crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Hi everyone ! I have 3 different totes going right now not to mention all the christmas blankets I need to make, about 20 - 30. last minute idea. not going to be big blankets tho

guess i better get started

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a wonderful time with two of my friends crocheting and enjoying a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Then, I braved the grocery store and brought DH along for all the fun:lol

I was going to put it off till tomorrow, but decided I'd rather have all day tomorrow to not have to do anything. Now that it's done, I'm glad I did!!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Hi everyone ! I have 3 different totes going right now not to mention all the christmas blankets I need to make, about 20 - 30. last minute idea. not going to be big blankets tho

guess i better get started

I'm so glad that I made so many SBT's this summer- they are gifts for some of my co-workers. And I've been busy making scarves. Can't imagine having to make 20-30 Christmas blankets:eek

Yes, you are right, you better get started!!!!:hook

I think it was an allergy attack since I feel better today...until I cut my thumb while doing food prep. Our vet was there and he took care of it. I always knew one day I'd be treated by a vet. :lol

:hug and love to all!! I miss you most of all Mama. :hug

:turtle:vheart

I think it was an allergy attack since I feel better today...until I cut my thumb while doing food prep. Our vet was there and he took care of it. I always knew one day I'd be treated by a vet. :lol

:lol Laughing at the treated by a vet---not that you cut your thumb!!!

Glad to hear that you think it was only an allergy attack and that you are not coming down with something!!!

I had a wonderful time with two of my friends crocheting and enjoying a Pumpkin Spice Latte.

Then, I braved the grocery store and brought DH along for all the fun:lol

I was going to put it off till tomorrow, but decided I'd rather have all day tomorrow to not have to do anything. Now that it's done, I'm glad I did!!!!

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

:yay I'm glad you had fun!! I battled a headache all day; it's subsiding now, finally! Dmitri (my youngest) and I did our grocery shopping today, too. He was quite the little helper! Tomorrow we're going to visit a church, it's my Great Aunt Annabel's church. They are having Harvest Days tomorrow, and my Aunt Raedene thought it would be nice if a bunch of us showed up for it, since Annabel comes to all things for us, good or bad! I have to agree... After that, I have plans with the Groove (not a birthday celebration, just a hang-out session!) Enjoy your "empty" day tomorrow - maybe you can make up for yesterday and have your own little "I Love Yarn" day all to yourself!! :hug

:rofl You're such an animal!! :hug Hope it heals up nicely, glad to hear you're feeling better!

Good morning!

Looking forward to a nice relaxing day--and I like Melani's idea of having my own "I Love Yarn Day":lol

I just looked and next Saturday I have a baby shower to go to ( thought I had 2 weeks:eek). I'd better get the :crocheting out and start a quick baby blanket!!!

:lol Laughing at the treated by a vet---not that you cut your thumb!!!

When I cut it I calmly went to the lab sink and asked Craig (vet) to come look at something for me...He just laughed at me. Blood trail from the kitchen to the lab and I act like it was nothing. I just told him I've done worse with less sharp objects (cut off a finger tip with safety scissors). :D

:rofl You're such an animal!! :hug Hope it heals up nicely, glad to hear you're feeling better!

Thanks! :hug

:hug:manyheart:hug:manyheart

Oh honey, I miss you so much! But I know you are SO busy so I can 'wait it out' till you get thru school! I'm not going anywhere honey! I PROMISE!

And ugh allergies, I totally understand those! So sorry! But yeah, I think we ALL knew a vet would treat ya one day! :devil

Today: I am armed with six unique 50% off one item Joann coupons! So you all know where I'm heading to this morning! They open at 10. Ugh, yes I will be first in the store!

Have a great day all!

Mama Kuddles

Have fun Mama K!!!!! What kind of yarn are you getting? You know inquiring minds want to know!!!:lol:lol

I started the baby blanket- found some Bernat Softee baby in my stash...Luckily it's blue and she's having a boy!:lol I'm making the tried and true (and easy and quick) Bubbles Baby Blanket pattern by Deneen St. Amour!

It's a Gorgeous day here today!!! I just love FALL!!!!

Good Morning Everyone! I'm up again! This is my 2nd "morning"! :lol I was up from 2am -6:30am, then went back to bed until 8:30. I think I'm up for a while now! :) Those grandkids of mine just wear me out! :lol I had a great time yesterday though! It was wonderful seeing them. They were all there except the oldest. He had a football game, then went with his mom. My poor little Kaylee, the 5yr old was brought to Acute care while I was there because she was feeling so poorly. Come to find out she has acute bronchitis. Hopefully the meds will have her feeling better soon. That poor child is always getting sick. Jillybean loved her Miss Mouse purse! So did her cousin Ashlyn! (who is 2 1/2 yrs old! :lol) Time to start making another purse! Have a great day everyone!

Mama, have fun shopping today! Let us know what you get!!!

Joanne, that's great that you had stash for the baby blanket! Can't wait to see pics of it!

Sue, always knew you'd be treated by a vet one day! :lol Glad you are feeling better :hug

Melani, have fun at Harvest Days! Hope your headache is gone!

Good morning everyone! I am back!!!

I am sorry I have been so absent the last five or six weeks. My life has not been my own. I am trying to claim more time for myself now. :)

Since there is absolutely no way to catch up on all that I have missed, just know that I have missed you all and that I am sending lots of :hug to everyone. Can't wait to spend more time here with all my online friends and see what is happening with all of you.

When I cut it I calmly went to the lab sink and asked Craig (vet) to come look at something for me...He just laughed at me. Blood trail from the kitchen to the lab and I act like it was nothing. I just told him I've done worse with less sharp objects (cut off a finger tip with safety scissors). :D

Thanks! :hug

ouch..know that feeling! I took the chunk off of a finger tip with a paper cutter once...

ACK! 3 of my coupons don't start yet! So I put back 3 skeins of yarn (sniff sniff) so DD could still get an outfit for her donated to American Girl doll.

hee hee but I still have 3 repeat numbers so I can go on lunch one day and get those 3 skeins after all!

Plus more that start next week.

This is so wrong! Why do they keep giving me these coupons!? They should be stopped!

oh maybe I should be stopped....

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

kuddles

Good morning everyone! I am back!!!

I am sorry I have been so absent the last five or six weeks. My life has not been my own. I am trying to claim more time for myself now. :)

Since there is absolutely no way to catch up on all that I have missed, just know that I have missed you all and that I am sending lots of :hug to everyone. Can't wait to spend more time here with all my online friends and see what is happening with all of you.

Great to see you!!! Life gets that way sometimes. Glad you spend more time with us now! :hug

I have a few coupons for Joanns as well, I plan on using them today as well, Ill have to post a pic of my new stash when i get it home :)

Another lucky duck getting to go to JoAnn's! Have fun!!!

ACK! 3 of my coupons don't start yet! So I put back 3 skeins of yarn (sniff sniff) so DD could still get an outfit for her donated to American Girl doll.

hee hee but I still have 3 repeat numbers so I can go on lunch one day and get those 3 skeins after all!

Plus more that start next week.

This is so wrong! Why do they keep giving me these coupons!? They should be stopped!

oh maybe I should be stopped....

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh

kuddles

Oh, poor Mama, you have to go back to JoAnn's during the week. I feel so bad for you! NOT! :lol Enjoy every coupon you have! :hook

Oh Ann trust me I use every single 50% coupon I ever get from there! I like to buy a couple skeins of yarn I've never used before as a treat....

Well, I just finished a tote bag for a friend's BD next month....I embroidered a guitar on each side of it since she bought one recently and is trying to get back into that.

Next up, visiting a relative that recently had back surgery.

Have a fun rest of your day everyone!

Mama Kuddles

Hi all, finally got the phone line/internet fixed. The stupid dogs that lived here before us decided the phone line/cable was a chew toy. When we had our 4 inches of rain last weekend, it got wet and that's why no phone line.

Ya'll have been busy!! I've missed so much.

Sue - hope your cut heals quickly - being treated by a vet!

Ann - hope you've enjoyed your time with your family!

Glad to hear from toni and krazynkrafty!!

Thanks for the comments on the shawl. I've not heard from her but I'm sure I will this week sometime. My boss takes off on Fridays and I gave it to him on Thursday to take to her.

Now I'm back to the RR and the all blue SBT. Hope to get them done this week.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Hi everyone!

Good to see you Christie!!

Kuddles- So.....what kind of yarn did you get?????:lol Too bad you have to go back to Joann's again....and again....and again....:lol The tote with the guitar sounds awesome!!!!

Ann- Glad you had a nice visit with the grands--sorry to hear about Kaylee--hopefully the meds are starting to work already!!!!

Sherry- Glad your phone line/internet is back up and running!

Watching my Giants- the game is tied 24-24.....so I'd better get back to cheering them on:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Heres a pic of the "tiny" phone tote I made in light of the holiday season. **** Note: Not for the faint of heart, easily offended, or anyone under the age of 18 ***** you will see why when you click the link :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/319282_10150354131003328_710368327_7882598_793087085_n.jpg

its a loosely based mixture of the Beanis found here http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc07/beanis.htm and the severed finger found here http://monstercrochet.blogspot.com/2006/09/free-pattern-severed-finger.html

Oh Ann trust me I use every single 50% coupon I ever get from there! I like to buy a couple skeins of yarn I've never used before as a treat....

Well, I just finished a tote bag for a friend's BD next month....I embroidered a guitar on each side of it since she bought one recently and is trying to get back into that.

Next up, visiting a relative that recently had back surgery.

Have a fun rest of your day everyone!

Mama Kuddles

Can't say as I blame ya! I'd do the same thing! :cheer The guitar tote sounds wonderful! When do we get to see a pic? Enjoy the rest of your day! :hug

Hi all, finally got the phone line/internet fixed. The stupid dogs that lived here before us decided the phone line/cable was a chew toy. When we had our 4 inches of rain last weekend, it got wet and that's why no phone line.

Ya'll have been busy!! I've missed so much.

Sue - hope your cut heals quickly - being treated by a vet!

Ann - hope you've enjoyed your time with your family!

Glad to hear from toni and krazynkrafty!!

Thanks for the comments on the shawl. I've not heard from her but I'm sure I will this week sometime. My boss takes off on Fridays and I gave it to him on Thursday to take to her.

Now I'm back to the RR and the all blue SBT. Hope to get them done this week.

Everyone have a great weekend!

Yay! So glad you got your internet back! Good luck getting the RR and SBT done!!!

Hi everyone!

Good to see you Christie!!

Kuddles- So.....what kind of yarn did you get?????:lol Too bad you have to go back to Joann's again....and again....and again....:lol The tote with the guitar sounds awesome!!!!

Ann- Glad you had a nice visit with the grands--sorry to hear about Kaylee--hopefully the meds are starting to work already!!!!

Sherry- Glad your phone line/internet is back up and running!

Watching my Giants- the game is tied 24-24.....so I'd better get back to cheering them on:cheer:cheer:cheer:cheer

Have you been working on the baby blanket today? I haven't turned on the tv. Hope your team won!

Heres a pic of the "tiny" phone tote I made in light of the holiday season. **** Note: Not for the faint of heart, easily offended, or anyone under the age of 18 ***** you will see why when you click the link :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/319282_10150354131003328_710368327_7882598_793087085_n.jpg

its a loosely based mixture of the Beanis found here http://www.theanticraft.com/archive/imbolc07/beanis.htm and the severed finger found here http://monstercrochet.blogspot.com/2006/09/free-pattern-severed-finger.html

:eek Glad for the warning! :lol

I call it the Severed Penis Phone Tote :D .......... Im so horrible :D

You're so naughty!

Hey Ann! I'll post a pic of the tote soon........

We had dinner, showers are done, now relaxing with DD till her bed time.

Have a good nite all!

Mama Kuddles

Can't wait to see the pic of the tote.....and not so patiently waiting to hear what yarn you bought today:hook

Ann- Yes, the Giants won!!!! Wasn't sure they were going to pull it off, but they did!:clap

Watching the Cowboys/Pats game and your Pats are down by 3. I've been working on the baby ghan, on and off. I did go out today for a bit and also made some chicken soup.

Now it's back to the baby ghan for me!!:crocheting

Archived