crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

evening gals

sorry for my horribly looooong absence...ive been socl all weekend! i went to bed thursday evening and literally just got up...started out with the back pain then progressed into what i think may have been the flu...ill spare ya the details as im sure were all familiar woth the flu LOL

i got up long enough to use the bathroom and TRY to eat...otherwise ive been glued to the couch

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hello! I had fun volunteering! I don't know a stranger so I talked to everyone.....

Plus shopping, a nice walk, it was a good day!

Love from Mama Kuddles

Sounds like a wonderful day! :clap

I'm using Amazing yarn which is a medium worsted yarn- and it's coming out nice with a G hook. I do think it is a little thinner than most though. I love the way the colors are blending into each other. I had bought some with 50% off coupons and while digging through stash found them!

I forgot to comment on how I like the way your SBT turned out in the homespun. Did you figure out what fabric you are going to use to line it?

It sure does sound like a good day!:yes

Dinner is over (and best part---we have leftovers) Back to the scarf!!

Hmm, I'll have to double check my stash and see if I have something I can use. Guess I was looking for an excuse to go yarn shopping! :lol Thanks for the comment about my SBT. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to line it with. I've been working on a hat for DH. He requested a white one just like the green one I made him before! I just finished it a couple of minutes ago.

evening gals

sorry for my horribly looooong absence...ive been socl all weekend! i went to bed thursday evening and literally just got up...started out with the back pain then progressed into what i think may have been the flu...ill spare ya the details as im sure were all familiar woth the flu LOL

i got up long enough to use the bathroom and TRY to eat...otherwise ive been glued to the couch

Sorry to hear that you've been sick! Hope you're well on your way to recovery! :hug

Good morning----

Well, it's as good a morning as a Monday can ever be! I'm late supervisor this week, but still going in regular time cause I hate traffic! Working till 5:30 then off to the craft club. Not sure I'll have time to stop at home beforehand, but will definitely be stopping for coffee on my way!

Ducky- Feel better- although I'm sure you are not to happy with the Cards loss last night!

Have a good day all!

Duck

Good Morning Everyone!

Joanne, hope your day in paradise goes quickly and you have a great time at craft club tonight! :yay

Ducky, hope you're feeling better! :hug

Melani, any more ideas on the float?

Mama K, Sue, Tonya, Marissa, Stephanie, Evelyn, Nicole, Jana, Toni and all you peeps hope you have a wonderful day! Sending big hugs to all that need them! :hug

Thanks Joanne and Ann - it WAS a good day! Now back to reality...............

We get a gift.....two more days of nice weather! Upper 60s and sunny today, same tomorrow till the rain comes in late afternoon.....so hoping to enjoy while I can! Speech tonite.....but still hoping for a walk later!

Have a super day everyone!

Mama K

Good Morning Ladies. I have been MIA again, but plan to check in here more frequently. Not much crocheting lately, but I want to start on Christmas gifts and have A LOT planned so no time like the present. Working on 5- 10 point starburst round ripple, as well as another rainbow (in primary colors) sbt... the first one I made was such a hit with several family members...so I plan to make several of them a xmas gifts. also have the yarn set aside for the checkered granny go round tote, had the pattern for a little while just haven't gotten to stitching it yet. I plan to do a little crocheting here at home this am, and later I am chaperoning for dd band trip (just going to Lexington, 23 miles away, but wil take most of the afternoon and evening, so maybe some crochet time not sure, I plan to be prepared just in case, lol :hook

I have rambled enough, so will check back in later, maybe with pics depends on what I get done lol.

Hi All,

I've been sick and then busy (still not feeling too great). Youngest DD is moving out of her apartment and into my nephew's home to help care for his little boy and help out his wife, Sherri. She's not doing well at all.

Had a football game on Saturday for GS. One more to go and then the playoffs. I'm wondering do you get to go to the playoffs if you've not won one game???? At least on Thursday night they scored 2 touchdowns!!! But they still lost the game.

Will have to catch up later (hopefully no little boys will be at my house tonight--they were there ALL weekend and the littlest one told his momma, "I stay with MeMo and Papa." And he did, he wouldn't go.

Have a great day!

Sue - good luck on your test.

Hugs to all!!

Thanks Joanne and Ann - it WAS a good day! Now back to reality...............

We get a gift.....two more days of nice weather! Upper 60s and sunny today, same tomorrow till the rain comes in late afternoon.....so hoping to enjoy while I can! Speech tonite.....but still hoping for a walk later!

Have a super day everyone!

Mama K

Enjoy the wonderful weather and your walk!

Hi everyone! I learned how to force feed a shearwater (bird) yesterday. It was cool! Today is another test in biology. I'm so not ready.

Miss you all! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Wow, that's a big bird! Cool! Good luck on the test!

Morning ladies! :hi

Just wanted to pop in real quick and say, "Hello!" :hug

Howdy!

:hug to all

Hugs back at ya!:hug

Good Morning Ladies. I have been MIA again, but plan to check in here more frequently. Not much crocheting lately, but I want to start on Christmas gifts and have A LOT planned so no time like the present. Working on 5- 10 point starburst round ripple, as well as another rainbow (in primary colors) sbt... the first one I made was such a hit with several family members...so I plan to make several of them a xmas gifts. also have the yarn set aside for the checkered granny go round tote, had the pattern for a little while just haven't gotten to stitching it yet. I plan to do a little crocheting here at home this am, and later I am chaperoning for dd band trip (just going to Lexington, 23 miles away, but wil take most of the afternoon and evening, so maybe some crochet time not sure, I plan to be prepared just in case, lol :hook

I have rambled enough, so will check back in later, maybe with pics depends on what I get done lol.

Looking forward to pics of your projects!

Hi All,

I've been sick and then busy (still not feeling too great). Youngest DD is moving out of her apartment and into my nephew's home to help care for his little boy and help out his wife, Sherri. She's not doing well at all.

Had a football game on Saturday for GS. One more to go and then the playoffs. I'm wondering do you get to go to the playoffs if you've not won one game???? At least on Thursday night they scored 2 touchdowns!!! But they still lost the game.

Will have to catch up later (hopefully no little boys will be at my house tonight--they were there ALL weekend and the littlest one told his momma, "I stay with MeMo and Papa." And he did, he wouldn't go.

Have a great day!

Sue - good luck on your test.

Hugs to all!!

Hope you have a quiet night at your house tonight! Prayers for Sherri. :hug

Ann, it's not a really big bird. It was a Cory's juvenile. Still cool. :) I also got to release an oven bird. Teeny little thing. It didn't really seem to want to go. I opened my hand and it just perched on my finger. I wiggled my finger and it jumped to my thumb. :lol Finally it got the idea and flew off.

Not to happy with the test. On a good note, I can drop one bad test grade. :)

Oh and actually working on a tote (SBT). One of the girls I go to school with (and she's one of our volunteers) turns 18 on Halloween. She does dual enrollment at the college and high school.

well today is ending with a margarita and potato skins. I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow. I just had to pop in to say I passed my ecg test.wooo hoooo.

went on a "field trip" to travel with the wound nurse today. lets just say not my cup of tea. I was going back and forth between feeling like passing out and throwing up, i actually had to leave the room for a few minutes so I wouldnt end up on the floor. i felt pretty dumb having to do it since i was so excited to go with her. :blush I think i will finally have a chance to crochet again this week. yaaaayy.

Have a good day all :D

Hi everyone! Hey there Joanne and Ann!

Sue - glad to hear you can drop one grade! But I'm confident in your abilities so I'm not too worried!! And of course, another tote that you are giving to someone....you are such a giver! Love ya!

Tonyal - let me know how the shred goes. I've thought about trying it but at my age, I'm thinking I couldn't keep up! And have fun getting back to crocheting!

Sherry - hope you are done being sick sweetie!

And can I just say this: sometimes I forget this but often I'm reminded of it, as I was tonite: my DD is awesome!

Just saying....

Have a great nite all! I owe several pictures of things I've made but just haven't got them downloaded. I'll try to soon!

Mama Kuddles

it has been an interesting day back at work (remember i own my own craft business) i hadnt crocheted since last thursday! im not working on any orders per se but i have 5 afghan ideasa im woking on and 2 sbt for Christmas, 2 for birthday presents, and several ideas for "holiday theme bags for next year (think New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, St Patrics Day...etc etc etc....

the good thing about owning your own business and working from home???you could work in your jamies and nobody cares!

a funny thing about a week ago, our local paper posed the question "dp you facebook at work?" to which i replies yes i do but then again i work from home and its kinda hard to fire myself for facebooking"

actually i love working from home cause i set my own hours and can take off whenever i need to or work looooong hours if i need to.....the downfall??? no steady paycheck :(

on a positive note i got out of the house to go shopping and saw a dunkin doughnut coffee display with......

wait for it...

wait for it......

mochamint coffee!!!

Ann, it's not a really big bird. It was a Cory's juvenile. Still cool. :) I also got to release an oven bird. Teeny little thing. It didn't really seem to want to go. I opened my hand and it just perched on my finger. I wiggled my finger and it jumped to my thumb. :lol Finally it got the idea and flew off.

Not to happy with the test. On a good note, I can drop one bad test grade. :)

Oh and actually working on a tote (SBT). One of the girls I go to school with (and she's one of our volunteers) turns 18 on Halloween. She does dual enrollment at the college and high school.

That's still cool! the little one sounds so sweet too! That's great about the test, but I'm sure you're going to be fine! :hug

well today is ending with a margarita and potato skins. I am starting 30 day shred tomorrow. I just had to pop in to say I passed my ecg test.wooo hoooo.

went on a "field trip" to travel with the wound nurse today. lets just say not my cup of tea. I was going back and forth between feeling like passing out and throwing up, i actually had to leave the room for a few minutes so I wouldnt end up on the floor. i felt pretty dumb having to do it since i was so excited to go with her. :blush I think i will finally have a chance to crochet again this week. yaaaayy.

Have a good day all :D

Margarita ville,heh! :lol I don't know what a shred is, but good luck :think WTG on the test!

Hi everyone! Hey there Joanne and Ann!

Sue - glad to hear you can drop one grade! But I'm confident in your abilities so I'm not too worried!! And of course, another tote that you are giving to someone....you are such a giver! Love ya!

Tonyal - let me know how the shred goes. I've thought about trying it but at my age, I'm thinking I couldn't keep up! And have fun getting back to crocheting!

Sherry - hope you are done being sick sweetie!

And can I just say this: sometimes I forget this but often I'm reminded of it, as I was tonite: my DD is awesome!

Just saying....

Have a great nite all! I owe several pictures of things I've made but just haven't got them downloaded. I'll try to soon!

Mama Kuddles

Have a great night Mama! Yes of course your DD is awesome! :)

it has been an interesting day back at work (remember i own my own craft business) i hadnt crocheted since last thursday! im not working on any orders per se but i have 5 afghan ideasa im woking on and 2 sbt for Christmas, 2 for birthday presents, and several ideas for "holiday theme bags for next year (think New Years, Valentines Day, Easter, St Patrics Day...etc etc etc....

the good thing about owning your own business and working from home???you could work in your jamies and nobody cares!

a funny thing about a week ago, our local paper posed the question "dp you facebook at work?" to which i replies yes i do but then again i work from home and its kinda hard to fire myself for facebooking"

actually i love working from home cause i set my own hours and can take off whenever i need to or work looooong hours if i need to.....the downfall??? no steady paycheck :(

on a positive note i got out of the house to go shopping and saw a dunkin doughnut coffee display with......

wait for it...

wait for it......

mochamint coffee!!!

Sounds like you're feeling better! Working from home can be great! It can have it's draw back too! :lol Been there, done that! Have a great night! :hug

Quick pop in to say hi!!! Just got in a few minutes ago from craft club- and I went straight from work! I'm starving- so I'm heating up the beef stew. Not the best thing to eat at 9:30 but what can you do?

"See you" in the AM!

A quick hello to every one,

Im sure hating Abby being in heat, have to watgh here really close, a neighbor has a little black dog that is here all of the time, I keep mine tied and in a pen all of the time, they let thiers run all over town, so I called her and ask if she could keep it home, she said she would take care of it,

4 hrs later its still running lose, we dont have animal policeman here.

And what is worse he sits by the door and barks for Abby, and she barks back, But she cant go out alone.

Hope you all have a good night.:hug

Margarita ville,heh! :lol I don't know what a shred is, but good luck :think WTG on the test! 30 day shred is a dvd that you can lose up to 20 pounds in 30 days...my friend has had great success with it so I figured it was worth a shot.

and yep that margarita was quite yummy :morcoffeeI think this smilie represents how I was..take away the mug and add a tumbler full of frozen lime goodness :lol

Have a great night Mama! Yes of course your DD is awesome! :)

I am third-ing the DD being awesome.

im officially in a good mood!!! a friend of mine on facebook ordered a bag from me!!! no due date so....when i get out to go shopping thursday im gonna get the one color i need (of all the yarn i have youd think id have the one shade i need)

i cant wait to get started on this one......plum pudding is the main body color

Good Morning! Wishing you all a lovely day!

A quick hello to every one,

Im sure hating Abby being in heat, have to watgh here really close, a neighbor has a little black dog that is here all of the time, I keep mine tied and in a pen all of the time, they let thiers run all over town, so I called her and ask if she could keep it home, she said she would take care of it,

4 hrs later its still running lose, we dont have animal policeman here.

And what is worse he sits by the door and barks for Abby, and she barks back, But she cant go out alone.

Hope you all have a good night.:hug

Ugh, not fun! I can't remember how long dogs are in heat, but hopefully it will be over soon. :hug

I am third-ing the DD being awesome.

Thanks for the explanation! I'm so out of touch with that stuff these days! lol! Good luck! That margarita sure sounded yummy, hope it still feels worth it this morning! :lol

im officially in a good mood!!! a friend of mine on the ville oredered a bag from me!!! no due date so....when i get out to go shopping thirsday im gonna get the one color i need (of all the yarn i have youd think id have the one shade i need)

i cant wait to get started on this one......plum pudding is the main body color

Fantastic! I love plum pudding! I've been thinking that I need to pick some up for one of my Christmas presents I want to make! I haven't found it in Walmart though. Might have to order it.

Good morning!

Tonya- Congrats on passing the ecg test!! The margarita sounds like a great way to celebrate!!! Good luck with the 30 day shred. I had to look it up since I'd never heard of it either! Keep us posted on how it's going.

Evelyn- Good luck keeping the neighbors dog away from your Abby- sounds like the neighbor didn't quite understand what you meant about keeping her dog at home!!!

Kuddles- I'll fourth it---about your DD being awesome!!! How could she be otherwise, with a Mama like you? Have a great Tuesday!!

Ann- Good morning!! Did you finish the white hat for your DH?

Ducky- Congrats on the sale of a tote! Good luck finding the 'plum pudding'!!!

Sue- Sorry to hear about the bio grade--but it's always good when the prof lets you drop the lowest one!! Hang in there!!! No doubts you'll do fine!!!

Jana- I think today is the day you are back from TX- hope Kerri is continuing to do well.

Time to 'make the donuts'......see you on the flip side!

Woot! Good morning my lovelies! Thanks Ann, Tonyal and Joanne on agreeing about my DD! Poor baby had a bloody nose in the night.....'fixed' her nose a few years back when she had almost daily ones. SO much better but when she does get one, it comes back for about 2 weeks till it completely heals up. So yup, she is in the beginning of those 2 weeks.....I think I'll pick up one of those cheap humidifiers today at lunch since the house is dry...me thinks that is the issue.

My staycation continues today with the boss out one more day. And I will run over to the state office this afternoon which means I will probably get 'off' work a bit early so I can pick up my DD a little early. She loves that!

And today will get up to 76! Yikes! Then the drop then only up to around 50 for the rest of the week. Thus the reason to drive to the state office this afternoon.......I'll wish I had a convertible today to enjoy the drive even more!

Well off I go to get her and I ready.

Love from Mama Kuddles

:lol ann it was still worth it this morning, I only had one so its all good.

kuddles- hope dd is feeling better today, I used to get nose bleeds all the time when I was younger.

I start midnights again tonight so i'll be scarce until friday.

Archived