crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hi Everyone! Overcast day but it's supposed to be in the 60's and they're saying it might reach 70! :eek Guess we should just enjoy it and not question it! :lol DH wants me to go outside for a little "walk" with him later today. Hoping I perk up enough to do it! Gotta get these Christmas presents done too or there won't be anything under the tree for the grands from grammy and pappy! Why oh why did I decide to make amis! :think:lol

Had fun at craft club and just about finished a scarf....

Ann- Did you go back to sleep this morning? Did anything strike your fancy to pick up a hook today?

Night all!

I started on another butterfly, different pattern! :lol

Ok, I'm ready to move!!! Tornadoes this afternoon (they were not close to us but still in the state) AND another earthquake, this one was 4.7!!! This time DH was awake and experienced it.

Will have to do the pics later.

OMG, you sure are having more than your share of crazy weather! Stay safe! :hug

Ok, I'm some what calmer now (Not really but I'm trying to convince myself that I am LOL). Here's the pictures of the RR. Can't get the tote to save, so I'll have to redo it. The RR is laying on a full size bed.

Now I've got to try to calm down so I can get to sleep. We've got thunderstorms going on now, so that's got me on edge.

Hope you all have a good evening! Hugs to all

Beautiful RR! Hope you got some rest. :hug

Morning all,

Another day in paradise on tap and then hair cut/color afterwards! I finished a quick hat last night --so quick and easy- it's Dot Matthew's Ugly but Warm Hat. Took me about 45 minutes. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013&highlight=ugly+warm+hat

I'm going to donate it for our craft/bake sale at work and probably make a few more for another departments mitten/hat tree. These go to a local homeless shelter.

Off to get ready- have a great day!

I've been meaning to try that pattern!

Yo! Hello all!

Oh Sherry! Stay safe hon! LOVE that RR! I have yet to make one but I have an 'easy' free one to start on so hope to do that very soon!

Joanne - Hi! I plan to make a few of those hats for charity as well! Great minds.......

Rain/thunderstorms today and I have to drive to the state office this morning! Ugh! Oh well.......at least it isn't....SNOW!

Love from Mama Kuddles

Hope you have a great day! :hug

Don't believe I've posted this. Made this tote out of Mosaic (my fav!) in a colorway that looks like baby colors to me.

I felt like this tote looks like an easter egg! I love it, so soft......I plan to give it to a friend at work that is going thru a tough time. I call it the Wishes Bag. I hope she can store her wishes there and remember them when times get tough.

Have a great day!

Mama K

Very pretty tote!!! I love the name of it! I'm sure your friend will cherish it!

Now we have flash flooding due to all the rain last night. It never is dull with the weather here in Oklahoma!! The video footage of the tornadoes was awesome, maybe you'll get to see them on the national news. Guess I'll be calling our insurance agent to see if we can get a rider for earthquake insurance, will have to wait 30 days if we can as we just had an earthquake over 5.0.

Well, have a great day all. Hugs!!

:hug:hug:hug

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just popping in real quick on my way to do my morning walk and go vote. I finished the checkered granny go round tote and want to line it. But DD is telling me she thinks the material clashes with the tote bag, so I thought I would get your opinions. the fabric (multi-color jigsaw puzzle pieces) is in pic with the tote. Both the tote and the fabric are slightly darker than what is in the picture.

So what do you think clash or no???

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=IMG_0111.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?

action=view&current=IMG_0111.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs127.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp122%2Fmva5493%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0108.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=IMG_0089.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs127.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp122%2Fmva5493%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0089.jpg

even though this one is not the best pic, it is closer to the right color, the photo is darker than the yarn color and fabric slightly.

Mama, love the bag!!

Sherry, the "meeting" was fun. Boss had to leave early since a turtle was coming in. :(

Ann, I hope you got a little walk in. :hug

Valerie, I always love a fun lining so I say go for it!

:turtle:vheart

Don't believe I've posted this. Made this tote out of Mosaic (my fav!) in a colorway that looks like baby colors to me.

I felt like this tote looks like an easter egg! I love it, so soft......I plan to give it to a friend at work that is going thru a tough time. I call it the Wishes Bag. I hope she can store her wishes there and remember them when times get tough.

Have a great day!

Mama K

Very pretty bag! I love that yarn! I'm going to have to break down and order some Mosaic.

I finished a quick hat last night --so quick and easy- it's Dot Matthew's Ugly but Warm Hat. Took me about 45 minutes. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013&highlight=ugly+warm+hat

I've been thinking about making a hat to go with the scarf I just made my son. This was the perfect one. Made it this morning--fast and not ugly!

Mama K,

love your wishes bag. Sounds like the perfect name for it. With those colors it makes me think of my little ponies

Krafty,

Nice job on that round ripple. love the green.

Joann,

good looking hats. I was just looking through some patterns yesterday, love making hats..they are so quick. I have to try out this pattern looks like it would be quick.

Have a great day!

Mama K

What a great idea- a wishes bag to store her wishes!! I love that!!!:manyheart (and I love the tote too!!!):hug

Just popping in real quick on my way to do my morning walk and go vote. I finished the checkered granny go round tote and want to line it. But DD is telling me she thinks the material clashes with the tote bag, so I thought I would get your opinions. the fabric (multi-color jigsaw puzzle pieces) is in pic with the tote. Both the tote and the fabric are slightly darker than what is in the picture.

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=IMG_0111.jpg

action=view&current=IMG_0111.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs127.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp122%2Fmva5493%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0108.jpg

http://s127.photobucket.com/albums/p122/mva5493/?action=view&current=IMG_0089.jpg#!oZZ1QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs127.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fp122%2Fmva5493%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3DIMG_0089.jpg

even though this one is not the best pic, it is closer to the right color, the photo is darker than the yarn color and fabric slightly.

I don't think it clashes at all!! Actually I love those puzzle pieces and think that fabric would look fantastic as the lining of the tote!!! Great job on the tote too!!!!!:yes

I've been thinking about making a hat to go with the scarf I just made my son. This was the perfect one. Made it this morning--fast and not ugly!

Glad you liked the hat pattern! I love it! I had been meaning to make it for eons! Happy that I finally did. And I totally agree- not ugly at all!!!!

Hi all,

Cancelled my hair cut/color appointment. Work was super busy- and I just felt like coming home and crashing. I did stop to vote on my way home, though!

The grays aren't really showing too bad anyway- so decided to just come home and make some more hats! I'm thinking of adding a flower to the one I made last night and then making a couple of more hats.

Kuddles I love the Bernat Mosaic yarn! I've been buying it with a 50% off coupon and I'm thining of doing a ripple afghan with it. I saw one on Ravelry that was done in Mosaic yarn and it looked really cool...or I may make a RR with it!! No color changes!!! :yay I have 6 skeins so far of the Mosaic colorway and 3 of the Medusa colorway.

Ann- Did you go for the 'walk' with DH today? It was gorgeous here today too- around 70 degrees!!! Went outside at lunch time and I really, really didn't want to go back to work!

Sherry- Hope you haven't been having anymore aftershocks or tornadoes!!!

Hope you all have a good night!!!

Hi all,

We had another aftershock this afternoon but we didn't feel it. It was a 3.6, they usually have to be 4.0 or more for us to feel them (from where the ones have been this time). No tornadoes today. My niece posted on her facebook, welcome to "tornearthquakeado".

Thanks for all the nice comments about the RR. I really hope mommy-to-be likes it.

Sue - what a great picture of you and your friend Bubba! How awesome that you get to work with all those neat animals.

Well, I hear NCIS music, so I'd better go and watch it!!

Hugs to all

Hi all,

We had another aftershock this afternoon but we didn't feel it. It was a 3.6, they usually have to be 4.0 or more for us to feel them (from where the ones have been this time). No tornadoes today. My niece posted on her facebook, welcome to "tornearthquakeado".

Thanks for all the nice comments about the RR. I really hope mommy-to-be likes it.

Sue - what a great picture of you and your friend Bubba! How awesome that you get to work with all those neat animals.

Hugs to all

I've got NCIS on DVR!!! Watching my Devils play hockey now--tomorrow night I'll watch NCIS!:lol

Happy Hump Day to those of who work Mon-Friday! Two more days after today till the weekend!! WooT!!!!!

Working late tomorrow and Friday, but it is what it is!

I made an other ugly but warm hat last night and added a flower w/button to the one I made the night before. Also finished up a scarf I had totally forgot I had started! I ended up stitching up the ends of the scarf so you can wrap it around your neck a few times.

I think tonight I'm going to work on one of the totes that I started a while ago- that were found languishing in my WIP pile!

He has horns for a reason...he's a little :devil:lol Though he was very good with me.

So you two are actually twinis! :devil

What a great idea- a wishes bag to store her wishes!! I love that!!!:manyheart (and I love the tote too!!!):hug

Thanks hon! I thought it might perk her up! Haven't given it yet but will soon! To add to her troubles, she was just out a few days due to a death in the family! Poor thing!

Hi all,

Cancelled my hair cut/color appointment. Work was super busy- and I just felt like coming home and crashing. I did stop to vote on my way home, though!

Kuddles I love the Bernat Mosaic yarn! I've been buying it with a 50% off coupon and I'm thining of doing a ripple afghan with it. I saw one on Ravelry that was done in Mosaic yarn and it looked really cool...or I may make a RR with it!! No color changes!!! :yay I have 6 skeins so far of the Mosaic colorway and 3 of the Medusa colorway.

Hope you got rested up!

And yes the Mosaic is my passion now. Collecting it at least! I have a lot now and am slowly using it but I'm stingy with what I make with it! My friend at work is 'lucky' to get a bag made with it!

Hi all,

Hugs to all

:hug back to you!!!

Ann, how are you today?? Hope you are feeling fine!

Everyone else too! Have a super day!

Mama Kuddles

Morning! How are all my wonderful friends today? I'm still plugging away on the same butterfly, lol! Hope to get it finished today. I think I'll give my hands a break after this and make something easier, maybe try one of those "Ugly but warm" hats! Have a fantastic day everyone! :hug

I love it and think it would look great!

Ann, I hope you got a little walk in. :hug

Valerie, I always love a fun lining so I say go for it!

I did go for a walk! :yes

As promised...me and Bubba the great horned owl.

[ATTACH]47481[/ATTACH]

Awww, great pic!

Hi all,

The grays aren't really showing too bad anyway- so decided to just come home and make some more hats! I'm thinking of adding a flower to the one I made last night and then making a couple of more hats.

Ann- Did you go for the 'walk' with DH today? It was gorgeous here today too- around 70 degrees!!! Went outside at lunch time and I really, really didn't want to go back to work!

Sherry- Hope you haven't been having anymore aftershocks or tornadoes!!!

Hope you all have a good night!!!

Yup, went for my walk, I think it got to about 65 today. It was beautiful out there. We couldn't go far, but still it was nice getting out!

Hi all,

Hugs to all

I watched NCIS too! I missed it last week!!!

Happy Hump Day to those of who work Mon-Friday! Two more days after today till the weekend!! WooT!!!!!

Working late tomorrow and Friday, but it is what it is!

I made an other ugly but warm hat last night and added a flower w/button to the one I made the night before. Also finished up a scarf I had totally forgot I had started! I ended up stitching up the ends of the scarf so you can wrap it around your neck a few times.

I think tonight I'm going to work on one of the totes that I started a while ago- that were found languishing in my WIP pile!

You go girl! You've been on a roll lately! You're getting a lot done! :cheer

Lecture and lab today. Long day. Oh well, about a month left and I get a month break! :cheer

So you two are actually twins! :devil

That's funny since we're twins too, so.... :rofl

Ann, how are you today?? Hope you are feeling fine!

Everyone else too! Have a super day!

Mama Kuddles

Hi Mama! Sorry, I missed your post this morning! I haven't been feeling so hot this week. I have a dr's appt (my pcp) tomorrow morning, so we'll see what he has to say. It's just a routine follow up, but I have a feeling he might send me to the ER for hydration at the least. Got a lupus flare going on too, so trying to deal with that. Sorry I'm not as chatty as usual. The pain meds make me a bit loopy! :lol

Lecture and lab today. Long day. Oh well, about a month left and I get a month break! :cheer

WooHoo, one more month! Any big plans for a vacation?

Hi Mama! Sorry, I missed your post this morning! I haven't been feeling so hot this week. I have a dr's appt (my pcp) tomorrow morning, so we'll see what he has to say. It's just a routine follow up, but I have a feeling he might send me to the ER for hydration at the least. Got a lupus flare going on too, so trying to deal with that. Sorry I'm not as chatty as usual. The pain meds make me a bit loopy! :lol

:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

Mama K

Archived