas movies (I have a bunch recorded, not sure when I'll get to see them but they are there when I'm ready to watch).

ImmaFreek - cute items!

Sue - hope your weekend was good.

Tam - hugs to you. I know how terrible divorce is. Will be praying for all of you.

Update on my niece, she had her gallbladder out on Wed and is now home from the hospital. She's doing much better so hopefully she will stay well so she can have the bone marrow transplant after Christmas.

Hugs to all!

Good morning!

Sherry- Glad to hear that you enjoyed the light display! I'm not sure why the hats are turning out smaller for you than for me. I do crochet loosely, and I've been using an L or M hook with 2 strands of WW and even made one using bulky wt yarn with an L and it fits me. Are you increasing to get 36 st around?

Hope you all have a good day- it's a rainy Monday here-fitting for the return to work!

Joanne/Ann/Sherry - thanks, the DVD was fun! We finished putting up the tree during it! That tree is covered with ornaments made over the years by Baby K! Homemade pizza for dinner......all was well!

Sherry - prayers for your niece!

Well off to work this morning but only work 2.5 days since Baby K gets off at 11:30 on Wed so had to take time off. Tired today but when aren't I - as an 'old' mom!

Have a good day all!

Mama Kuddles

It's Monday so that means I have lecture this morning and the rest of the day off. :) Tomorrow it's back to work. I'm playing hooky again on Wed since I won't have lab. That will give me 2 days off in a row!!! :eek

I hope everyone has a great day! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Good Morning! It's a lovely sunshiny day again and I hear it's supposed to be fairly warm today too! Gonna enjoy it while we can since they're talking snow for Thanksgiving! Yesterday continued to be a slow and pokey day, but I got gd's hat finished. It took longer than I thought. The basic hat went quickly, but all the embellishments that go on it take time! Now I'm working on the matching kitty bag for her. She loved her sister's! :hook

Joanne, 4 hrs with Ryan!!! WooHoo! :yay And I knew you'd go to ACM! :lol Can't wait to see your ripple! I don't believe I've ever seen Bernat Mosaic. I'm going to have to check it out! I did look up Amazing and it is Amazing! I need some of that! :lol

Sherry, glad that you got to see the lights! It sounds like this was a good time to go too, before all the crowds. Good news about your niece! Continued prayers for her! :hug

Mama K, you've got me in the mood to watch Christmas movies and decorate my house! DH isn't very happy! He says we can decorate the Christmas fiscus! What a scrooge! :lol

It's Monday so that means I have lecture this morning and the rest of the day off. :) Tomorrow it's back to work. I'm playing hooky again on Wed since I won't have lab. That will give me 2 days off in a row!!! :eek

I hope everyone has a great day! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Hurray! You're going to get some time off! Enjoy!!!! :hug

Archived