crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

I miss you all so much. :hug

Thanks ladies. Today another turtle came in and didn't make it, but I was in birds and didn't have to deal with it. On a great note I got to handle a Peregrine falcon!!! I have come to LOVE falcons. We have our resident Kestrel and a couple weeks ago we had a Merlin in for rehab. Gorgeous birds!!

Now to make all the "snow" girls mad...It's 5:45pm, we have the windows open and I'm in a tank top and shorts. Running and hiding now. :lol

:turtle:vheart

:lol:lol Good thing you are hiding:lol:lol:lol The day got better- lots of the snow is melting- but my niece and nephew have no school tomorrow. They live in the northern part of the state and they are without power--maybe till Wed- there was about 10 inches of snow where they are. I saw a list of school closings for tomorrow and there are quite a few. There are still roads blocked by trees- but not that I saw by me when I went the approx 3 miles to see Ryan today.

sorry about the turtle, and glad that you didn't have to deal with it today! I'll have to look up those falcons you mentioned.

And on a good note- The Giants Won!! (barely, but a W just the same):lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, our GS football season is over. They didn't win, tried hard but just couldn't get that ball down the field. I really think some of the kids on the other teams are not 7 but 8 or 9, they are huge! GS doesn't want to play basketball, so my nights won't be spent in a gym watching 7 year olds.

Got the SBT done, just need to hide the tails and it will be ready to go to the mommy-to-be. Will try to get pics tomorrow

Get to take both GS trick or treating at our church. They do "trunk or treat" and it a blast. They use the parking lot to do it in and they have a lot of games to play as well. i'm excited as the little one won't be afraid this year, last year we had to carry him as he was so afraid of everything.

Sue - sorry to hear about another turtle. But I'm glad you got to be with the birds today.

Mama K - hope you enjoyed your free time! I understand completely, and I get excited when I have "free time" as well. My littlest GS cried to "come to u house" tonight and mommy gave in and let him. So my quiet time was trying to get him to sleep.

Well, I'd better go and get some sleep. DH is not feeling well and coughing a lot, so I hope he's not coming down with something serious.

For all of you with snow, be careful when you have to get out.

Hugs to all!

Good morning! Trick or Treat!!!

Hope you all have a good day- and those of you with little ones-have fun with them--Love seeing the little ones all dressed up.I'm working late, then heading to see GS in his first halloween costume- then heading to craft club. Busy day, and won't get to see many trick-or-treaters!

Enjoy the day everyone :jack:skeleton:jack:ghost:skeleton

I miss you all so much. :hug

Thanks ladies. Today another turtle came in and didn't make it, but I was in birds and didn't have to deal with it. On a great note I got to handle a Peregrine falcon!!! I have come to LOVE falcons. We have our resident Kestrel and a couple weeks ago we had a Merlin in for rehab. Gorgeous birds!!

Now to make all the "snow" girls mad...It's 5:45pm, we have the windows open and I'm in a tank top and shorts. Running and hiding now. :lol

Ah don't run and hide.....we all know what our weather brings. You moved to FL for the wonderful temps, yes?

Sorry to hear about another turtle but glad you got some bird fun! Hope you can get some rest today (doubt it since you have school but I can dream!).

Mama Kuddles

Good morning! Trick or Treat!!!

Hope you all have a good day- and those of you with little ones-have fun with them--Love seeing the little ones all dressed up.I'm working late, then heading to see GS in his first halloween costume- then heading to craft club. Busy day, and won't get to see many trick-or-treaters!

Enjoy the day everyone :jack:skeleton:jack:ghost:skeleton

BOO! Thanks Joanne......DD is looking forward to going to a few houses but really she wants to stay home and hand out candy! Go figure! Fine with me since it will only be around 45 for T&T time! Yikes!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Played hookie today from school. After the long weekend at work I needed a "me" day. So Bruce and I went to JCPenney's to do some shopping, then Joann's and HL for some goodies. Lunch at Longhorn. The neighbors have their annual block Halloween party. Free food and beer! :lol

I hope everyone is having a good day. :hug

loooong weekend!

halloween party friday nite that turned into a cardinals fest. saturday and sunday i hid. i didnt wanna talk to anybody and realy still am not feeling people friendly yet...

i desperately need somebody to cheer me up....i hurt both physically and emotionally. i briefly spoke to a friend last night. his birthday is coming up the end of november so we were talking about hip party...then he slammed me with the fact he found out friday he has MS.

talk about being floored....im scared fo rhim and at the same time with the Lords help he will be ok. he knows i odnt handle stress real well (lets be honest who does???) so we started cracking jokes. please keep my friend jw in your prayers...

does anybody have any information they could share with me? i wanna find out what i can about this so i can help him somehow

Sue - glad you decided to play hooky today and take some time for yourself. Sounds like you had a great time!

Mama K - glad you will be inside for most of the night. Our weather will be nice, a little cool (maybe in the 60's) and a little wind. Both boys are excited. Mommy won't be going now, she's got too much homework. So I hope the boys will be good cause it will just be me, unless DH is feeling better.

Joanne - enjoy the first Halloween with your GS!!

Ducky - sorry to hear about your friend. There are different types of MS so it would depend on what he's been diagnosed with. My DIL's mother has MS and she's doing well. But we also have a friend who's wife was completely bedridden with it in a very short time. The best advice is for him to follow what his dr says for him to do.

Have a great evening all!

Played hookie today from school. After the long weekend at work I needed a "me" day. So Bruce and I went to JCPenney's to do some shopping, then Joann's and HL for some goodies. Lunch at Longhorn. The neighbors have their annual block Halloween party. Free food and beer! :lol

I hope everyone is having a good day. :hug

The day sounds like it was just what you needed!!!!! Hope you had a great time!!!:hug

Had a busy day in Paradise, then off to see my GS for a short visit and then headed to craft club. I'm ready to call it a night soon!

Ducky- As Sherry said, it depends on what type of MS. One of my brothers has MS- diagnosed about 10 years ago and he is doing very well.

Sherry- Hope you had fun Trick or treating

Kuddles- Did DD go out at all or was she just happy to hand out the treats?

See you in the AM!

EDIT: Since I was the last to post last night, I'll just edit this and say GOOD MORNING!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Good morning! Boy are we tired in our house!

Sherry/Joanne - yup DD wanted to go out to T&T and boy did we! 'Only' for an hour but my feet are tired for some reason. We got sooo much loot it is crazy! She enjoyed it tons! We were only home enough to hand out to 3 sets of kids but DD liked that as well! Now, I have to get rid of this candy........doesn't fit into my WW life! Yikes!

Sue - glad to hear you finally had a day for yourself! Good for you!!!!!

Ann - where are ya honey? You doing okay?

Ducky - hugs to you!

Well I better get going with my day!

Love from Mama K

Mama K - glad you and DD had a great time last night. We ended up taking my DD's boss' daughter along with the boys and we all had a great time. Little one cried big tears when I said it's time to go, it's over. We got sooooooooo much candy DH and I were putting in our coat pockets!

Joanne - Glad you got to see GS last night.

Sue - hope you have a good day today!

Ducky - hugs to you!

Have a wonderful day!! Hugs to all of you.

good morning everyone. I am starting to adjust to these midnights again. I am ready for bed, but remembered that today is the day my favorite yarn store brings out the new monthly color and it was for "breaking dawn" so I just had to sneak over and grab a skein or 5 before it was gone. hope everyone has a good day.

Here's the SBT for my DIL. It's TLC robin egg and serene. I had never used this yarn, but I really like it and liked the colors, too.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hi all! Is it ok to jump in on this. I just bought the pattern the other day and I'm working on one right now. I grabbed some yarn I had handy in like a sage green color, one solid and one with a fleck in it. I think I'll just make it all the same color. I don't have any other color to go with it. lol

I'll post a pic when I'm done. :hook

Absolutely! Glad to have you join us!! :D

Saturday was our town's trick-or-treating and Halloween Parade. I enjoyed working on the things we were making for the float! :) Dmitri wanted a Super Mario Bros. theme, so we were working on making things like Goomba's and Koopa Troopa's and such. My son Michael was a HUGE help with that - he was able to look at the pictures of the characters and re-create them using construction paper, glue, and markers... LOL After he had the proto-types, I was able to trace them and make more copies... I also made two "question mark" boxes and two pipes. I DID take pictures, and I will post them soon (hopefully tomorrow)... Friday after school, Dmitri and I spent about 4 hours creating a banner for the float, then Saturday a couple other parents came over and we were able to get everything assembled on the trailer that my brother had lent us. It looked very cute!! About 3 and a half hours before the start of the parade, we had a nice, quick little storm roll through. Great big, splashy drops of water, lots of wind, some lightening and thunder, even a bit of hail and some sleet (a few people spotted some snowflakes!)... Needless to say, the beautiful banner Dmitri and I had worked so hard on was completely ruined... :'( He was a trooper, though, and I got lots of pictures before... Our float ended up getting 7th place!! (Woo Hoo!! Yeah, okay, so it was 7th place out of 7, oh well!) Dmitri's class didn't even have a float at all last year, one never got made. I figure at least we had a float this year, and while it wasn't the prettiest, or the Grand Prize winner, Dmitri and I had fun working on it... so did Michael, Arielle, and one of the little girls in Dmitri's class. (Madeline had come over and helped make some of the characters one afternoon...) We tried, and we gave it our best, and to me - that's all that really matters in the end. I can't wait for you all to see how it turned out!! :) A few other parents and I have already starting with some ideas for next year - I'm hoping to have more help and more fun next time around!! LOL

I was busy last week, didn't really do any crocheting at all. I'm looking forward to getting back to my hook and yarn this week!!! :)

Sue, so sorry to hear about the tragic turtle deaths... :(:hug I imagine that makes a normally fun job very difficult...

Tammy - prayers being said for you and yours, sweetie!!

Joanne & Ann - crazy weather! I hope it's not a sign of what's to come... :eek

Everyone else - :hi

:hug

It was a quiet day. Thankfully. The only day of the year I indulge in the spirits (Capt. Morgan to be exact) is Halloween at the neighbor's party. I was suffering from a hangover all day. The boss said I am no longer allowed to work on Nov. 1st. :lol

Sue- I thought the same thing as Mama K--no working on Nov 1!! You can take off in honor of my youngest DD--it's her birthday today!! First one as a new mama!!

tonya- Loved how you had to get a skein or 5!!!:lol Glad you are adjusting to the night shift!

Kuddles- DD took a picture of Ryan sleeping in his crib with a bunch of candy all around and captioned it "in a candy coma":lol:lol

Melani- Sorry about the float- but I'm glad that you and your boys had a fun family bonding time making it!!! And Congrats on the 7th place finish:clap

Sherry- Sounds like you all had fun!!

Thinking about you Ann!!!:hug:hug

been a couch potato today...arthritis flare up and cold....wont be onlune again probably til thursday as i have a few friends coming over tomorrow to spend the nite

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in and say hi and hope everyone is doing well :hook I didn't get a chance to work on the SBT as much as I would have liked but I did get a few more rows done :crocheting Take care everyone :hug

Good morning! Happy hump day! I have lecture and lab today, then we go out to eat. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Good morning - have a great day all!

Anyone heard from Ann? I'm concerned!

kuddles

I just sent her an e-mail to check on her. :(

Good Morning all!

Sue enjoy your lunch! Hope you have a good day.

Joanne - Hope your day is good!

It's payday here, so I have payroll to do later this morning. I'd really like to be home curled up under my afghan. It's gonna get really cold (not so much cold as the 50 mph winds that will bring it in).

Got the last 2 SBT finished last night. Tails all hidden!! Will try to take pics later today or tomorrow. Not sure what my next project will be but I'm sure I'll be making some more SBT for Christmas gifts.

Have a wonderful day!!

Archived