crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I wish I had your restraint!! I bought yarn and I got a book! :lol So I guess I wasn't too grown up today!:lol Enjoy Winnie the Pooh!!

Just finished watching the Rutgers game--and Woot!!! They WON:clap:clap I did get 2 hats and a keyhole scarf made today!

WOOT for your team and for at least one of us being productive! :lol I just haven't been able to pick up a hook today. Can't get my head thinking clear enough to work a pattern. I have been cleaning up (very little) in the office. DH is gonna do it, so I'd better get my stuff out of the way or it's going! :eek Yeah, I have crochet stuff in here,lol! It's everywhere! :lol

Ann- :lol Chuckling here and DH is looking at me funny--I said "you wouldn't get it"....about the CSS vs RHSS---Country blue---Well, I like blue and I like both of the country blues--so all is good!!! :lol Hope you do get some sleep tonight!

I will not look at any yarn emails or sales tomorrow. I will not look at any yarn emails or sales tomorrow---or next week---or next month!!!;)

Boy, I'm just making you chuckle a lot lately! :lol I hope I sleep tonight too! :) Uhh, sure you'll be looking at yarn emails and sales tomorrow. We all will! :D

Well Ann and Joanne......don't know how 'grown up' I was since then I watched a kids movie! LOL!

I guess showing restraint WAS a better way to say it! But girls, I have 10 tubs of yarn! Good grief! It's an illness!

Pizza = good. Movie = cute. Evening with 7 year old DD = priceless!

Love from Mama Kuddles

Mama, you don't want to know how many totes I have. Let's just say that it's more than 10! :lol Your evening sounds wonderful!:hug

Sorry, when I said "bird day" it was our bird festival (Wings on the Wind). Kinda like our turtle day, but with birds. I worked turtles as normal. :lol We released one juvenile green sea turtle today, so that was good. She hit the water and was GONE! It was also a co-workers birthday so we had cake and pizza. :)

Tomorrow is when I work the birds.

Lacey, you have my e-mail from the square CAL right? Send me the PDF. :)

:hug and :manyheart to my peeps! :lol

:turtle:vheart

So a good day? No injuries? :):clap

Hi everybody! Well, what started out as a bad case of bronchitis turned into a nasty pneumonia and I have been miserably sick now for 3 weeks. The good thing about being sick though is that I have spent my hours crocheting and working on Christmas gifts. I have also been to sick to go shopping myself so the only yarn I have bought is what I absolutely had to have for the project I was working on and I was able to send my dd with a very specific list to get that. :lol

I read through about the last ten pages just to catch up on what everyone is doing. I hope everyone had a great day today. :hug to all

Oh my goodness! Hope you are feeling better now! Take care of yourself! :hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi everybody! Well, what started out as a bad case of bronchitis turned into a nasty pneumonia and I have been miserably sick now for 3 weeks. The good thing about being sick though is that I have spent my hours crocheting and working on Christmas gifts. I have also been to sick to go shopping myself so the only yarn I have bought is what I absolutely had to have for the project I was working on and I was able to send my dd with a very specific list to get that. :lol

I read through about the last ten pages just to catch up on what everyone is doing. I hope everyone had a great day today. :hug to all

Oh Christie- so sorry to hear how sick you have been!!! Hope you are feeling better real soon!!! Like you said, the bright spot has been that you've at least been able to knock some gifts off your Christmas List!

WOOT for your team and for at least one of us being productive! :lol I just haven't been able to pick up a hook today. Can't get my head thinking clear enough to work a pattern. I have been cleaning up (very little) in the office. DH is gonna do it, so I'd better get my stuff out of the way or it's going! :eek Yeah, I have crochet stuff in here,lol! It's everywhere! :lol

Boy, I'm just making you chuckle a lot lately! :lol I hope I sleep tonight too! :) Uhh, sure you'll be looking at yarn emails and sales tomorrow. We all will! :D

:hug

I was watching the Devils game, and ended up falling asleep--they were losing 2-0 at that point! Woke up this morning to find out they won in OT:clap I've been up since 5--but I did fall asleep around 9:30 - so I got a great night's sleep for me!!!

Ann- I am going to resist the ads- I did see that AC Moore has a 30% off total price including sale items-:devil I will not be going though. I am going to act grown up and practice restraint, just like Mama K!!!!;)

To all of you- sending hugs and good wishes and positive thoughts to all....:hug

Christie - hope you're feeling better. I've had pneumonia and it's no fun. Rest and take care of yourself.

Mama K - sounds like you've been having a great weekend!

Sue - glad you got to release another turtle!

Didn't do much yesterday other than cut littlest GS hair, he's got a mohawk (His choice) so we did the sides. Couldn't do the mohawk as the clippers broke, so it's much longer than it should be. Will have to try to find another clipper set today so I can finish it.

Well, it's time to get start breakfast, I'm sure little one will say, "I want pan-takes", so I'd better get busy.

Have a great day all! Hugs to everyone!

Morning! Looks like a beautiful, chilly day! I plan on spending it :crocheting! I have to figure out which butterfly to make next! :think Plus I have to finish the Granny Stripe Boutique Bag. Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday! :hug

I was watching the Devils game, and ended up falling asleep--they were losing 2-0 at that point! Woke up this morning to find out they won in OT:clap I've been up since 5--but I did fall asleep around 9:30 - so I got a great night's sleep for me!!!

Ann- I am going to resist the ads- I did see that AC Moore has a 30% off total price including sale items-:devil I will not be going though. I am going to act grown up and practice restraint, just like Mama K!!!!;)

To all of you- sending hugs and good wishes and positive thoughts to all....:hug

Glad you got a good night's sleep! I only had one minor 45 min interruption during the night, so that's not too bad! Then I slept til 7! :) I saw the ad for AC Moore too and quickly clicked off of it! :eek I'm not going, but it's because DH won't take me! :lol

Didn't do much yesterday other than cut littlest GS hair, he's got a mohawk (His choice) so we did the sides. Couldn't do the mohawk as the clippers broke, so it's much longer than it should be. Will have to try to find another clipper set today so I can finish it.

Well, it's time to get start breakfast, I'm sure little one will say, "I want pan-takes", so I'd better get busy.

Have a great day all! Hugs to everyone!

Hope you can find some more clippers! Otherwise GS will just start a new trend! :lol Pan-takes sound yummy! I haven't made any for DH in a while, maybe I should today...

Good morning my dears!

Ann/Joanne - uh wow! I thought I was the winner with 10 tubs but sounds like you both have me 'beat'! Boy that AC Moore sale.....THAT I don't think I'd resist! Yes, yes I would.....uh.....nope!

Oh Christie you poor thing! Feel better!

Sue - hope your day at work goes well and quickly!

Hi Sherry! Yes so far so good......today will be an at home day. Gotta get some laundry and housekeeping done today dang it!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Mama Kuddles

Ran out to the grocery store- and picked up just a few things that we needed. Also treated myself to a gerber daisy plant which was only $3.99 to brighten up my kitchen table.

Now it's time for some crocheting--last load of laundry is in the dryer!!

Ran out to the grocery store- and picked up just a few things that we needed. Also treated myself to a gerber daisy plant which was only $3.99 to brighten up my kitchen table.

Now it's time for some crocheting--last load of laundry is in the dryer!!

How wonderful! One of my favorite plants!!! It's always nice to have a plant in the house to brighten it up! How's the crocheting going? I finished the boutique bag, except for the flower. Just need decide if I'm going to line it. I made two friendship squares too. Time to play a little Pogo, then back to the hooks! :hook

I made another Ugly but Warm hat and a matching cowl--used the Charisma yarn in Lakeside colorway.

I got pictures of things today (except for the last two things I made) and now I can't find my camera cord! I know it will turn up when I'm not frantically looking for it! I have a feeling that DH may have "borrowed" it. Didn't want to disturb his afternoon nap and now the Giants are on---and they are losing....

Back to the game- and maybe one more ugly but warm hat! Or Cowl....

Boys just left, so it's quiet now. Went to church and then did a couple of errands. Bought KFC and brought it home, was nice not to have to cook lunch. Little one took a good nap, oldest one played computer games and wii for most of the afternoon. Then we started the card games--he loves to play them.

Hope you all had a great day. I'm not looking forward to this week, it will be busy. We have the annual Thanksgiving Day lunch for the day care, that's always a lot more work. And it's getting closer to the end of the year, so I have a lot to do. The filing hasn't gotten done yet--hopefully I can get it done this week, it's driving me crazy that it's in 3 piles (but I know where everything is, so if I need it I can find it LOL).

Will try to get something crocheted, not sure what yet. I'm thinking about the Ugly but Warm hat, got to get the directions printed off.

Have a great evening! Hugs to all.

I made another Ugly but Warm hat and a matching cowl--used the Charisma yarn in Lakeside colorway.

I got pictures of things today (except for the last two things I made) and now I can't find my camera cord! I know it will turn up when I'm not frantically looking for it! I have a feeling that DH may have "borrowed" it. Didn't want to disturb his afternoon nap and now the Giants are on---and they are losing....

Back to the game- and maybe one more ugly but warm hat! Or Cowl....

Hope you find your camera cord! I know how those things go, lol! I haven't made it back to the other room yet. Doesn't look promising for tonight. I guess my hooks will wait til tomorrow...

Boys just left, so it's quiet now. Went to church and then did a couple of errands. Bought KFC and brought it home, was nice not to have to cook lunch. Little one took a good nap, oldest one played computer games and wii for most of the afternoon. Then we started the card games--he loves to play them.

Hope you all had a great day. I'm not looking forward to this week, it will be busy. We have the annual Thanksgiving Day lunch for the day care, that's always a lot more work. And it's getting closer to the end of the year, so I have a lot to do. The filing hasn't gotten done yet--hopefully I can get it done this week, it's driving me crazy that it's in 3 piles (but I know where everything is, so if I need it I can find it LOL).

Will try to get something crocheted, not sure what yet. I'm thinking about the Ugly but Warm hat, got to get the directions printed off.

Have a great evening! Hugs to all.

Sounds like you had a good day with the boys. I talked with boys of my sons today but didn't get a chance to talk with any of the grands. I can't wait til I see them all in a couple of weeks! :yay

I was flexed down last night so I didnt have to work:cheer but now I cant sleep :( so I am up and working on my swap pkg. and then starting my nieces blanket. as soon as the boys get up take them to school, grocery shop, homework, and then make my fall wreath that has been sitting here since the beginning of Oct.

Good morning!

I decided to start a hat from the Chicks w/Sticks Crochet book to match one of the Shelly scarves I made. It's almost done, but I found myself frogging a bit since I was tired. I'll finish it tonight at craft club!

Tonya- Do you have to work tonight? Sounds like you have another busy day---and at this point- why not hold off a week or so (till after Thanksgiving) and hang up a "winter wreath"? What blanket are you going to make for your niece? I really have to start the blanket for my co-worker. Can't decide which one to make.

Ann- Maybe today you'll make it to the craft room! the yarn and hooks aren't going anywhere- and will be there when you decide to venture in there!;)

Sherry- I totally get what you are saying about the piles! While I was re-vamping our dept orientation manual I had piles on my desk- It looked a mess, but I knew exactly what was in each pile! Hope you get to the filing today!

Sue- Enjoy your Monday off (work that is) ---hope Bird Day yesterday went without incident;)

Kuddles- Happy Monday! (Yea, right):lol You'll be pleased to know that as tempted as I was, I restrained myself and did not go to ACMoore yesterday with that awesome coupon. The sale is on today too- but I won't have time to go since I work late and then go straight to craft club!:D

Jana- Thinking about you and saying prayers for Keri!

:eek Just looked at the clock----time to get this day underway--which means time to pour another cup of coffee and get ready!

Good Morning Ladies. lots of stuff to do today, I am working on a knit scarf and hat set that I need to get moving on, knitting group meets tonight (it is a knitting group but I also crochet there too, just trying to get some commissioned hat and scarf sets done in time for xmas.)

Gotta go do my walk, and run errands, surprisingly the car payment doesn't pay itself, lol. and get to the grocery store and fix dinner before knitting group tonight.

In addition to the hat and scarf set, I am working on the lining for the granny go round tote. And planning a few afghans for x-mas gifts. My procrastination strikes again, don't know why I have to do things the hard way.

have a good day, will check back in later!!

Good morning!

Kuddles- Happy Monday! (Yea, right):lol You'll be pleased to know that as tempted as I was, I restrained myself and did not go to ACMoore yesterday with that awesome coupon. The sale is on today too- but I won't have time to go since I work late and then go straight to craft club!:D

:eek Just looked at the clock----time to get this day underway--which means time to pour another cup of coffee and get ready!

I am SO proud of you! Woot!!!

Have a good day all....on my way to the state office this morning then back to my regular office. *Should* be an uneventful day!

Mama Kuddles

Morning All! Days plans: do some more cleaning in the office, pay some bills, and CROCHET! We'll see how it goes. Best of intentions and all that! :lol You won't believe it ladies! DH asked me if I wanted to go to JoAnn's this week! :faintIt took everything I had Mama, but I told him I would love to go there, but that I thought we shouldn't go at this time. I didn't NEED the yarn and we could use the money for "other" things! OMG what did I do! :lol This would have been my first trip to a JoAnn's...sometimes it's painful to grow up, lol. Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :hug

I was flexed down last night so I didnt have to work:cheer but now I cant sleep :( so I am up and working on my swap pkg. and then starting my nieces blanket. as soon as the boys get up take them to school, grocery shop, homework, and then make my fall wreath that has been sitting here since the beginning of Oct.

Sounds like a busy night/day! Hope you fit some sleep in there if you have to work tonight! :hug

Good morning!

I decided to start a hat from the Chicks w/Sticks Crochet book to match one of the Shelly scarves I made. It's almost done, but I found myself frogging a bit since I was tired. I'll finish it tonight at craft club!

Ann- Maybe today you'll make it to the craft room! the yarn and hooks aren't going anywhere- and will be there when you decide to venture in there!;)

Have a great time at craft club! I'm sure you'll finish your hat. Keep you fingers crossed for me that I make it to my hooks today! :lol

Good Morning Ladies. lots of stuff to do today, I am working on a knit scarf and hat set that I need to get moving on, knitting group meets tonight (it is a knitting group but I also crochet there too, just trying to get some commissioned hat and scarf sets done in time for xmas.)

Gotta go do my walk, and run errands, surprisingly the car payment doesn't pay itself, lol. and get to the grocery store and fix dinner before knitting group tonight.

In addition to the hat and scarf set, I am working on the lining for the granny go round tote. And planning a few afghans for x-mas gifts. My procrastination strikes again, don't know why I have to do things the hard way.

have a good day, will check back in later!!

Glad to know I'm not the only one that procrastinates! :lol The year just isn't long enough is it! We always manage to get the stuff done though! :D (well sometimes with a change in plans, lol) Good luck! Enjoy your knitting group tonight too. You and Joanne are lucky to have groups to go to!

I am SO proud of you! Woot!!!

Have a good day all....on my way to the state office this morning then back to my regular office. *Should* be an uneventful day!

Mama Kuddles

Hope your day is wonderfully "uneventful" Mama! :hug

Morning All! Days plans: do some more cleaning in the office, pay some bills, and CROCHET! We'll see how it goes. Best of intentions and all that! :lol You won't believe it ladies! DH asked me if I wanted to go to JoAnn's this week! :faintIt took everything I had Mama, but I told him I would love to go there, but that I thought we shouldn't go at this time. I didn't NEED the yarn and we could use the money for "other" things! OMG what did I do! :lol This would have been my first trip to a JoAnn's...sometimes it's painful to grow up, lol. Have a wonderful Monday everyone! :hug

We are all proud of you for being such a "big girl" :rofl You are my role model thjs week for self control! :hug

Good morning!

Tonya- Do you have to work tonight? Sounds like you have another busy day---and at this point- why not hold off a week or so (till after Thanksgiving) and hang up a "winter wreath"? What blanket are you going to make for your niece? I really have to start the blanket for my co-worker. Can't decide which one to make.

Sue- Enjoy your Monday off (work that is) ---hope Bird Day yesterday went without incident;)

Nope no work tonight either, im off till wed. and I dont put out anything winter/christmas until at the earliest DEC. 1.

I am going to do a RR I really dislike doing a rectangle or anything just going back and forth. I get bored real easy.

Seconding the have a good day off sue, from work hope class is good today.

I wish I had an ACmoore by me. no clue where one even is.

Have a good day ANN, Kuddles and everyone else :D

Hi all,

Quick pop-in-

Craft club was fun and I got a knitting lesson from one of the gals! I learned how to knit (not purl though) Now to find time among making baby blanket, hats, scarves, mitts, to practice knitting!

My friend texted me that she sent me an ACMoore coupon--I'm telling you- it's so hard to resist....but because I spent so much$ and earned points, I received a $10.00 gift certificate in the mail today!!! $10.00 of free yarn---now THAT I can't resist:lol:lol

Good Morning! Wakey, wakey! Still no butterfly, but I started on an ami for my grandson last night, so my hooks were moving! :hook Hope you have a fantastic day! :hug

We are all proud of you for being such a "big girl" :rofl You are my role model thjs week for self control! :hug

:)

Nope no work tonight either, im off till wed. and I dont put out anything winter/christmas until at the earliest DEC. 1.

I am going to do a RR I really dislike doing a rectangle or anything just going back and forth. I get bored real easy.

Seconding the have a good day off sue, from work hope class is good today.

I wish I had an ACmoore by me. no clue where one even is.

Have a good day ANN, Kuddles and everyone else :D

Enjoy your days off! I love making RR's too, DH doesn't like them. (I made one for the bed a few years ago) He wants me to make a square/rectangular one for the bed. Don't know that it's going to happen any time soon! :lol

Hi all,

Quick pop-in-

Craft club was fun and I got a knitting lesson from one of the gals! I learned how to knit (not purl though) Now to find time among making baby blanket, hats, scarves, mitts, to practice knitting!

My friend texted me that she sent me an ACMoore coupon--I'm telling you- it's so hard to resist....but because I spent so much$ and earned points, I received a $10.00 gift certificate in the mail today!!! $10.00 of free yarn---now THAT I can't resist:lol:lol

Awesome! Another craft to play with! :lol AND FREE YARN!!!!!!!!! :yay You have to go now! :D They get ya every time! :lol

:lol You won't believe it ladies! DH asked me if I wanted to go to JoAnn's this week! :faintIt took everything I had Mama, but I told him I would love to go there, but that I thought we shouldn't go at this time. I didn't NEED the yarn and we could use the money for "other" things! OMG what did I do! :lol This would have been my first trip to a JoAnn's...sometimes it's painful to grow up, lol.

:woo

Woot Wootie Woot Wootington! Good for you Ann! We can do it girl!!!!!!!!!

But if you end up going and buying yarn, do NOT beat yourself up! You are only human!

:manyheart Mama Kuddles

Woot! No reason to resist FREE!!!!!!!! :cheer

Mama Kuddles

Mama K - WOOT enjoy your day!!!!

Joanne - Wow - FREE yarn!!! Enjoy picking it out!

Ann - glad you're crocheting! Be sure to post a picture of your butterfly, would love to see it.

Tried to work on the ugly but warm hat last night and my yarn kept tangling, so I gave up. Will get a different skein and see if it's better. Busy day today, it's payday week so I need to get started on that. Still haven't done that filing :( maybe this week.

Have a great day all!!

did a google search, closest ACMoore is in PA so I doubt I will be going there any time soon.

I was up again most of the night, as soon as I feel asleep my DH decided to come to bed and geez could anyone make any more noise? nope dont think so. so I was back up and then:tired:sick my dinner decided to not agree with me. ugh SO I had to call in for the class for work today. thankfully the RN teaching it was really nice and said I can take it in 2 weeks instead. so I plan on spending the day in bed with some vernors and saltines...and maybe in a bit my crocheting.

Morning ladies,

I didn't get to the lining in my granny go round yesterday, and think it is unlikely today (perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I don't like to sew :think maybe just a little). I went to my knitting circle last night, they started a sock class the week before I joined (halloween) so I have been working on other things, the first week I was working on the starburst round ripple, but that is on hold till I can find more yarn. I am currently knitting 3 hat and scarf sets (commissioned) for x-mas, trying to get those done by thanksgiving. so not much crochet time:(:( but at least I am still working with fiber, and learning a few things in the process, I finished a doily style dishcloth on dpns, my second successful project (it's not perfect, way to easy to drop stitches, definately gonna have to find some wood dpn, metal not working for me!!

Anyway enough rambling, lol. Here's a pic of the doily dishcloth, it has some errors but I am still happy to have completed it using those *@! dpns :devil

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=IMG_0134.jpg

Archived