crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

would the quake have been felt in Mo? I could have sworn i felt something , but not sure what time it was.

Yes, you could have felt it. It was felt in Illonios, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, not sure about Nebraska but I haven't seen all the reports today as to where it was felt. It was right before 11 p.m. It's been the largest (strongest?) earthquake in our history. Not a record I want to see broken again!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, you could have felt it. It was felt in Illonios, Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, not sure about Nebraska but I haven't seen all the reports today as to where it was felt. It was right before 11 p.m. It's been the largest (strongest?) earthquake in our history. Not a record I want to see broken again!!!

oh my goodness...... I was laying on my futon, and thought maybe it was just all in my head, bc I was really tired, but Im in the basement on a concrete floor, it couldnt have been anything else.

I hope everyone is safe, and I dont want to see that one broken either.

I've been so scarce around here lately, and every time I start to think I will have more time to spend on here something else goes wrong. Been down with a horrible case of bronchitis now for two weeks and still can't breathe well.

So... just wanted to check in and offer everyone a germ-free computer :ghug

:lol

Happy Sunday all!!!

Have dad's memorial service this afternoon. Sad and happy.

everyone in the quake areas keep safe!

:hug:hug:hug

oh my goodness...... I was laying on my futon, and thought maybe it was just all in my head, bc I was really tired, but Im in the basement on a concrete floor, it couldnt have been anything else.

I hope everyone is safe, and I dont want to see that one broken either.

I'm glad you are safe and hope everyone else is too! :hug

I've been so scarce around here lately, and every time I start to think I will have more time to spend on here something else goes wrong. Been down with a horrible case of bronchitis now for two weeks and still can't breathe well.

So... just wanted to check in and offer everyone a germ-free computer :ghug

:lol

Happy Sunday all!!!

Hope you feel better soon! :hug

Feel better Christie!

Lacey and Sherry- I sure hope there are no more earthquake records broken!!!

Had an awesome afternoon and the Giants beat the Pats on top of it!!! Wootie Woot Woot (sorry Ann)

Before I could take a pic of the 2 scarves with matching hats, they found new homes! Each of my DD's took a set home!!! Makes me feel good that they like what I make!!!

Now to finally sit and do a little crocheting before calling it a night!!!

Christie - feel better soon.

Joanne - glad your DD likes your work. Mine even took a pic of her wearing hers and posted it on facebook. Surprised me that she did that but I'm glad she liked it.

Mama K - hope all is well with you and DD.

Sue - Hope your weekend wasn't too stressful.

Ann - hope you're doing well this weekend.

I got pics taken but not posted yet, maybe tomorrow???? Did get to crochet some this evening, hopefully will get it done tomorrow.

Have a great evening.

Hugs to all

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN - boy did I have a hard time staying up last nite! The change in time made 8 pm feel like bedtime! DD was of course up super early so.........

We had a good weekend! Lots of together time! I think she is actually officially attached to my hip. I know, I know.......I'll be glad I put in all this time with her when she is 11 and can't stand to be near me! LOL

Back to work today. Hope everyone has a good day...and week!

Mama Kuddles

Tonya, happy belated anniversary! :hug

Joanne, I hope you enjoyed your time with dd and little Ryan. :hug

Ann, I hope you are feeling well. :hug

Sherry, glad you are safe! :hug

Mama, enjoy your time with dd while you can. :hug

I know I missed some posts so :hug to everyone!

Worked late last night. Most of the weekend was quiet, but of course just when it's ending we get in a sand hill crane with a broken leg. 4 of us wrestled the thing to get it set. Then I had a "staff meeting". Don't feel bad, it's code for girl's dinner out. :lol

Oh, and I got to hold our great horned owl yesterday too! Boss is going to send me the picture. His name is Bubba, but he's a "bit" overweight so I call him "Blubbo". Glad he didn't talon me for that! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Morning! It's bright and shiny out and I'm hoping it catches up with me soon! :lol I really need to go back to bed. Just might do that after DH gets home from work. I didn't pick up my hooks yesterday. I couldn't decided what I wanted to work on. :think Plus my hands are still hurting from all that work last weekend. I hope to figure something out today and get to work. Not much time left til Christmas! Have a great day everyone! :hug

Had an awesome afternoon and the Giants beat the Pats on top of it!!! Wootie Woot Woot (sorry Ann)

Before I could take a pic of the 2 scarves with matching hats, they found new homes! Each of my DD's took a set home!!! Makes me feel good that they like what I make!!!

Now to finally sit and do a little crocheting before calling it a night!!!

I didn't watch the game, but DH informed me about the loss! :( It's great that your DD's enjoy your work! Woot!

Rise and Shine! It's Monday!!! Which means Craft Club for me tonight!!! Looking forward to the end of the day---but first must get through work!

Have a good one everybody!

Hugs to all!

Have fun tonight!!!!

YYYYYYAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNN - boy did I have a hard time staying up last nite! The change in time made 8 pm feel like bedtime! DD was of course up super early so.........

We had a good weekend! Lots of together time! I think she is actually officially attached to my hip. I know, I know.......I'll be glad I put in all this time with her when she is 11 and can't stand to be near me! LOL

Back to work today. Hope everyone has a good day...and week!

Mama Kuddles

Glad you had a good weekend! Yup, we'll remind you when she's 11! :lol

Worked late last night. Most of the weekend was quiet, but of course just when it's ending we get in a sand hill crane with a broken leg. 4 of us wrestled the thing to get it set. Then I had a "staff meeting". Don't feel bad, it's code for girl's dinner out. :lol

Oh, and I got to hold our great horned owl yesterday too! Boss is going to send me the picture. His name is Bubba, but he's a "bit" overweight so I call him "Blubbo". Glad he didn't talon me for that! :lol

:turtle:vheart

Now that's my kind of staff meeting! :lol Hope we get to see the pic of Blubbo Bubba!

My youngest DD i sin Preschool, and she is Student of the month. Which basically means I make a poster all about her ( what else would a little princess want, LOL) and I can go in and read to the kids, share a snack with them, etc.

The teachers also sent home a paper the other day asking about what hobbies the parents have that they would consider sharing with the kids, and I of course, put down that I crochet. The teacher asked if I would mind sharing some crocheted stuff with the kids and show them how to make a square or something. I said Of Course. Although Im not sure how long Ill be able to keep their attention. They are only about 4 years old. But Ill try, LOL

My youngest DD i sin Preschool, and she is Student of the month. Which basically means I make a poster all about her ( what else would a little princess want, LOL) and I can go in and read to the kids, share a snack with them, etc.

The teachers also sent home a paper the other day asking about what hobbies the parents have that they would consider sharing with the kids, and I of course, put down that I crochet. The teacher asked if I would mind sharing some crocheted stuff with the kids and show them how to make a square or something. I said Of Course. Although Im not sure how long Ill be able to keep their attention. They are only about 4 years old. But Ill try, LOL

Congrats to DD and have fun showing/teaching the kids about crochet! Should be fun/interesting! :lol

But my 4 year old LOVES yarn and squares and totes and purses, and anything Crochet. Just like ME :cheer Shes gonna be expensive when she grows up, she likes the expensive stuff LOL

My DIL brought my 5 yr old (4 yrs at the time) gd into Michael's to spend a gift certificate that she had rec'd (lucky kid!) and she LOVED the place! She also wants me to teach her to crochet! She's the one that asks me to make her washcloths too. They're the only ones she'll use! That's my girl! :hook

Had fun at craft club and just about finished a scarf....

Don't worry about the reminder Kuddles!!! You won't need one when she's between 11-18 or so!!!:lol:lol

Have fun Lacey trying to teach 4 year olds!! I love that age!!!

Ann- Did you go back to sleep this morning? Did anything strike your fancy to pick up a hook today?

Sherry- Can't wait to see the pics

Sue- Don't you just love "staff meetings"? I have them too occasionally!!! ;);)

Night all!

Ok, I'm ready to move!!! Tornadoes this afternoon (they were not close to us but still in the state) AND another earthquake, this one was 4.7!!! This time DH was awake and experienced it.

Will have to do the pics later.

Ok, I'm some what calmer now (Not really but I'm trying to convince myself that I am LOL). Here's the pictures of the RR. Can't get the tote to save, so I'll have to redo it. The RR is laying on a full size bed.

Now I've got to try to calm down so I can get to sleep. We've got thunderstorms going on now, so that's got me on edge.

Hope you all have a good evening! Hugs to all

post-27829-13589770982_thumb.jpg

Ok, I'm some what calmer now (Not really but I'm trying to convince myself that I am LOL). Here's the pictures of the RR. Can't get the tote to save, so I'll have to redo it. The RR is laying on a full size bed.

Now I've got to try to calm down so I can get to sleep. We've got thunderstorms going on now, so that's got me on edge.

Hope you all have a good evening! Hugs to all

Hope you were able to get some sleep!! Tornadoes and earthquakes:eek I'd have a hard time calming down too!!!

on a happier note- I love the RR!!!! The colors are great!!!

Morning all,

Another day in paradise on tap and then hair cut/color afterwards! I finished a quick hat last night --so quick and easy- it's Dot Matthew's Ugly but Warm Hat. Took me about 45 minutes. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=108013&highlight=ugly+warm+hat

I'm going to donate it for our craft/bake sale at work and probably make a few more for another departments mitten/hat tree. These go to a local homeless shelter.

Off to get ready- have a great day!

Yo! Hello all!

Oh Sherry! Stay safe hon! LOVE that RR! I have yet to make one but I have an 'easy' free one to start on so hope to do that very soon!

Joanne - Hi! I plan to make a few of those hats for charity as well! Great minds.......

Rain/thunderstorms today and I have to drive to the state office this morning! Ugh! Oh well.......at least it isn't....SNOW!

Love from Mama Kuddles

Don't believe I've posted this. Made this tote out of Mosaic (my fav!) in a colorway that looks like baby colors to me.

I felt like this tote looks like an easter egg! I love it, so soft......I plan to give it to a friend at work that is going thru a tough time. I call it the Wishes Bag. I hope she can store her wishes there and remember them when times get tough.

Have a great day!

Mama K

post-17419-135897709856_thumb.jpg

Mama K - what a beautiful bag and a great name for it. I hope your friend will treasure it always.

Joanne - will have to look into making hats. Made about 35 a couple of years ago for the homeless shelter here. Thanks for sharing the pattern link.

Sue - Hope you're doing well. Glad you got to have a "staff meeting".

Ann - Hope you're having a good day.

Now we have flash flooding due to all the rain last night. It never is dull with the weather here in Oklahoma!! The video footage of the tornadoes was awesome, maybe you'll get to see them on the national news. Guess I'll be calling our insurance agent to see if we can get a rider for earthquake insurance, will have to wait 30 days if we can as we just had an earthquake over 5.0.

Well, have a great day all. Hugs!!

Archived